Black Dwarf vs. The Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StiltmanFTW
vin

http://www.rapsheet.co.uk/Images/Characters/BlackDwarf.jpg

vs.

http://www.writeups.org/wp-content/uploads/Thing-Ultimate-Marvel-Comics-Fantastic-Four-a.jpg

Who wins?

Damborgson
The Thing probably

cdtm
Thing wins, with ease.

-Pr-
Am I missing something?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by -Pr-
Am I missing something?

Both are laughing stocks here on KMC, so I decided to make a thread.

And both got one-shotted by Thanos.

cdtm
Ben a laughing stock. laughing out loud

He's ain't Hulk.

StiltmanFTW
Yeah, Ben is a joke.

I laughed when Aunt Petunia got murdered smile

8swords
Thing, I usually give ben wins if his opponent has near equal or little difference in strength, mostly because he fights smarter than most.

-Pr-
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Both are laughing stocks here on KMC, so I decided to make a thread.

And both got one-shotted by Thanos.

Was dwarf actually bad in the comics?

StiltmanFTW

no expression

Yes. Yes, he was.

That's why Thanos f*cking fired him from Black Order...

Damborgson
I think his best feat is getting his head crushed by Ronan

Kazenji

Yeah he was, In the Infinity event when he went to invade Wakanda for Thanos he retreated after finding heavy resistance.

StiltmanFTW
And to be honest, he was a weak sauce in the movie, too... keep in mind that Banner is no Stark and he still killed Cull while barely being able to operate the Veronica hulkbuster suit.

Originally posted by Damborgson
I think his best feat is getting his head crushed by Ronan

laughing out loud

Parmaniac
I recall loosing off panel against Black Panther and getting killed by Ronan

-Pr-
no expression

Yes. Yes, he was.

That's why Thanos f*cking fired him from Black Order...

Originally posted by Kazenji
Yeah he was, In the Infinity event when he went to invade Wakanda for Thanos he retreated after finding heavy resistance.

Well, that sucks.

And to be honest, he was a weak sauce in the movie, too... keep in mind that Banner is no Stark and he still killed Cull while barely being able to operate the Veronica hulkbuster suit.

laughing out loud

Hey, that fight in the park is pretty cool.

Kazenji

laughing out loud

So they stayed true to the comics with him, thumb up

StiltmanFTW

It happened mostly off-panel, but apparently it was 1 on 1 with T'Challa... to Dwarf's credit, T'Challa admitted that Dwarf had the advantage.

Originally posted by Parmaniac
I recall loosing off panel against Black Panther and getting killed by Ronan

Not exactly. Wakanda won.

If it was just their duel, BD wouldn't need to retreat.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DP1KD7lUEAEhc45.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/36135/3826802-0352928383-newav.jpg

+ the retelling panel

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e5/1e/00/e51e0008e32ed8c7fd6ac71235a7ba28.jpg

StiltmanFTW
Hey, that fight in the park is pretty cool.

When you're supposed to be a Class 100 alien monster, some insecure teenager stopping your strike dead cold is not "cool", lol.

But sure, I digged scenes with him and the rest of the Order.

So they stayed true to the comics with him, thumb up

thumb up

Yes. Exactly.

I just wish they didn't rename him. Wtf, Disney.

-Pr-
When you're supposed to be a Class 100 alien monster, some insecure teenager stopping your strike dead cold is not "cool", lol.

But sure, I digged scenes with him and the rest of the Order.

thumb up

Yes. Exactly.

I just wish they didn't rename him. Wtf, Disney.

Yeah, because wanking Spidey to ridiculous levels is so unusual. stick out tongue

StiltmanFTW
Yeah, because wanking Spidey to ridiculous levels is so unusual. stick out tongue

In the same movie, he got pwnt by Star-Lord.

I loved it. Can't wait for tumblr gifs, I'll spam SamZED and Parmaniac with those.

-Pr-
In the same movie, he got pwnt by Star-Lord.

I loved it. Can't wait for tumblr gifs, I'll spam SamZED and Parmaniac with those.

Well, Pratt > Holland, to be fair.

But yes, they will be glorious. Looking forward to the one where Starlord gives Thanos the finger.

StiltmanFTW
thumb up

Parker dissolving into nothingness... oh, yes. And I thought nothing would beat the "PENIS PARKER!!!" party from Homecoming. I was wrong laughing out loud

One Big Mob
Black Dwarf was beating Super Skrull, Gladiator, and tanking Annihilus at the same time until Ronan full on cheapshot whacked him. That little scuffle was far above Thing's paygrade.

It's just that Ronan hits pretty hard and when he gets a free swing from behind in the jaw it's probably not going to turn out well. He'd likely behead Thing with the same shot.

BP was operating at Namor-ish levels in raw power under Hickman, and Thanos is Thanos.

I don't know what he's done since he's been revived but Jonathan Dwarfman would obliterate Thing.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by One Big Mob
BP was operating at Namor-ish levels in raw power under Hickman

He didn't have his energy gauntlet or any fancy gadgets when he faced BD. He had no prep.

Just claws stick out tongue In the same scenario, Namor would've obliterated him...

One Big Mob
Well, let's look at this logically then. Let's actually think about why this occurred.

It was probably a battle of blackness then.

Black Dwarf only had the first part of his name be African American. And parts of his costume. For the sake of this, we'll say that is two black points.

Black Panther right off the bat has two African American points. Panthers are black, and black is black. But his skin tone is also black, as well as his costume.
That's 4 black points.

2 vs 4. In a blackoff, having double black points is a pretty substantial thing to have. That should be enough to at least equalize power. Had Black Dwarf not made it into a blackoff, he should have been able to sweep. But I think, and I'm assuming here, but I think it being on Wakandan soil left him with no other choice and it fueled the winner of the blackoff with powers that would have likely just laid dormant. Had it been in America, it's very possible it would have never turned into a Blackoff.

Philosophía
How does Immortal Thing stack up?

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by One Big Mob
Black Dwarf was beating Super Skrull, Gladiator, and tanking Annihilus at the same time until Ronan full on cheapshot whacked him. That little scuffle was far above Thing's paygrade.

It's just that Ronan hits pretty hard and when he gets a free swing from behind in the jaw it's probably not going to turn out well. He'd likely behead Thing with the same shot.

BP was operating at Namor-ish levels in raw power under Hickman, and Thanos is Thanos.

I don't know what he's done since he's been revived but Jonathan Dwarfman would obliterate Thing.

This is what I was thinking. Ben couldn't fight a single person on that team.

Insane Titan
Black Dwarf wins. He was holding his own against Annihilus , Superskrull and Gladiator until Ronan blind sided him.

Stoic

Wakanda is a very powerful nation. Did you miss the memo?

DarkSaint85
Shang Chi and Widow were also dancing round him to be fair.

Not saying Ben is suddenly this ninja warrior, but Wolverine has given Ben props for his fighting speed.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Wolverine has given Ben props for his fighting speed.

What issue?

Stoic
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Shang Chi and Widow were also dancing round him to be fair.

Not saying Ben is suddenly this ninja warrior, but Wolverine has given Ben props for his fighting speed.

Unless Gladiator Hobbes which is very possible, Black Dwarf should destroy Ben.

Bentley
Thing slaps this second stringer around

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.