Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnid1
So this comes out in less than an hour. The first two reviews came out this morning though both were pulled down. It scored a 9.5/10 and a 92/100. Looks like this is going to be something special.

Your choices in the first game will apparently be reflected in this one so if you played the first on console, it might be worth waiting for the inevitable console release.

LgCTt02KTYg

Nephthys
I'm just finishing off my playthrough of the first game for importing and waiting for the bugs to get fixed before jumping into this.

This seems like it'll be something special though. I admit following the development I was nervous as they kept changing things I liked about the first game, but it seems to have settled into a good place.

Also if anyone needs convincing: You can romance a talking sword. Buy this game.

Jmanghan
Is there a thread for the original game? If not I'm probs gonna make one as I just got the first game.

Surtur
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Is there a thread for the original game? If not I'm probs gonna make one as I just got the first game.

I don't think so, but it's a good game.

Btw if you like the Pillars games you should also check out "Tyranny", it was created by the same people and came out in 2016.

JxonSmholW0

So the game takes place after the villain has already won and you work for him. But you have the option to be able to make a shitload of decisions when you begin the game as to *how* he won. You don't have to do it, but it's an option and it gives you a way of shaping the history of the world. It also has a great magic system.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Surtur
I don't think so, but it's a good game.

Btw if you like the Pillars games you should also check out "Tyranny", it was created by the same people and came out in 2016.

JxonSmholW0

So the game takes place after the villain has already won and you work for him. But you have the option to be able to make a shitload of decisions when you begin the game as to *how* he won. You don't have to do it, but it's an option and it gives you a way of shaping the history of the world. It also has a great magic system. Eh... More a melee combat guy myself.

Robtard
Played PoE and Tyranny, enjoyed both. Have had this one for a while now; haven't played it.

Am playing Pathfinder:Kingmaker (basically D&D 3.5 rules iirc), I'm probably about half way through but I've put in down for weeks now, kinda bored with it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.