Bravest character in comics

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dareangel
who do you think is truelly the most brave character in comics. a character that presented some special feats of heart

riv6672
https://image.ibb.co/ghePuS/128_EAEFA_3_AB4_4_F28_838_F_CB1869_A85245.jpg

Dareangel
Lol

The Spectre+
superman still deserves this honour.

deathslash
top four imo:

Snake Eyes
Captain America
Spider-man
Batman

StiltmanFTW
The Man Without Fear cool

Stoic
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

True that. Was going to say DD, but I'm thinking that the weakest of all heroes are pretty much the bravest (basically Street level). Green Arrow, DD, Batman, Captain A, Nightwing, Bucky... etc. But then again it becomes extremely subjective when you look at even more powerful ones like Thor, Wonder Woman, Silver Surfer, Superman, Hulk, Namor, Aquaman, etc and raise the threat level to fit their weight class. They show extraordinary amounts of bravery as well. I mean Thor vs Galactus, Wonder Woman vs Darkseid, etc.

One Big Mob
Thor. The guy is always one hit away from being a vegetable or being burned to death in every fight.

Dareangel
Originally posted by One Big Mob
Thor. The guy is always one hit away from being a vegetable or being burned to death in every fight.

Lol true that. the amount of beating thor recieve in every fight and still he keeps going.

Mindship
Dan Turpin.

"In the end, the world didn't need a superman ... just a brave one."
-- Superman

P.S. Still probably the best written line in all of comicdom.

SquallX

tkitna
Captain America

http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/The-Avengers-1963/Issue-214?id=10839#20

http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/The-Avengers-1963/Issue-177?id=10796#11

http://www.toptenz.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/6-part-2.jpg

Dareangel
yeah i think its a toss up between superman and captain america. i dont think there is anything that can scare them

Flyattractor

If you have no Fear, How can you be Brave?

DISQUALIFIED ENTRY!!!!

xJLxKing
Superman
Hal
Steven Rogers

Hal straight up goes in fights that is guaranteed to get him killed.

LordofBrooklyn
1970's Wonder Man.

Simon was constantly in fear of death and yet overcame it time and again to act against The Avengers biggest threats.

cdtm
http://i.imgur.com/bysHYfT.jpg

deathslash

cdtm
They all have main character armor.

Kite Man is just a grown up Charlie Brown who never gets to win, but keeps picking himself up anyways. Guy might be the bravest character in comics.

zopzop
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
1970's Wonder Man.

Simon was constantly in fear of death and yet overcame it time and again to act against The Avengers biggest threats.
thumb up
Loved 70s-80s era Wonder Man. Even his outfits were cool.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by zopzop
thumb up

Wonder Man has some of the best character designs ever.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by cdtm
They all have main character armor.

Kite Man is just a grown up Charlie Brown who never gets to win, but keeps picking himself up anyways. Guy might be the bravest character in comics. Where is Kite Man from?

Supermutant
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-0ViClJelpQw/WLJCsTtiLWI/AAAAAAAABuc/-hS_VE47_AkkUgAI_OStxVgzTdqiG4SdQCJoC/w245-h145-n/tumblr_olop8e907l1utrtino3_250.gif

cdtm
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Where is Kite Man from?

Batman.

SquallX
Originally posted by Supermutant
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-0ViClJelpQw/WLJCsTtiLWI/AAAAAAAABuc/-hS_VE47_AkkUgAI_OStxVgzTdqiG4SdQCJoC/w245-h145-n/tumblr_olop8e907l1utrtino3_250.gif

Comics, movies, animated, Batman is still a narcissist.

deathslash
Originally posted by SquallX
Comics, movies, animated, Batman is still a narcissist. he's not entirely wrong though. There's a very big difference between Batman pissing off Darkseid and Superman pissing off Darkseid. One of them doesn't stand even a snowball's chance in hell of winning and the other does.

-Pr-
That doesn't make Superman any less brave, considering how powerful Darkseid is, and has been portrayed as.

cdtm
Right. And Superman has a ridiculous amount of pressure on him.

Why do you think there's more "evil Supermen" then Batmen? Probably because Batman has a lot less to lose, and isn't literally putting the entire weight of the world on his shoulders. Just look at what it did to him failing to save some Astronauts in Hitman.

Supermans courage isn't about what can happen to him, it's about what can happen to everyone else.

deathslash
Originally posted by -Pr-
That doesn't make Superman any less brave, considering how powerful Darkseid is, and has been portrayed as. erm

one guy uses gas grenades and bat shaped boomerangs. The other can incinerate planets with his heat vision, move planets with his strength, perceive things in attoseconds, and can further amp himself with one of the most common celestial bodies around.

Adam Grimes
Carl Grimes when he tried to raid the saviors by himself. thumb up

riv6672
1970's Wonder Man.

Wonder Man has some of the best character designs ever.

Well said.

-Pr-
Originally posted by deathslash
erm

one guy uses gas grenades and bat shaped boomerangs. The other can incinerate planets with his heat vision, move planets with his strength, perceive things in attoseconds, and can further amp himself with one of the most common celestial bodies around.

And either one of them is still fighting a being that has on occasion dwarfed them both in power, and could kill either of them. If anything it makes Batman just appear more crazy than he already is.

Not to mention that nobody expects Batman to win. There's no pressure on him? Superman HAS to save the day. It's pretty much expected of him. Batman doesn't take personal responsibility for six billion lives, wheres Superman has and does. You can say it's a different kind of bravery, but I find it hard to believe you can say it's any less impressive.

Stoic
Originally posted by zopzop
thumb up

At that time Byrne and Austin could make any character look great.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Where is Kite Man from?

The War of Jokes and Riddles arc, I believe.

Haven't read that yet, but it was good from what I heard.

Well, Batman raping Deathstroke and Deadshot at the same time was a bit too much.

Stoic
That doesn't make Superman any less brave, considering how powerful Darkseid is, and has been portrayed as.

Exactly. When looked at from that perspective, it becomes entirely subjective.

-Pr-

Well, Batman raping Deathstroke and Deadshot at the same time was a bit too much.

I got the trade for Christmas; it's one of the best Batman stories I've read in a while, and it doesn't fall apart towards the end like Court of Owls did.

riv6672
And either one of them is still fighting a being that has on occasion dwarfed them both in power,
Never have i seen a being such as you describe on this site that a dropped mental block or sleep pellet cant take out.

cdtm

Yep. thumb up

I believe he existed before that, but that's the story I had in mind. You actually feel sorry for Charles "Chuck" Brown, who has the most perfect name ever.

Was Deathstroke even Deathstroke during Batmans second year?

Still, it's not all that bad if you consider DS and DS were fighting it out non stop over several DAYS. Even under Wolfman, he let Batman take down Slade via ambush in his own comic (Perhaps he was forced to have them trade wins by editorial, but it happened..)

Eon Blue
Hal Jordan
Steve Rogers
Kal-El

XLR87T3
Thor or Captain America

Logically it should be Green Lantern

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.