Kenobi: A Star Wars Story

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BruceSkywalker
TMZ of all places has confirmed, but I have seen this on other websites..

http://www.tmz.com/2018/05/17/obi-wan-kenobi-star-wars-story-movie-plot-director-production/

CPT Space Bomb
Great, another chance for Disney to shit on an OT character.

Honestly they need to make movies about OTHER people. Star Wars is supposed to be about galaxies far far away, and yet we can't seem to escape movies about the same groups of people over and over and over.

BackFire
If Ewan McGregor isn't Obi Wan it's worthless. If he is, awesome.

Surtur
Ehhh. Good lord...Disney is gonna milk this shit for all its worth.

Impediment

quanchi112

Surtur
Holy shit I just say LEAVE THIS ERA ALONE.

Go to the future, go to the past. Go anywhere else but the god damn timeline we've seen over and over.

playa1258
Seems Kennedy is afraid to go away from the OT characters.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
TMZ of all places has confirmed, but I have seen this on other websites..

http://www.tmz.com/2018/05/17/obi-wan-kenobi-star-wars-story-movie-plot-director-production/

Would be looking forward for this.

Surtur
Next we'll have a drama about Grand Moff Tarkins high school years.

Josh_Alexander

steverules_2
Originally posted by Surtur

The Death Star club!

Kazenji
Originally posted by Surtur

Already been covered in a novel

as for this movie looking forward to it only if Ewan reprises the role.

Darth Thor
It Ewan reprises the role, then its more of a PT spin off than an OT one, which would be slightly different at least.

Still would wait for Lucasfilm to confirm this. I suspect a lot will depend on how well Solo does.

Tzeentch
Please god, no.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Darth Thor
It Ewan reprises the role, then its more of a PT spin off than an OT one, which would be slightly different at least.

Still would wait for Lucasfilm to confirm this. I suspect a lot will depend on how well Solo does.

Well he looking older compared to when he was doing Episode 3 and its to be set before Episode 4.

riv6672

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Kazenji
Well he looking older compared to when he was doing Episode 3 and its to be set before Episode 4.

I get that, but Ewans Obi-Wan was different to Sir Alecs. He made the character his own.

But yeah OT setting so likely a mix of both. Still if this happens it would be the first proper link the Disney films have made to the Prequels.

If it doesnt have Ewan then it will just be more OT nostalgia.

steverules_2
Man I hope we get a Jar Jar Binks spin off film some time soon

riv6672
Originally posted by steverules_2
Man I hope we get a Jar Jar Binks spin off film some time soon
Surprised they didnt try an EWOKS type cartoon back in 99.

ares834

Darth Thor
And he cant meet Vader so there isnt much that can challenge him either.

steverules_2
Unless they go with maul when he went after Luke but I highly doubt it

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by steverules_2
Unless they go with maul when he went after Luke but I highly doubt it

Would be interesting.

Who knows...maybe another Darth Vader vs Kenobi scene.

steverules_2

StiltmanFTW

NemeBro
The only way this could be decent is if it revealed that the bitter and lonely Obi-Wan, in exchanged for his protection against the Empire and Tusken Raiders, forced Owen Lars to let him phuck his wife whenever he was in the mood, and it was Owen finally standing up to Obi and refusing to be bullied anymore that led to his being killed by the Empire.

Emperordmb
If they made this they'd probably shoehorn in a gay love story.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Emperordmb
If they made this they'd probably shoehorn in a gay love story. Are you one of the sissies freaking out over Lando liking big alien cock too?

Robtard
Originally posted by NemeBro
Are you one of the sissies freaking out over Lando liking big alien cock too?

First I heard of this so I googled, apparently he's pansexual and the closeted-gay-hyper-hetero-sphere is indeed freaking out over it. They're so fragile; they should just come out of the closet already.

Flyattractor
YOu would enjoy watching them "Clash Lightsabers" a bit to much I would think Robbie.

Kazenji
Hope they decide to do a Max Rebo movie next.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Great, another chance for Disney to shit on an OT character.

Honestly they need to make movies about OTHER people. Star Wars is supposed to be about galaxies far far away, and yet we can't seem to escape movies about the same groups of people over and over and over. Two words:

Rogue One.

Kazenji
^ Still had Vader in it and people still complained.

Darth Thor
I liked how R1 was all new characters whilst still working off OT nostalgia.

Vader was just a cool cameo and Tarkin was a nice surprise.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Kazenji
^ Still had Vader in it and people still complained.

Well they had to have him after his lack lustre appearance in ROTS

He had a nice showing in R1

Flyattractor
I think they just need to go and make the Star Wars Movie Multiple Generations have been yearning for for GENERATIONS!

The Exiting Adventures of MOUSE DROID!!!!!!!!!

https://unusuallytallstories.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/mouse-droid.jpg

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Flyattractor
I think they just need to go and make the Star Wars Movie Multiple Generations have been yearning for for GENERATIONS!

The Exiting Adventures of MOUSE DROID!!!!!!!!!

https://unusuallytallstories.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/mouse-droid.jpg

laughing out loud

I'd watch that.

Flyattractor
Yes. We find out that Mouse Droid and R2 Struck up a friend ship during the FIRST MOVIE and it was really Mouse Droid that turned off the shields around the exhaust vent that allowed the torpedo to hit the reactor. None of this Inbuilt BULLSHIT Nonsense that Rogue One tried to barf out on us. Mouse Droid. The Rebellions Most Unsung Hero!

MAKE THIS MOVIE DISNEY!!!!!!!!!!!

cdtm
I have a bad feeling about this one, but I'm an optimist at heart, so here's hoping.

StiltmanFTW
https://tinyurl.com/y9qasw8z

CPT Space Bomb
This would be funny if it weren't true. I mean, she won't stoop to that level but she wants to.

Anyway, I DEFINITELY am not wanting a Kathleen Kennedy Obi-Wan movie. Hell. No.

NemeBro
Probably the most boring criticism of the new Star Wars films is the anti-SJW hysteria.

The Last Jedi wasn't bad strictly because of SJW bullshit, it was bad because roughly thirty minutes were devoted to a subplot that was boring and ultimately meaningless, Holdo and Poe's conflict saw both characters being unreasonably stupid and autistic, and Luke's character was incinerated from orbit by a satellite laser. Probably more, but those are the three main problems that come to mind. Oh, and the plot hole that was created by a three kilometer starship being rammed into another starship in hyperspace.

Khazra Reborn
I'd rather they retread old ground with a Kenobi movie, than suffer another second of Rey's bullshit story.

Flyattractor
Maybe Obi Wan just Transgenderd for a while....Jedi can do that ya know cause the Force is Feminine after all.

NotAllThatEvil
I've enjoyed the spun offs much more than the sequel trilogy. I'm actually pretty excited.

DarthPlaguis12

quanchi112
Last Jedi is the best Star Wars film to date.

Flyattractor
And you wonder why People don't take your opinion seriously.

quanchi112

DarthPlaguis12

quanchi112

DarthPlaguis12
Snoke is dead lol

quanchi112
Originally posted by DarthPlaguis12
Snoke is dead lol So is Sidious, Yoda, Vader, Windu, Luke, etc. Snoke is still the most powerful. I win. wink

BruceSkywalker
not sure if is truthful but Mcgregor might be returning like i've always suspected...

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/968232/Star-Wars-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-movie-Ewan-McGregor-release-date-plot-force-ghost

Flyattractor
Originally posted by quanchi112
So is Sidious, Yoda, Vader, Windu, Luke, etc. Snoke is still the most powerful. I win. wink

Yoda's Space Lightening destroying the Force Library Tree was more impressive then anything Snoke did.

Heck Yoda lifted an X-Wing in ESB. Only thing Snoke did was toss around a couple of skinny white kids.

Yoda > Snoke.

eek!

quanchi112

Darth Thor
Still clinging onto Snoke?

Lets face facts. You were looking for a bad guy > Palpatine and Vader so you jumped onto Snoke before even seeing him.

You picked wrong boy. Just accept it. Snoke was useless. Didnt even have a lightsaber. Depended on his guards for protection. All he could do was rag doll Padawans.

We all know if Ep. 9 introduces Snokes Master you will jump Wagon in a second.

quanchi112

Darth Thor
Oh yeah Unrivaled. Thats why he got cleaved in 2 by his own apprentice laughing out loud

quanchi112
Oh yeah Unrivaled. Thats why he got cleaved in 2 by his own apprentice laughing out loud In a direct fight. Anyone droppingg their guard can be attacked. Sidious was beaten directly by Windu. Snoke is at top of the force users list.

DarthPlaguis12

quanchi112

StiltmanFTW
True, but at least Shiv had actual fights on screen...

Flyattractor

quanchi112

quanchi112
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Now that makes sense.. You are on a Permenent Menstaral Cycle. rolling on floor laughing You are the one who is always upset and triggered.

Flyattractor
You are the one who is always upset and triggered.

There you go with your Reality Issues again.

smokin'

quanchi112

DarthPlaguis12

quanchi112

StiltmanFTW
https://tinyurl.com/y8xzzv7y

DarthPlaguis12

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
https://tinyurl.com/y8xzzv7y

laughing out loud

Darth Thor
ABC news has reported the report about no more spin off films is inaccurate:

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/GMA/Culture/multiple-films-star-wars-pipeline-sources/story?id=56057987

quanchi112

Flyattractor
Welcome to Shill Wars.

-Pr-

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/GMA/Culture/multiple-films-star-wars-pipeline-sources/story?id=56057987

Good. It's not fair to punish Solo for the mess TLJ/Johnson/Kennedy caused.

Kazenji
Ewan better return for the the role otherwise i got no interest in the Kenobi movie.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by -Pr-

Precisely thumb up

DarthPlaguis12
I imagine if they kept with the trend the boycott would gain traction

Esau Cairn
Oh yeah a humiliated and handless Vader killed Sidious as he howled all the way to his death.

And yet you're ignoring that NO HANDS were used to kill Snoke.

Sidious may have howled but Snoke died with his tongue hanging out.

Like this stick out tongue

StiltmanFTW

Precisely thumb up

Agreed thumb up Great news.

StiltmanFTW
https://tinyurl.com/ycwagxwd

quanchi112
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
And yet you're ignoring that NO HANDS were used to kill Snoke.

Sidious may have howled but Snoke died with his tongue hanging out.

Like this stick out tongue The force, a quick light saber strike is greater than someone slowly overpowering you and throwing your cackling ass to your doom. Screaming like a girl unable to defend yourself to your just handily beaten apprentice is terrible.

Snoke is far too powerful for Sidious to be worthy of a legitimate discussion.

quanchi112

Darth Thor
^ Stop making excuses.

If the brand name was strong enough then it would have at least made as much as Ant-Man or Dr. Strange.

Fact is the New Trilogy is ruining the brand.

Of course Episode 9 should clear 1 Bill. No ones claiming the Star Wars brand has completely been destroyed now Lol. Just that Disney Star Wars is clearly losing customers in masses.

Hopefully they get back on track but Episode 9 wont be the saving grace.

StiltmanFTW
Yeah, Episode IX will be just about damage control.

Flyattractor
Anything that ends the Reign of Round Head Johnson and Feminazi Kennedy will be a Good Thing. Now if only Disney don't replace them with another couple of SJW Shit Heads Star Wars can be Excellent Again.

roughrider
There are multiple factors in trying to determine what's made Solo underperform (production difficulties made public, hardcore losers who won't accept any other actor playing Han Solo, some not accepting Alden Ehrenreich in particular etc.) but ultimately to me I think it was the late May release date in such crowded territory, and because it's only 6 months removed from The Last Jedi. We've been in new territory since 2015, getting one new Star Wars movie a year - using the Marvel Studios template of making 'sidequels' rather than direct sequels - but I think you have to give audiences a least a year to get hungry for more Star Wars. Let Marvel dominate the spring & summer season, and let Star Wars movies dominate the Christmas season should be the lesson going forward. Solo did look like a finished product to me, getting through the abrupt change in directors (and not looking like it went through a studio editing blender like say, Suicide Squad) but releasing it six months later would've changed this story.

Darth Thor
And yet Marvel can have Black Panther making 1.3billion (out grossed the last main episodic Star Wars) and literally 2months later have their big gun franchise make $2billion.

So sure it was a poor release date, but we cant pretend it has nothing to do with the current strength/weakness of the brand.

-Pr-
I'd say it's a mixture of all kinds of things. The marketing didn't help either. At no point did I ever feel like they were saying "this is the next big Star Wars movie, you should go see it" like they did with Rogue One.

dynamix
agreed. it didnt have the same "event" feel like the other SW flicks. At least it didn't to me lol

Darth Thor
Sure the timing was off. But it should have still grossed somewhere North of $700mill. (R1 made over a billion). Or at least Half of R1!

No the franchise has clearly taken a hit somewhere for this to fail this badly.

quanchi112

quanchi112

roughrider
And yet Marvel can have Black Panther making 1.3billion (out grossed the last main episodic Star Wars) and literally 2months later have their big gun franchise make $2billion.

So sure it was a poor release date, but we cant pretend it has nothing to do with the current strength/weakness of the brand.

This is two years in a row that Memorial Day hasn't been a huge weekend box office. Alien: Covenant won the weekend last year with a weak $36 million. This tentpole date is losing it's shine.

quanchi112

Flyattractor
Only because Disney Ruined Star Wars with their own Idiocy. And Phase 4 has all the appearances of them getting ready to unleash that same Idiocy on the MCU.

dadudemon

Kazenji
Seems Lucas wanted to explore the more microbiotic side of the force for this trilogy if it did happened.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by dadudemon

It's not Star Wars anymore. It's missing Lucas' creative touch. Needs his story telling again.

I think Disney though making Star Wars better than Lucas was gonna be some easy job.

Their arrogance has been put down a notch now.

Esau Cairn

It's not Star Wars anymore. It's missing Lucas' creative touch. Needs his story telling again.

I don't know how much faith to put into Lucas's creative touch.

I had a friend who worked on the lighting rigs for Phantom, Sith & Clones when they were being filmed here in Sydney.

Suffice to say, he's worked on many films & travelled the world with many touring bands.

He said working with Lucas was probably the most boring experience he's ever had. Lucas chose the green screen approach because he was literally writing the movies as they were being filmed.

Lucas couldn't have elaborate props made because he didn't know where the story was going. Both actors & film crew were both bored & frustrated waiting on Lucas to write the next scene each day.

-Pr-

dadudemon
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
I don't know how much faith to put into Lucas's creative touch.

I had a friend who worked on the lighting rigs for Phantom, Sith & Clones when they were being filmed here in Sydney.

Suffice to say, he's worked on many films & travelled the world with many touring bands.

He said working with Lucas was probably the most boring experience he's ever had. Lucas chose the green screen approach because he was literally writing the movies as they were being filmed.

Lucas couldn't have elaborate props made because he didn't know where the story was going. Both actors & film crew were both bored & frustrated waiting on Lucas to write the next scene each day.

I never bought those stories that Lucas was making it up as he went along.

Regardless, if that really was the case, it's pretty bad that Lucas could make a far better story while making it up as he went along than Disney could with years of prep and a massive panel of "writers and creative input." That's just sad as hell.

I'd take winging Lucas any day of the week over Disney's bullshit. We bitched about the Prequels (not me) and drove him to the point of wanting to sell. Now look what happened.

Darth Thor
^ thumb up

BackFire
I never bought those stories that Lucas was making it up as he went along.

Regardless, if that really was the case, it's pretty bad that Lucas could make a far better story while making it up as he went along than Disney could with years of prep and a massive panel of "writers and creative input." That's just sad as hell.

I'd take winging Lucas any day of the week over Disney's bullshit. We bitched about the Prequels (not me) and drove him to the point of wanting to sell. Now look what happened.

It seems Disney is also making it up as they go along, one of the greatest flaws of the sequel trilogy (and this is coming from someone who likes them quite a bit) is that there was no overarching plan in place for where the trilogy was going, wanting to leave it mostly up to each individual director of each movie to decide and just kinda wing it as they went. They should have found a director/writer to helm the entire series so that the visions of each movie would at least be consistent, instead of the visions of the consecutive movies conflicting with each other as Ryan Johnson and JJ Abrams obviously had very different ideas of what they wanted to do.

Also, the sequel trilogy could have used a lot more world-building, a lot more. As bad and poorly paced/acted/scripted/planned/conceived as the PT is, they have some very solid world-building in place that makes the eventual payoff in Revenge of the Sith work well and makes it the saving grace of the PT, imo.

roughrider
Instead of George Lucas, they have a story group - four people at Lucasfilm that includes Pablo Hildago and Kiri Hart - that is charting out all continuity past, present and future. So yes, I do think they have a plan about where they are going. Some people are just complaining because they can't see the plan right now. The Marvel movies, we've known for several years they were building to an adaption of The Infinity War storyline, so everyone knew what they were getting.

I was 11 years old in 1980, and The Empire Strikes Back was the beginning of lifelong fandom for me, even more than the first Star Wars was as I was just 8 at the time. The film is such a sacred cow now, it's hard to believe that there was controversy & mixed reactions that would mirror The Last Jedi 37 years later. There was no internet, so I wasn't aware of any fan outrage among the teens and 20 year old's over it's content; did they complain about spending their money on such a downer of a film that ends on a cliffhanger that wouldn't get resolved for years? Did they complain that George Lucas seemed to change his mind about where the story was going with the Darth Vader revelations? History tells us they did.

So maybe history will show us that The Last Jedi was the necessary medicine for all Star Wars fans to take, for the stories to proceed beyond the Skywalker family. And the complainers will be shown to be short sighted in their 'outrage'. Again.

Darth Thor
^ Damn thats some serious faith you have in Lucasfilm.

Not sure theyve earned it though.

ares834
Not to mention it makes no sense. "Short sighted"? Bullshit. Maybe they are moving to some big plan and maybe they are moving past they Skywalker saga but in doing so they absolutely sabotaged Luke. That's unforgivable.

roughrider
I liked The Last Jedi, but if I could put my finger on just one complaint, it's that it felt like it was just the other half of The Force Awakens, rather than a separate film. We shouldn't have to wait 2-3 years for a sequel that just picks up right where the last one just left us. There's a tradition in the Star Wars movies that they are separated by lots of time, from 6 months in one case to as much as 30 years in another. Seeing films made back to back and getting released in consecutive years (LOTR, The Hobbit, Marvel's Infinity War) we have an expectation it will pick up where the last film just left us. I want to see time changing things as we get set in for a new film. If Rian Johnson wanted to change the formula that much, that's what the anthology films are for, as they get to divert a bit from the formula. But he wanted to have that scene of Luke taking the lightsaber only to toss it over his shoulder and stalk off, subverting our expectations. He's from the Joss Whedon school of setting up tropes only to turn them on their heads. The movie was a little too dedicated to that, so when it happened again when Rey's parentage some fans felt cheated.

But then, I thought Darth Vader was lying to Luke back in 1980, so it can all get reversed again by the next movie.

roughrider
The DCEU at Warner Bros. and the Prometheus series at Fox, those are examples of studios heads and filmmakers who don't know what they are doing, with all the abrupt course corrections and conflicting agendas making the films haphazard and inconsistent.

quanchi112

quanchi112
Please don't twist my words to suit your weird agendas. You said the same thing as I did, chooch. You just lack the backbone to tell me how he needs to hear it to shake the delusions off of him.

quanchi112

Darth Thor
The fanboys you talk of is half the audience they lost Lol

quanchi112

Flyattractor
Works for me.

Darth Thor
The frigging numbers show it dumb ass. Lol

How dumb can you be asking me to back it up. The figures are there to see.

Stop being like Golgo putting all your hopes in the next film now. The next one might turn things around. Thats completely separate.

Solo did a change for the better by acknowledging the Prequels and Extended Canon in a big way. Hopefully they carry on with that. Will have to wait for the first trailer.

As of right now though, theyve been rapidly losing the audience, because the quality of the main Episodic films has been poor.

quanchi112

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.