What if Thrawn and Dooku met?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kurk
What if Thrawn was around during the TCW and joined the CIS Navy? Would Dooku come to like Thrawn as an equal mind?

Galan007
Oh absolutely. Frankly, I think a meeting between Dooku and Thrawn(ideally written by Zahn, Stover, or Luceno) could produce some of the single most intellectual dialogue in the mythos.

The only potential problem is that Thrawn would almost certainly find out about Dooku's relationship with Sidious... And once he deduced that Dooku was little more than a puppet(and perhaps that the Clone Wars itself was essentially just a red herring to hide larger machinations), Thrawn might opt to rethink his path as it were, and rejoin his people...

mmm

Freedon Nadd
What's the deal with Thrawn recently?

Mendax
So who would be more valuable to Dooku- Thrawn or Grievous?

juggernaut74
I think these two would be two peas in a pod. Two of the most arrogant characters in Star Wars, and two of the coolest.

Kurk
Originally posted by Mendax
So who would be more valuable to Dooku- Thrawn or Grievous? It's obvious Dooku never had a very high opinion of Grievous in both Legends and Canon. He probably valued him as a tool, or in his words "a means to an end" but that's about it. Dooku had the same attitude towards Grievous as Sidious did to Dooku.

Let's see:
Dooku mastered the art of lightsaber after years of intense discipline and training. I'm sure he didn't exactly consider Grievous a true duelist after outfitting him with a bunch of fancy cybernetics and a crash course in saber fighting so he could wave around his arms without any finesse.

Also, I can't find it myself, but it's said in both Labyrinth of Evil and Stover's Revenge of the Sith that Dooku loathed Grievous.

The hate isn't quite as intense in canon, but we know that in TCW Dooku was disappointed with Grievous's shoddy performance against the jedi and tested him by letting Fisto into his lair.

In legends, Dooku is a bit of a specist, so idk how that might play into his relationship with Thrawn. TBF though, Palpatine was also one, but I don't think he really let it become a factor with those as talented as Thrawn.

What if Thrawn met Spock?

Tzeentch
I think Thrawn and Dooku would have a far more interesting dynamic as adversaries then as allies. As allies they would essentially just be sitting around sipping tea and jerking each other off intellectually. But as enemies, you could have a Most Dangerous Game scenario, with them hunting one another while simultaneously having philosophical verbal judo.

Darth Abonis
Dooku would be jealous of Thrawn

Freedon Nadd
What if Thrawn never existed?

Galan007
Originally posted by Kurk
The hate isn't quite as intense in canon, but we know that in TCW Dooku was disappointed with Grievous's shoddy performance against the jedi and tested him by letting Fisto into his lair. From a canon POV, Grievous seemed to detest Dooku far more than Dooku detested him.

Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
What if Thrawn never existed? Then Palpatine would've never had help mapping Hyperspace routes into the Unknown Regions. This means the Empire would've had nowhere to run/hide following the events of Aftermath, and would have been completely wiped out by the Rebellion/New Republic. This subsequently means the First Order itself wouldn't have had any Imperial foundations/remnants from which to rise in the Unknown Regions.

...Yes, Thrawn was that important to the Empire's survival and First Order's rise. smile

Freedon Nadd
So, Palpatine is the Senate and Thrawn is the Empire. I see that now.

Mendax
Originally posted by Galan007
Aftermath, and would have been completely wiped out by the Rebellion/New Republic. This subsequently means the First Order itself wouldn't have had any Imperial foundations/remnants from which to rise in the Unknown Regions. I thought Snoke saved the Empire?

Galan007
Originally posted by Mendax
I thought Snoke saved the Empire? Snoke saved the Imperial remnants once they were already in the Unknown Regions.

It was Thrawn's knowledge, however, that gave the Empire a proverbial escape route into the Unknown Regions in the first place:

Without that knowledge, the Empire would have either been: a.) swiftly destroyed if they had blindly fled into the Unknown Regions and tried to navigate through it unaided, or b.) swiftly destroyed by the Rebellion/New Republic if they had stayed within galactic borders. In both scenarios, the First Order(if it formed at all) wouldn't have had any Imperial foundations from which to rise.

So as mentioned: Thrawn was ultimately detrimental to the Empire's survival and First Order's rise.

Freedon Nadd
I hate to say it. But the Disney's SW writing is better than the EU's.

Mendax
Originally posted by Galan007
Snoke saved the Imperial remnants once they were already in the Unknown Regions.

It was Thrawn's knowledge, however, that gave the Empire a proverbial escape route into the Unknown Regions in the first place:

Without that knowledge, the Empire would have either been: a.) swiftly destroyed if they had blindly fled into the Unknown Regions and tried to navigate through it unaided, or b.) swiftly destroyed by the Rebellion/New Republic if they had stayed within galactic borders. In both scenarios, the First Order(if it formed at all) wouldn't have had any Imperial foundations from which to rise.

So as mentioned: Thrawn was ultimately detrimental to the Empire's survival and First Order's rise. Oh wow. didnt realize Thrawn was so important.

So is it fair to say those "computers" mentioned in that text held all of Thrawns knowledge about the UR?Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
I hate to say it. But the Disney's SW writing is better than the EU's. Me too. By far. thumb up thumb up

Zentrex
Disney's writing is more consistent, but I think it's far more bland than the EU. And it relies so much on safer ideas, most of which WERE in the EU. I think it's cheap. We had an opportunity for something new.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.