MCU vs. Star Wars

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
The two current behemoths of cinema. Which do you prefer and why ?

playa1258
MCU easily right now. If the second IW film can pull it off no doubt will the MCU be the greatest franchise ever.

WolvesofBabylon
The new films. MCU easily. However Empire > All MCU movies in my opinion.

StiltmanFTW
MCU. It has become unstoppable.

Can't wait for IW part 2.

Bentley
I think both are serviceably terrible in their own way. I would say that I care more about MCU because the potential of adapting some awesome storylines from comics is there.

quanchi112
Originally posted by WolvesofBabylon
The new films. MCU easily. However Empire > All MCU movies in my opinion. Infinity War destroys ESB bust I never cared for it that much tbh. Last Jedi is my favorite Star Wars film.

Inhuman
The only other franchise I can think of that has lasted a long time is the Bond series. But I hate Daniel Craig Bond with a passion erm

quanchi112

Arachnid1
MCU. I've never been much of a Star Wars fan (though Rogue One was phenomenal).

Bentley
Originally posted by Inhuman
The only other franchise I can think of that has lasted a long time is the Bond series. But I hate Daniel Craig Bond with a passion erm

Godzilla is another one.

WolvesofBabylon
Originally posted by quanchi112
Infinity War destroys ESB bust I never cared for it that much tbh. Last Jedi is my favorite Star Wars film.

Last Jedi was good as well. Possibly a nostalgia thing as ESB was the first movie I remember watching when I was young.

BruceSkywalker
Both.. Nothing or no one will make me say otherwise... Been a fan of Star Wars since 1977 and been a fan of the MCU since Iron Man..

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Inhuman
The only other franchise I can think of that has lasted a long time is the Bond series. But I hate Daniel Craig Bond with a passion erm I agree. I still don't get wtf they were thinking casting him. He's had plenty of movies to grow on me, but I still think he's terrible. On the plus side though, Skyfall was the best JB movie of all time IMO

emporerpants
Marvel. By quite a bit honestly. Marvel has been doling out quality quite consistently and has build the marvel universe on screen. That is something I never thought I would see.

ares834
Star Wars.

The new films suck but the classics are just too good.

CPT Space Bomb
MCU easily. I love Star Wars OT, but the prequels and the new films really, REALLY lowered my enjoyment of the franchise. Whereas the MCU is just pounding out great films over and over....

Estacado
MCU.

SW is just overrated...

Darth Thor
Lucas Star Wars > MCU >>> Disney Star Wars

MCU is entertaining as hell but has yet to pass the test of time Star Wars has done.

quanchi112

StiltmanFTW
19 films and many more coming soon.

Ant-Man and the Wasp coming July, this year.

Khazra Reborn
The MCU as an overall product is better. IMO Star Wars' low points are considerably worse than the MCU's, but their highs are as good.

BackFire
This is hard to answer because MCU is only 10 years old, but Star Wars has had various different cycles. If we're just comparing the most recent Star Wars series, like since Disney acquired them, or even since the prequels, I think you have to give it to the MCU, especially with how huge Black Panther and Infinity War are. If you include the original Star Wars films, then I think you have to give it to that.

-Pr-
On the whole, the MCU. I wouldn't consider it to have the highs that Star Wars has, but it doesn't have nearly as many lows either. On average, MCU takes it.

quanchi112

playa1258
Best film of all time until its dethroned by the sequel.

quanchi112
Originally posted by playa1258
Best film of all time until its dethroned by the sequel. Must be hard for a dceu guy to admit it.

StiltmanFTW
^ Heh, I was about to say that.

quanchi112
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
^ Heh, I was about to say that. All the shit they talked to come back kissing up to Thanos and the MCU.

BackFire

-Pr-
Originally posted by BackFire
Oh I see. I was speaking monetarily.

My personal preference at this time, probably MCU. I liked Force Awakens and The Last Jedi, but I've really enjoyed the Marvel movies over the last couple of years.

If we're talking just recent years, then yeah, definitely the MCU imo.

quanchi112
Originally posted by -Pr-
If we're talking just recent years, then yeah, definitely the MCU imo. Overall. Totality not just right now.

Josh_Alexander
MCU wrecks OVERALL.

ares834
https://i.redd.it/wvyo9n3fcdv01.jpg

Darth Thor
^ Say what you want about Lucas and the Prequels.. but he/they were full of visual creativity that has had a massive influence on cinema.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by ares834
https://i.redd.it/wvyo9n3fcdv01.jpg Did you even watch the film? Infinity War is NOTHING like Ep. 1. AT ALL. Everything is derivative off everything. If I wanted to take pictures of Star Wars and compare it to something else before it I could. Hell, Wonder Woman was literally just Captain America: First Avengers all over again.

ares834
Haha. It's a stupid joke. You don't have to take it so seriously.

CPT Space Bomb
I'm not saying that Star Wars hasn't been one of the most influential film series of all times, because it has been. But the MCU definitely is it's own brand at this point. There is a trademark humor and look and feel that they all share, even though the themes are different from movie to movie.

-Pr-
Originally posted by quanchi112
Overall. Totality not just right now.

I already posted about that, so either way I'm covered.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Did you even watch the film? Infinity War is NOTHING like Ep. 1. AT ALL. Everything is derivative off everything. If I wanted to take pictures of Star Wars and compare it to something else before it I could. Hell, Wonder Woman was literally just Captain America: First Avengers all over again.

It's just a meme. Relax, bro.

CPT Space Bomb
It's just a meme. Relax, bro. You first.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
You first.

Buy me a drink first...

CPT Space Bomb
Buy me a drink first... Chocolate milk or strawberry?

StiltmanFTW
Both. Let's make it really kinky.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.