No Batman? No problem.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
Luke Cage & Iron Fist set up shop in Gotham.
In each scenario (not a gauntlet) they get hired to bring in the villain. One hour prep fir the H4H.
Can they?

Catwoman
Penguin
Riddler
Joker
Scarecrow
Doctor Death
Bane
Mr. Freeze
Clayface
Poison Ivy

DarkSaint85
Yes to Cat,Penguin and Bane.

No to the others.

riv6672
^^^Sleep pellets > steel hard skin and chi ampage

cdtm
Originally posted by riv6672
Luke Cage & Iron Fist set up shop in Gotham.
In each scenario (not a gauntlet) they get hired to bring in the villain. One hour prep fir the H4H.
Can they?

Catwoman - Wild night involving Cage's Bendis and Danny's Fist.
Penguin - They're probably Gotham fans (As all people of taste are), so ends in an autograph.

Riddler - Jesus, the Danny riddle attempts.. Cage just may KO his buddy himself.

Joker - In all seriousness, Joker Gas is a threat. Iron Fist's Chi could probably handle it, the same way it burns out poisons and stops exotics like the Spider-Man virus..

Scarecrow - Chi beats gas. May get a Cage vs Iron Fist fight out of it, depending on what he's hit with.

Doctor Death - Dunno about him, but let's call it a win.

Bane - Cage could handle him.

Mr. Freeze - Mr. Freeze dies. Suit gets shattered, so yeah... dies.

Clayface - Tricky. He could be pretty tough, judging by the "Bat armor" he formed to hold off mutated Gotham Girl. That's by far the most powerful he's ever been, though, so I'm inclined to call PIS.. Can't see him doing that to, say, Superman.

The team beats him eventually. Chi spam, or getting him wet in the carnage.

Poison Ivy - Not much she can do to Lord Rand. He can nuke the entire battlefield, if plants are an issue, or alternately drain them if Chi (He's absorbed Chi before, and Steel Serpent did the same to drain crowds of people to death. Of course, Danny won't kill people, but plants shouldn't be a problem.)

cdtm
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Yes to Cat,Penguin and Bane.

No to the others.

Kind of hard to beat Danny in terms of exotics. He's nothing if not very versatile.

Poisons, magic, spider-island virus, radiation induced cancer, and a demon possessing Daredevil (Who ignored Ghost Riders hellfire and absorbed him) are a few examples of things his chi neutralized.

DarkSaint85
Not sure how that would help then solve Riddler's puzzles.

Joker gas has taken everyone worth mentioning in the DcU.

As has Poison Ivy.

Scarecrow gas can always work, if not on Danny then on Cage. Although with prep they can easily negate that?

cdtm
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Not sure how that would help then solve Riddler's puzzles.

Joker gas has taken everyone worth mentioning in the DcU.

As has Poison Ivy.

Scarecrow gas can always work, if not on Danny then on Cage. Although with prep they can easily negate that?

DC doesn't really have a plot device like Danny's chi, though.

I know I "wank" the character, but that's because I invested in reading just about any appearance I could get my hands on, and the versatility is what stands out the most, more then even "Fisting a Hulk" or such nonsense.

Again, he did what Ghost Rider couldn't. He affected the beast from Shadowland.

He casually reverses the spider virus in Shang Chi.

His predecessor, Orsan Randall, lays hands on a friends chest and cures a degenerative disease. He chi infuses other people, and they all survive well into their hundreds, only breaking down once Randall dies.

He claimed poison doesn't normally affect him, because his chi simply burns it out. (He was weakened at the time, and therefore WAS affected, but it's an interesting statement.)

His chi cured cancer. Deadpool, with a much better pure healing factor, can't cure cancer.

He BROUGHT HIMSELF BACK TO LIFE. As a ghost, he concentrates on his chi, and crosses over from the land of the dead to the material world (Bringing clothes with him.). On a temperary basis, while his concentration holds out.

Just as crazy, he animated a building. Used it like a Gundam robot to fight a burning, soul ripping sky demon.

I could go on, but the point is his record with exotics is so broad, I feel confident saying he could, say, neutralize Daken's pheromones that makes people think he teleports. Or reverse Jokers gas.

I can't offer proof, obviously, but based on the things his chi HAS done, I don't think it's a stretch.

You've got me on Riddler, though. Cage is pretty sharp, maybe he can bear that load. smile

riv6672
Thanks for the breakdown, cdtm. thumb up

spetznaz
Originally posted by cdtm
DC doesn't really have a plot device like Danny's chi, though.

I know I "wank" the character, but that's because I invested in reading just about any appearance I could get my hands on, and the versatility is what stands out the most, more then even "Fisting a Hulk" or such nonsense.

Again, he did what Ghost Rider couldn't. He affected the beast from Shadowland.

He casually reverses the spider virus in Shang Chi.

His predecessor, Orsan Randall, lays hands on a friends chest and cures a degenerative disease. He chi infuses other people, and they all survive well into their hundreds, only breaking down once Randall dies.

He claimed poison doesn't normally affect him, because his chi simply burns it out. (He was weakened at the time, and therefore WAS affected, but it's an interesting statement.)

His chi cured cancer. Deadpool, with a much better pure healing factor, can't cure cancer.

He BROUGHT HIMSELF BACK TO LIFE. As a ghost, he concentrates on his chi, and crosses over from the land of the dead to the material world (Bringing clothes with him.). On a temperary basis, while his concentration holds out.

Just as crazy, he animated a building. Used it like a Gundam robot to fight a burning, soul ripping sky demon.

I could go on, but the point is his record with exotics is so broad, I feel confident saying he could, say, neutralize Daken's pheromones that makes people think he teleports. Or reverse Jokers gas.

I can't offer proof, obviously, but based on the things his chi HAS done, I don't think it's a stretch.

You've got me on Riddler, though. Cage is pretty sharp, maybe he can bear that load. smile

Very nice. This is the kind of thinking that should be present on the forum.

riv6672
^^^agreed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.