Darth Sidious(Dark Empire) Force drain feat debunked?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Freedon Nadd
If Palpatine never employed Force drain in combat - wouldn't that mean that his Byss drain was the cause/effect of Sith relics, rituals, devices +/or his Dark Side experiments?

Just sayin'...

Azronger
He used Drain in the Plagueis novel

Freedon Nadd
I'm pretty sure he didn't. The fact that he never employed this ability in combat - makes it more logical and convenient.

Trocity
Fail.

Sinious
Originally posted by Trocity
Fail.

Azronger
Fail.

Haschwalth
Fail.

CuckedCurry
Fail.

Geistalt
Fail.

victreebelvictr
i believe he can use it, he didnt use it much for it wasnt his style of figting though. he did not fight with force drain as much like those of traya and nihilus.

Freedon Nadd
Your word means 'Fail'. Given he never employed it in combat - that means two things - he either couldn't perform Force/Life Drain at all or if he did and never used it in combat that shows his poor skills with it. I would choose the first and not the second - because that further proves Sidious' hype getting more and more unreliable.

Galan007
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
If Palpatine never employed Force drain in combat - wouldn't that mean that his Byss drain was the cause/effect of Sith relics, rituals, devices +/or his Dark Side experiments?

Just sayin'... The DE Sourcebook attributes it to his "dark side skill":

https://i.imgur.com/N1Yq3x0.jpg

Azronger
Fail.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by Galan007
The DE Sourcebook attributes it to his "dark side skill":

https://i.imgur.com/N1Yq3x0.jpg

1. Sourcebooks are merely interpretation of events on author's part and since Palpatine never used it in combat, I take it with a grain of salt.

2. It's funny that in the context - it also mentioned Byss. I read the Dark Empire comics, and I'm pretty sure it was stated that he had a deep-rooted connection with the planet itself/or the people. And that those Dark Side energies were leeching off people's lifeforce and, in turn, transfer it to Palpatine.

There is a black-white comic where Palpatine states that the drain of Byss was not attributed to his use of Life-Drain, but with the Force bond he established with the Byss people. And given he is a Dark Side nexus - his presence would leech off their lifeforce. IIRC, it was where he presents Byss to Darth Vader.

Whatever...
Either way, Palpatine's hype is getting slowly under. Happy Dance

victreebelvictr
"Other examples are Exar Kun, the Dark Lord in the time of the Great Sith War, who harnessed Sith and Jedi artifacts on Yavin 4 to enhance his power and drain the entire Massassi species, so that his spirit could endure for more than four thousands of years in the Great Temple; and Galactic Emperor Palpatine, who fed off the inhabitants of his retreat world of Byss collectively with his Dark Side Adepts, although those unfortunates were drained slowly, over a long period of time, rather than consuming the whole world at once. During the Disciples of Ragnos crisis, some of the New Reborn were able to use Force drain as well." ( wookieepdia)

victreebelvictr
palpatine fed off people using it, so you are wrong. palpatine can use it and has, he just chooses to use it not as much as the old sith masters, like ajunta pall.

victreebelvictr
he is probably fairly good at it, just doesnt mean it is his fighting style. what is the point of learning something you will not use? he used his time to learn what matters to him.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by victreebelvictr
"Other examples are Exar Kun, the Dark Lord in the time of the Great Sith War, who harnessed Sith and Jedi artifacts on Yavin 4 to enhance his power and drain the entire Massassi species, so that his spirit could endure for more than four thousands of years in the Great Temple; and Galactic Emperor Palpatine, who fed off the inhabitants of his retreat world of Byss collectively with his Dark Side Adepts, although those unfortunates were drained slowly, over a long period of time, rather than consuming the whole world at once. During the Disciples of Ragnos crisis, some of the New Reborn were able to use Force drain as well." ( wookieepdia)

You do realize that Wookieepedia is not an official source? And they stated they are not always right.
Besides that, it just mentions the drain part not how the whole draining process was performed.

This, really, means nothing.

snoke123
yes, palpatine has drain of strength, but he never used it in combat because:
1 - He thought he had no need
2- plot

victreebelvictr
wookiepedia is one of the best sources you can find, none other have enough information.

victreebelvictr
palpatine's technique in battle has no need of force drain, it is too aggressive. more lightning, telekinesis.

Azronger
Unfortunately Wookieepedia is not a source, victre. It's a fan website where literally anyone can write whatever they want.

Freedon Nadd
palpatine's technique in battle has no need of force drain, it is too aggressive. more lightning, telekinesis.

laughing out loud

What a justification you have just found due to your inability to prove me wrong.

Why wouldn't he use it?

victreebelvictr
sorry, master but it is a cite that once something is found that is untrue, it will be deleted in a week or less, they have become more controlled on that nowadays.

victreebelvictr
well, i find it more descriptive and correct then old republic wiki. more information.

victreebelvictr
the pint is, he knows how to use it fairly well, not as well as things like force lightning and telekinesis, but i do not your try to degrade sidious will work here either nadd. good try though, you brought up some good points.

victreebelvictr
i also find that none other source has as much information on wookieepdia on unknown sith like marka ragnos, i believe i could check my facts on their, it is the best cite for unknowns. or, if you have any sources you can tell me about that would be nice.

Azronger
sorry, master but it is a cite that once something is found that is untrue, it will be deleted in a week or less, they have become more controlled on that nowadays.

I am aware it has attentive moderators, but that doesn't change the fact that it is still not an official source. It would be the same using someone random dude's words as evidence. Wookiepedia is a great resource since it can direct you to actual sources, but it in itself is not a source.

So basically, you can absolutely use Wookieepedia to get information, but don't ever directly cite the website directly. Instead, go to the source the article itself is based on, since they most of the time contain the same information, but the difference is that one is official and the other isn't.

Freedon Nadd
Azronger is right on this.
Happy Dance
For once, we agree.

Freedon Nadd
the pint is, he knows how to use it fairly well, not as well as things like force lightning and telekinesis, but i do not your try to degrade sidious will work here either nadd. good try though, you brought up some good points.

This really makes not sense at all. If you really accept the idea that Sidious hasn't mastered to perfection every Dark Side ability per certain sources which state that - then you outrightly 'lowball' his Force mastery.

So, what's gonna be:
1. Sidious being unable to use Force drain(on a wide planetary scale) without external aids
2. Sidious can use Force drain, but he isn't enough Force mastered to use it to its 'full power'
??????????

Either way, Sidious is 'lowballed' again. Happy Dance

victreebelvictr
Oh, I never thought of that, thank you master.

Geistalt
There is a third option:

That Draining a planet to death didn't aid his agenda.

DarthPlaguis12

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.