Break the wall down part 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

abhilegend
Like Quasar, these characters try to break the barrier created by Hydra in Secret Invasion.

How powerful is the barrier.

https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/34457795/Captain_America_-_Steve_Rogers_2016-_014-015.jpg.html
https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/34457796/Captain_America_-_Steve_Rogers_2016-_014-016.jpg.html
https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/34457797/Captain_America_-_Steve_Rogers_2016-_014-017.jpg.html
https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/34457798/Captain_America_-_Steve_Rogers_2016-_014-018.jpg.html

Around 210-220 nukes could've broken it.

And Galactus couldn't.

https://i.imgur.com/VJxOaQQ.jpg

And Quasar destroyed it.

https://i.imgur.com/LO6l8V1.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/dzJNc7B.jpg

Which of them succeed?
Thor
Silver Surfer
Mangog
Odin
Galactus (Devourer)

Philosophía
This thread amuses me, just for simply imagining any 'cosmic cheese' fan coming in, realizing that it's relative performances of characters against each other that matter and not how many planets they can crack, having a full on cognitive dissonance crisis, then going back to their retarded ways and saying "Surfer wins, because he destroyed a planet, which is above that number of nukes".

To answer the question, Galactus if properly fed, imo.

One Big Mob
This thread seems like the retort abhi had planned to try and argue against anyone breaking the GLC barrier.

Is that the amusing part of this thread?

The nuke part is stupid though, and it creates issues. Why it was even brought up in the op is questionable but that's what I get for letting curiosity get the best of me.

First issue is that because the nukes could do it, we assume everyone was written down severely and thus anyone who has shown above that power should be able to do it.

Second issue is we assume the nukes are actually above these characters and everyone was written properly. Thus the inclusion is meaningless. Which seems odd considering no matter how Ewing was writing him, Galactus was still giving life to planets fairly easily.

What it seems reasonable to do however, is to ignore the things that never attacked or destroyed the shield. Therefore the nukes are irrelevant as is the Galactus statement, as we didn't actually see them fail or suceed. What this creates is an ability to assume the characters were at their best without anything else dragging them down. Quasar destroying the shield was still beyond retarded, but it wasn't as bad if we go by what tried and failed as opposed to what was said. I don't know if the writer just wanted to promote a female or just knew dick all about the Quantum Bands but it wasn't great. We could assume the 30 nukes brought it down from 100 but didn't actually move it that full 1 percent.

So
Surfer can't. Thor might if we go by the Godblast. Odin should be able to, as should Mangog. Galactus

Philosophía
Originally posted by One Big Mob
Is that the amusing part of this thread?

The nuke part is stupid though, and it creates issues. Why it was even brought up in the op is questionable but that's what I get for letting curiosity get the best of me.

First issue is that because the nukes could do it, we assume everyone was written down severely and thus anyone who has shown above that power should be able to do it.

Second issue is we assume the nukes are actually above these characters and everyone was written properly. Thus the inclusion is meaningless. Which seems odd considering no matter how Ewing was writing him, Galactus was still giving life to planets fairly easily.

What it seems reasonable to do however, is to ignore the things that never attacked or destroyed the shield. Therefore the nukes are irrelevant as is the Galactus statement, as we didn't actually see them fail or suceed. What this creates is an ability to assume the characters were at their best without anything else dragging them down. Quasar destroying the shield was still beyond retarded, but it wasn't as bad if we go by what tried and failed as opposed to what was said. I don't know if the writer just wanted to promote a female or just knew dick all about the Quantum Bands but it wasn't great. We could assume the 30 nukes brought it down from 100 but didn't actually move it that full 1 percent.

So
Surfer can't. Thor might if we go by the Godblast. Odin should be able to, as should Mangog. Galactus

My point is that I don't care about nukes.

The same way I don't care about, say, all of the powerhouses (Hulk Cho, Jane, Hercules etc.) being unable to stop a small asteroid in Defenders.

The same way...etc. You can give countless examples here.

So if I don't encounter rabid fans, I won't even use it as an argument. I wish the forum fights wouldn't degrade to that, but they always do.

I put much more emphasis on how they're portrayed in relation to one another.

It's how I integrate the writer filter. The relative 'hierarchy' tends to be consistent. So while Dan Jurgens' keeps it low level and King Thor passes out trying to rebuild a moon, or whatever, while classic Odin goes galaxy-level, or current Odin headbutts people and whatnot, the relative hierarchy is still intact. King Thor is still more powerful than, say, Surfer, even if cosmic feat for cosmic feat, Jurgens Thor vs Ron Marz Surfer comes out on top. You're a Surfer slurper, so you cling to cosmic showings as much as you can in lack of much else, but still, you see this point of view.

So if, say, there's a showing where a mile wide asteroid comes at 300mph at Earth, and out of a group of Thor, Hulk, Namor, Hercules and Hyperion, none of them can stop it but Hulk, I would like not to go "lol @ how weak all the others are" but "hey, this is a portrayal of Hulk that puts him above the rest. It's just that, under that writer, an asteroid is the level 'heralds' operate at.

But I sometimes do, because I know there's morons who would do so if the reverse is true. I'm Magneto like that.

One Big Mob
And this would be a reasonable stance to take if it were consistent with everyone on the forum. You and I both know what's going to happen here though. The nukes are going to be brought up... a lot.

I was simply offering the best explanation without conflict from both sides. "The characters are more powerful than the nukes so we ignore how they did against the shield", and stuff along those lines. I don't remember 200 or so nukes being said to destroy the shield (that story sucked and didn't care to pay attention), but if it was, it didn't happen is what I'm saying, and keeping everyone happy, you just assume it's another statement without merit. Especially when 30 only did 1 percent or less, so 200 seems odd.

So you take the showings against it into account, and not what failed or what didn't. And Quasar doing that much better than everyone is still retarded, but it creates an ability to scale... maybe.

Philosophía
And this would be a reasonable stance to take if it were consistent with everyone on the forum. You and I both know what's going to happen here though. The nukes are going to be brought up... a lot. I know, but it's not only the nukes, and this has been the way things are argued on the forum before abhi. Even if we bypass the 'chicken or the egg' question, trying to make an argument of relative portrayals while the other side screams "but he blew up teh planet!" is kind of like having the chess board thrown off the table. He does...what everybody does. It's why we have entire threads of "let's have GLs and Surfer replicate each other's random cosmic feats that no writer ever thought about besides looking cool".

As for the thread, btw, I think Quasar being that much more powerful than all of Earth's heroes combined is...stupid. If she's a hundred or so nukes I don't really care.

One Big Mob

Philosophía
Abhi is the only one engaging celey and rage. I think most of the forum has caught on and ignores them. Kris and Damborg are reasonable Thor fans, imo.

I think this started with Surfer fans , tbh, way back in 2009ish, if not earlier, way before abhi was here. It's the earliest I remember, at least. Maybe even that was a by-product of the 'cosmic debates' with Mr. Master, where people were counting how many infinities of infinities were destroyed, and how one infinity is higher than the other. It scaled down, until people started counting planets, black holes and whatnot. Or maybe it's a simple by-product of trying to 'one up' the other Universe. How many times do we see Surfer vs Thor coming down to this shit? Or Hulk vs Thor? Or Superman vs Wonder Woman? The lack of relative showings of the Universes seems to push people towards arguing that sort of stuff, since they can't seem to get a 'calibration' from which to start from. Like, I dunno, Thor is equivalent to Wonder Woman in strength, or Surfer with Green Lantern etc. and start from there.

krisblaze
Phil, do you think that to be the case?

The rest of forum viewing rage and celey as unreasonable and Abhi as reasonable?

Philosophía
Originally posted by krisblaze
Phil, do you think that to be the case?

The rest of forum viewing rage and celey as unreasonable and Abhi as reasonable? I think the forum sees rage and abhi as two side of the same coin, while celey is thought of as the 'dumb' one of the Thor side.

krisblaze
No, I think it's pretty clear that Abhi's driving a very particular trend of idiotic debates. Rage only really debates the absolutely arbitrary minutiae of scans with Abhi. Abhi, however, will start that shit will anyone over anything.

How many hostile arguments is Rage currently engaged in at the moment? how many for Abhi?

One Big Mob

Philosophía
Originally posted by krisblaze
No, I think it's pretty clear that Abhi's driving a very particular trend of idiotic debates. Rage only really debates the absolutely arbitrary minutiae of scans with Abhi. Abhi, however, will start that shit will anyone over anything.

How many hostile arguments is Rage currently engaged in at the moment? how many for Abhi? Yes, abhi is more active on the forum than rage. But time /= quality. Rage literally has no idea of anything else other than Thor comics. At least abhi reads all of what he argues.

He's definitely more confrontational, but if you look at the forum - you see the reality warpers, the hulksters etc. all of which are rabid fanboy trolls. So there's one of him, and half a dozen of them. Don't be surprised when he's the one looking more aggressive.

TheHulkster
LOL! Philosophia is the biggest drooling fanboy troll on the web.

zopzop
Originally posted by abhilegend
Which of them succeed?
Thor
Silver Surfer
Mangog
Odin
Galactus (Devourer)
They all break it. Yes Bran, even Surfer if he's serious :
https://s13.postimg.org/5qypovjlv/4290228-4483490295-35432.jpg

One Big Mob
Originally posted by TheHulkster
LOL! Philosophia is the biggest drooling fanboy troll on the web. Phildo just likes Abhi because he's the only Superman fan that defends him... all the time. Not sure if he reads his arguments but him furthering Superman is enough to gain approval it seems. For example, if you felt the forum leaned one way, would you be against the only other person on your side?

At least that's how it appears.

Originally posted by zopzop
They all break it. Yes Bran, even Surfer if he's serious :
https://s13.postimg.org/5qypovjlv/4290228-4483490295-35432.jpg What does that scan have to do with anything? Unless you're arguing he just absorbs a bunch of power to do so, then that takes the purpose out of the thread. It'd be like arguing Spot can break the barrier because he has access to Reed's closet. He could, sure, but can he do it under his own power?

I can almost guarantee Abhi posts the remainder of that scene too. I would be impressed if he doesn't tbh. Would

TheHulkster

One Big Mob

xJLxKing
Doesn't that describe almost all fans on this site

i've seen every fan, Superman, Thor, Surfer, Sentry argue for pages to the point that it derails anything

I've learned to just post my opinion and move on. I really haven't seen members here change a fan's mind.

TheHulkster

One Big Mob
Those people don't actually help Abhi though. Abhi is the one debating, not PG. PG can barely form a sentence, let alone an argument.

And I'm not stating how I or you view the forum. I said "for example, if you felt", which is how Phildo feels when he defends abhi's aggression when he says things like it's abhi against an army of TheHulksters.

celeyhyga17
Phil..
Rocktelism. Subspace routes and big bang and all that.

Not sure why he feels the need to mention me whenever he can.

TheHulkster

DarkSaint85
Actually, Pr has always had it in for abhi.

One Big Mob

TheHulkster

carver9
@The Hulk...

Couldn't agree more.

TheHulkster

One Big Mob

TheHulkster

Philosophía
Phildo just likes Abhi because he's the only Superman fan that defends him... all the time. Not sure if he reads his arguments but him furthering Superman is enough to gain approval it seems. For example, if you felt the forum leaned one way, would you be against the only other person on your side?

At least that's how it appears. What can I say, I don't like seeing one guy get bullied by so many on the forum, especially when there's posters that are objectively shit, but they all eat shit from the same plate, so you they watch each other's asses .

I mean, I know you hate the guy from the last time he ran you off the forum, but have some chill. No ganging up.

Mindset

Philosophía
Originally posted by Mindset
https://i2.wp.com/swaggyimages.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Shawn-Michaels-Gif-Images.gif I'm positive that dude has sucked a few dicks in his life.

That's proper technique.

One Big Mob

Rage.Of.Olympus

abhilegend
How did this become about me?

mmm

Philosophía
Uh huh.

laughing out loud
I'd rather argue against you/Galan/Leo/Carver at the same time than argue against Abhi. It's no different than the one argument I had against RealityWarper, and slightly better than Quan who actually can piss me off. I don't know how he does it, but Quan gets under my skin in debates. It's those little remarks I think...
You have no issue seeing Quan/Carver get shit on all the time. Which brings me to my point. You like Abhi because he's on your side and argues for your boy. Which there's nothing wrong with that, but let's not pretend it's because he's always picked on when he's the one who sets the tone. Imagine everytime you make a Magneto post Abhi misinterprets it in your viewpoint, and will never admit he's wrong. That is the state of where the forum is at. Everyone feels like he's wrong (being fair, he might not be) and he will attack anyone who disagrees. It doesn't make for a good time. I'm sure you won't take a step back and think about this, but I'm sure if you ask anyone this is it in a nutshell.

You want to see someone get picked on, go look at Carver's post history where he doesn't even talk to anyone in particular and gets carved up. Do you have Quan on ignore? And if so, why?

Quanchi is an actual troll that doesn't bring anything to the discussion. He literally feeds on people talking to him and getting mad - which is why putting him on ignore was so effective. Carver doesn't know how to debate, and doesn't bring any information to the table. He can't string two thoughts together. As a matter of fact, I can't recall a single debate he has been part of, that can even be called that. He's the one-trick pony of low-balling, while quanchi is the one trick pony of trolling. Comparing them to abhi is.. random. And unsubstantiated.

Abhi is known for what, disagreeing with Marvel fans and being aggressive? Oh, gee. How revolting!

Sometimes he even misinterprets/exagerates scans! OH, the HORROR! NOBODY does that!

What now, he even has a FAVORITE character? This objective forum will NOT ACCEPT THAT!

You hate the guy. There's nothing wrong with that either, you butted heads quite a few times. But the fact that you find faults in him, while you can't find faults in, say, the half a dozen Marvel fanboys on this forum and then go "oy vey he is teh worst you can't see because you like Superman" is...stupid. All the while you being firmly on the Surfer/Thanos dildo train, where all of the 'good guys' are.

You'll never know if you're wrong in a discussion with him, either. You'll have everybody giving you blowjobs, because they all hate him. And then you'll get all high and mighty and say that he's the worst.

Philosophía
Originally posted by abhilegend
How did this become about me?

mmm Originally posted by Mindset
Gimme that Abhi dong.

https://i2.wp.com/swaggyimages.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Shawn-Michaels-Gif-Images.gif

abhilegend
Uh huh.

laughing out loud
I'd rather argue against you/Galan/Leo/Carver at the same time than argue against Abhi. It's no different than the one argument I had against RealityWarper, and slightly better than Quan who actually can piss me off. I don't know how he does it, but Quan gets under my skin in debates. It's those little remarks I think...
You have no issue seeing Quan/Carver get shit on all the time. Which brings me to my point. You like Abhi because he's on your side and argues for your boy. Which there's nothing wrong with that, but let's not pretend it's because he's always picked on when he's the one who sets the tone. Imagine everytime you make a Magneto post Abhi misinterprets it in your viewpoint, and will never admit he's wrong. That is the state of where the forum is at. Everyone feels like he's wrong (being fair, he might not be) and he will attack anyone who disagrees. It doesn't make for a good time. I'm sure you won't take a step back and think about this, but I'm sure if you ask anyone this is it in a nutshell.

You want to see someone get picked on, go look at Carver's post history where he doesn't even talk to anyone in particular and gets carved up. Do you have Quan on ignore? And if so, why?
laughing out loud

I just can't help but laugh on this. You know why I don't waver from my views? Because I tend to be right and you and your sycophantic squad tend to be wrong.

Just because I don't wilt under your MS Word skills to post essays and has beaten pretty much every marvel fanboy, it does not makes me the villain.

One Big Mob

Philosophía
laughing out loud

Look at you getting worked up over defending abhi. I guess we'll just agree to disagree. thumb up

I will say though that I find faults in everyone. It's just that the people you're speaking of don't post outside abhi debates, and I only really read those ones when I'm quoted or I catch something really dumb on a scroll. I probably wouldn't have came back for a couple weeks maybe if I didn't see Rage pumping up Juggernaut too much. But I digress. You and me see the guy very differently to say the least, that's cool.

Side note: is there even Surfer/Thanos fans anymore besides Celehey? thumb up

I wrote the screaming part as a joke, but it didn't come out that way. Needed more color. It's so late here, that it's impossible to get worked up due to tiredness.

You probably don't see people outside of abhi debates because abhi is in every debate!

Which bring me back to my point.

One Big Mob
I honestly haven't seen Celehey debate outside Abhi threads. Dambo I have only because of the Anime forum. This is probably the first time I've read a TheHulkster post. There's more I'm sure. I have no issue debating people I disagree with, just ask Gaylad about that. Whether I disagree with a lot of these other people, I'll never know. I've seen a lot of JBL posts though because he mingles around. Complete retard but I've read enough of his posts.

If Abhi pissed off for like 2 weeks we'd probably find out who's opinions on things I disagree with.

**** I hate the edit function of this forum

Damborgson
Meh, the forum isn't as lively as it used to be. Who else am I supposed to debate with?

TheHulkster

One Big Mob
Originally posted by Damborgson
Meh, the forum isn't as lively as it used to be. Who else am I supposed to debate with? There's enough people that will engage you if you find a flaw in their argument, or something. It's not hard.

I'm about to summon Mungi for example

Damborgson
Yeah, but no one I'm particularly swayed to engage with to be honest.

Abhi mostly, a little bit with Philo, every now and then with a raging Sentry fan...

Hulk used to be a big thing on here, then we lost PG, the Sorrow, and the rest of them.

One Big Mob
The radiation got to the Hulk fans. I thought PG would make it though. Weird to see him die unless he posted why?

Rage.Of.Olympus
laughing out loud

100% some hardcore Hulk fans are constantly microwaving their d*ck for some good ol' gamma radiation so that they don't have to as angry anymore.

Damborgson
The radiation got to the Hulk fans. I thought PG would make it though. Weird to see him die unless he posted why?

He didn't, which I didn't used to think anything of before until I started thinking of the very real possibility that active posters who spontaneously go ghost mode, could very well be dead thumb up

One Big Mob
Originally posted by Damborgson
He didn't, which I didn't used to think anything of before until I started thinking of the very real possibility that active posters who spontaneously go ghost mode, could very well be dead thumb up lol I just found his last series of posts. He was beyond pissed. Allow me to explain:

Psycho Gundam was a part of the popular race known as "African Americans", or Canadian, I think he was Canadian. Sin is also part of this popular race.
"40 acres" is a reference to 40 acres and a mule. A promise that was said to freed slaves.
Cool Kids Club is KKK
Psycho wasn't telling Dirtstain to log out, he was saying he was logging out because he's sick of his racist shit.

Now we look at the exchange

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Im wary of selling land passed on to me from forebearers. That land has meaning to my family. But i feel u Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Is it 40 acres? Originally posted by psycho gundam
Don't get too familiar Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Am I still not allowed in the cool kids club sad Originally posted by Sin I AM
Your cool mi hijo....pg was just reminding you youre not "that" cool. Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I'm British,and Asian.

That'll never be cool.

I need to be hip, like a Puerto Rican or something. Come up from the streets. Originally posted by psycho gundam
The ability to make a joke that would probably lead to you having to find your teeth if said around people in real life shouldn't create an identity crisis

Being "street" or whatever isn't a costume Originally posted by DarkSaint85
But it has. Now what? Originally posted by psycho gundam
http://i63.tinypic.com/4jvpu0.jpg

He might have killed himself tbh

Damborgson
Out of all the things said on here, that pushed him over the edge lol.

He ain't seen nuthin.

It makes sense though. Back during the April Fools joke, it began to die down, then PG kept shifting attention back to it.

One Big Mob
The underlying context here is that blacks and Asians? Not too keen of each other.
Asians hate black people and Psycho sensed he was in for an Asian frustration session, and it pushed him over the edge. He saw how Darksaint and Carver got along and he wasn't going to put up with it. Nobody Carves up Psycho... but possibly himself in a bathtub... ?

I remember PG really didn't like any racist shit. Couple that with it coming from a proud Asian? Enough to make any Gundam go Psycho.

Mindset
I thought we all just hated DarkTaint?

It's just a natural human repulsion, nothing personal.

DarkSaint85
Now now.

We don't hate black people. I for one have black friends thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.