Superman Is 80!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

James T. Kirk
Action Comics #1 went on sale 80 years ago today, introducing the world to the Man of Steel!

-Pr-
Hopefully everyone that wanted one, will be able to get their copy of Action 1000.

SquallX
Originally posted by -Pr-
Hopefully everyone that wanted one, will be able to get their copy of Action 1000.

Got myself 3 copies just for the hell of it.

bluewaterrider
I'd love to see what a clear-minded centenarian versus the average clear-minded 90 year old would think of all this. One would have grown up before Superhero Comics were a thing; the other would have been in the first generation raised into the genre.

-Pr-
Originally posted by SquallX
Got myself 3 copies just for the hell of it.

I only managed to get one due to comic shops here doing a midnight opening. I can't recall that ever happening before, so it caught me off-guard.

Originally posted by bluewaterrider
I'd love to see what a clear-minded centenarian versus the average clear-minded 90 year old would think of all this. One would have grown up before Superhero Comics were a thing; the other would have been in the first generation raised into the genre.

I wonder if they'll someday ask similar things about people who saw the internet take off.

Putinbot1
Last time anyone did a midnight opening was forbidden planet for Death of Superman almost 30 years ago.

-Pr-
Back then the one here in Dublin was a tiny ****ing place. Now it's all Funko pops and statues.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by -Pr-
Back then the one here in Dublin was a tiny ****ing place. Now it's all Funko pops and statues. Haha, yes they have all changed, Forbidden Planet and Virgin (yes it had a comics section then opened at midnight for the death of Superman at midnight). It's scary how long ago that was. I'd forgotten Virgin did but I mentioned it to a friend who reminded me.

Single-Cell
Wow

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.