By Feats: who is the best Superman rip-off?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
Hyperion ( current )
King Hyperion
Gladiator
Sentry ( without country )
Supreme
Apollo
Majestros
Mon-El
Captain Marvel ( Billy, and the oldest Supes rip off )
Martian Manhunter
Blue Marvel
Superior ( lesser known but a marvel character regardless )
Count Nefaria

I'm pretty sure I've left some off of the list so feel free to add anyone that you think that I have forgotten.

lawest9
Excuse me, typo..........I meant Billy and the oldest SUPES ( not Dupes ) ripoff

Damborgson
Its too late to correct anything. Dick is stuck in a toaster.

lawest9
Originally posted by Damborgson
Its too late to correct anything. Dick is stuck in a toaster. Yours maybe, not mind.

deathslash
The plutonian should be the greatest based off of how a portion of his essence became the idea of Superman.

$on OF krypton
captain marvel

RealityWarper
Sentry. Obviously.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by lawest9
Hyperion ( current )
King Hyperion
Gladiator
Supreme
Apollo
Majestros
Mon-El
Captain Marvel ( Billy, and the oldest Dupes rip off )
Martian Manhunter
Blue Marvel
Superior ( lesser known but a marvel character regardless )
Count Nefaria

I'm pretty sure I've left some off of the list so feel free to add anyone that you think that I have forgotten.

billy isnt a ripoff

riv6672
Originally posted by Sin I AM
billy isnt a ripoff
Billy isnt a ripoff.

cdtm
Thor.

ghostman
hyperion, no contest really.

"Id"
Originally posted by riv6672
Billy isnt a ripoff.

Billy is not a rip off.

TethAdamTheRock
Hyperion. Also you forgot Sun God.

RealityWarper
Originally posted by KidStranglehold
You of all people consider the Sentry similar to Superman? Anyways Hyperion is the definition of a Superman clone. Its him. Especially Hickman's Hyperion.

I don't see him as a Superman rip-off but the OP put him in the list.

Pillow Biter
How is he not a Superman rip-off?

Sin I AM
sentry is more a rip off of miracle man than clark

abhilegend
Miracle Man is a rip off of Superman (he literally replaced Captain Marvel once he stopped getting published).

It's like calling a xerox of a xerox something different.

StyleTime
Muh people. This is supposed to be the best rip-off by feats rather than by background.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by abhilegend
Miracle Man is a rip off of Superman (he literally replaced Captain Marvel once he stopped getting published).

It's like calling a xerox of a xerox something different.

hmmm...powerset maybe not character wise.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Sin I AM
hmmm...powerset maybe not character wise.
Most of the rip offs are not same in character to Superman either.

riv6672
Originally posted by abhilegend
Miracle Man is a rip off of Superman
Miracle Man is a ripoff of Captain Marvel/Billy, who is not a ripoff of Superman.

mace11
Blue marvel.

By the way he not a superman rip off.
None are.
They are inspired and i do consider them superman rip off.
Hyperion is the most similar to superman on the list however.

Note- If sentry/void then it would be him first,but that is not normal sentry,so if i count normal sentry then i put blue marvel first at the list.
Bye.

Enzeru
Originally posted by mace11

If sentry/void then it would be him first,but that is not normal sentry,so if i count normal sentry then i put blue marvel first at the list.
Bye.

https://i.imgur.com/pjUCbJn.jpg

Normal Sentry beats Blue Marvel into a pulp, if he feels like it.

Also on topic: The Plutonian wins, even though he isn't even on the list.

riv6672
^^^looks like the only thing Sentry beats is himself. Always suspected it.

lawest9
Icon can be added to this as well.

h1a8
How do you define BEST?

lawest9
Who's exactly like him in feats, character, similiar history and back ground, etc.

riv6672
And we mean EXACTLY.
To the point that the character is actually Superman.

panthergod
Lol at Superman haters pretending that Cap isn't a legally proven ripoff.

gauntlet o doom
By best feats, do you mean:
1. the person who has closely duplicated Superman's feats or;
2. the person who has the greatest feats?

lawest9
Both.

Facee
Hyperion. Close this thread.

lawest9
let me reiterate hear that is everything pertaining to Superman which includes..........looks costume, powers, origins, background, personality, etc.

riv6672

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by lawest9

confused

riv6672
^^^i wouldnt claim his craptastic drugged out hippy ass either.

panthergod
...Superman is a wish fufillment character. always has been.

Superman is a adolescent wish fufillment with sexual tension (ie ,Lois, based on Siegel's crush) where Cap was targetted more toward pre adolescent children.

Captain Marvel is a fantasy version of Sueprman with a twist -- he's a kid instead of a nerd. Nothing more.

Stan Lee admits he's Silver Age Marvel's Superman.

Nope.

Bwahaha... Apollo - a sun god character whos a flying brick in a blatant Worl'd Finest parody isnt a Superman ripoff ..lmao! And Midnighter isn't a Batman ripoff eh ? laughing out loud

Blue MArvel is a blatant Earth 2 Superman analogue.

Supreme is so blatantly a Superman ripoff that it's laughable. He was called that in his first issue!

Anything to deny Superman's influence when it comes to people who hate the character.

panthergod
http://www.fortress.net.nu/superman.php

Jerry Siegel:
" Clark Kent grew not only out of my private life, but also out of Joe Shuster's. As a high school student, I thought that someday I might become a reporter, and I had crushes on several attractive girls who either didn't know I existed or didn't care I existed. So it occured to me: What if I was really terrific? What if I had something special going for me, like jumping over buildings or throwing cars around or something like that?

One night, when all the thoughts were coming to me, the concept came to me that Superman could have a dual identity, and that in one of his identities he could be meek and mild, as I was, and wear glasses, the way I do. The heroine, who I figured would be some kind of girl reporter, would think he was some kind of worm; yet she would be crazy about this Superman character who could do all sorts of fabulous things. In fact, she was real wild about him, and a big inside joke was that the fellow she was crazy about was also the fellow whom she loathed. "

dmills
Damn. Some are so close that its almost a distinction without a difference. Hard to pick one but I'll probably go toss up between Hickman's Hyperion and Blue Marvel. Could be a case of recency bias creeping in tho...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.