Avengers: Infinity War spoilers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Badabing
It's been a week and spoilers are no longer necessary. Those who haven't seen the movie should avoid posts about Infinity War.

StiltmanFTW
Poor carver...

"Id"
Is he still on suicide watch? Because Thanos sure beat the anger out Hulk.

BruceSkywalker
poor DCEU

Parmaniac
Let the spoiling begin
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ImpressiveSoulfulAnteater-size_restricted.gif

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Let the spoiling begin
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ImpressiveSoulfulAnteater-size_restricted.gif

thumb up

gXKfzQOT1Z4

Sin I AM
hulk will bounce back im hoping. hes been getting embarrassed since slakovia

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Sin I AM
hulk will bounce back im hoping. hes been getting embarrassed since slakovia How?

Sin I AM
How?

how was he embarrassed?

StiltmanFTW
hulk will bounce back im hoping. hes been getting embarrassed since slakovia

Sokovia... not "slakovia", ffs...

You took Slovakia and Sokovia and merged them together? Wtf, Sin?

celeyhyga17
laughing out loud

Sin I AM
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

You took Slovakia and Sokovia and merged them together? Wtf, Sin?

meh...

but hulkbster armor, a holding back thor, had to bfr a giant dog, then thanos and his refusal to fight...hes not as bad as loki but he needs a win

StiltmanFTW
meh...

https://3.imimg.com/data3/UU/VA/MY-16683877/educational-globe-500x500.png

Badabing

You took Slovakia and Sokovia and merged them together? Wtf, Sin? Shut up Stilt! Americans can be bothered to know the spelling of every tiny country in Europe with odd spelled names. sneer

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Badabing
Shut up Stilt! Americans can be bothered to know the spelling of every tiny country in Europe with odd spelled names. sneer

shithole countries

StiltmanFTW
You're mixing reality and fiction up, Sin.

Sounds like an alcohol withdrawal syndrome to me and I know quite something about this.

Badabing
shithole countries https://media.giphy.com/media/EsuAnPHmEej4I/giphy.gif

StiltmanFTW
http://www.bobcesca.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/hillary_temples2c.gif

Badabing
http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/scariest-moments-in-non-horror-movies/i-mockery-raiders-of-lost-ark-face-melt.gif

StiltmanFTW
laughing

Parmaniac
how was he embarrassed? Yeah

Sin I AM
meh...

but hulkbster armor, a holding back thor, had to bfr a giant dog, then thanos and his refusal to fight...hes not as bad as loki but he needs a win

Parmaniac
I'm referring to Avengers 2 not 3

Sin I AM

hulkbuster armor...he wasnt in avengers 3

StiltmanFTW

Tony KO'd Hulk in 2.

With a cheapshot, when Hulk's mind-control got broken, to be fair.

StiltmanFTW
https://tinyurl.com/y7t4thzr

Newjak
Still a good movie. Lived Thanks in it especially when he just was like nope vision you die when u tell you to die

JayDaDon
https://tinyurl.com/y7t4thzr

This is the exact scan that came to mind for me when I first heard the question posed laughing

Bentley
meh...

This is how Batman should be treated everywhere.

Gecko4lif
I cant think of thanos taking stormbreaker to the chest without picturing him as drake

"Why would I wear a vest I expect you to aim for the head"

DarkSaint85
Tony KO'd Hulk in 2.

With a cheapshot, when Hulk's mind-control got broken, to be fair.

Banner himself said the armour beat the Hulk smile

deathslash
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Banner himself said the armour beat the Hulk smile yeah, but banner never clearly remembers when he's the hulk though. Hell, he practically didn't even oppose Thor when he said that he easily beat the hulk.

celeyhyga17
Thor's new pass code in the Quinjet.
"Most powerful Avenger."

Sin I AM
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Thor's new pass code in the Quinjet.
"Most powerful Avenger."

i think banner will probably go wb or something next movie. i find it hard to believe he will be relegated to Loki being his greatest feat unless marv really pushes danvers

psycho gundam
The senate hearing scene in IM2 was better than this movie

Originally posted by Mindset
Come at me.

CosmicComet
I thought Parker's death was ****ing hilarious. lol

-Pr-
Did you guys see that Paltrow spoiled a small (but potentially important) part of Avengers 4? She said in an interview that Pepper is definitely pregnant.

Badabing
Did anyone else read the conspiracies that Loki was actually impersonating Banner/Hulk?

The Nuul
Does this movie rank among your top 5 or 10 for best movies of the year?

I haven't seen it yet

xJLxKing
Bada, I read it but i don't like it.

I don't think Loki is dead. The actor is still young and I don't see why they would kill off a character that is so popular. Hell, I think Marvel figured out how to good Thor movies; using supporting character. I'm sure Loki will be back in the next Thor.

The Nuul, I think the movie rank top 3 this year. In no order
Quiet Place
Ready Player One
Infinity War

It's definitely top 3 marvel movie for me.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by -Pr-
Did you guys see that Paltrow spoiled a small (but potentially important) part of Avengers 4? She said in an interview that Pepper is definitely pregnant.

meh...

Originally posted by xJLxKing
Bada, I read it but i don't like it.

I don't think Loki is dead. The actor is still young and I don't see why they would kill off a character that is so popular. Hell, I think Marvel figured out how to good Thor movies; using supporting character. I'm sure Loki will be back in the next Thor.

The Nuul, I think the movie rank top 3 this year. In no order
Quiet Place
Ready Player One
Infinity War

It's definitely top 3 marvel movie for me.

loki isnt dead imo. im curious what happened to valkyie though.
.i also would have like for tchalla to meet heimdell.

Badabing
Originally posted by The Nuul
Does this movie rank among your top 5 or 10 for best movies of the year?

I haven't seen it yet It's a top 5 Marvel movie imo.

Parmaniac
Do you guys think we get more gods like odin in the next Avengers? Because Heimdal asked for the powers once more and he said AllfatherS (plural)

StiltmanFTW
He probably meant All-Fathers that are busy being dead in Valhalla.

xJLxKing
Probably not. MS pretty much threw everything out with Thor Ragnarok. Hela, Surtur, Fenrir, Odini, Loki, Valkaries..etc

I'm going to take a bet and say that the next Thor movie will take a bit of Siege. The Asgardian will be needing a new home. Odin already hinted where their new home would be (the place he died).

Parmaniac
I was more thinking of Zeus and shit

StiltmanFTW
All-Father term is exclusive to Ass Guard, so no.

The Nuul
Is there a list of whats coming out in the future for mcu?

The Nuul
Nvm... found what I was looking for

Sin I AM
All-Father term is exclusive to Ass Guard, so no.

its also synonymous with skyfather

StiltmanFTW
its also synonymous with skyfather

Yes and no.

All All-Fathers are skyfathers, but not all skyfathers are All-Fathers, as All-Fathers are Norse specific...

Of course, those terms get confused in comics, just like "Hell Lords" (Dormammu shouldn't count as one technically, but he still gets called that anyway).

Thor also asked All-Fathers for help... "give me strength" moment when he was opening that star gate thing. Still doubtful he was getting blessed by anyone outside of the Norse pantheon.

Odin was shown to be able to boost him from the afterlife.

Badabing
https://s9.postimg.cc/dydmjwonz/32231528_2063730116990003_1654867735420600320_n.jpg

SamZED
https://tinyurl.com/y7t4thzr laughing Dude, check your PM. I basically asked the exact same question. Your scan answered it in advance.

If HISHE are going to make a "How it should have ended" they should include a scene about that and one with Doc Strange cutting off Thanos' arm/glove with a portal like he did to one of Thanos' generals earlier in the movie instead of making some elaborate plan that involves Mantis.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by SamZED
laughing Dude, check your PM. I basically asked the exact same question. Your scan answered it in advance.

If HISHE are going to make a "How it should have ended" they should include a scene about that and one with Doc Strange cutting off Thanos' arm/glove with a portal like he did to one of Thanos' generals earlier in the movie instead of making some elaborate plan that involves Mantis.

the mantis plan was fine actually

DarkSaint85
Yeah,it was working, until Quill went berserker.

Not to mention, the movie has a built in HISHE counter, lol. Strange went through 14 million possible plans....and this was the only one that worked.

Sin I AM
Yeah,it was working, until Quill went berserker.

Not to mention, the movie has a built in HISHE counter, lol. Strange went through 14 million possible plans....and this was the only one that worked.

yea i was gonna say that...

SamZED
the mantis plan was fine actually
It was fine, but unnecessary when they could port his hand off. But PIS would prevent that ofcourse.

DarkSaint85
Unless it didn't work.

Basically, IW ended on the equivalent of 'see you later for next month's issue, true believers!'

As Strange said in his last words, it HAD to be that way. Is it going to pay off in some monumental prep feat for Strange? Maybe, maybe not.

But as of now, things are unfinished.

Parmaniac
But as of now, things are unfinished. This would actually be a wonderful way to let the MCU rest in peace, just let Strange deep inside agree with thanos and secretly screw his team mates. Wonderful.

Galan007
Unless it didn't work.

Basically, IW ended on the equivalent of 'see you later for next month's issue, true believers!'

As Strange said in his last words, it HAD to be that way. Is it going to pay off in some monumental prep feat for Strange? Maybe, maybe not.

But as of now, things are unfinished. It's going to be similar to the comics: someone else will obtain the IG and use it to undo everything Thanos did. Strange foresaw this.

Parmaniac
Well that should be obvious, unless you believe they will let entire franchises stay dead for good.

BTW have you read: A walk through hell?

CosmicComet
Peter's death is still hilarious.

Sin I AM
anyone elae think quill was acting ooc? and not just the gamora thing...

SamZED
Quill made me angry. I know it's scipted but i'm stil angry at the character.

Damborgson
Quill is directly responsible for what happened to thr universe. That gauntlet was coming off.

Star Lord is a ****ing retard.

There, off my chest.

deathslash
I feel like you guys are giving Quill an unnecessary amount of hate. Doc Strange said that he looked into thousands of realities and saw only one actual victory. Obviously, Quill's reaction to finding out about Gamora would come up in a very large amount of those realities. Do you guys think Stephen would let Quill stay if he knew what was necessary to win? Obviously, he could have told Peter about Gamora, but he didn't because he needed Quill to overreact at that time; because it's all part of his plan.

Also, what would they have done once the gauntlet was off? Why does it seem like nobody has thought about that?

CosmicComet
TFW you realize Thanos with the gauntlet may get stalemated by Carol Danvers. ew.

Badabing
Originally posted by SamZED
Quill made me angry. I know it's scipted but i'm stil angry at the character. And Quill wouldn't like you when you're angry. durhulk

-Pr-
anyone elae think quill was acting ooc? and not just the gamora thing...

I hate the term, but Quill in a lot of ways is a "man child". He's immature, takes very little seriously, and spends the first two movies reacting to things instinctively rather than in any way rationally.

It makes sense, to me at least, that grief would drive him over the edge, especially with how much he'd come to care for Gamora.

DarkSaint85
Which again, may all be part of Stranges plan.

Even the actions of Quill. Remember, it was his plan originally. Maybe tweaked by the others.

Depends on how fixed futures are, but yeah I can't see Quills reactions being any different in the majority of the 14 million outcomes.

I might be attributing too much to the Time Stone. But until I see how it ends, we can't disregard anything.

Worse case scenario, it's all revealed to be a mind illusion from Mantis lol.

leonidas
lol and i thought the discussion over comic minutiae was hilarious at times... laughing out loud

i thoroughly enjoyed the movie and agree that quill was portrayed as an idiot, but you knew they were going to get close to getting the gauntlet off at some point, and that they would need SOMETHING to happen to prevent it. it was set up pretty well i thought and i thought it was somewhat believable. i thought it was funny that mantis could get thanos to zone out like he did. dude had several gems and still got his a$$ mindraped by mantis. lol

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by leonidas
i thought it was funny that mantis could get thanos to zone out like he did. dude had several gems and still got his a$$ mindraped by mantis. lol

Mantis was able to affect Ego, too...

She may lack the martial arts prowess her comic counterpart possesses, but her actual gimmick is crazy powerful.

Parmaniac
EDIT: What Stilt said

Nibedicus
Finally watched IW. This was bothering me, too. Why did Strange think it was necessary to basically give Thanos back his gauntlet (as he seemed like everything was going as they should be, and he gave up the gem even tho he said he would let Tony and Peter die if it came to it) when they were practically right about to remove it?

I'm thinking that only Thanos could use the current gauntlet, had they removed it he would have killed all of them trying to take it back and delaying him too long would cause too much loss in the Wakandan battle, leaving no heroes left when he does snap his fingers. Strange probably thought that wiping out the universe would strain and damage the gauntlet enough so that they could perhaps get enough heroes together and beat him in the final battle, take the gauntlet and bring the gems to the neutron star forge so that they could make another gauntlet and reverse what Thanos has done. Iunno, that's my thought anyway.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Finally watched IW. This was bothering me, too. Why did Strange think it was necessary to basically give Thanos back his gauntlet (as he seemed like everything was going as they should be, and he gave up the gem even tho he said he would let Tony and Peter die if it came to it) when they were practically right about to remove it?

I'm thinking that only Thanos could use the current gauntlet, had they removed it he would have killed all of them trying to take it back and delaying him too long would cause too much loss in the Wakandan battle, leaving no heroes left when he does snap his fingers. Strange probably thought that wiping out the universe would strain and damage the gauntlet enough so that they could perhaps get enough heroes together and beat him in the final battle, take the gauntlet and bring the gems to the neutron star forge so that they could make another gauntlet and reverse what Thanos has done. Iunno, that's my thought anyway.

If the gauntlet is anything like its comic counterpart, then none of the combatants would be able to wield it properly.

Thanos may be the bad guy, but at least he has the brains and the willpower to use the gauntlet the way he intends to.

Anyone else could be driven crazy by it and do even more damage to the universe. Remember Nebula from comics?

----
So yeah, taking the IG away only sounds like a good plan. The thing is a little like the One Ring from LOTR, if you're not Sauron, it'll mess you up.

Nibedicus
If the gauntlet is anything like its comic counterpart, then none of the combatants would be able to wield it properly.

Thanos may be the bad guy, but at least he has the brains and the willpower to use the gauntlet the way he intends to.

Anyone else could be driven crazy by it and do even more damage to the universe. Remember Nebula from comics?

----
So yeah, taking the IG away only sounds like a good plan. The thing is a little like the One Ring from LOTR, if you're not Sauron, it'll mess you up.

Warlock has wielded it properly in the comics. And I'm thinking him and Captain Marvel will be in the next IW. So them being able to wield the gauntlet along with Thor might be a solid possibility.

Some powerhouses are gonna be there for the sequel. Stormbreaker Thor, Captain Marvel, Adam Warlock, potentially a vibranium+ Iron Man/War Machine, I'm feeling Hulk is gonna have a "reawakening" arc to address his impotence in IW w/c would make him even stronger, an emotionless Vision and maybe a new guardians lineup.

xJLxKing

DarkSaint85
Quill could use the gauntlet and then die

CosmicComet
Nah. Starlord is the GOAT

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Nah. Starlord is the GOAT

He never was?

cdtm
It was ok.

Lot I didn't like about it, thought the first was a lot better. Basically, I think the sum of its parts in individual movies are better, like Guardians of the Galaxy or Iron Man.

I mean, what actually happened? Same thing that happened in Revenge of the Fallen, with the length of the movie dedicated to this big bad.

Marvel movies are strong, because they're about characters. That sex offender Whedon was on the money about that, as was the Ronald D. Moore (Did he rape anyone yet? Give it time)

Avengers: IE was all about the epic. Stop Thanos. Get an axe. Protect Wakanda. It was one set piece after another.

Yeah, it had its character moments, but it wasn't character driven. The whole point of the movie was to set the the next movie, and that's just not something I need to watch again... Not like Iron Man and Stark getting started, or either of the Guardians movies, which is essentially Firefly. Ant Man and Wasp, that looks promising.

I realize I'm probably the only one on earth who feels this way, but this franchise is so strong, and people have been waiting so long for this. Kind of like Galactica Reimagined's finale.. It was terribly flawed, what with Kara Thrace being a magic angel that vanished behind Lee Adams's back, but most people overlooked that and were happy with what they got.

Only thing is, even that show delivered on the characters over plot ending... That's why the plot was nonsensical. It wasn't about how Kara Thrace survived being blown up in a ship, or about who the gods were, or what Earth is. It's about Bill Adama building his log cabin, and saying goodbye to his love before she dies of cancer. Moments like that.

None of those in IW. Just epic, stop the bad guy or people die.

So yeah, it was ok.

Bentley
^ sounds like a fair review. About time someone who is not a rabid fanboy described the movie.

Digi
Interesting take. And I'm usually big on character over spectacle as well. The only reason I'd disagree with cdtm is that he's looking at the movie on its own. I see it as building off of each individual/team movie that preceded it. So the character elements are already in place. Like, Tony doesn't need more development. Everything that's happened to him has arguably led to this movie. Same with Thor, whose character arc is either complete, or close to it. Same with at least half a dozen other characters. Yes, it's big on set pieces. But if you look at it as the penultimate act of the arc that has run throughout ALL MCU movies, I'm not sure that criticism holds up as well.

Bentley
So as long as you're willing to sit through dozens of hours of copy-paste swag movies for millenials you should find it less awful?

Fair trade I guess ermm

Digi
Originally posted by Bentley
So as long as you're willing to sit through dozens of hours of copy-paste swag movies for millenials you should find it less awful?

Fair trade I guess ermm

Lol, I'm not here to argue with taste. I take it you're not a fan of the MCU? The movies aren't high art and can follow a formula at times, yes, but nearly all are entertaining in some way imo, some of them wildly so.

But like, yeah, the understanding is that this is a shared universe, and the movies aren't truly stand-alone even if some can be watched without context. The idea is to watch all of them. If you disagree across the board about their quality, then why concern yourself with IW at all? This is the culmination of many of those preceding arcs. And if you didn't care for them, it's probably not for you.

/srug

StiltmanFTW
Bentley has a baguette stuffed so deep inside him, he couldn't focus on the movie.

CosmicComet
I could watch tom Holland's hamfisted death scene over and over.

So corny. Lol.

StiltmanFTW
It was a tribute to Doctor Who.

CosmicComet
Makes it even less serious.. Lol.

Parmaniac
Bentley is just hurt that Kang hasn't made it into the MCU.

Digi
It was a tribute to Doctor Who.

Originally posted by CosmicComet
Makes it even less serious.. Lol.

Not sure if it was a tribute. There was a single line from DW. But it's also generic enough in this situation that I'm not sure it's an overt homage. I haven't seen any interviews suggesting it is, at least.

Bentley
I guess it's the fact that this goes into full "Harry Potter 8" sequel territory that I don't like the move. Most Marvel movies can be sort of watched on their own without truly losing their essence, the fact that the MCU happens to be a huge movie continuity kind of only makes it worse.

Bentley is just hurt that Kang hasn't made it into the MCU.

And of course this.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Digi
Not sure if it was a tribute. There was a single line from DW. But it's also generic enough in this situation that I'm not sure it's an overt homage. I haven't seen any interviews suggesting it is, at least.

Holland is f*cking British and he had no script for the scene, he was allowed to improvise, afaik.

Digi
Holland is f*cking British and he had no script for the scene, he was allowed to improvise, afaik.

Fair enough, and you might be right, but DW is still a small part of the TV universe, big as it is. If Tony had said "you're fired" to someone in IM2, is it automatically an Apprentice reference?

This seems speculative to me, is all I'm saying. I'd probably say something akin to that line too if I knew I were about to be wiped from existence.

I guess it's the fact that this goes into full "Harry Potter 8" sequel territory that I don't like the move. Most Marvel movies can be sort of watched on their own without truly losing their essence, the fact that the MCU happens to be a huge movie continuity kind of only makes it worse.

Well then yeah, you have 99.99% of all other movies to enjoy. The MCU is quite explicitly building off of its various franchises, much in the same way that big comic events do. That's part of its appeal. Guess it's not for you, which is fine. Not everyone is going to respond in the same way.

Bentley
I don't enjoy any movies, so your argument is terrible ahah

Movie crossovers have existed since forever and even within the MCU they have been done without building a capable self-sufficient product. Arguably IW brings everything that is wrong with straight plot sequels without bringing any of the benefits, since it'll barely affect these franchises. The worse of two worlds thumb up

Digi
I don't enjoy any movies, so your argument is terrible ahah

laughing out loud

Bentley's just here to pee in our Cheerios. Cheers, bud! I hope Kang is the big bad of Phase 4 MCU.

One Big Mob
I finally watched your movie.

It was alright. I liked it. Nothing I felt I needed to watch though, so it was what I expected. You guys acted like I was missing the birth of all the firstborns
Shills shilling movies, eat my anus hair.

Movie Thor>comic Thor though

StiltmanFTW
What happened to your sig, Bran?

One Big Mob
It gave up just like my optimism for this movie blowing me away.

I wasn't even wearing socks and it still couldn't blow them off.

SamZED
Originally posted by SamZED If HISHE are going to make a "How it should have ended" they should include a scene about that and one with Doc Strange cutting off Thanos' arm/glove with a portal like he did to one of Thanos' generals earlier in the movie instead of making some elaborate plan that involves Mantis.
Originally posted by Sin I AM the mantis plan was fine actually
Originally posted by DarkSaint85 Yeah,it was working, until Quill went berserker. Not to mention, the movie has a built in HISHE counter, lol. Strange went through 14 million possible plans....and this was the only one that worked.
Originally posted by Sin I AM yea i was gonna say that...

So much for that HISHE counter. I can see into the future! My scenario goes as their number one option. evil face
NcEbZ_vexA8

staxamillion
i always thought they would kill many of the main characters and then when they were snapped back they could be played by different characters... since the did not dustify captain America I'm thinking not.

thanos should have less trouble maintain the gauntlet with even less heroes to contend with. still should have been more bads in the mix fighting for survival IMO. they'd probably have some kinda cheese where they have to convince him of 'another way' and he hands the gauntlet over

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.