CANON: Who is more incompetent: Maul or Grievous

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
The two biggest failures in canon go head to head for who fails the most. Which combatant has more low showings, routinely fails to defeat a less skilled opponent, and would lose to higher tier fighters?

Kurk
Hmm..personally I'd go with Grievous. He's just as arrogant as Maul (which routinely leads to his demise), but he's much more of a tool and far less intelligent.

Maul at least had something going for him with the Shadow Syndicate; albeit not for very long.

Grievous was always a true pawn of Dooku and Sheev. Maul at least gained autonomy.

As combatants, both are versatile enough to contend with higher tier fighters, but Grievous's unorthodox style and computer-assisted fighting abilities all combined with his cybernetics means he can put up with top tier brawlers a little better than Maul.

Who routinely fails to defeat less skilled opponents? Tough one. On one hand we have Grievous losing to gungans, and on the other we have Maul losing to pirates. Maul was downed by a wolf-lion thing while Grievous was physically downed by clone troopers. Grievous has been stalemated by padawans, but at least he didn't lose to them like Maul. This is a very close contest, but I think Maul gets the slight "more pathetic" edge albeit barely.

Galan007
Maul actually amassed a staggering amount of power in a relatively short period of time, tbh. Control of Black Sun, control of the Pyke Syndicate, control of the Hutts, control of Mandalore, and the allegiance of Dathomir. At its peak his 'Shadow Collective' was easily one of the greater powers in the galaxy.

...Then Palpatine happened.

One Big Mob
Has Grevious ever had a full fight where he didn't get a hand or his legs cut/blown off?

Galan007
I mean, he loses appendages so often that his Lair also doubles as a friggin spare parts factory:

https://i.imgur.com/IpGHiWQ.jpg

Zentrex
I'd say Grevious is the bigger failure here, but that's only because the Jedi needed to win in TCW. It's just a plot device, and if you think about it, the fact that Grevious stood around till the end of the Clone Wars and managed to remain the droid general and a feared one at that throughout the clone wars, it's pretty impressive. Even Admiral Trench, who was known to be much more effective in combat (*from what we see on screen) couldn't claim something like that.

So I'd say both of them are pretty good at what they do, just plot makes them seem weaker from time to time.

xPRIMEx
Greivous for sure. And it's sad because he was so badass in OCW

CuckedCurry
Maul. Grievous actually manages to stomp Kenobi in the unfinished Utapau episodes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.