Over-Monitor vs Thanos with IG

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SithLantern93
Monitor is at his peak, so is Thanos. No PIS and CIS.

xJLxKing

Putinbot1
Yeah, but how does that affect someone who is able to rewrite reality in his Universe?

Galan007
The IG could just transform all positive matter into anti-matter, for the easy win.

TethAdamTheRock
Most people seem to think COIE Anti-Monitor is = to the IG, and Overmonitor is supposed to be above that. He wins.

Galan007
Overmonitor was equal to BASE AM... That is to say, AM BEFORE he started destroying/absorbing positive matter universes -- back when he was 'just' powered by the anti-matter universe.

That said, 'peak' COIE AM is about 2x more powerful than a 'peak' Overmonitor. At his peak, AM was powered by the anti-matter universe AND a nigh-infinite amount of positive matter universes.

Philosophía
Originally posted by Galan007
The IG could just transform all positive matter into anti-matter, for the easy win. Wouldn't the IG have to transmutate the entire Multiverse into anti-matter in order for that to be effective?

Galan007
Yes indeed.

I was only talking about a forum battle, which is set on a neutral field.

Philosophía
Yes indeed.

I was only talking about a forum battle, which is set on a neutral field. thumb up

$on OF krypton
lets just say the first to erase eachother out of reality wins

operator616
The monitor even at his weakest (when there were only a handful of positive matter universes left) created a netherverse which had the capacity to contain entire universes. He also put two universes inside of it and harbinger (who was powered by the monitor) added 3 later on.

So it's not like the monitor doesn't have reality warping abilities of his own to resist the IG. His scope is even greater so i would go with monitor if i had to pick one of the two.

Edit: Going by current version of IG, the monitor could mimic his universe moving technique to attack thanos who would be left helpless (Hickman's avengers explicitly showed that IG breaks upon attempting to push away a universe).

xJLxKing

Galan007
Originally posted by operator616
The monitor even at his weakest (when there were only a handful of positive matter universes left) created a netherverse which had the capacity to contain entire universes. He also put two universes inside of it and harbinger (who was powered by the monitor) added 3 later on.

So it's not like the monitor doesn't have reality warping abilities of his own to resist the IG. His scope is even greater so i would go with monitor if i had to pick one of the two.

Edit: Going by current version of IG, the monitor could mimic his universe moving technique to attack thanos who would be left helpless (Hickman's avengers explicitly showed that IG breaks upon attempting to push away a universe). What feats does Monitor have that suggest he can resist the IG's influence, though? Certainly the creation of his Netherverse isn't automatically indicative of such.

And OP specified 'peak' versions.

operator616
What feats does Monitor have that suggest he can resist the IG's influence, though? Certainly the creation of his Netherverse isn't automatically indicative of such.

And OP specified 'peak' versions.

If we're using peak versions then it would invalidate your neutral setting statement. Because by putting them in a neutral setting i assume you're putting them both in a single positive matter universe, yes? That means you're compensating for Thanos' lack of scope while at the same time depowering the Monitor from a multiverse powered individual to single universe powered.

If we're truly using peak versions then the setting should be within an infinite multiverse where the monitor is fully powered and can use the multiversal setting to his liking, in which case Thanos' lack of scope will be his downfall.

And like i said, the monitor even when he was severely weakened manipulated 2 entire universes, moving them into a netherverse of his own creation. That to me suggests massive reality warping abilities. Not to mention stalemating AM for eons.

Diesldude

Galan007
And like i said, the monitor even when he was severely weakened manipulated 2 entire universes, moving them into a netherverse of his own creation. That to me suggests massive reality warping abilities. Not to mention stalemating AM for eons. You dodged my question entirely. What FEATS does Monitor have that suggest he can resist the IG's influence, like you previously stated? Manipulating 2 universes in a weakened state certainly does NOT suggest this.

...And Magus demonstrated multi-universal influence with an incomplete IG(no reality gem), so yeah...

abhilegend
IG broke down when repelling just one universe.

thumb up

Galan007
And that means what, exactly? Is Monitor going to start hurling universes at Thanos here, lol?

What's stopping the IG from dumping them both to a point in time where no matter(of any type) exists? Monitor would be powerless; the IG wouldn't.

I am usually never one to argue FOR the IG initially, but frankly, it has WAY too many options at its disposal... The likes of which I have never seen Monitor display/counter. /shrug

One Big Mob
What if the IG just punches the Monitor in the face?

abhilegend
And that means what, exactly? Is Monitor going to start hurling universes at Thanos here, lol?

What's stopping the IG from dumping them both to a point in time where no matter(of any type) exists? Monitor would be powerless; the IG wouldn't.

I am usually never one to argue FOR the IG initially, but frankly, it has WAY too many options at its disposal... The likes of which I have never seen Monitor display/counter. /shrug
Certainly a possibility that Monitor just chucks a universe at Thanos.

After all, he moved several at once. Originally posted by One Big Mob
What if the IG just punches the Monitor in the face?
What if Monitor just transports Thanos to NYPD?

Galan007
Originally posted by abhilegend
Certainly a possibility that Monitor just chucks a universe at Thanos.

After all, he moved several at once. So Monitor moving two universes into a Netherverse order to SAVE them means he's all of the sudden going to start chucking entire universes at an opponent in battle?

C'mon, abhi... He didn't do that to AM, and their battle lasted a million years. srsly

DarkSaint85
So would you say.....never in a million years?

Galan007
https://i.imgur.com/qYsj9Q9.gif

operator616
You dodged my question entirely. What FEATS does Monitor have that suggest he can resist the IG's influence, like you previously stated? Manipulating 2 universes in a weakened state certainly does NOT suggest this.

...And Magus demonstrated multi-universal influence with an incomplete IG(no reality gem), so yeah...

I didn't dodge your question, i answered it in the very excerpt you quoted. Moving several universes and creating a netherverse to store them (while being severely weakened) seems perfectly reasonable to justify him resisting the IG. But it seems you don't share that opinion so i guess we're better off agreeing to disagree before it gets circular.

But that aside, you didn't address the neutral setting statement. I pointed out that by putting them in a neutral setting (a single universe) you are depowering the monitor. Remeber that the monitor's "peak" is when he is powered by an infinite positive matter multiverse. So how can Thanos defeat him? Certainly "transmuting it into anti-matter" is no longer in his capability in this case.

abhilegend
So Monitor moving two universes into a Netherverse order to SAVE them means he's all of the sudden going to start chucking entire universes at an opponent in battle?

C'mon, abhi... He didn't do that to AM, and their battle lasted a million years. srsly
Because Anti Monitor was as powerful as he and wouldn't make a difference.

But I like how IG can do things it never did but Monitor can't do something he already did.

Galan007
But that aside, you didn't address the neutral setting statement. I pointed out that by putting them in a neutral setting (a single universe) you are depowering the monitor. Remeber that the monitor's "peak" is when he is powered by an infinite positive matter multiverse. So how can Thanos defeat him? Certainly "transmuting it into anti-matter" is no longer in his capability in this case. Monitor's scope here is nigh-irrelevant due to the sheer depth of power the IG possesses within a given universe, imo.

As I mentioned earlier, what's stopping Thanos from transporting them both to a point in time where NO matter exists? What's stopping him from 'disconnecting' Monitor from his supply of positive matter? etc.

I say again, the IG has displayed vastly more 'cosmic versatility' than I have ever seen from Monitor. The Netherverse feat is his best showing BY FAR, but I fail to see how that helps him at all here..?

Putinbot1
Monitor's scope here is nigh-irrelevant due to the sheer depth of power the IG possesses within a given universe, imo.

Exactly right!

Galan007
Originally posted by abhilegend
but Monitor can't do something he already did. When did Monitor throw a universe at somebody during a battle?

operator616
Monitor's scope here is nigh-irrelevant due to the sheer depth of power the IG possesses within a given universe, imo.

As I mentioned earlier, what's stopping Thanos from transporting them both to a point in time where NO matter exists? What's stopping him from 'disconnecting' Monitor from his supply of positive matter? etc.

I say again, the IG has displayed vastly more 'cosmic versatility' than I have ever seen from Monitor. The Netherverse feat is his best showing BY FAR, but I fail to see how that helps him at all here..?

Again, this hinges on our precise point of disagreement. Simply put, i believe that Monitor's netherverse/universe moving feats justify him having similar reality warping powers like the IG. So it's not like the monitor is going to be a sitting duck at the mercy of IG's powers.

The netherverse feat is not a destructive capability but it does put his power in perspective. For example, we know that TOAA's one feat is creating the MU and being the supreme power in marvel, so naturally we assume he would have reality warping abilities. Similar thing applies to the monitor: He can move universes, he created a netherverse, he battled AM, he is powered by infinite universes. And yet, you think a simple trick like time manipulation would work on him? Not imo, but you're free to disagree.

Galan007
I cannot help but disagree simply because I have never seen Monitor use ANY esoteric abilities that are indicative of him being able to resist(let alone beat) the IG.

And you say "simple trick like time manipulation" as if traveling to the dawn of time(ie. before any matter existed) was some meager ability that Monitor could easily duplicate/counter... But given that it took the bulk of AM's power to travel to the dawn of time(AFTER he'd added the power of nearly ALL positive-matter universes to his own, mind you), I have my doubts that Monitor could just 'shrug off' the IG's time manipulation... But whatevs... /shrug

Anywho, if you'd like to disagree based on what you personally think Monitor should be capable of via your own method of power-scaling, you're more than welcome to do so. But yeah, I completely disagree.

operator616

And you say "simple trick like time manipulation" as if traveling to the dawn of time(ie. before any matter existed) was some meager ability that Monitor could easily duplicate/counter... But given that it took the bulk of AM's power to travel to the dawn of time(AFTER he'd added the power of nearly ALL positive-matter universes to his own, mind you), I have my doubts that Monitor could just 'shrug off' the IG's time manipulation... But whatevs... /shrug

To address this part, here is my response from another thread where a similar point was brought up:

You're comparing two different time eras. In Parallax's time changing the timeline wasn't such a big deal, in COIE it was explicitly stated that changing the past is impossible. And the pre-Crisis continuity had been actually strict about this (three examples from three different pre-Crisis runs: Superman #372, Superboy #164, Legion #259). Also the time travel issues where addressed in Cosmic Boy's mini and in the booster gold series right after COIE iirc. There are only a handful examples were that rule was broken. Unlike post-Crisis.

Pre-crisis had a stricter policy (at least in the bronze age) regarding time travel than other eras. And certainly stricter than marvel's, at the time.

But if you are so adamant on the time tactic then let's just go ahead and say that immortus (who lives at the end of time) could defeat the monitor. Or better yet, classic thor too. After all, mjolnir was specifically stated to be able to go to the beginning and end of time, so how about we grant thor a win over the monitor?

Galan007
If those characters were able to transport Monitor to the void of nothingness that existed before the dawn of time, then YES... He WOULD be effectively powerless there, because NO matter of any type existed.

...But are those particular characters powerful enough to act against Monitor's will/power in the first place? Probably not. Is the IG, however? Most definitely.

That's the difference.

abhilegend
When did Monitor throw a universe at somebody during a battle?
When did Thanos turned everything in multiverse to anti matter?

operator616
If those characters were able to transport Monitor to the void of nothingness that existed before the dawn of time, then YES... He WOULD be effectively powerless there, because NO matter of any type existed.

...But are those particular characters powerful enough to act against Monitor's will/power in the first place? Probably not. Is the IG, however? Most definitely.

That's the difference.

Aaaand we've come full circle because acting against monitor's will was our initial point of disagreement. I think a "peak" monitor, powered by infinite universes, definitely will be able to resist it. To each his own though.

Galan007
You may think so, but given Monitor's lack of feats, there is really no premise whatsoever for your conclusion.

The IG, however, actually has an abundance of feats to back-up the touted supremacy it gleans... Even in an incomplete state.

...Hence why I can't agree with you here... And I HATE arguing for the IG. ermm

abhilegend
Like Bran hates arguing for Galactus you mean?

Galan007
No, abhi... Not like that at all. That'd be like saying that you hate arguing for Superman, lol.

I have argued against the IG FAR more than I've argued for it in past debates(ask Mr.M, lol.) That said, I will still give it credit where credit is due. smile

Mr Master
I have argued against the IG FAR more than I've argued for it in past debates(ask Mr.M, lol.) That said, I will still give it credit where credit is due. thumb up ... and laughing out loud at people limiting the Thanos/IG to one universe when incomplete IG/Magus existed simultaneously across universeS, and merged TWO entire universeS from over 100 universeS away, and in Kavannah's Moonknight tie-ins to the IG saga the ENTIRE Multiverse exploded when merged Eternity/Infinity battled incomplete IG/Magus, then Warlock, with a thought, remade everything back to normal when he took the incomplete IG. Thanos/IG, from 616, destroyed a planet located inside the Beyond Realm which is located outside the Multiverse/Omniverse. cool

abhilegend
It also exploded just moving one universe. Even Spectre has done that without any issue.

"Id"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.