Shaak Ti "Tier 9" fake news

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheNuisanceBird
The following is from Jensaarai's Bane VS Luke video:

A user who I assume is a little kid (they're user name is iCarly Rocks lol) has cited this claim for Shaak Ti:

"Mace Windu was second only to Yoda in lightsaber skill but he was closely followed by jedi masters Shaak Ti and Plo Koon who had also reached level 9 of lightsaber combat".

They cited their source as: In the New Essential Guide to Alien Species 2006 reference book.

I don't have the book but I'm pretty sure there isn't such a quote. Even if there is, it goes directly against Gillard's statements.

User Teen Idle also said the following:

"That would be a close fight and I am a huge Anakin fan but I think Shaak Ti would Narrowly pull a victory. She has been described in multiple novels as barely behind Master Windu on the council placing her at number 3 in the running as most powerful Jedi in the Revenge of the Sith time period. As powerful as Anakin is he just doesn't has what it takes to overpower a tank like Shaak Ti."

Ki-Adi Sandwich tried to stop the lunacy:

"There's no source that indicates that the source applies to the Legends continuity. Besides, it is the only source that has claimed that Shaak Ti is even a peer of Mace, never mind Yoda. Even in terms of actual showings, Shaak is far below Mace/Anakin tier opponents. Much like Wizards of the Coast, the source can be counted as an unreliable source.

Physicality:

Shaak Ti has demonstrated a considerable amount of physical strength, when she used the momentum of a Force jump to smash open a Magnaguard's head. In regards to speed; Ti has appeared as a blur from the perspective of Galen Marek, and has enough agility to evade a full parade of Magnaguards.

Anakin has demonstrated enough physical strength to completely completely dominate both Dooku and Kenobi. Dooku has shown enough physical strength to completely bowl over Anakin and incapacitate Obi-Wan Kenobi. Kenobi has shown enough physical strength to best Grievous in hand-to-hand combat.

In terms of speed, Anakin filled Dooku's entire field of vision with blue, and, like Grievous, is faster than Kenobi. Considering that Dooku has shown speed capable on contending with Mace Windu and General Grievous, surpassing Dooku is a very good feat, indeed.

I don't think the edge needs to be explained. And before you say "Dooku is an old man that has no stamina or strength", I would suggest that you re-read the entire duel between Dooku and Anakin, as well as rid the idea of age and physical stature being indicative of what Force augmentation is capable of doing to a person.

Lightsaber capability:

On the contrary to what Evan and Reti would have you believe, Shaak Vs. Galen was a battle of equals. She only point in which she caused any physical damage to him was at the very end of the duel, in which she very nearly stabs her blade through his eye. However, in the process of doing so, she left herself completely exposed to a counterattack, which indicates that it was a desperate move on her part. It should also be noted that Galen was vastly before his apex at the time, with his apex being the Starkiller clone. Considering that Vader is said to be considerably inferior to Anakin at the time of a New Hope, and the Starkiller clone being inferior to Vader at the time, it really is telling on how far below Anakin Shaak Ti really is.

Her performance against the magnaguards is over-hyped, and was rendered as non-canon by Labyrinth of Evil. People seem to forget that Adi Gallia also slew 2 Magnaguards effortlessly, yet she was completely dominated by Grievous. In addition, Magnaguards have also been stated to be easily confused by unusual tactics, and their competence levels vary with status. For example, when Shaak Ti was pitted against an elite Magnaguard, she struggled to beat it, and was left visibly exhausted.

Despite what many people have lead you to believe, it is confirmed that Anakin is a master of all the 7 forms of Lightsaber combat in Dark Lord: The Rise Of Darth Vader, which instantly removes any form of 'advantage' that Shaak has. Against Dooku, Anakin completely dominated the Count for the majority of the duel, despite holding back, but as soon as he went all-out...yeah, you know what happened. Anakin has bested a more evasive opponent of Shaak in the form of Asajj Ventress, which, again, removes any form of advantage that you believed Shaak had before. Like Grievous, Anakin has also pressed Kenobi's defences, which is particularly impressive when you consider that Anakin was exhausted from a lack of food and sleep, and was not in the right state of mind.

Again, the edge does not need explaining.

Force:
Shaak Ti has taken control of the Dark side nexus of Felicia, but it was involuntary, and she did not completely control the Dark side aspect of the planet, though she did take away the nexus. Moreover, she managed to use the Force to manipulate the great Sarlaac of Felucia; using the beast to aid her in her duel with Galen Marek. With the aid of Anakin and Obi-Wan, she was able to hold back the ocean of Kamino.

Anakin has brought down a huge dome with a Force scream, has surpassed both Dooku and Kenobi in Force might, both of which being superior to Shaak Ti; has thrown around Ventress like a ragdoll, and should honestly be the 2nd most powerful Jedi of the time, behind Yoda only. He's also capable of Tutaminis.

Overall conclusion: I have literally seen nothing from Shaak Ti to indicate that she is even a peer of Anakin, never mind an equal/superior. Besides, Anakin has directly been confirmed to be immensely more powerful that Shaak Ti. Shaak lasts 30 seconds at most."

This however, fell on deaf ears.

"I am saying Shaak Ti is better than Anakin overall and that her tactical prowess would no doubt play a role in her victory."

^ Lunacy.

Overall I'm really curious to see that if the quote is real or not and thought I'd give a reminder on how bad the versus community on YouTube can sometimes be.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by TheNuisanceBird
A user who I assume is a little kid (they're user name is iCarly Rocks lol) has cited this claim for Shaak Ti:

"Mace Windu was second only to Yoda in lightsaber skill but he was closely followed by jedi masters Shaak Ti and Plo Koon who had also reached level 9 of lightsaber combat".

They cited their source as: In the New Essential Guide to Alien Species 2006 reference book.

Blatantly fake.

Shaak Ti would likely be tier 7. Anakin is confirmed to be tier 9.

False on all accounts.

However, many sources place Anakin as the most powerful Jedi in the Revenge of the Sith time period. thumb up

Kurk
My god, why are you reading Youtube comments? He needs to be decontaminated immediately!

Selenial
Originally posted by Kurk
My god, why are you reading Youtube comments?

Geistalt
Originally posted by Kurk
He needs to be decontaminated immediately!

Emperordmb
I mean, the thing is it's not argued with a source, the Forcecast have their own tiering shit they push, and their fans gobble it up.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I mean, the thing is it's not argued with a source, the Forcecast have their own tiering shit they push, and their fans gobble it up.

And then there's the Anakin, Fisto, and Mundi VS Kenobi, Koon, and Ti video that's coming out........

Oh dear god.

Selenial
And then there's the Anakin, Fisto, and Mundi VS Kenobi, Koon, and Ti video that's coming out........

Oh dear god.

That's not actually that bad of a matchup tho.

DarthAnt66
I mean, Anakin solos and the inclusion of Fisto and Mundi are insulting, but I guess it could be worse.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I mean, Anakin solos.

Eh, Kenobi would be the only thing stopping him from doing so. He'd finish Shaak Ti off pretty quickly, handle PLO relatively well, and probably just he left with Kenobi which on even ground would be in Anakin's favor.

That's if Anakin can take them down without letting Lenobi become too much of a problem.

DarthAnt66
Obi-Wan only delays the inevitable; he doesn't have the means to conventionally beat Anakin. Even on Mustafar, where Anakin is grossly off-balanced, multiple sources collaborate that Obi-Wan's doing everything he can just to stay alive and hopes that, by drawing out the fight as much as possible, Anakin's hyper-unstable state might make a mistake that he can capitalize on. Obi-Wan knows there's no way he can straight-up defeat Anakin like Anakin did Dooku.

Read your post slightly wrong -- thumb up

Freedon Nadd
Anakin - master of all lightsabre forms and he is beaten by Galen Marek?

I thought lightsabre Masters are supposed to perfect their lightsabre forms to perfection and be unbeatable in combat? 👊🏻👇🏻 🤲🏻

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
Anakin - master of all lightsabre forms and he is beaten by Galen Marek?

I thought lightsabre Masters are supposed to perfect their lightsabre forms to perfection and be unbeatable in combat? 👊🏻👇🏻 🤲🏻

He's not a master of all Forms. Djem So's the big one he's mastered.

ILS
If we had a thread for every time some dumb shit was said on youtube, KMC would permanently come out of life support.

Freedon Nadd
He's not a master of all Forms. Djem So's the big one he's mastered.

Your words, not mine.

DarthAnt66
He didn't write that, lmfao.

IIRC, Nick has said Anakin is a master of all styles though, but will have to hunt it down.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
Your words, not mine.

Doesn't that refer to him as Vader though?

EDIT: Nevermind. That was me providing someone else's response.

Freedon Nadd
Didn't Galen defeat Vader, though?

Darth Thor
^ Anakin would beat Vader.

But as of TFU2, Galen couldnt get the better of Vader anymore.

Geistalt
That was an exhausted Starkiller, tbf.

One Big Mob
Galen only beat Vader in sabers after hitting him so hard with objects it smashed up his suit. Which also happens to be game only which is interesting coming from Nadd, who would never backtrack.

In TFU 2 Vader disarms Galen in lightsabers.

Freedon Nadd
It is a well known fact that Vader has a great resistance to not-based lightning attacks.

Freedon Nadd
And if people believe Luke legitly beat Vader in ROTJ. There you have that too.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by One Big Mob
Galen only beat Vader in sabers after hitting him so hard with objects it smashed up his suit. Which also happens to be game only which is interesting coming from Nadd, who would never backtrack.

In TFU 2 Vader disarms Galen in lightsabers.

In the novelization didn't he disintegrate the saber's with a Force push?

DarthAnt66
Nick has said Anakin is a master of all styles though, but will have to hunt it down.

Not exactly how I remembered it, but:

"Anakin will cover just about every fighting style in Episode III."

LordOfTheLight
Obi-Wan only delays the inevitable; he doesn't have the means to conventionally beat Anakin. Even on Mustafar, where Anakin is grossly off-balanced, multiple sources collaborate that Obi-Wan's doing everything he can just to stay alive and hopes that, by drawing out the fight as much as possible, Anakin's hyper-unstable state might make a mistake that he can capitalize on. Obi-Wan knows there's no way he can straight-up defeat Anakin like Anakin did Dooku.

Read your post slightly wrong -- thumb up

I thought you had Obi Wan being one shotted or stomped by Anakin in a fight? Normal Anakin that is

DarthAnt66
Nothing in my post comments on the ease Anakin difficulty Obi-Wan, just that he does. wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.