Vader's midichlorian count vs. Sidious's

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mendax
I'm talking about Vader after the events of ROTS.

Between him and Sidious, who had the greater midichlorian count?

Freedon Nadd
Why does it matter?
And we don't know Palpatine's count.

One Big Mob
Sheev's count was I believe 69420 as said in The Star Wars Essential Guide.

It could be assumed Vader went down more than a half as his balls had the capabilities to implant vast midichlorian counts, in addition to half his body. Probably a quarter of his max.

Kurk
The source I have has Sheev at 20,500 and Anakin at 27,700.

Vader loses both legs below the knee, an entire arm, and the forearm Dooku took off.

Going off of the weight distribution of the average human body:

lower leg = 4.65% (x2)
foot = 1.45% (x2)
upper arm = 2.7%
forearm = 1.60%(x2)
hand = 0.66%(x2)

Just accounting for the limb loss that's only 19.42% of body mass lost. At that point Vader was 80% of his former self, but not of Palpatine.

It would also make sense to account for the midichlorians lost after Vader's skin turned to char. The human skin accounts for appx 16% of a human's mass, but that number refers to entire body.

We have to use the rule of nines to assess how much skin of Vader's torso and stumps was lost.

68.5% of his remaining body's surface area was left to be burned, so:

16 x 0.685 ≈ 11% mass lost.

Add 11% to mass of limbs lost to get 69% total mass left of Vader.

Multiply Anakin's original midichlorian potential by this percentage to get

We know Sheev's is 20500

(19113 / 20500 ) x 100 ≈ 0.93%

So Vader is closer to 90% of Palpatine by my crude calculations. If you account for the lung-tissue scarring/damage from inhaling the volcanic fumes, the extremely deep 4th degree burns from his level of exposure that would account for more tissue loss than the rule of nines, as well as any remaining tissue and organs removed/replaced during his operation, Vader probably does end up being 80% of Palpatine.

The Merchant
Well Anakins count is over 20,000. Lucas said if Anakin fully realized his potential he'd be 2x stronger than Palpatine. Since MCs=potential, this means Palps MCs count is "over 10,000" Vader is 80% of Palps power, so he is "over 8,000" For MC counts in Legends, a count of 15000 was exceedingly high according to Tenebrous, one of 5000 was mild force sensitivity, 2500 or less no sensitivity or maybe extremely minor and 2000 none.

ILS
Originally posted by Kurk
The source I have has Sheev at 20,500 and Anakin at 27,700.

Vader loses both legs below the knee, an entire arm, and the forearm Dooku took off.

Going off of the weight distribution of the average human body:

lower leg = 4.65% (x2)
foot = 1.45% (x2)
upper arm = 2.7%
forearm = 1.60%(x2)
hand = 0.66%(x2)

Just accounting for the limb loss that's only 19.42% of body mass lost. At that point Vader was 80% of his former self, but not of Palpatine.

It would also make sense to account for the midichlorians lost after Vader's skin turned to char. The human skin accounts for appx 16% of a human's mass, but that number refers to entire body.

We have to use the rule of nines to assess how much skin of Vader's torso and stumps was lost.

68.5% of his remaining body's surface area was left to be burned, so:

16 x 0.685 ≈ 11% mass lost.

Add 11% to mass of limbs lost to get 69% total mass left of Vader.

Multiply Anakin's original midichlorian potential by this percentage to get

We know Sheev's is 20500

(19113 / 20500 ) x 100 ≈ 0.93%

So Vader is closer to 90% of Palpatine by my crude calculations. If you account for the lung-tissue scarring/damage from inhaling the volcanic fumes, the extremely deep 4th degree burns from his level of exposure that would account for more tissue loss than the rule of nines, as well as any remaining tissue and organs removed/replaced during his operation, Vader probably does end up being 80% of Palpatine. Not sure if brilliant or totally autistic, requires more cartoon girls

Galan007
Originally posted by Mendax
I'm talking about Vader after the events of ROTS.

Between him and Sidious, who had the greater midichlorian count? Vader.

http://i.imgur.com/1MT8oYUl.jpg

One Big Mob
Originally posted by ILS
Not sure if brilliant or totally autistic, requires more cartoon girls Quick search

https://scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/103694/how-much-of-a-man-was-darth-vader?utm_medium=organic&utm_source=google_rich_qa&utm_campaign=google_rich_qa

I'm sure he found another estimate that included everything. If Kurk actually did that math on his own he would have been estimating Raven's weight and height ages ago and adding it to his fantasies.

"Oh Raven, my sweet 5'1 97 pound Raven. Sweep me off my feet and let me in your dimensional gap."

Kurk
Originally posted by One Big Mob
Quick search

https://scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/103694/how-much-of-a-man-was-darth-vader?utm_medium=organic&utm_source=google_rich_qa&utm_campaign=google_rich_qa

I'm sure he found another estimate that included everything. If Kurk actually did that math on his own he would have been estimating Raven's weight and height ages ago and adding it to his fantasies.

"Oh Raven, my sweet 5'1 97 pound Raven. Sweep me off my feet and let me in your dimensional gap." I've become jaded to Raven. It took 3 fan fics of her last time for me to squeeze one out, and the charm of her personality has been lost due to MythLord's sharing of her other incarnations.

On to the next ***** I guess.

The Merchant
Oh so Vader still.kept all his MC count cool.

Kurk
So does legends go off of total midichlorian in the body; Meaning total mass while the canon only cares about the concentration of MC per cell, regardless of loss of limbs, as an indicator of power?

Rebel95
Originally posted by Galan007
Vader.

http://i.imgur.com/1MT8oYUl.jpg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzfkxAC-Bw8

Rebel95
Where is that from?

JMANGO
My personal view is that Vader has a greater midichlorian count per cell, but the loss of limbs and inclusion of metal appendages prevents the force from optimally moving through his body making it harder for him to manifest his full potential

Freedon Nadd
And this is when SW got retarded.

Zentrex
Wow, you guys are taking this way too far.

I agree with JMango in the sense that I don't think his loss of limbs was a literal loss of midi-chlorians. That would mean someone shorter, or of a certain species, like yoda, would naturally have less midi-chlorians. So it defenitely seems like he still has 27,000 midi-chlorians per cell, or at least above 20,000. The only thing is that his loss of biomass makes him less human, and thus less of a "life form". It doesn't make any scientific sense, but neither does the entire conept of the Force.

And midi-chlorians count =/= force potential, by the way, though it is the biggest factor.

So yeah, Palpatine had a higher force potential, but Vader had more midi-chlorians per cell. By FAR.

Galan007
Originally posted by Rebel95
Where is that from? Rebels Visual Guide: Epic Battles

Freedon Nadd
They shud just shat aap.

JMANGO
Agreed. It's sets a dangerous precedent if the loss of biomass = less midiclorians = less Force power. K'kruhk would only need a midi chlorian count of 1500 to be well in excess of Yoda's potential.

Mendax
Originally posted by Galan007
Vader.

http://i.imgur.com/1MT8oYUl.jpg Originally posted by Zentrex
Wow, you guys are taking this way too far.

I agree with JMango in the sense that I don't think his loss of limbs was a literal loss of midi-chlorians. That would mean someone shorter, or of a certain species, like yoda, would naturally have less midi-chlorians. So it defenitely seems like he still has 27,000 midi-chlorians per cell, or at least above 20,000. The only thing is that his loss of biomass makes him less human, and thus less of a "life form". It doesn't make any scientific sense, but neither does the entire conept of the Force.

And midi-chlorians count =/= force potential, by the way, though it is the biggest factor.

So yeah, Palpatine had a higher force potential, but Vader had more midi-chlorians per cell. By FAR. thx guys-

just wasn't sure if getting all of his limbs lopped off and cut in half would have reduced his midi count.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.