Fallout 76

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnid1
-ye84Zrqndo

Hopefully the RPG aspects are more well done than they were in 4. 4 got boring pretty quickly IMO, unlike prior entries.

samhain
Still haven't even completed 4 TBH, went back to Skyrim instead cos it's actually an RPG. I'll keep an eye on this though.

Arachnid1
https://kotaku.com/sources-fallout-76-is-an-online-survival-rpg-1826425333

If that's true, interest instantly lost. I don't need another MMORPG like ESO.

Smasandian
I don't think it's a MMO like ESO.

I think it's going to be Fallout Rust.

FinalAnswer
It's going to be like watching two jumbo jets smash into each other.

BackFire
Probably won't be interested in this from what I'm hearing. Don't need to shoehorn multiplayer in every franchise. I'll be waiting to see how the reviews and feedback is.

Nemesis X
Well interest immediately lost. No single player, don't want.

Smasandian
I'm in wait and see mode before making judgement.

I assume this is an offshoot so it should be allow to take some risks.

Nemesis X
884chSIl1dY

yASjD_And2w

q5yPgv0W6S4

QuJAwDTYDTY

Smasandian
I can understand why people wouldn't like this and I agree with them. I would prefer a complete single player experience.

And I'm not sure I would get this anyways right away. But...they did release something regarding private sessions. It might be fun with friends to have a Fallout type map filled with quests, enemies and allow you to build some bad ass settlements. That might be a lot of fun.

I still want to see how this all plays out

TheVaultDweller
As an obvious fan of the franchise, I haven't been very pleased with what I've heard so far about Fallout 76. In fact, my views are very much in line with the guy who made this mod. Get an early taste of Fallout 76 lol:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/32599

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Smasandian
I can understand why people wouldn't like this and I agree with them. I would prefer a complete single player experience.

And I'm not sure I would get this anyways right away. But...they did release something regarding private sessions. It might be fun with friends to have a Fallout type map filled with quests, enemies and allow you to build some bad ass settlements. That might be a lot of fun.

I still want to see how this all plays out There are going to be no NPC's at all, just players.

Nemesis X
This does not look fun.

HrdCb71-vFU

jinXed by JaNx

Kazenji
It's called a Beta for a reason.

Nemesis X
SjrDbSgB9IU

Kazenji
He compares No Mans Sky and Aliens Colonial marines to this latest Fallout game as examples what was promised

Joe needs to revisit No Mans Sky again after all the various updates and as for Aliens Colonial Marines download the Mod someone made for the PC which fixes it up.

Smasandian
I might be wrong but what promises were broken with Fallout 76?

Wasn't it pretty obvious on what this game was about?

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Kazenji
He compares No Mans Sky and Aliens Colonial marines to this latest Fallout game as examples what was promised

Joe needs to revisit No Mans Sky again after all the various updates and as for Aliens Colonial Marines download the Mod someone made for the PC which fixes it up. You need to review a product as is, you don't wait till it's "better" or for fan-made content.

Mods definitely shouldn't account for the replayability or enjoyability of a game.

You're telling me you weren't disappointed at No Man's Sky and especially Colonial Marines?

Furthermore, no matter how many "fixes" it gets, it's still a bad game, just a "playable" bad game.

"Base it on what it gets later" isn't an argument. He reviews what he gets at launch.

Hell I even understand his reasons behind giving "Kingdom Come", which is one of my favorite games, a 6/10, recently. (Even if it shouldn't have been a ****ing rapid fire review for a release that huge).

Jmanghan
I might be wrong but what promises were broken with Fallout 76?

Wasn't it pretty obvious on what this game was about? Besides the awful rendering, lighting, and "landscape" shit.

This game is more buggy then a lot of Bethesda's games at release, which is REALLY saying something.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Jmanghan
You need to review a product as is, you don't wait till it's "better" or for fan-made content.

And also some reviewer's do revisits too to see what's change

Nope, Didn't play No Man's Sky on launch and as for Colonial Marines i brought it cheap and tried out a mod out for it which makes it better.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Kazenji
And also some reviewer's do revisits too to see what's change

Nope, Didn't play No Man's Sky on launch and as for Colonial Marines i brought it cheap and tried out a mod out for it which makes it better. But even if he revisited it, it's not gonna change his original review and what it is.

He's not a bad reviewer for not revisiting a game after it gets so-and-so amount of updates.

He even states he reviews things at launch for a reason, so they can get it right the first time, and not 6 months down the line.

Smasandian
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Besides the awful rendering, lighting, and "landscape" shit.

This game is more buggy then a lot of Bethesda's games at release, which is REALLY saying something.

That's just a bad game which people have a right to criticize and whatnot.

But putting Fallout 76 in the same category as No Man Sky is not right. It's not the same thing.

BackFire
Sounds like this game is a disaster. Glad I steered clear.

Though really, even if this game was functional, a Bethesda game without any NPC's is more or less a non-starter for me. NPC's are what make their games worth a damn, otherwise you have mediocre combat in a dated engine.

Smasandian
I agree. It never really interested me.

I think Bethesda should be allowed to experiment with new games but clearly it didn't work out.

BackFire
I've begun losing interest in Bethesda games in general, especially with the recent announcement that they will continue using the same engine yet again for Starfield and ES6. The engine was already showing its cracks pretty glaringly with Skyrim last gen, and this gen it has become even more obvious that the engine just is no longer suited for modern games. I can only imagine how stark and ancient the engine will seem 5 years from now.

Nemesis X
Fallout 76 is so bad, having fun is a legit bannable offense apparently. Player hoarded so much ammo after 900 hours of playing, Bethesda gave him the boot facepalm

bT8STHunM8k

cdtm
I'll be honest, I never, ever liked Skyrim.

There, I said it.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by cdtm
I'll be honest, I never, ever liked Skyrim.

There, I said it.

There you go again. More things unrelated to a topic as usual. Please stop.

cdtm
Originally posted by Nemesis X
There you go again. More things unrelated to a topic as usual. Please stop.

Pardon?

It's a topic on a Bethesda game. Of which the consensus seems to be, is disappointing.

My very relevant reply is to respond that a Bethesda ip that is, by consensus, a great game, never impressed me.

Now, maybe Fallout is that bad. Or maybe gamers tastes have changed, and people are noticing Bethesda games were NEVER really that good. Or, they WERE good for their time, and don't hold up now. We've come to expect more, and they havn't kept up.

I mean, people complain about bugs galore, as if every major Bethesda game wasn't riddled with them?

Nemesis X
Originally posted by cdtm
Pardon?

It's a topic on a Bethesda game. Of which the consensus seems to be, is disappointing.

My very relevant reply is to respond that a Bethesda ip that is, by consensus, a great game, never impressed me.

Now, maybe Fallout is that bad. Or maybe gamers tastes have changed, and people are noticing Bethesda games were NEVER really that good. Or, they WERE good for their time, and don't hold up now. We've come to expect more, and they havn't kept up.

I mean, people complain about bugs galore, as if every major Bethesda game wasn't riddled with them?

You wanna rant about Skyrim, go here:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=542797&highlight=Skyrim

Kazenji
bT8STHunM8k

cdtm
You wanna rant about Skyrim, go here:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=542797&highlight=Skyrim

I don't, and have already made my point.

Which you apparently choose to ignore, or are unable to comprehend.

So with that, I'll take my leave, and happy trolling.

Nemesis X
If you or anyone you know owns a Power Armor helmet, AVOID WEARING IT. Chances are it has mold.

uhA1NmRJPDQ

Kazenji
If you or anyone you know owns a Power Armor helmet, AVOID WEARING IT. Chances are it has mold.

Specifically the Nuka Cola helmet.

Nemesis X
What. The. &#%$.

QXQjx49JH7A

Smasandian
I believe this is for private servers correct?

If so then there would be a cost for this. I think all games with private servers have a cost associated to it.

Nemesis X
I believe this is for private servers correct?

If so then there would be a cost for this. I think all games with private servers have a cost associated to it.

Well soon as those private servers kicked on, they suddenly switched to non-private and players' stored items in the scrap box got deleted to boot. Now they're working on an update to privatize the private servers. And the lost items? Bethesda basically replies "your items are there, you just can't see them" to later say "guess they weren't there after all. Well you're SOL". This is the service people paid $100 for.

Icq3GSet4c0

cdtm
How could they mess this up so badly?

I get all corporations are only in it for the profit at their core, but how does the tried and tested "public relations" aspect get tossed in the dumpster fire so often?

I mean, did some account prove good will is a lie? That even if you literally piss on your customers, they'll toss money at you?

Smasandian
Well soon as those private servers kicked on, they suddenly switched to non-private and players' stored items in the scrap box got deleted to boot. Now they're working on an update to privatize the private servers. And the lost items? Bethesda basically replies "your items are there, you just can't see them" to later say "guess they weren't there after all. Well you're SOL". This is the service people paid $100 for.

Icq3GSet4c0

That is bad for sure. I would agree with that.

If it was 100 bucks for private servers (and they worked well and similar to every other game) then that's not terrible.

But ****ing it up is a different story.

Kazenji
You think $100 is bad, Gotta pay $180 that bs here in Australia.

Smasandian
$100 bucks for a private server like every other game is a pretty good deal depending on what you get.

Obviously they ****ed it up.

I helped out running a site which had private servers for shooters and they were like 20-40 bucks a month.

Kazenji
Still a rip off tho, Can buy another two games for $100.

Smasandian
You are being unreasonable. Each private server would most likely be a VM somewhere in a datacentre. It would have its own IP, hardware, storage and power. This is expensive.

If you do a quick check, a Minecraft server is around $15 bucks for 20 people. A shooter like BF4, it was around $60 a month for 32 people server hosted by a 3rd party site.

No doubt Bethesda ****ed it up and I believe it's bullshit that you cannot host a game yourself using a server you have (so build a server, download a client and then host) but $100 to host a server for a year is reasonable.

Kazenji
Each to their own there regarding the $180 price tag and finding it reasonable.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.