Snokes possible backstory.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Merchant
A lot of info has been released about Snoke, so much so that one can piece together a backstory. This is what I had in mind.

First things first, he isn't a Sith. He was born 200 years before TLJ, most likely in the unknown regions an area of the galaxy not explored thanks to how dangerous hyperspace jumps are in there because of many space anomalies such as clusters of stars and black holes. He is most likely a member of an alien species from the UR, probably whatever species the Attendants are since he is their leader and are stated explicitly to be a species from the UR. When he was young, he was very handsome.

His species most likely know of the Force, since he mentions having masters who taught him never to fully trust visions of the future from the Force. He was a strong and cunning warrior, defeating legions of enemies in the past. However, as time went on his injuries began piling up along with the Dark side consuming him, turning him into what we see now. Some time later he suffered a major accident, which completed his grotesque visage, the event being something he blames The Resistance for and despises, implying his most recent injuries happened not too long before the current films.

His injuries include osteoporosis, a brittleness of the bone, making his spine akin to a corkscrew. Because of his injuries he is extremely hateful and resentful, which he takes out on his enemies and allies alike. He is also very insecure of himself which is why he uses holograms that are gigantic in nature despite being 7 feet tall. His injuries are so great that despite his power in the Force he needs his Praetorian Guards, who all together are more powerful than Kylo Ren, in case of violent confrontation unlike Palpatine whom merely had his guards to feign weakness. His injuries are so painful even his footwear are comfortable slippers since any physical act is taxing for him. He can't wield any weapons such as a Lightsaber so his dueling skills are most likely null.

Some time after eps 6, he and his attendants made contact with the Imperial Remnant which later became the First Order, helping them reach their secret bases built in the Unknown regions decades earlier for Palpatines contingency plan in case of his death; to make a stronger Empire. Snoke helped the Remnant via his Attendants extra dimensional thinking capablities, which allowed them to plot hyperspace trails thru the Unknown Regions allowing safe passage, as well as his own Knowledge in the Force that protected the Remnant from the "Dark Things" in the UR, secret knowledge that he possesses that Palpatine wanted. That knowledge and Attendants abilities might be one in the same.

The Unknown Regions is where the Force religions like the Jedi originated from in Disney canon, Which is why Palpatine wanted to go to the UR in the 1st place for possibly any lost knowledge. Palpatine was made aware of that fact since some time during the Original Trilogy, he sensed an extremely potent source of Dark side energy from the UR, so strong he even believed it was the very core of the DS itself. Yet no one else, not even Vader sensed this power. This might be Snoke himself trying to contact the Emperor, or simply the Dark side knowledge Snoke possesses and one has to be very powerful in the DS to sense it like Palpatine. After helping the First Order establish themselves, Snoke began to contemplate his plans by using the FO.

Through his cunning, he was able to take out the majority of potential rivals and those who mistrusted him. Some time after, he became the leader of the FO something that nobody expected him to become and was the furthest thing from being its leader, not even the remaining warlords aka Gallius Rex, Rae Sloane, and Brendol Hux expected this. Afterwards, they disappeared or were killed, such as Brendol Hux whom was killed by his son, the current Hux who Snoke merely keeps around as a good mouthpiece and face for the FO. Before the ST, he finally made his move to the known Galaxy and establishing themselves as a notable power in the Galaxy.

Around that time, he went to Darth Vaders castle and carved out a piece of stone from the castle itself and wears it as a ring, the ring itself having markings of teachings from the 4 sages of Dwartii, ancient Republic philosophers whom had controversial ideas. He also met Luke Skywalker and possibly Han and Leia since they speak of him as though they know of him. During this time, he met Ben Solo who was emotionally vulnerable thanks to the fact he was neglected by his parents. Snoke knew Ben was very powerful and turned him to the Dark side dubbing him as Kylo Ren, master of the Knights of Ren. This group might have something to do with Snokes past, maybe a warrior cult of sorts.

Although he is a master of the dark side, Snoke is interested in the Light, considering Kylo a perfect fulcrum for the two which most likely is why he also respects Darth Vader greatly. His thoughts on Palpatine are unknown. He loves arcane knowledge and similar to Luke has been finding old knowledge on the Force. He is also very wealthy and greedy, a lover of material wealth and comfort. He is most likely not appearing in Eps 9, indicating he is truly dead, betrayed by Kylo Ren.

Kurk
Nice food for thought

Zentrex
Good, but I have a few questions.

What makes you think he was born in the unknown regions?

Snoke to me seems very different from the attendants. You say he's of their species but the Attendants don't even talk.

I haven't read the noevlization still, but would you mind elaborating on what "extra dimensional thinking abilities" the attendants had?

Freedon Nadd
He is a Vagaari.

The Merchant
Ik that Zentrexs comments are old but Ill respond. I should have been clear that Snoke coming from the UR is just my opinion, but there's so much stuff that implies he is from the UR that I feel it's practically confirmed:

He is the leader of the Attendants, who are explicitly said to be from the UR.

He was with the Attendants when he met the Imperial Remnant that later became the First Order and he met the remnant when they arrived in the UR, so he wasn't anybody from that group.

The UR in Disney canon is where all Force religions originated from, and Snoke mentions how in his youth he had multiple masters who taught him the Force. He also defeated legions or enemies according to TLJ novelization, which also mentions Snoke using the First Order to destroy kingdoms that existed in the UR, indicating intimate knowledge of them.

Snoke being the same species as the attendants is just my opinion, but since he was their leader there has to be a connection between him and them. Ofc it could be many other things.

In the Visual Dictionary the Attendants are said to think in extra dimensional terms which is how they mapped ancient hyper space routes. Not much else is elaborated on what that means.

Btw something I felt I didn't add but was important is Snoke is stated to be an original character time and time again, so him being anybody established is bunk.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.