Halloween (2018)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules_2

Flyattractor
Will add this one to My Already Big Pile of...

http://bufbootcamp.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/dontfup1-1024x432.jpg

BruceSkywalker
likely will pass unless the trailer is awesome

samhain
It must take place after part 2 also, it takes place on the same night, picking up immediately after the first movie finishes.

steverules_2

TheOneFirestorm
The 1st Halloween is a great movie which is why I want this to be a great sequel.

If it is it can be added to Aliens, Terminator 2 Judgement Day, John Wick Chapter 2, etc.

way77
Cool. I can't wait until it comes out.

Kazenji
Waiting for the trailer to drop for this movie

there's have been some teaser's that have been released, With one of them it shows Laurie strode practicing her shooting getting some headshot's on a dummy but i'm sure when the time comes she'll fudge it up.

Impediment

Flyattractor

steverules_2
As I was watching the trailer I thought so this means they aren't related anymore, as that was in the sequel not the original, and they bring it up in the trailer. So glad Laurie Strode is back (JLC), killing her off was an awful idea, hated that. I'm looking forward to this.

Impediment
Halloween: Resurrection was leagues beyond terrible. God, what a shit film that was.

steverules_2
Busta Rhymes defeated Michael Myers facepalm

carthage

BruceSkywalker

Dr Will Hatch
Trailer was surprisingly good. I liked how Laurie is basically turning into Loomis with her paranoia and borderline insane hatred/fear of Michael.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
Trailer was surprisingly good. I liked how Laurie is basically turning into Loomis with her paranoia and borderline insane hatred/fear of Michael.

yea but she'll ,iss when she tries to shoot him

Kazenji
Looks good

good to see John Carpenter involved with it in some capacity, For the previous movies only one that i haven't seen is 'Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers' i'll probably track down the director's cut as i hear that's the better version of it.

Flyattractor
Yeah. The Producers Cut is better then the Theatrical Cut. Not by much but it is slightly better.

WolvesofBabylon
I'm excited. Being a child the 80s. I enjoy the slasher films. Also that theme song still one of the best in any movie.

quanchi112

Patient_Leech
Meh, trailer didn't do much for me. Seems another pathetic attempt to cash in on nostalgia.

DarthPlaguis12
I enjoyed the trailer, hope it is good

Impediment
I find it cool and funny that Michael is 60+ years old and still a bad ass.

steverules_2

Flyattractor
I will Hope for Bloody Goodness but will go in with LOW Expectations.

Kazenji
H20 did the exact same thing, Here's hoping this movie does it better.

Flyattractor
H20 was good but I need a Memory Wipe of Resurrection to make it Awesome again!

Kazenji
H20 was good...eh okay, You've lost respect from me not that you had any.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Kazenji
H20 was good...eh okay, You've lost respect from me not that you had any.

Hnnnn....Yep. Not caring any less after learning that.

Impediment
H20 had the perfect ending to an era.

Laurie decapitates Michael with an axe and the story is finally finished.

But, noooooo.....we just HAD to make Resurrection.

DarthPlaguis12

steverules_2
Originally posted by Impediment

I was confused as to why he reached out, if they hadn't done resurrection I wonder what the reason would've been

BruceSkywalker
I find it cool and funny that Michael is 60+ years old and still a bad ass.

sends a poor message to real life serial killers lmao

Flyattractor

thumb up Exactly.

steverules_2
Halloween 6 might be hands down the worst one IMO

Flyattractor
The Producers Cut KIND of Saved it but it still aint "Good".

quanchi112

Kazenji
Originally posted by steverules_2
Halloween 6 might be hands down the worst one IMO

Depends what version you've watched

sounds like the cinema version to me.

Impediment
Quan and Fly: Quit the shit and get back to topic.

Use the social thread to talk shit.

Flyattractor
Works for Me. I am hoping for Goodness from this, but past Halloween movies have taught me to be very Very Wary.

Zack M
This looks great, honestly.

Kazenji
If this movie does good, I want to see another Nightmare On Elm Street.

Flyattractor
I hope the F13 Franchise can get its legal issues wrapped up so the proposed 2020 movie can still get made.

Still holding out for a JvsM movie.

steverules_2

Kazenji
Only thing that i've heard about legal issues is with the game if they want to add more content to it.

Flyattractor
Its the main reason there hasn't been a movie since the Crappy Remake.

But back on Topic.

Can't wait to see a 60 year old Mikey Kill some SJW Teens. That will be awesome.

See some Good Old Fashioned KILLIN!!!!!

DarthPlaguis12

DarthPlaguis12

Flyattractor
The 2nd half of Rob's Remake of the 1st wasn't to bad. The First Half I wanted to crawl into the movie and Murder Little Mikey Myself in the most horrible way I could imagine.

Rob's 2nd Movie was total shit.

Kazenji
Then get him back for it.

Kazenji
^ And get him back to being actually scary.

Kazenji
0ggRsbFQ8B0

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Kazenji
0ggRsbFQ8B0

i'm going to just hear the music

carthage
Not gonna watch the 2nd trailer
But my uncle really loved the preview during Alpha and now wants to see this

Ridley_Prime
The 2nd trailer didnt really have anything spoilery, I found. Just what you would expect for a Michael return appearance, along with a bit of what the first trailer had. Still thinking I will likely see this, in any case. thumb up

steverules_2

carthage
The new one is sitting af 93% on Rotten Tomatoes
Never expected it to be that highly rated wow

steverules_2

Kazenji
^ They've shown it at the Toronto Film Festival.

steverules_2
Figures...

DarthPlaguis12

roughrider
I think the key to the film's quality this time is that they hired a director - David Gordon Green - who's never made a horror movie. So he brings a fresh perspective to the genre. He's alternated between Terrence Malick-like dreamy dramas (George Washington, All The Real Girls) to weird comedies (Pineapple Express, The Sitter.) I've been a fan of his since George Washington in 2000.

quanchi112
Excited for this. Always a Freddy guy while my second fave was Jason but Michael is third on the list of horror icons growing up.

Flyattractor
Ohh Please do NOT LET THIS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!

BruceSkywalker
a sequel is happening

Surtur

DarthPlaguis12

DarthPlaguis12
Originally posted by quanchi112
Excited for this. Always a Freddy guy while my second fave was Jason but Michael is third on the list of horror icons growing up.

Love me some Jason, Freddy, n Halloween films big grin

Flyattractor
Wish they would reprint those org Movie Novels.

Impediment
Check out this legit Halloween/Michael Myers poster drawn by Todd McFarlane!

carthage
The review scores and projected office for this both are absurdly high lol

Flyattractor
I hope this does really good and it gets the F13 People to pull thier Heads out of their asses and get their ball on the game and start making movie again.

DarthPlaguis12
I heard they planned too make more F13 movies.

Anyway one week for Halloween.

Kazenji
^ There was plans for more but it stalled.

DarthPlaguis12
Yeah but the court results just came out

Kazenji
Links?

DarthPlaguis12
https://gamerant.com/friday-the-13th-producer-new-jason-projects/

quanchi112
Just saw this. Very good. Certain brilliant scenes and I enjoyed the ending.

Flyattractor
Well darn. I was hoping it would be GOOD!

roll eyes (sarcastic)

quanchi112
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Well darn. I was hoping it would be GOOD!

roll eyes (sarcastic) Try to be more open minded.

Flyattractor
roll eyes (sarcastic)

DarthPlaguis12
http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/halloween-has-best-horror-preview-night-of-the-year-with-77-million-total-752

BackFire
Hear it's good, glad it's doing well.

Maybe this means other horror franchises will do the same and do some retconned continuations of the originals, like Friday the 13th or Nightmare on Elm street. Could be cool in both instances.

DarthPlaguis12

DarthPlaguis12
http://www.joblo.com/horror-movies/news/halloween-movie-review-204

This is my favorite horror movie review website

quanchi112

Flyattractor
Yeah That aint HAPPENING anytime soon. Cunningham and Miller can't reach a settlement agreement so...ROLL IN The APPEALS!!!!!!!! The Lawsuit LIVES!!!!!

juggernaut74
Might go see it this afternoon. Without spoiling anything but is there a supernatural aspect to this Michael or is he just a regular dude?

quanchi112
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Might go see it this afternoon. Without spoiling anything but is there a supernatural aspect to this Michael or is he just a regular dude? Yes and no. More yes than no.

steverules_2
More yes reg dude or more yes supernatural?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by BackFire
Hear it's good, glad it's doing well.

Maybe this means other horror franchises will do the same and do some retconned continuations of the originals, like Friday the 13th or Nightmare on Elm street. Could be cool in both instances.

there is talk of A Nightmare on Elm Street returning while the Friday the 13th reboot/sequel was canned, however since Halloween is kicking ass , I'm sure talk of bring back Freddie and Jason will heat up..

As for this, I will see either next friday or saturday

Kazenji
I want to see Hellraiser come back, Not the straight to dvd garbage that they've been putting out over the last few years.

DarthPlaguis12
They tried a new one but like you mentioned it was straight to dvd shit

The most recent ones are even worse and missing Doug Bradley as pinhead.

WolvesofBabylon
Really good. Was nice seeing an old fashion horror movie without a ton of special effects or a gore fest.

Flyattractor
Hope to see this next weekend. But then it will be Halloween Ajacent
so I am not expecting the hype to die down till after....which sucks..

quanchi112
Originally posted by steverules_2
More yes reg dude or more yes supernatural? More yes supernatural but nowhere like thorn curse Myers levels the best Myers imo.

DarthPlaguis12

Flyattractor
True Dat.

Kazenji
Because of idiots looking on their phone?

glad we don't have that nonsense here in Australia.

Flyattractor
Australians can't afford phones?

Kazenji
Oh we got phones here but we don't have idiots continuously looking at their phones during a movie.

Flyattractor
Poor reception down under?

Kazenji
okay....keep trolling with your stupid act.

Flyattractor
What? You think this isn't a SERIOUS Discussion?

Ridley_Prime
haermm

More on topic though, loved this film. For bringing goodwill back to Halloween with its 40th anniversary, is pretty much a solid 10 for me.

Hope the announced 2nd reboot for Jason does well/is good too, but doubt it will top this personally imo, though might be a bit biased since am more a fan of Michael than Jason.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
haermm

More on topic though, loved this film. For bringing goodwill back to Halloween with its 40th anniversary, is pretty much a solid 10 for me.

Hope the announced 2nd reboot for Jason does well/is good too, but doubt it will top this personally imo, though might be a bit biased since am more a fan of Michael than Jason. See I am a bigger Jason fan but they did the Halloween sequel right. I hope someone who understands horror continues the original series. Freddy was always my fave but Robert englund is too old now.

Flyattractor
See it is stuff like this that just makes me nervous about this movie...

quanchi112
See it is stuff like this that just makes me nervous about this movie... Quit crying and go see it, fake fan.

Flyattractor
Oh I want to see it. I am just not a FAN of Crowded Theaters.

quanchi112
Oh I want to see it. I am just not a FAN of Crowded Theaters. Then see a day time showing. Quit being so dumb and weird.

Flyattractor
Small Town. No Matinee's during the week, and No Late Shows. Weekends only. I am willing to hold off till after Halloween to see this. The Crowd at Venom kind of put me off going to the theater for a while.

I will probably re-watch my blu-ray collection of all the other movies before I see this anyway. GET THE FULL EXPERIENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!

NemeBro
Just got back from the theater. It was very good. thumb up

Flyattractor
Might see it tonight. Hope it don't suck.

carthage
Loved the **** out of this

Flyattractor
This was Good. Not as Good as the OG Movie. Probably put this some where around H20. Fun. Hope there wasn't a cut scene in the credits tho... hadda Go!

BackFire
Haven't watched this new one yet, watched the original last week, still think it's pretty overrated, though. Some good stuff and obviously influential, but just doesn't do a whole lot for me compared to other horror classics.

steverules_2
Haven't watched this new one yet, watched the original last week, still think it's pretty overrated, though. Some good stuff and obviously influential, but just doesn't do a whole lot for me compared to other horror classics.

So your favourite horror film is Texas chainsaw massacre?

BackFire
Yes.

NemeBro
Haven't watched this new one yet, watched the original last week, still think it's pretty overrated, though. Some good stuff and obviously influential, but just doesn't do a whole lot for me compared to other horror classics. I'd say the same about Texas Chainsaw tbh. thumb up

BackFire
Yeah different tastes.

Always felt that the first Halloween swings and misses with its attempts of building up Michael Myers, he never felt to me like evil incarnate or something more than a man, which is what Dr. Hype Machine Loomis spends the whole movie trying to convince us of. Just seemed like a regular crazy guy to me, which wouldn't be a problem except outside of the concept of him being some kind of embodiment of evil he's probably the blandest of all the famous movie killers.

quanchi112
Haven't watched this new one yet, watched the original last week, still think it's pretty overrated, though. Some good stuff and obviously influential, but just doesn't do a whole lot for me compared to other horror classics. Agreed the original was never great to me but I enjoyed this one.

Flyattractor
Wish we could have gotten more with the Brit Pod-Casters.

NemeBro
Yeah different tastes.

Always felt that the first Halloween swings and misses with its attempts of building up Michael Myers, he never felt to me like evil incarnate or something more than a man, which is what Dr. Hype Machine Loomis spends the whole movie trying to convince us of. Just seemed like a regular crazy guy to me, which wouldn't be a problem except outside of the concept of him being some kind of embodiment of evil he's probably the blandest of all the famous movie killers. How is he more bland than Jason? Jason is a character caught between the identities of being soulless unpredictable evil like Myers or the mentally disabled redneck pushed into killing by circumstance like Leatherface.

Also you're retarded if you think a guy who was shot several times, stabbed in the eye, and then thrown off a house before just walking away is just some crazy dude, and that's just speaking on his seemingly supernatural physical abilities. Much less the fact that he spent fifteen years without speaking a word before singling out Laurie and her friends to be killed completely at random.

Phuck you Backfire, you phucking suck and I hate you. I'll knock your leather face clear out of your dress.

Flyattractor
Well now Mikey didn't 'walk Away". He got arrested instantly at the end of the first movie. He then got proper medical treatment. And then he took a 40 year nap.

quanchi112
Jason is far better than Myers who never ever had a personality. He is as bland as they get. I enjoy his blandness but come on here. Backfire is correct you Superman loving idjit.

BackFire
Jason's personality comes from the goofy and campy personality of The Friday the 13th movies themselves, the first Halloween movie lacks the camp to give a boring and generic character like MM any personality aside what Doctor Hype tries to give him. MM is just not a very compelling character, the first movie only works because of the innate talent of John Carpenter and his ability to create an effective tone and mood and skill at building suspense.

Surviving all that shit just means he was on drugs during the events, probably PCP. Some other silly inmate probably gave them to him when they escaped from their conveniently lax mental institution. I actually prefer this more grounded version of MM to the stupid supernatural god-man that he becomes in later installments, just wish they would have scaled back Loomis' "Guys, he's so evil, lemme tell you how evil and otherworldly he really is" schtick because it became a bit silly.

Flyattractor
Yeah the F13 movies found a formula that worked good enough for them and then didn't miss with it till they sold the right to New Line. Halloween always though it was Art or summin... Ptthhh! Stupid Hollywood Types.... Just give us Booze, Titties and Blood. THAT IS ALL WE WANT!!!!!!!!!

quanchi112
Jason>Michael.

Flyattractor
...Yeah. I have always been more of a Jason Fan then a Mikey. Like em both but Jason has made the over all better movies.

BackFire
The first Halloween movie is a much better movie than any of the Friday the 13th movies, but the F13 sequels are stupid fun, while the Halloween sequels are just stupid.

quanchi112
I disagree on the Halloween sequels being stupid because my favorite is part 6 then part 4 is my second fave. Later down the,inethey become terrible. The remakes were pure trash. Jason to me got better as he went on. Loved Jason lives part 6, New Blood part 7, Jason goes to hell, and the penultimate showdown against Freddy.

NemeBro
Jason's personality comes from the goofy and campy personality of The Friday the 13th movies themselves, the first Halloween movie lacks the camp to give a boring and generic character like MM any personality aside what Doctor Hype tries to give him. MM is just not a very compelling character, the first movie only works because of the innate talent of John Carpenter and his ability to create an effective tone and mood and skill at building suspense.

Surviving all that shit just means he was on drugs during the events, probably PCP. Some other silly inmate probably gave them to him when they escaped from their conveniently lax mental institution. I actually prefer this more grounded version of MM to the stupid supernatural god-man that he becomes in later installments, just wish they would have scaled back Loomis' "Guys, he's so evil, lemme tell you how evil and otherworldly he really is" schtick because it became a bit silly. Your first clue that you're in the wrong should have been that simpletons like quan or flyattractor are on your side.

My IQ is too high to enjoy the Friday the 13 movies sorry. Your IQ by comparison is just too low to appreciate Michael Myers. Enjoy shucking and jiving with your low IQ friends CuckFire.

Being on drugs doesn't make you invincible, nor does it give an average-sized man the strength to pin a fully-grown man into the wall with a kitchen knife.

It is indeed the more ambiguously-supernatural Michael rather than the explicitly supernatural Michael that is good though, yes. thumb up

At least I know you are slightly smarter than quanchi. thumb up

BackFire
Originally posted by NemeBro

Being on drugs doesn't make you invincible, nor does it give an average-sized man the strength to pin a fully-grown man into the wall with a kitchen knife.

Yes they do. Besides that fully grown man he pinned was a scrawny *****, Laurie could have done it herself if she so desired.

Either way, the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre is better and more influential than both series combined.

NemeBro
The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre blows cock. thumb up

It's even worse than the Rob Zombie Halloween films.

BackFire
You lack taste and intellect.

Flyattractor
I dunno. He did point out that you are Smarter then Quanchi-chi...but not Smarter then...well... Heh heh heh....

quanchi112
Your first clue that you're in the wrong should have been that simpletons like quan or flyattractor are on your side.

My IQ is too high to enjoy the Friday the 13 movies sorry. Your IQ by comparison is just too low to appreciate Michael Myers. Enjoy shucking and jiving with your low IQ friends CuckFire.

It is indeed the more ambiguously-supernatural Michael rather than the explicitly supernatural Michael that is good though, yes. thumb up

At least I know you are slightly smarter than quanchi. thumb up Because high iqs tend to gravitate towards horror films you deliberately edgy putz. No none of these films scream high intellects and it comes down to taste so have fun arguing blue is more awesome than red. Point was Michael Myers is bland. He is so go self harm in another thread while you pretend you are a genius as your go to when your points get shredded in the future.

Quan wins again.

Ps. Jason would beat the **** out of whatever Myers you tossed into a room with him.

Bentley
Because high iqs tend to gravitate towards horror films you deliberately edgy putz.

That's something that might actually be true. Do you have any specific source for this though?

Not holding you accountable over the throwaway line, it just spiked my curiosity.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bentley
That's something that might actually be true. Do you have any specific source for this though?

Not holding you accountable over the throwaway line, it just spiked my curiosity. Common sense you French loser. I have not conducted thorough research into this you moron but Neme does this when his points are shredded. He pretends he is a genuuis and runs for the hills.

Bentley
Common sense you French loser. I have not conducted thorough research into this you moron but Neme does this when his points are shredded. He pretends he is a genuuis and runs for the hills.

Sorry for finding that you brought up a nice point for once, I should've guessed it was a fluke ahah

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bentley
Sorry for finding that you brought up a nice point for once, I should've guessed it was a fluke ahah If you want to research it to confirm be my guest but my points are always amazing you silly little Frenchman.

Flyattractor
Why are you turning this thread into a name calling and racist tirade?

Just like you do with EVERY Thread.

quanchi112

Just like you do with EVERY Thread. Shhhh, this is about Halloween not your feelings.

NemeBro
Because high iqs tend to gravitate towards horror films you deliberately edgy putz. No none of these films scream high intellects and it comes down to taste so have fun arguing blue is more awesome than red. Point was Michael Myers is bland. He is so go self harm in another thread while you pretend you are a genius as your go to when your points get shredded in the future.

Quan wins again.

Ps. Jason would beat the **** out of whatever Myers you tossed into a room with him. I'm going to need to have a real long talk with your fat whore of a mother as I'm paying for her heroin habits while making spreading her butt cheeks and going for her milk dud young man. thumb up

quanchi112
I'm going to need to have a real long talk with your fat whore of a mother as I'm paying for her heroin habits while making spreading her butt cheeks and going for her milk dud young man. thumb up Concession accepted, ******.

Tzeentch
im gay

quanchi112
Originally posted by Tzeentch
im gay

We all knew.

NemeBro
Concession accepted, ******. Just like your mother's ass hole accepted my writhing tongue. thumb up

Flyattractor
Shhhh, this is about Halloween not your feelings.

Yes. It IS so I will ask you again....

Just like you do with EVERY Thread.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>