Boba Fett

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Disney has tasked James Mangold (Logan, Copland) to direct. Also rumored to be writing is Simon Kinberg

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-boba-fett-movie-is-happening-james-mangold-direct-1113273

Thoughts?

BruceSkywalker
DAMMIT Carthage you beat me to this lol

this could be really good

steverules_2
I love Boba Fett so this could be good, he needs a good showing after his death in ROTJ...wonder if he's still being digested...

ares834
Good choice for the director.... But still, Boba Fett? Meh.

CPT Space Bomb
Here we go again.....I'll pass

NemeBro
All these directors passing up on a Jabba movie for these boring phucks smh

Nemesis X
Originally posted by NemeBro
All these directors passing up on a Porg movie for these boring phucks smh

Fixed.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by carthage
Disney has tasked James Mangold (Logan, Copland) to direct. Also rumored to be writing is Simon Kinberg

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-boba-fett-movie-is-happening-james-mangold-direct-1113273

Thoughts?

Wow this has so much future!!!!

The life of Boba Fett! From when his father got decapitated to where he was eaten by a sand worm! Sure there is a lot of story telling to be done!

laughing out loud

LIKE ****ING SERIOUSLY!!!?

Josh_Alexander
Then they are gonna make a prequel about Jango Fett! SUREE.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Wow this has so much future!!!!

The life of Boba Fett! From when his father got decapitated to where he was eaten by a sand worm! Sure there is a lot of story telling to be done!

laughing out loud

It's got so much character potential, Quan's surely gonna back this villain!

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Esau Cairn

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Josh_Alexander

Biggest Star Wars Villain ever HAHAHA. Quan will go crazy.

Esau Cairn
A villain that got defeated by some dude who was frozen in carbonite for a year & couldn't see properly...

Quan's gonna go all cray cray that it wasn't a fair fight!

wakkawakkawakka
Wow Disney managed to make me not care about an upcoming Star Wars movie...twice.

Good job Disney

quanchi112
It's got so much character potential, Quan's surely gonna back this villain! Nah, Snoke and Maul. Try and keeps. Boba Fett is trash like you.

quanchi112

dynamix
i never understood the big deal about this dude. pass.

quanchi112
Nor does Boba make the cut. Fetts are rather lame.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by quanchi112
Nah, Snoke and Maul.

Likes his "bad men" cut off at the waist & interchangeable. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Kazenji
Wonder if there'll be trouble behind the scenes of this spin-off, As the other two have had that too

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander

laughing out loud

Yeah....like that's the actual end of Fett, when the Sarlacc pit takes years to digest someone he could easily get out.

Impediment

quanchi112

BruceSkywalker

Josh_Alexander
Nor does Boba make the cut. Fetts are rather lame.

Very well. I shall take note of it.

Quincy
Anyone else hoping we don't get "YOUNG Boba Fett?"

Like give me post sarlacc. Or like one of those dual narratives with past and present.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Quincy

Like give me post sarlacc.

I'd be up for that

puts that back into canon.

Darth Thor
Doubt this will happen after Solos poor performance.

quanchi112

Kurk
This is what Disney should've gone with over Solo. A film about a mysterious, bad-ass character over some loud-mouth high-school jock would've performed much better.

Darth Thor
https://youtu.be/yXuWJsMQcVc

ares834
Jesus. I had no clue it did that badly.

Quincy
I'm sure Boba Fett will still go through. One flick doing poorly isn't going to send thim into a tailspin.

With a director like Mangold signed on, it's already got some traction. If they let him get real "LOGAN" with it? That's a box office win written all over it.

Kazenji
As long as there's no trouble with the production, Like what happened with Rogue One & Solo.

quanchi112

Flyattractor
Its not even the Head of Kathleen they should be calling for.
It is the guy in charge of ACTUALLY Making the Movies. That Ryan Johnson Twittard is Largely responsible for this bullshit.

Make it go back to just being SW Movies. Not SJW Movies.

Happy Dance

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Quincy
I'm sure Boba Fett will still go through. One flick doing poorly isn't going to send thim into a tailspin.

With a director like Mangold signed on, it's already got some traction. If they let him get real "LOGAN" with it? That's a box office win written all over it.

So basically do what the DCEU is doing.

Just ignore the fan complaints, and ignore the massive drop in box office and carry on as if everything is perfect.

quanchi112

Flyattractor

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-qquujepIT_g/Ul6CtMIisdI/AAAAAAAAXR4/6e8wYIR-kIU/s1600/pot-and-kettke.jpg

quanchi112
Broken record.

Flyattractor
Yes. You are, but it is one of your only charming (ish) qualities.

quanchi112

Flyattractor
Then that would mean that you are just full of (ish)!!!!!!

quanchi112
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Then that would mean that you are just full of (ish)!!!!!! Nah.

Flyattractor
Yup.

quanchi112
Yup. Nah x2.

Flyattractor
Yup X
https://www.cinematographe.it/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/avengers-infinity-war-logo-696x392.jpg

Flyattractor
Ok . To get back on the ACTUAL Thread Topic and away from Mr Negativity Panties... If you want to do a Proper Boba Fett Movie. They need to follow this Movies Example.

http://resizing.flixster.com/jTfQvo1Z2SVy9yP0g4XRGAEi6D0=/799x1142/dkpu1ddg7pbsk.cloudfront.net/movie/11/16/82/11168284_ori.jpg

Boba should NEVER Take off his Helmet, and be ALL About the JOB, and Nothing Else.

Thats it.

Now back to the normal Mr. Negativity Panties Nonsense which I am sure is to follow.

BruceSkywalker

BruceSkywalker

Quincy

quanchi112
Yup X
https://www.cinematographe.it/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/avengers-infinity-war-logo-696x392.jpg] Infinity War wins.

Flyattractor
Wow. You didn't get the Joke. Which Inf War is also kind of.

quanchi112
Wow. You didn't get the Joke. Which Inf War is also kind of. Infinity War rules.

Darth Thor
@ Quincy: Yeah critics have been too kind to Disney Star Wars thus far.

TLJ dropped 700million from TFAs box office. Thats nothing to jump up and down about. Heck it got beaten by Black Panther.

And now Solo has literally flopped. Which like Justice League is the result of fans just losing interest more and more with each film.

So the comparison is fair, and only differentiated by critic scores, as if critics get the final say on these things. They dont. The audiences do.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Darth Thor

And now Solo has literally flopped. Which like Justice League is the result of fans just losing interest more and more with each film.

It might have flopped but it made the most money for a movie for memorial day weekend.

DarthPlaguis12

quanchi112

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Kazenji
It might have flopped but it made the most money for a movie for memorial day weekend.

And that was your SHILL Moment of the day.. eek!

Kazenji
This film is being reported as 100% Dead, Says Kathleen Kennedy.

StiltmanFTW
sad

Kazenji
Goddamn idiots online that blasted the Solo, Their fault.

Nemesis X
Diverting the resources from the Boba Fett movie to the Mandalorian series that's gonna be on Disney's streaming app but don't worry, they say the main character will be inspired by Boba! In other words, you didn't care about the character, only his functions. Go ask Capcom where that award winning philosophy got them in their last fighting game.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
sad

there is always......The Mandalorian

quanchi112
Will these Star Wars crybabies ever stop sobbing over their entitlements not being delivered.

Nemesis X
Goddamn idiots online that blasted the Solo, Their fault.

Or Solo was released too close to Infinity War. Just throwing that possibility out there.

Darth Thor
This film is being reported as 100% Dead, Says Kathleen Kennedy.

Was kind of a given once The Mandalorian was announced.

But damn I would have loved to have seen Young Solo and Boba crossover.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Or Solo was released too close to Infinity War. Just throwing that possibility out there.

Doubt that was it

I can understand if it was released in the same week as Infinity War but it wasn't.

Darth Thor
It was because it was released just a few months after the whole Last Jedi backlash. It needed more breathing space.

Plus they reshot the whole movie half way through so the budget went crazy high.

Was not because audiences are not interested in Spin Off films lol. Given Rogue One made a Billion dollars.

Kazenji
It was because it was released just a few months after the whole Last Jedi backlash. It needed more breathing space.

I remember Hamill was saying something like that too earlier on in the year, The release was too soon about now would've been good for the release.

Darth Thor

Impediment
Not every Star Wars character needs a solo film.

JFC, Disney is over-milking Star Wars.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Impediment

wouldn't you milk it lol...

besides I wouldn't be at all surprised if Boba appears on the tv show

Bashar Teg
member boba fett?

Darth Thor
^ Lol

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Impediment

Very True. Star Wars used to be something Special and Epic.

Now its just another Pile of Meh.

"Wanna see the new Wars Movie" Meh Sure maybe got nothing better to do"

THE EPIC LEGEND CONTINUES!!

Thanks Disney.

Kazenji
Despite the Han Solo movie being good, I would've liked to have seen this Boba Fett movie alot more but oh well.

BackFire
The only spinoff film I want to see is a Obi Wan Kenobi film with Ewan McGregor. Don't give a shit about any of the rest.

Flyattractor
I have no Faith in Disney Wars current Inept regime. Star Wars is DEAD! Try NOT!!!!!!!!!

Darth Thor
Originally posted by BackFire
The only spinoff film I want to see is a Obi Wan Kenobi film with Ewan McGregor. Don't give a shit about any of the rest.

Well looks like theyre cancelling all of them after Solos failure.

Lucasfilm are as retarded as the WB execs in charge of DC films.

BruceSkywalker

that could be announced once episode 9 is done

quanchi112
Well looks like theyre cancelling all of them after Solos failure.

Lucasfilm are as retarded as the WB execs in charge of DC films. Do not ever compare Lucasfilm to that dumpster fire in charge of the old dceu again. One misstep but I always said solo sucked ass. I am right as per the norm.

Flyattractor
Star Wars Movies do make the DCEU look competent at this point.

quanchi112
Star Wars Movies do make the DCEU look competent at this point. Every film made 1 billion at the least save solo the dceu has not even sniffed 1 billion. Facts, loser.

Flyattractor
You enjoy the smell of others.

quanchi112
You enjoy the smell of others. As usual my facts decimate your feelings.

https://media.giphy.com/media/l2JJOhaiTmwJSYaVG/giphy.gif

Darth Thor
Do not ever compare Lucasfilm to that dumpster fire in charge of the old dceu again. One misstep but I always said solo sucked ass. I am right as per the norm.

They are the same.

And no its no just 1 misstep laughing out loud

1 misstep doesnt lead to a flop Lmao.

quanchi112
They are the same.

1 misstep doesnt lead to a flop Lmao. Prove it. Filmsflop all the time on their own merit. Every film made over a billion save one but you dared to compare it to the dceu. Your feelings do not matter. Facts do and Star Wars has made a lot of money at the box office save solo. Episode 9 will slap your Disney hating ass in the face.

Darth Thor
Because Star Wars was always a bigger franchise than DC you Doofus!

Did BvS flop? Nope. Did Suicide Squad flop? Nope.

It took a few stinkers for the DCEU to flop, so it would obviously take more than 1 film for a franchise that starts at $2Billion you moron.

You have already been called out on the Apoc vs Black Order thread for being a Disney cock sucker, so stop making an ass out of yourself.

Flyattractor
This is just Quanchigoopoo doing ins Flip Flop on the Billion Dollar Mark. He has already done this. BVS DIDN't Make a BILLION! It Flopped! Venom has made 500 Million It is a SUPER SUCCESS!!!!!

The Turmoil He creates in himself is actually more fun to watch then most of the movies he talks about.

quanchi112
Because Star Wars was always a bigger franchise than DC you Doofus!

Did BvS flop? Nope. Did Suicide Squad flop? Nope.

It took a few stinkers for the DCEU to flop, so it would obviously take more than 1 film for a franchise that starts at $2Billion you moron.

You have already been called out on the Apoc vs Black Order thread for being a Disney cock sucker, so stop making an ass out of yourself. Not with Solo you idiot. No brand is full proof. Disheycrsxked 2 billion for ****s sake and a billion in all save Solo so do not compare it to the shit bad dceu. I know you hate Star Wars and the newer films but man try to make it less obvious in the future.

No, they did not but Justice League did. They did not even smell a billion. The film you said dud terrible made 1.3 billion which is not a flop either. You just sunk your own battleship.

Ant Man did not make close to a billion after the 2 billion Infinity War because different films matter. Solo was a bad idea and by your points episode 9 will flop. I offered a billion dollar bet but you balked like when you enter a room with a female. Your confidence just exits your body and you are paralyzed with fear.

Leave other threads out of this. I am well known as the MCUs and Thanos biggest fan unlike you the guy who hates Disney across the board.

Darth Thor
Stop harping on like a maniac.

TLJs drop from TFA was just terrible. You think if Avengers 4 makes 1.3bill that will be considered some great success? Hell no.

Heck Jurassic World 2 only dropped from 1.7bill to 1.3bill. JW2 for Gods sake had a massively smaller drop. Made almost as much as TLJ. Except no one was all hyped to see what happens in JW2. It was just a filler in story for a trilogy.

And then Solo did not even make 500million. Venoms blown Solo out of the park. Every DCEU film has as well.

So if you stop sucking up to Disney for a second you might see some sense.

And you know Avengers 4 will make over 1.6bill but you aint willing to bet those kinda numbers on Episode 9.

quanchi112
Stop harping on like a maniac.

TLJs drop from TFA was just terrible. You think if Avengers 4 makes 1.3bill that will be considered some great success? Hell no.

Heck Jurassic World 2 only dropped from 1.7bill to 1.3bill. JW2 for Gods sake had a massively smaller drop. Made almost as much as TLJ. Except no one was all hyped to see what happens in JW2. It was just a filler in story for a trilogy.

And then Solo did not even make 500million. Venoms blown Solo out of the park. Every DCEU film has as well.

So if you stop sucking up to Disney for a second you might see some sense.

And you know Avengers 4 will make over 1.6bill but you aint willing to bet those kinda numbers on Episode 9. TFA was after a ten year Star Wars drought. No one expected it to replicate the kind of money. Did it fall below expectations, sure. I have said all of this before but when you are cornered you ignore context and misrepresent my position.

Completely different discussion. MCU is the best. You said Lucasfilm is just like the nuts running the dceu. You are insane. Look at the numbers of the films and compare them to the totality against the totality of the dceu. It is not ****ing close. Mcu has the best leadership and Star Wars has made mistakes sure but their quality is leaps and bounds better than the dceu. I believe Kathy is a bad star wars leader but all the blame cannot be left at her feet.

So even jw dipped but somehow you give it a pass. See this is typical of you. You throw your perception as if it matters. I do not care about your garbage opinion.

Yes, solo bombed. I acknowledged that so quit acting like this is some point I failed against. Solo was a bad idea from the start. No one gave a ****. It showed.

Episode 9 will bounce back. You think otherwise and that the sky is falling. You will be wrong and I will rub this into your face when it drops.

smile

Bashar Teg
turns out i liked solo. go figure

BackFire
They are the same.

1 misstep doesnt lead to a flop Lmao.

A lot of things can lead to a flop.

1. The vocal crowd that loathed TLJ

2. A sudden saturation of Star Wars films, which prior to Disney had always been event films with long downtime between releases. This sudden saturation removed some of the "prestige" that came with the franchise up until this point, and the excitement.

3. Solo simply not being a story that needed to be told and evidently one that not many people really cared to hear. It was just not a very interesting premise and was probably the wrong character based prequel film to start with.

Any one of these things could lead to Solo underperforming, all three combined led to it being the flop that it was, with 2 and 3 being the largest contributors, imo.

quanchi112

2. A sudden saturation of Star Wars films, which prior to Disney had always been event films with long downtime between releases. This sudden saturation removed some of the "prestige" that came with the franchise up until this point, and the excitement.

3. Solo simply not being a story that needed to be told and evidently one that not many people really cared to hear. It was just not a very interesting premise and was probably the wrong character based prequel film to start with.

Any one of these things could lead to Solo underperforming, all three combined led to it being the flop that it was, with 2 and 3 being the largest contributors, imo. thumb up

Darth Thor

Any one of these things could lead to Solo underperforming, all three combined led to it being the flop that it was, with 2 and 3 being the largest contributors, imo.

OR Maybe the New Trilogy just hasnt been that loved.

Given TLJ massively underperformed compared to TFA, right before Solo flopped, that seems to be the case.

If the brand is strong audiences will give new films a shot, no matter what they are. Solo is an iconic character and his film flopped. Whereas Marvel can put out Ant-Man and it will easily gross 500million.

Theres simply no good excuse for Solo flopping. Disney/Lucasfilm is 100% to blame for denting the brand.

BackFire
I think you're underselling TLJ's box office results, it did not underperform, and if it did it wasn't by very much. If anything, TFA overperformed because it was the first new Star Wars film in a decade and had pretty unprecedented levels of hype attached to it. TLJ was never going to match those numbers. Its drop off is on similar levels as Empire Strikes Back was to the original Star Wars.

If you want to compare it to Marvel, then let's look at how TLJ compared domestically to Infinity war. It only made about $50 million less than Infinity War in America, that's in no way a bad showing. Comparing worldwide numbers between Marvel and Star Wars is apples to oranges because Star Wars generally does not do well in China, which is a huge market, whereas Avengers movies make gangbuster money over there.

Solo's failures should obviously be placed on Disney, as they are responsible for greenlighting the film and advertising it and all that, but to place them on the prior movies in the franchise is poor reasoning. That may be a part of it, but I've seen no evidence to support it outside of the confusion of correlation with causation.

It's all conjecture, though. If the brand is truly damaged then we'll know it with how Episode IX does. Solo's failure may just be an anomaly because of poor planning or any other of the various possible reasons. If IX fails, then I would agree that the brand is in trouble. One relatively thoughtless spin off doing badly isn't going to convince me of that, though.

BruceSkywalker

I think you're underselling TLJ's box office results, it did not underperform, and if it did it wasn't by very much. If anything, TFA overperformed because it was the first new Star Wars film in a decade and had pretty unprecedented levels of hype attached to it. TLJ was never going to match those numbers. Its drop off is on similar levels as Empire Strikes Back was to the original Star Wars.

If you want to compare it to Marvel, then let's look at how TLJ compared domestically to Infinity war. It only made about $50 million less than Infinity War in America, that's in no way a bad showing. Comparing worldwide numbers between Marvel and Star Wars is apples to oranges because Star Wars generally does not do well in China, which is a huge market, whereas Avengers movies make gangbuster money over there.

Solo's failures should obviously be placed on Disney, as they are responsible for greenlighting the film and advertising it and all that, but to place them on the prior movies in the franchise is poor reasoning. That may be a part of it, but I've seen no evidence to support it outside of the confusion of correlation with causation.

It's all conjecture, though. If the brand is truly damaged then we'll know it with how Episode IX does. Solo's failure may just be an anomaly because of poor planning or any other of the various possible reasons. If IX fails, then I would agree that the brand is in trouble. One relatively thoughtless spin off doing badly isn't going to convince me of that, though.

spot on Backfire

Darth Thor

It didn't underperform? Are you serious? Do you think if an Avengers movie grossed $1.3bill then that wouldn't be an underperformance? It would have been considered so even before Infinity War. Heck it barely made more than Jurassic World 2. Jurassic World 2 which wasn't an essential part of the new Jurassic Trilogy, wasn't a direct sequel to a cliffhanger ending and the Jurassic new movies were never even sold as a trilogy. Yet JW2 dropped from 1.6/1.7bill to the same sort of numbers as TLJ.

TLJ did not need to match TFA numbers, but to go down from a $2billion franchise to well under a $1.5billion franchise is just a massive drop off.

I think it's being kind of disingenuous to compare to Star Wars films from 30 years back instead of comparing with current $1.5billion-$2billion mega franchises. The movie sequel industry was very different back then with sequels rarely outperforming the original.

Some films do better domestic, others do better internationally. Star Wars has always had a much larger domestic to international ratio than normal. Which is why we compare worldwide and not just domestic or just international numbers.

As for China the New Trilogy is doing much better there now than the Prequels ever did, and still the Prequels were making close to the Billion mark almost 2 decades ago now. So Star Wars films still making a Billion worldwide now is nothing to be amazed over tbh.

That said even domestically, TLJ is known for having the lowest domestic box office multiplier for any Star Wars film to date. So again, nothing to be overly proud of, and another sign the franchise has been dented.

Again Solo is an iconic Star Wars character. And a strong brand will not just flop like that, even with a characters who are not known.

We have to ask why Solo flopped, yet a direct spin off to ANH featuring Tarkin and Vader (the latter being the highlight) grossed a Billion.

I'm a numbers guy by profession, so all I'm doing is putting the numbers and facts together, first TLJ's massive drop, then just a few months later Solo's terrible flop. Putting it together clearly doesn't look good even ignoring the online hate.

Well of course there's conjecture. But the numbers are facts.

I'm not expecting Episode 9 to flop, but I don't think it passing the Billion mark is some huge success either.

I do not think the franchise has been destroyed. It's too big for that. But I definitely believe it's been dented, and the numbers back me up on that.

BackFire
No I don't think it did underperform by any substantial degree. Maybe a bit, maybe it should have made 1.4 or 1.5 billion, but that's not all that much of a difference compared to 1.35 or whatever TLJ ended up making.

You keep comparing it to Avengers but like I said that's an apples and oranges comparison, Avengers simply has a broader global audience that acts as a cushion for any potential wavering of any individual nation. For instance, Age of Ultron made almost $200 million less than the first Avengers movie in the states, but ended up making nearly as much globally because of support in China and what not. Same is true for Jurassic World. The second one made about $250 million less than the first in the states, but still did very well globally because of its popularity in China.

Comparing how this trilogy is doing with how previous Star Wars trilogies have done is not disingenuous, no more so than comparing it to a completely different franchise with a much wider global audience and pretending that is some valid benchmark. There is simply an undeniable pattern with Star Wars trilogies. And that pattern is a significant drop in numbers between the first in the second film in each trilogy. This is also true for the prequel trilogy. So as far as I can tell, this sequel trilogy is just following the same trend as the other trilogies in the franchise.

What is a domestic box office multiplier? Is that like adjusted for inflation? Because if so TLJ beats out Eps 2 and 3.

Solo is an iconic Star Wars character that is largely identified as a specific actor - Harrison Ford, not the kid who played him in the sequel. No brand is immune from making a mistake, or making a movie that people just don't want to see. That doesn't inherently mean the brand is damaged or dented or whatever you want to say, maybe the movie just wasn't interesting. I enjoyed TLJ a great deal, I enjoyed all the previous Disney Star Wars movies to date. But I didn't see Solo in theaters, it didn't have anything to do with the brand, I just didn't find the premise interesting so I figured I'd wait until it came out for home release and rent it for a dollar.

Indeed, the numbers are fact, and the numbers of TLJ are in line with the numbers of the other second films in the other two Star Wars trilogies.

For the record, I think Episode IX making a billion dollars would be a flop. I think it will probably end up at the 1.3-1.5 billion mark, probably closer to 1.5 billion.

Darth Thor
I havent just compared it to Avengers though. Ive compared it to Jurassic World as well, thats 2 massive sci-fi/fantasy franchises out in the same years.

The OT was 3 decades ago lol. Completely different time period for cinema, box office and sequels. But hey, Even when you compare to the prequels (same franchise) just over a decade ago, neither the drop off or the box office multiplier look good. Especially so given the cliffhanger TFA ended on. Btw, do you even have the numbers ANH and ESB originally made? Because I do not.

Again, TFA worldwide not only made more than Infinity War, but Massively more than the other Avenger films, and Massively more Jurassic World. So the worldwide comparison is completely fair.

If TLJ made 1.6-1.7bill this conversation would not even be happening. 1.5bill would have been a bit on the lower side, but then you could have had the argument that TFA simply overperformed.

But TLJ made just slightly more than JW2. JW1 didnt even end on a big cliffhanger. The first JW was never even sold as a new trilogy.

Put all that together with Solo flopping just months later, and its pretty damning evidence that the franchise has been dented (for now at least). And again this is ignoring all the hate, and just looking at the numbers.

You have conjecture on your side whereas I have the numbers. The numbers do not lie, hey are just fact.

Darth Thor
^ Btw Ive checked the current numbers for ANH and ESB, and the drop off still wasnt as large as TLJ.

So unless the original figures showed something different, the faulty comparison (IMO), is still a fail.

Worst drop off ever for a Star Wars film, with the worst box office multiplier, and followed right after by a flop. It would be naeive to think nothing has gone wrong there. And again thats just looking at the numbers and ignoring the hate.

BackFire
Yes, and in both those cases China acts as a cushion that Star Wars just doesn't have.

No, you are wrong. The drop off is pretty close with the prequels actually.

Phantom Menace - Domestic: 475 million roughly. World Wide 1.027 billion

Attack of the Cones - Domeestic: 311 million roughly. World Wide 650 million.

TLJ is pretty in line with that, same with Empire. Btw Boxofficemojo is where I'm getting the numbers from, they have the numbers available for the OT as well. All follow the same trend. No conjecture needed, just those numbers you say you like so much.

BackFire
Empire Strikes Back made about 70% of what Star Wars made worldwide and about 63% of what it made domestically, adjusted for inflation that number drops to 55%

AotC made about 63% of what Phantom Menace made worldwide and about 65% of what it made domestically, adjusted for inflation that domestic number drops to 59%.

TLJ made about 64% of what TFA made worldwide and about 66% of what it made domestically, adjusted for inflation about 62.5% domestic.

So no, unless my numbers are wrong (which they may be, math is not my strong suit), aside from Solo's bomb, nothing has gone wrong, the drop from TFA to TLJ is pretty in line with the rest of the franchise, as the numbers show. Obviously, Disney made some kind of error with Solo, but you assigning blame to previous films and then pretending like that is not conjecture is laughable.

quanchi112
Yes, and in both those cases China acts as a cushion that Star Wars just doesn't have.

No, you are wrong. The drop off is pretty close with the prequels actually.

Phantom Menace - Domestic: 475 million roughly. World Wide 1.027 billion

Attack of the Cones - Domeestic: 311 million roughly. World Wide 650 million.

TLJ is pretty in line with that, same with Empire. Btw Boxofficemojo is where I'm getting the numbers from, they have the numbers available for the OT as well. All follow the same trend. No conjecture needed, just those numbers you say you like so much. thumb up

Anyone who expected TLJ to compete with TFA numbers is an idiot tbh. Did it fall below expectations sure but it cruised past 1 billion and grossed the most money out of 2017. D. Thor is massively biased and rarely ever looks the context of any situation when his feelings are involved.

quanchi112
Empire Strikes Back made about 70% of what Star Wars made worldwide and about 63% of what it made domestically, adjusted for inflation that number drops to 55%

AotC made about 63% of what Phantom Menace made worldwide and about 65% of what it made domestically, adjusted for inflation that domestic number drops to 59%.

TLJ made about 64% of what TFA made worldwide and about 66% of what it made domestically, adjusted for inflation about 62.5% domestic.

So no, unless my numbers are wrong (which they may be, math is not my strong suit), aside from Solo's bomb, nothing has gone wrong, the drop from TFA to TLJ is pretty in line with the rest of the franchise, as the numbers show. Obviously, Disney made some kind of error with Solo, but you assigning blame to previous films and then pretending like that is not conjecture is laughable. **** yes. You back my claim that solo is the only misstep. Backfire when you ride with Quan you run people over.

Ps. Be my new bff.

quanchi112
I havent just compared it to Avengers though. Ive compared it to Jurassic World as well, thats 2 massive sci-fi/fantasy franchises out in the same years.

Do you not realize 99 percent of yourdebwting relies on anecdotal evidence. Both sequels made less than their originals and turned a huge profit so again consistent with my claims. Below expectations but not huge missteps and something consistent within the other Star Wars middle episodic films. Expect a drop off.

So now context matters. Yes, this is true of every decade as things change. What stays consistent is the first film of the trilogy makes more money than the follow up. That has remained the same regardless of the decade, kiddo.

Barely made more than Infinity War but on a global level IW is a lot more successful especially in China a market that continues to grow. Domestically America favors Star Wars historically but things have changed. MCU has emerged as the king. Much better quality overall since as I said Feige runs laps past Kathy. If you make 2 billion you have done quite well but I think overall people were much happier overall with the quality of IW than TFA.

I said they fell below expectations. I am accurate but 1.3 billion does not mean the sky is falling just because your feelings say they do. The vast minority of fans openly boycotted Star Wars. They do not dictate the box office and only a fool would believe these self entitled crybabies dictated anything above maybe 5-10 million at most of the box office.

Quit with the cliffhanger nonsense. People went out to see TLJ. 1.3 billion confirms it. People outside of me did not go multiple times in droves like they did for TFA.

No, it is conjecture relying on anecdotal evidence you beat your chest over. You do not even know what conjecture means. Seriously, cactus joe has you dead to rights. You are very stupid and typically fail to grasp the obvious. You need to think for yourself and not have the media dictate your opinion.

Darth Thor

So no, unless my numbers are wrong (which they may be, math is not my strong suit), aside from Solo's bomb, nothing has gone wrong, the drop from TFA to TLJ is pretty in line with the rest of the franchise, as the numbers show. Obviously, Disney made some kind of error with Solo, but you assigning blame to previous films and then pretending like that is not conjecture is laughable.

Yes they are a bit off, but not your fault.

Both ANH and TPM were released more times than ESB and AOTC which inflate their numbers.

I have the original TPM numbers and AOTC was a 29% drop from those.

I dont have the original ANH and ESB numbers but as it stands now ESB is a 30% drop from ANH, despite more releases for ANH.

TLJ was a 35% drop from TFA.

So definitely the biggest drop, and by a fair bit. Thats just worldwide though. Domestic only might look better for TLJ, but like I already pointed out, TLJ also had the lowest domestic multiplier of any Star Wars film.

Darth Thor
Do you not realize 99 percent of yourdebwting relies on anecdotal evidence.

Urm no, numbers are facts and dont take sides. They just are.

Whilst your entire argument is built on conjecture and in your case, Massive butthurt.

quanchi112
Urm no, numbers are facts and dont take sides. They just are.

Whilst your entire argument is built on conjecture and in your case, Massive butthurt. The numbers support my stance. The context supports my stance. Backfire walked you through it all but you just keep on with your pitiful conjecture.

As I said TLJ fell below expectations but the only serious misstep was Solo. Backfire explained the complexity of it but you are all caught up in your own perception to listen to reason.

Darth Thor
Backfire walked you through it all but you just keep on with your pitiful conjecture.

Look at you getting all hard over someone else debating me.

As ive explained in the last post though, his number analysis wasnt right (not his fault).

The numbers support my stance.

Lmao

quanchi112
Look at you getting all hard over someone else debating me.

As ive explained in the last post though, his number analysis wasnt right (not his fault).

Lmao He agreed with everything I have said previously on the forum. I am extremely level headed and am not going to continue to post very little detail I have already posted.

The numbers are not the problem it is your conjecture. You honestly are not someone who thinks for himself. You are easily led astray.

Darth Thor
Yeah but he was wrong, as were you with your numbers.

No Star Wars sequel has ever taken the dip TLJ did. And no Star Wars film has ever flopped before Solo.

Keep crying conjecture but the facts are the facts. No whining or complaining is going to change that.

quanchi112
Yeah but he was wrong, as were you with your numbers.

No Star Wars sequel has ever taken the dip TLJ did. And no Star Wars film has ever flopped before Solo.

Keep crying conjecture but the facts are the facts. No whining or complaining is going to change that. No, this is not accurate. I never said the movie did not fall below expectations so once again you do not even disagree with me but pretend otherwise.

All the second films dip but as I said TLJ dipped below what they would like but still a healthy profit. 1.3 billion is a good problem to have.

No, the truth is not as simple as your mind. Your mind tries to simplify reality for it to make sense but reality is complex and you are not looking at all other other factors.

Bad movie idea, bad release date, more Star Wars films so over saturated, etc.

Darth Thor
And Ive never claimed TLJ wasnt profitable or a big movie still lol

And of course Episode 9 will make well over a Billion as well.

That doesnt mean the demand hasnt decreased. It factually has going by the numbers. But its such a massive franchise all it will take is one great film, and the demand would fly right back up.

BackFire
Yes they are a bit off, but not your fault.

Both ANH and TPM were released more times than ESB and AOTC which inflate their numbers.

I have the original TPM numbers and AOTC was a 29% drop from those.

I dont have the original ANH and ESB numbers but as it stands now ESB is a 30% drop from ANH, despite more releases for ANH.

TLJ was a 35% drop from TFA.

So definitely the biggest drop, and by a fair bit. Thats just worldwide though. Domestic only might look better for TLJ, but like I already pointed out, TLJ also had the lowest domestic multiplier of any Star Wars film.

Ah okay, well fair enough then. Still think it's premature to say the brand is damaged, though. But we'll know with Episode IX one way or another. If that continues the trend and makes less than TLJ, then it definitely is damaged.

quanchi112
And Ive never claimed TLJ wasnt profitable or a big movie still lol

And of course Episode 9 will make well over a Billion as well.

That doesnt mean the demand hasnt decreased. It factually has going by the numbers. But its such a massive franchise all it will take is one great film, and the demand would fly right back up. A billion is not a failure. Even rogue one barely went over a billion. You do not call that a failure so your standards change.

I was willing to bet on it you are not. You actually agree with me that solo waill be the only bomb. I said the brand will be fine and that solo was the only hiccup. Next time do not puss out and try to have the courage of your convictions.

This is Khan vs. Vader all over again. The day of you backed down.

Flyattractor
"The day of you backed down"

...I think Quanni is showing his inner desires again...

quanchi112
"The day of you backed down"

...I think Quanni is showing his inner desires again... Keep this thread related. Your obsession with me is pitiful tbh.

Flyattractor
Need to dig up that Kettle Gif again.

quanchi112
Need to dig up that Kettle Gif again. You really do need banned.

Darth Thor
A billion is not a failure. Even rogue one barely went over a billion. You do not call that a failure so your standards change.

I was willing to bet on it you are not. You actually agree with me that solo waill be the only bomb. I said the brand will be fine and that solo was the only hiccup. Next time do not puss out and try to have the courage of your convictions.

This is Khan vs. Vader all over again. The day of you backed down.

Of course a Billion for a spin off movie isnt a failure you doofus.

If you wanna count that then you gotta count Solo flopping like one of the saga films flopping. Oh this is too easy.

You were called out for running from Khan vs Vader. Like its literally a fact. Youve been obsessed over me since laughing

quanchi112
Of course a Billion for a spin off movie isnt a failure you doofus.

If you wanna count that then you gotta count Solo flopping like one of the saga films flopping. Oh this is too easy.

You were called out for running from Khan vs Vader. Like its literally a fact. Youve been obsessed over me since laughing I count solo bombing because it did bomb. This is the only Star Wars film to flop. This is easy because my position has never changed. TLJ did not bomb it made a lot of money but fell below expectations. Again my opinion has not changed and Disney has only one huge misstep in Solo.

What is worse is you pretend things are so bad now but somehow abandon that for episode nine because you are a cowardly pile of fanboy shit.

You did not believe in Vader. It is a part of history aka kmc lore.

No, you are just another dipshit in a long line of dipshits I destroy as a part of my routine.

Darth Thor
Nah youre backtracking now. You claimed it showed zero damage to the brand implying it did not underperform at all. You justified it by bringing up Empire which I called you out on so now you have to backtrack.

Just like youve backed out of every single battlezone with me. Your track record speaks for itself.

Now quit raging derailing the thread.

quanchi112
Nah youre backtracking now. You claimed it showed zero damage to the brand implying it did not underperform at all. You justified it by bringing up Empire which I called you out on so now you have to backtrack.

Just like youve backed out of every single battlezone with me. Your track record speaks for itself.

Now quit raging derailing the thread.

Last Jedi drove audiences away Loser. Originally posted by quanchi112
False, unproven. It drove some away but you let the media dictate how you feel. Well over a billion is good no matter how you look at it, dummy. Solo had a host of other issues which you continue to ignore because you are so narrow minded and a confirmed Star Wars hater these days. Congrats you hate Star Wars.

I didn't expect it to go anywhere near TFA due to the time gap in between films. What hurts it is the negative perception out there. It still earned the highest box office out of the entire year and you're not going to hit it out of the park every time at the box office.

I do agree that would be a nightmare for Infinity War but this didn't make under a billion either it made three hundred million more than a billion. Your expectations of box office success are too high IMO.

Only thing I worry about is the perception but I expect that to dissipate entirely by the time episode nine rolls around. There was a lot of hate for Into Darkness by a small contingent of Trekkers. I loved the film as do I love this film. It's my favorite Star Wars film to date after various rewatches. Rots still has the best action but to me this was the best film.

I never pretended it did I think it's overblown and I personally loved it. I can't control how others view the film. We also were informed of a few thousand DC fans purposely putting up negative fan reactions to Disney films which definitely matters as well. For ****s sake I have not changed my position at all. I acknowledge this fell below expectations and the perception of the film according to the small minority grazed it but I also say they will be fine by episode 9.

This is a very small amount of the general audience you nitwit. Reread the posts and realize your memory and brain is sub par.

Now since I have destroyed you backing my points with the same points I posted months ago slap yourself in the face and beg for my forgiveness.

Ps. You have done zero battlezones and my last one I destroyed Froth so badly he just abandoned it without rebutting 99 percent of my posts. You backed down the day of a battlezone you agreed to do.

Darth Thor
Oh give it a rest. Youve lost. The numbers back me up. You desperately wanted to avoid comparisons with Avengers and Jurassic World and tried to justify it by comparing to the OT, but ive called you out on that.

With DC you always go on about what a failure MOS was even though it made profit. Because he was an Icon. And yet with TLJ suddenly Profit is All that Matters. And with Rogue One it doesnt matter thats not a saga film now lol

Your arguments are all over the place because (as multiple people have called you out on now) you are just sucking up to your corporate king Disney.

Multiple people called you out on running away from the Khan vs battlezone. You even chickened out of a Ashoka vs Khan one. Hilarious.

Froth was doing some weird complicated battlezone with you. Mine is simple, and you are clearly outmatched, so I dont need experience.

quanchi112
Oh give it a rest. Youve lost. The numbers back me up. You desperately wanted to avoid comparisons with Avengers and Jurassic World and tried to justify it by comparing to the OT, but ive called you out on that.

With DC you always go on about what a failure MOS was even though it made profit. Because he was an Icon. And yet with TLJ suddenly Profit is All that Matters. And with Rogue One it doesnt matter thats not a saga film now lol

Your arguments are all over the place because (as multiple people have called you out on now) you are just sucking up to your corporate king Disney.

Multiple people called you out on running away from the Khan vs battlezone. You even chickened out of a Ashoka vs Khan one. Hilarious.

Froth was doing some weird complicated battlezone with you. Mine is simple, and you are clearly outmatched, so I dont need experience. No, you lied about my position. I just quoted myself arguing with your lying ass. It is all in the quotes. I refuted your nonsense.

Man of steel was both divisive, did not come close to a billion, and had a higher budget than the Avengers you retard. That is not a win by any measure. You change your criteria based off your silly feelings. If man of steel was such a slam dunk we would have had a sequel by now. WW was a slam dunk and it was wayyyyyy better than loser superman. This has all been spoon fed to your dumb ass.

Tlj and profit do matter but you abandon profit for man of steel and the fact it was divisive but lambaste TLJ despite it making a lot more money than mos.

Disney has pleased me with Thanos, Snoke, etc. You may think Disney sucks but I do not.

Pretend battlezone challenge I never accepted but you balked on one you accepted prior to. Carver is like Froth both did not even respond to my posts as in they were unable to. Sad choices tbh. I expected more of Froth and was happy carver even tried since you were too much of a pussy.

It is a composite army one but of course that is too complicated for you since you are offensively stupid.

I am better than you.

laughing out loud

Darth Thor
As if TLJ wasnt decisive Lmao.

And Who made a Billion the success goal? I will make it 1.5bill. TLJ did not make 1.5bill. See how that works?

Your logic is TLJ made money and thats all that matters. Much like Golgo and Bruce logic.

Well so did MOS, so your logic fails.

Your stance is all over the place because you have no logic or consistency, you just have your corporate king Mickey Mouse.

I have numbers on the side of my argument. And witnesses regarding the BZ.

All you have is random words blurting out of your mouth.

Youve lost and youve chickened out multiple times. Now Take your defeat like a man and stop derailing this thread.

quanchi112
As if TLJ wasnt decisive Lmao.

And Who made a Billion the success goal? I will make it 1.5bill. TLJ did not make 1.5bill. See how that works?

Your logic is TLJ made money and thats all that matters. Much like Golgo and Bruce logic.

Well so did MOS, so your logic fails.

Your stance is all over the place because you have no logic or consistency, you just have your corporate king Mickey Mouse.

I have numbers on the side of my argument. And witnesses regarding the BZ.

All you have is random words blurting out of your mouth.

Youve lost and youve chickened out multiple times. Now Take your defeat like a man and stop derailing this thread. I said both were divisive. One made twice as much money and was more critically acclaimed you still claim MOS was a bigger win, clown.

TLJ made over twice the money so it shits down Supermans mouth. In direct comparison MOS falters in every single way. I personally think TLJ was great whereas MOS was not even a good film. So in every manner TLJ WINS. You made this about the numbers and now want to ignore the numbers, dummy. You do this all the time. I ignore nothing. I look at the totality of all variables considered Abe predicted episode 9 will do fine. You think the sky is falling and think Disney ruined Star Wars. I disagree 100 percent.

No, you ignore the numbers for the MOS. You also ignored the similar drop offs from the middle episodic film to the first one. I acknowledged it fell below expectations but still a huge profit. I am correct you falsely assume Disney destroyed the brand. Episode 9 will vindicate me not you, chump.

You have witnesses. This is a public forum. You can post the quotes, moron. I already posted you backing down and scrambling for Kenobi in a panic. You are a gutless poster who has never done one in all your years. No impact on the forum.

I just stomped Froth into submission. Continue to be the forums whipping boy.

StiltmanFTW
No woman should ever be in charge of something as big as Star Wars.

Darth Thor
I said both were divisive. One made twice as much money and was more critically acclaimed you still claim MOS was a bigger win, clown.

Is it just about making profit or not? Answer the question and stop trolling.

Ah now youre switching to critical reception. Getting pretty desperate arent we?

Venom showed critics really dont mean squat. Its all about audiences and fans.

That said MOS has the 2nd highest critic score in the DCEU. And still you try to argue it was a failure in every sense, so makes sense to cut it out now. You really are all over the place Lmao.

TLJ made over twice the money so it shits down Supermans mouth. In direct comparison MOS falters in every single way. I personally think TLJ was great whereas MOS was not even a good film. So in every manner TLJ

Since when was Superman ever a billion dollar movie franchise lol?

Is it about making profit or not? Answer the question Troll.

Your opinion doesnt matter. The audiences spoke when TLJ had the biggest box office drop in Star Wars sequel history. They also spoke when they didnt leave the JW and Avengers sequels in droves.

No, you ignore the numbers for the MOS. You also ignored the similar drop offs from the middle episodic film to the first one.

No clearly you can not keep consistent with your arguments. You are too busy trying to suck the Mouses cock.

Ive already called that argument out. TLJs drop was the biggest in Star Wars movie history. It was a desperate reach to begin with. Trying to compare to decades old films instead of comparing to current Billion and 2Billion dollar franchises. But the point was still a fail. As are you Lmao

I just stomped Froth into submission. Continue to be the forums whipping boy.

Sure thing Troll.

Let me know when you have the guts for that Khan vs Ashoka BZ.

quanchi112
Is it just about making profit or not. Answer the question and stop trolling.

Ah now youre switching to critical reception. Getting pretty desperate arent we?

Venom showed critics really dont mean squat. Its all about audiences and fans.No, but in a business sense that is by far the most important thing. I am saying TLJ Beats MOS in every conceivable way. All of this matters. Critical reviews, customer satisfaction, and the bottom line money figures. TLJ fell below expectations as I have akways said but made a lot of money regardless.

Venom is an outlier but come on that film will not smell a billion. It is a win Sony a studio not used to the lofty expectations Disney has grown accustomed to but the film to me was just ok. It looked cheap, pretty generic, and nothing I am excited over like TLJ. You may like venom more personally than TLJ but not me. TLJ IS awesome to me. Their numbers also lap venom so critics still matter but are not ever the end all be all.

Continue to enjoy Venom over TLJ, laughing out loud

So now money does not matter. See. The budget was huge and it was not even close to a billion. This is why it makes sense to give up on a mega budget Superman film. It does not bring home the dollars.

You keep saying icon but icons need to deliver on the financial end. TLJ fell below expectations but still made a huge profit. How many times will you exaggerate 1.3 billion into a total failure. Middle films always have a big drop off. Bf posted it. You ignore it all and instead think Disney failed. I will be right and rub your ignorant face in it.

Episode 9 will prove me right and you wrong, Disney hater.

Darth Thor
How did TLJ beat MOS in customer satisfaction? Theres literally no evidence for that.

It beat MOS in terms of Box Offixe drop off thats for sure. I am not even comparing TLJ to MOS. I am calling you out for your inconsistent stance. One minute all that matters is making profit, next minute its about not making ENOUGH profit. Then its about critics, then its not.

Youre all over the place. Give it a rest. Youve lost.

My arguments are logical and consistent and backed by numbers. Youre all over the place, too busy trying to give Mickey Mouse a blow job.

quanchi112
How did TLJ beat MOS in customer satisfaction? Theres literally no evidence for that.

It beat MOS in terms of Box Offixe drop off thats for sure. I am not even comparing TLJ to MOS. I am calling you out for your inconsistent stance. One minute all that matters is making profit, next minute its about not making ENOUGH profit. Then its about critics, then its not.

Youre all over the place. Give it a rest. Youve lost.

My arguments are logical and consistent and backed by numbers. Youre all over the place, too busy trying to give Mickey Mouse a blow job. I am speaking for myself. TLJ was my favorite Star Wars film. I saw it multiple times. I loved it.

I cannot speak for others but the numbers back me not you. The variables and context aligns with the previous middle films but as I said below expectations. You are the guy with inconsistent stances which is the reason why I even referenced MOS. It was divisive, had a huge budget, etc. and did not even make half the money the epic failure you claim TLJ to be. Yet somehow you abandon your same rationale for MOS because it is about your feelings. You are inconsistent. You change based off your own perception. This is not hard to figure out.

No, no, no. Bf railed you just as I have. It is about all the variables. You want to talk profit then when I counter your response is is it all about money? No, but it does clearly matter a lot. I gave already refuted your simplistic nonsense.

Episode 9 will decide who is right. When it makes a ton of money I am going to rub your Disney and Star Wars hating nose in it, venom boy.

You champion venom over TLJ. You do not have faith in Disney. That is your opinion but the best part is episode 9 decides who is right. Solo was the outlier. Cannot wait.

laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.