Jedi Master Palpatine?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kurk
What if the jedi found a young Sheev and trained him? How would this work out?

https://i.imgur.com/2JrVEYY.jpg

MythLord
I mean, he was dark even as a baby. He'd turn eventually, or he'd become Grandmaster when Yoda eventually died of old age then subtly lead the Jedi order to the Dark Side.

LordOfTheLight
Yeah, they clearly intended on making Palpatine as completely irredeemable, the ultimate embodiment of the Dark Side in the his characterization, spanning whatever material he has been in.

Clearly they succeeded, because to anyone well versed in him, the notion of a Jedi Sidious is ridicule worthy.

Kurk
In the Plagueis novel, Palpatine threw out the idea of joining the jedi before deciding to join Hego.

Galan007
Originally posted by LordOfTheLight
Yeah, they clearly intended on making Palpatine as completely irredeemable, the ultimate embodiment of the Dark Side in the his characterization, spanning whatever material he has been in.

Clearly they succeeded, because to anyone well versed in him, the notion of a Jedi Sidious is ridicule worthy. Indeed.

Palpatine was essentially the antithesis to Yoda... Where Yoda was completely incorruptible, Palpatine was completely irredeemable. He would have eventually turned to the dark side, regardless of how he was raised.

Freedon Nadd

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by Galan007
Indeed.

Palpatine was essentially the antithesis to Yoda... Where Yoda was completely incorruptible, Palpatine was completely irredeemable. He would have eventually turned to the dark side, regardless of how he was raised.

I thought Jar Jar was Yoda's antithesis.

relentless1
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
I thought Jar Jar was Yoda's antithesis.

no no no; Jar jar is the key to all this...

Galan007
Jar Jar is the antithesis of Star Wars itself... The Shatterpoint of the entire damn franchise.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by relentless1
no no no; Jar jar is the key to all this...

"Jar Jar is the Sith Lord!"

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQan0k_IvLhq1Y3VfgiMpb386FxYIbW3l-9u_an807SEOtGDw7XYg

Freedon Nadd
Jar Jar is the antithesis of Star Wars itself... The Shatterpoint of the entire damn franchise.

What about the droid attack on the Wookiees?

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by Kurk
In the Plagueis novel, Palpatine threw out the idea of joining the jedi before deciding to join Hego.

So he could become the High Council, obviously.

Zentrex
come on guys, Jar Jar isn't that bad. I'm not defending the atrocities, but I'm just saying that there are worse things out there. Even within the star wars lore.

Also, the Jedi would never accept Palpatine. They'd be confused as to what to do with pure evil, but they'd figure something out which prohibits him from having any influence anywhere in the galaxy.

Freedon Nadd

Haschwalth
Imagine a Sith order in place of the Jedi order, and having alone thousand year lineage of Jedi. slowly rising in power, to over throw the Sith order.

**** thinking about it now. Sidious is legendary as ****.

Rockydonovang
Indeed.

Depends on age. As we see him in the novel, yeah, but go back to the start of his forumlative years and change things, you get a different character.

Rockydonovang
TFA is the antithesis of Star Wars itself... The Shatterpoint of the entire damn franchise.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by Haschwalth
Imagine a Sith order in place of the Jedi order, and having alone thousand year lineage of Jedi. slowly rising in power, to over throw the Sith order.

**** thinking about it now. Sidious is legendary as ****.
Spoilers: Ligth Vader would still kill him.

Kurk
So even at birth Palpatine has some neurological imbalance causing him to be a guaranteed psychopath.

He has the qualities of one:

- takes part in high-risk activities (pod racing)
- no remorse (brutally murders family without regret)
- has unrealistic expectations (wanted to be supreme ruler at age 19)
- unwilling to accept responsibility for actions (constantly blamed his father for everything that happened to him)

Freedon Nadd
So basically he'd be Anakin? I don't like this story, then.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.