Actors/Actresses who were the perfect casting for their role

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheVaultDweller
A thread inspired by the "Actors/actresses who played in movies that are not suited for them" thread, but the opposite.

Basically, which roles/parts you feel where the person that was cast ended up being pretty much perfect for the role.

To get things going, I am going to say Chris Evans as Captain America. He really owned that role and made it his own. And, as such, it's extremely hard for me to picture anyone else as Cap, despite knowing that there have been other live-action incarnations before him.

-Pr-
Chris Reeve as Superman. People might think it's an exaggeration or nostalgia talking, but it really isn't. He really was that good.

This alone just shows how well he balances the two personas:

BIaF0QKtY0c

I liked others like Cain. Routh and Welling even had their moments, and I think Cavill, with a good writer, WILL be great, but none of them have come close to that.

John Murdoch
^Both actors as the red, white, and blue superheroes above are about as good as it gets as far as choice material goes for this thread.

Four more superhero choices:

- Wesley Snipes as Blade
- Ron Perlman as Hellboy
- RDJ as Tony Stark
- And - drumroll please - Mr. Michael Keaton as Batman. Still the best casting of Batman yet experienced in the live-action realm.

Arachnid1
This right here was the most perfect casting I've ever seen.

https://media.giphy.com/media/dC9DTdqPmRnlS/giphy.gif

tkitna
Hugh Jackman as Wolverine

riv6672
Robin Williams as Teddy Roosevelt.

Ray Stevenson as Frank Castle.

Thomas Lennon as Felix Unger.

Arnold Schwarzenegger as Hamlet.

Nemesis X
Uma Thurman as Poison Ivy. That was someone ahead of their time perfect for the role that got ruined by a crap script and very questionable clothing designs.

riv6672
Originally posted by Arachnid1
This right here was the most perfect casting I've ever seen.

https://media.giphy.com/media/dC9DTdqPmRnlS/giphy.gif
I missed this post. Spot. ON.

dadudemon
Originally posted by -Pr-
Chris Reeve as Superman. People might think it's an exaggeration or nostalgia talking, but it really isn't. He really was that good.

This alone just shows how well he balances the two personas:

BIaF0QKtY0c

I liked others like Cain. Routh and Welling even had their moments, and I think Cavill, with a good writer, WILL be great, but none of them have come close to that.

Nah, you're right. It's not nostalgia talking.

BruceSkywalker
chris reeve as Supes

hugh jckman as Wolverine

chris evans as Steve Rogers

Kazenji
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Uma Thurman as Poison Ivy. That was someone ahead of their time perfect for the role that got ruined by a crap script and very questionable clothing designs.

Blame WB's they're the ones that wanted the movies to be like the old Adam West tv show, Mmeanwhile everyone else has moved on from that style at the time.

Dr Will Hatch
TV show, but Bryan Cranston as Walter White in Breaking Bad. I can't imagine anyone else being as effective in that role.

CroftAlice
Milla Jovovich as Alice,she was perfect.The script..well there wasn't

riv6672
Michael J Fox as Marty McFly.
Hard to believe it was almost Eric Stoltz... confused

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e0/fa/73/e0fa73b1cf9387a3431915265933216e.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/YH5GMu0.gif

Darkstorm Zero
Arnie as the Terminator, and Conan too really.

MF DELPH
Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones. I can't see any other actor from that era who could pull that mix of charisma and gruff off. Michael Douglas kinda tried it with Romancing the Stone and Jewel of the Nile, but those were watered down (though still very good) Indiana Jones imitations.

Patrick Stewart as both Professor X and Jean-Luc Picard. Great actor that just naturally has a refinement and elder statesman appeal to him, but also supreme chops to bring gravity to his roles. So good as Picard that you didn't mind that an allegedly French Starfleet Captain had a British accent, drank Earl Grey tea religiously, and was clearly a Shakespearean actor.

Sean Connery as James Bond. We've had 6 Bonds and while the quality of the films have gone up and down, Connery is still the quintessential Bond after all the different iterations.

Wesley Snipes as Blade. Wes put his stamp on the character and made his iteration a household name.

Dreampanther
Agree with just about every choice mentioned so far.

Would add Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow. I'm not a fan of every role of his or every POTC movie, but he was riveting in the first one.

Also, Tom Hanks as Forrest Gump and Woody Harrelson as Mickey Knotts.

Kazenji
Originally posted by MF DELPH
Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones. I can't see any other actor from that era who could pull that mix of charisma and gruff off. Michael Douglas kinda tried it with Romancing the Stone and Jewel of the Nile, but those were watered down (though still very good) Indiana Jones imitations.

And to think Tom Selleck was also one of the choices.

TheOneFirestorm
Henry Cavill as Clark Kent/Superman in the DCCU

Charismatic, dramatic, relatable, and a likable guy. A down to earth Superman since he doesn't want to work on a farm won't work for a family business, grieves because he lost his dad, has to find out his limits, also this Clark won't remain be inactive if he sees something unjust as shown in the Diner scene.
Also he wants to live a ordinary life but can't since that would involve not helping persons.

He is shown proactive since he tells Citizens to go inside, and grieves after killing a foe which makes him a believable Superman because 1 of the main traits of Superman is he wants to avoid killing.

BruceSkywalker
Josh Brolin as Thanos

Mindset
Originally posted by TheOneFirestorm
Henry Cavill as Clark Kent/Superman in the DCCU

Charismatic, dramatic, relatable, and a likable guy. A down to earth Superman since he doesn't want to work on a farm won't work for a family business, grieves because he lost his dad, has to find out his limits, also this Clark won't remain be inactive if he sees something unjust as shown in the Diner scene.
Also he wants to live a ordinary life but can't since that would involve not helping persons.

He is shown proactive since he tells Citizens to go inside, and grieves after killing a foe which makes him a believable Superman because 1 of the main traits of Superman is he wants to avoid killing. I didn't know Cavill posted here.

TheOneFirestorm
Originally posted by Mindset
I didn't know Cavill posted here.

I didn't hear that he posted on Killermovies forums.

TheOneFirestorm
Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool

He is known for playing characters that say wisecracks and Deadpool is exactly that a wisecracker that can be funny.

CPT Space Bomb
Ian McKellen - Gandalf
Robert Downey Jr. - Iron Man
Hugh Jackman - Wolverine
Christopher Reeves - Superman
Hugo Weaving - Agent Smith

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.