Thanos is better than Darth Vader...told you so

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112

WolvesofBabylon
Haha...how pathetic

quanchi112
Originally posted by WolvesofBabylon
Haha...how pathetic The article was spot on. Best cinematic villain ever in my wise opinion.

BackFire
I think Vader is kind of an overrated villain. There are a lot of Villains I think are better than Vader.

For my money, the best villain in cinema (not counting my boy Leatherface) is either Nurse Ratched from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest or Amon Goeth from Schindler's List.

dynamix
heath Joker would put up a good consideration

Flyattractor
I seriuosly think that Quanny needs to seek medical/psychological Help for this level of Shill Fan Boy He is reaching.

It it Very Very Sad.

For Him. I personally love to see him devolve in this insanity.

quanchi112

SquallX
Jesus Christ man!

Vader and Thanos are two different villains, they are as different as night is to day. Their goals and motivations were also completely different.

You need to grow up.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by SquallX
Jesus Christ man!

Vader and Thanos are two different villains, they are as different as night is to day. Their goals and motivations were also completely different.

You need to grow up. You smell.

MF DELPH
The issue with Vader now is that since they fleshed out his backstory in those terrible prequels the mystery and menace he possessed was lost. As far as cinematic villains are concerned though Anton Chigurh or Hannibal Lecter were better than either Vader or Thanos. Also Tom Berenger as Sgt. Barnes in Platoon.

WolvesofBabylon
Originally posted by MF DELPH
The issue with Vader now is that since they fleshed out his backstory in those terrible prequels the mystery and menace he possessed was lost. As far as cinematic villains are concerned though Anton Chigurh or Hannibal Lecter were better than either Vader or Thanos. Also Tom Berenger as Sgt. Barnes in Platoon.

Well the guy in your Sig is quite possibly the meanest, prettiest, baddest mofo low down around this town.

CPT Space Bomb
There are many villains better than Thanos at least with their on screen representation. He was great sure, but best ever? No. I'd still take Vader over Thanos. That being said if we get more information on his motivations in AV4 and he gets a few more movies to shine in then he is in consideration.

WolvesofBabylon
In regards to this topic. I would pick all of these Villains ahead of Vader or Thanos

Hannibal Lectar
Agent Smith
Ledger Joker
John Doe from Seven
Voldemort
Commodus from Gladiator

Vader top 10. Thanos top 30 probably. Maybe it is the fact he is CGI and I know what he did will be undone that lessens him for me. Despite my thoughts about how powerful he is, I really did enjoy Thanos.

CPT Space Bomb
In regards to this topic. I would pick all of these Villains ahead of Vader or Thanos

Hannibal Lectar
Agent Smith
Ledger Joker
John Doe from Seven
Voldemort
Commodus from Gladiator

Vader top 10. Thanos top 30 probably. Maybe it is the fact he is CGI and I know what he did will be undone that lessens him for me. Despite my thoughts about how powerful he is, I really did enjoy Thanos. Agent Smith is one of my all time favorites. Hugo Weaving did a phenomenal job and really was one of the only reasons to watch Matrix 2 and 3.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/26/28/c4/2628c4379f36e9f0b6cea492f727b6a3.gif

MF DELPH
Well the guy in your Sig is quite possibly the meanest, prettiest, baddest mofo low down around this town.

Sho nuff.

Robtard
Whomever wrote that article has daddy issues, serious ones.

Having said that, Vader > Thanos, but there's far greater cinematic villains than Vader and Thanos; which possess more menace and depth. Several have already been mentioned in this thread alone.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by MF DELPH
The issue with Vader now is that since they fleshed out his backstory in those terrible prequels the mystery and menace he possessed was lost. As far as cinematic villains are concerned though Anton Chigurh or Hannibal Lecter were better than either Vader or Thanos. Also Tom Berenger as Sgt. Barnes in Platoon. Good point Delph and much as I love Thanos, I'm not sure about Dionne.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Robtard
Whomever wrote that article has daddy issues, serious ones.

Having said that, Vader > Thanos, but there's far greater cinematic villains than Vader and Thanos; which possess more menace and depth. Several have already been mentioned in this thread alone. Kaiser Suzi, is always going to be greater than both.

quanchi112

Surtur
LOL@this thread. Great satire.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Surtur
LOL@this thread. Great satire. Lol at your life.

Surtur
Originally posted by quanchi112
Lol at your life.

Need a tissue? It's okay. Thanos can beat up Darth Vader in a fight.

quanchi112

Surtur
True indeed.

Putinbot1
Quan is greater than 99% of all posters, this is a fact!

Flyattractor
You are a QUan Alt ...Aint you!?

That explains so, so MUCH!

quanchi112
Originally posted by Flyattractor
You are a QUan Alt ...Aint you!?

That explains so, so MUCH! You are a loser but we already knew that.

Flyattractor
You are a loser but we already knew that.

And you are a sad unhappy Sad Fan Boy Parasite.

A Fanasite if you will.

But I do enjoy your misery.

Especially since you bring it upon yourself.

eek!

quanchi112

Flyattractor
Best Film in your life? So its all going to go down hill from here then?

Yeah. Probably so.

SquallX
IW was the best film of your life?

How many movies have you watched?

quanchi112
Best Film in your life? So its all going to go down hill from here then?

Yeah. Probably so. You do realize the sequel is coming out next year. laughing out loud

quanchi112
IW was the best film of your life?

How many movies have you watched? More than you but do me a favor and name three films you see as better than IW.

SquallX
More than you but do me a favor and name three films you see as better than IW.

laughing

The Unsusual Suspects
The Thing 80s
Akira anime
13 ronin japanese flick
Godfather 1 and 2
Citizen Kane
Apocalypse Now
The island of Dr Moreau
Goodfellas
Phycho- anything with hickcock

I can keep going

quanchi112

BackFire
Is The Unusual Suspects the spiritual successor to The Usual Suspects?

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by BackFire
Is The Unusual Suspects the spiritual successor to The Usual Suspects? laughing Good catch

Robtard

The Thing 80s

thumb up

My favorite scifi-horror film of all time

Darkstorm Zero
Hmm, I'm not going to get into the whole Thanos vs Darth Vader schtick, but in terms of who is a better villain... Well that depends on the criteria of what makes a villain.

To me, both characters start off as a powerful evil force, and later we see that they have reasons, and can be made to be sympathetic. For Anakin, the PT shows us a lot of what happened to make him out to be the knob helmet wearing menace he was in the OT.

In Thanos, we see his motivations are not self serving in the end. He was motivated by the fear of an old nightmare replaying itself. Thanos lost everything he cared about on his homeworld, even if he was ostracized as an anomaly, all because his people didn't heed his warning and take his advice. He hesitated in going through with his plan due to morality, and in his mind, he paid the price. He wasn't willing to compromise on the safety of any new home he built afterward, and his determination was such that he was willing to sacrifice one he loved and cherished to see it through when he threw Gamorah off the sacrificial cliff to get the Soul Gem. Now, I'm not sure if that is depth building for most people or notm, but at the very least he's not kiddie pool shallow like some villains I could mention... (Doomsday for one had all the depth of a pissed in kiddie pool)

SquallX

Kazenji
If we're going just by the OT films, Then yeah Vader can be a bit too simple. Its all the expanded material that adds to his character.

BackFire

Bentley

SquallX
Originally posted by BackFire
Yeah, I'm the idiot for actually knowing the name of the movie you like.

Yeah, because yourre acting like a little ***** because someone misspell something over the Internet.

Grow the **** up man.

Darkstorm Zero
Yeah, because yourre acting like a little ***** because someone misspell something over the Internet.

Grow the **** up man.

Wow, dude, may wanna calm down before you pull a Surt...

BackFire

Grow the **** up man.

I made an extremely light-hearted and harmless joke and you're having an infantile meltdown.

I don't think I'm the one that needs to grow up, here.

quanchi112

quanchi112

Grow the **** up man. Another dc fan melting down.

Impediment

quanchi112

Flyattractor
Darth Vader Blew up a Planet that killed Billions. That didn't get Magically Undone like what Thanos Did.

Vader is a Better Villain.

Impediment
Darth Vader Blew up a Planet that killed Billions. That didn't get Magically Undone like what Thanos Did.

Vader is a Better Villain.

Technically, Grand Moff Tarkin gave the order to the Imperial gunners destroy Alderaan.

But that is still insignificant next to the power of the Force.

quanchi112

DarthPlaguis12
In power yes as an icon no...

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Impediment
Technically, Grand Moff Tarkin gave the order to the Imperial gunners destroy Alderaan.

But that is still insignificant next to the power of the Force.

So Even a one shot like Tarkin is a Better Villain then Thanos.

Good Point.

quanchi112

Flyattractor
Only in your pathetic little fanboy shill mind skippy.

quanchi112

Flyattractor
Didn't really SEE Thanos DO anything. Other then have a really crappy fight with Hulk. Other then that He just stood around and acted Very Purple.

quanchi112

Flyattractor
Thanos wasn't Gamora's Dad. He didn't Make Her. He STOLE HER!
So He didn't even MAN UP in that way either.

So Vader has got that one over him has well.

quanchi112

Flyattractor
And Thanos will probably Puss out with his "Guilt Complexe" at the End of Inf War 2.

So yeah. Vader. Better Character ALL Around.

I agree with you Quanster.

CPT Space Bomb
Vader is better to me but both are great. Vader is just iconic and way more beloved than Thanos is. Maybe the generation growing up with the MCU, Thanos will be their "Vader"...but Darth was the original badass cinema villain that set the standard for everyone else to come.

quanchi112

Flyattractor
I could say "Did He" cause all I recall seeing is a few people on Earth Only go Poof. GOTG2 did that much Better then Inf War, but I am sure that Inf War 2 will notice that mistake and fix that problem. Lots of Probs for Inf War to Fix but they have plenty of time to do that....Ahh Rewrites and reshoots. Where would Disney be with out those...
rolling on floor laughing

quanchi112

Flyattractor
Nope. They didn't do it better then GOTG 2.

Inf War Failed on that part.

That and many others.

quanchi112

DarthPlaguis12

Flyattractor
How dare you bring FACTS to a Quany Rant!

quanchi112

quanchi112

Surtur

DarthPlaguis12
True which makes him...the bigger villain, you proved my point

DarthPlaguis12
Originally posted by Surtur
Man I bet those younglings were momentarily all relieved when they saw Anakin come in. "He's gonna save us!" they probably thought.

Too funny.

Master Skywalker what are we going to do? big grin

quanchi112
Originally posted by DarthPlaguis12
True which makes him...the bigger villain, you proved my point Nah, as you said he felt the Jedi were evil. You undercut your own point. Vader was lost, confused, and hoodwinked by his master Sidious. He bent the knee like a *****.

Surtur
Master Skywalker what are we going to do? big grin

Youngling: I'm sure as the chosen one whatever you decide will be the best choice of action Master!

*Anakin activates lightsaber*

V8XTpCwicwE

DarthPlaguis12
You said he redeemed himself just a few posts ago 😅

Are you retarded?

quanchi112
You said he redeemed himself just a few posts ago 😅

Are you retarded? At the end when he pussed out and chose his son. He was too weak to do it. He was lost and found his moral compass again because Luke owns him emotionally. He was right. Luke crushed him and turned him back to the light.

Estacado
Vader was cool as phuck when he got introduced he is still great but very very overrated.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.