Space sims

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Like Descent: Freespace and Privateer.

They're awesome, but kind of hard to come by. Nobody makes them, and some of them can't really be had outside of piracy anymore (Good luck hunting down Freelancer.)

So, this is for talking about good space sims, in that vein. Preferably easily available and someone modern versions, such that exist.

At the moment, I'm enjoying Darkstar One, a pretty good Elite/Privateer type game.

And my mindless shooter itch is scratched by a little Indy game called Strike Suit Zero, which hit all the right notes with ginormous capital ships and space stations, ridiculous amounts of missiles and waves of enemies, and awesome beam weapons in capital ship to ship combat.

Nibedicus
Try Rebel Galaxy. Not as deep as the above games you mentioned but scratches the itch.

cdtm
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Try Rebel Galaxy. Not as deep as the above games you mentioned but scratches the itch.

If my modest onboard can support it. smile

I keep hearing the name X3 as a definitive series, but it sounds more like Civilization in space to me. Or an offline Eve Online.

Yeah, creating your own empire could be fun, but sometimes you just want to blow shite up.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.