Sidious power growth between RotS and RotJ

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xPRIMEx
How much did Sidious grow in power between RotS and RotJ, and are there any quotes/statements that back this up?

The.D0minator
none at all, as it was revealed in the dark side chronicles sourcebook

darthbane77
Originally posted by The.D0minator
none at all, as it was revealed in the dark side chronicles sourcebook Quote? I find it hard to believe Sidious didn't grow at all in 20 years.

The.D0minator
nova posted it on cv a few days ago, can't remember it exactly

Azronger
DB77 getting trolled again.

Vader: The Ultimate Guide tells us that the Emperor seems "more powerful than ever" around the timeframe of The Empire Strikes Back, the old SW.com databank states he possessed "newfound power" in Return of the Jedi, and in Book of the Sith the Emperor claimed that he "grows ever closer to unlimited power." I'm not aware of any other quotes that directly state he grew during this time, but we can infer the growth to be humonguous from the fact that it is almost a four times longer period of time than the one in between Return of the Jedi and Dark Empire, during which the Emperor's growth was described as "significant" by the Dark Empire Sourcebook.

Freedon Nadd
He means Force strength not Force knowledge.

Rockydonovang
AZ, stop treating AP's sources as legitimate.

How much did sids grow?

Zentrex
probably quite a bit. He was powerful in RotS, but by RotJ, at least in Legends, he had enough time and experience studying the dark side and obsessively increasing his power in it that I'd say he grew more in that time than he had in his entire life before. That may be a little too much, but the growth was at least CLOSE to being double.

Sinious
Originally posted by Azronger

Vader: The Ultimate Guide tells us that the Emperor seems "more powerful than ever" around the timeframe of The Empire Strikes Back, the old SW.com databank states he possessed "newfound power" in Return of the Jedi, and in Book of the Sith the Emperor claimed that he "grows ever closer to unlimited power." I'm not aware of any other quotes that directly state he grew during this time, but we can infer the growth to be humonguous from the fact that it is almost a four times longer period of time than the one in between Return of the Jedi and Dark Empire, during which the Emperor's growth was described as "significant" by the Dark Empire Sourcebook. Well said. I wonder just how good he was in sabers during ROTJ.

Freedon Nadd
Apparently, people can't realize that knowledge growth doesn't mean Force strength growth.

Azronger
Originally posted by Sinious
Well said. I wonder just how good he was in sabers during ROTJ.

As good as Yoda and Mace.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11129/111291526/6259210-5373043804-151754933277678678

Freedon Nadd
That's some straight Sidious wanking there. Can't expect me to take that as fact.

darthbane77
Originally posted by Azronger

Vader: The Ultimate Guide tells us that the Emperor seems "more powerful than ever" around the timeframe of The Empire Strikes Back, the old SW.com databank states he possessed "newfound power" in Return of the Jedi, and in Book of the Sith the Emperor claimed that he "grows ever closer to unlimited power." I'm not aware of any other quotes that directly state he grew during this time, but we can infer the growth to be humonguous from the fact that it is almost a four times longer period of time than the one in between Return of the Jedi and Dark Empire, during which the Emperor's growth was described as "significant" by the Dark Empire Sourcebook. I didn't get trolled because I didn't/don't believe him. I asked him to provide a quote to prove what he said.

Total Warrior
He improved by 6.9 % his force knowledge

Freedon Nadd
laughing out loud 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻 🤟🏻🖐🏻

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.