Spider-man Vs Captain Cold

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/52/65/e7/5265e7fd214ef9fbfae1ea4ff25e3c8b.jpg

No prep.
No BFR.
Midtown Manhattan 1 block apart.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/d5/83/ab/d583ab90993928330b75caccc8370b89--comic-superheroes-marvel-dc-comics.jpg

Bentley
Captain Cold could render everything Spidey has useless with a single Cold Field. Spider-Man just cannot win here, he probably dies of hypothermia from being close to all the things Cold will freeze.

Enzeru
It's really hard to make an argument for Spider-Man due to Captain Colds cold field. Spider-Man himself has no way of entering it without being frozen to death.

His webbing would also just freeze. I think (?) the cold field stops momentum, right? If it does, then the webbing is useless. If it doesn't and the webbing turns into an icicle, then it might pierce Captain Cold and grant Spider-Man the win.

Otherwise Spider-Man could (out of character) toss cars and busses at Captain Cold. I don't think that his cold field would protect him from that. And he doesn't have the durability to survive getting hit by a car thrown by a 10 tonner.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Enzeru
It's really hard to make an argument for Spider-Man due to Captain Colds cold field. Spider-Man himself has no way of entering it without being frozen to death.

His webbing would also just freeze. I think (?) the cold field stops momentum, right? If it does, then the webbing is useless. If it doesn't and the webbing turns into an icicle, then it might pierce Captain Cold and grant Spider-Man the win.

Otherwise Spider-Man could (out of character) toss cars and busses at Captain Cold. I don't think that his cold field would protect him from that. And he doesn't have the durability to survive getting hit by a car thrown by a 10 tonner.

It's been described as an inertia field, iirc. So even the cars and buses...I mean, if it can rob the Flash and his SF connection, it SHOULD rob the cars etc.

No limits fallacy, I know. But a thought.

Bentley
Even slowing down Flash a bit should reduce any momentum from cars and other throwing objects. He could also use freeze grenades and overcome Spidey through ranged attacks.

Enzeru
You guys are talking about motion, while I'm talking about gravity.

Freezing something works by removing the motion of molecules. So while a car driving at Captain Cold would come to a halt... I can't imagine a car stopping in mid air, if Spider-Man throws it from above at Captain Cold. Gravity would still pull the car towards the ground and onto Captain Cold.

Was there ever such an example in the comics? Or how does that work logically in theory? I'm too stupid to know. But if something is falling from above in a straight line and passes through a sci-fi field of absolute zero coldness... The object wouldn't just stop in mid air, would it? It would still continue falling towards the ground due to the gravitational pull.

Bentley
Even assuming that's true, the horizontal motion of any object would come to a halt, effectively protecting Cold from any harm (unless somehow Spidey drops it vertically at him without Cold noticing I guess?).

riv6672

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Enzeru
You guys are talking about motion, while I'm talking about gravity.

Freezing something works by removing the motion of molecules. So while a car driving at Captain Cold would come to a halt... I can't imagine a car stopping in mid air, if Spider-Man throws it from above at Captain Cold. Gravity would still pull the car towards the ground and onto Captain Cold.

Was there ever such an example in the comics? Or how does that work logically in theory? I'm too stupid to know. But if something is falling from above in a straight line and passes through a sci-fi field of absolute zero coldness... The object wouldn't just stop in mid air, would it? It would still continue falling towards the ground due to the gravitational pull.

'Comic book physics'

Example A...like a spider web.

https://i.imgur.com/tl9QTs2_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Enzeru
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

'Comic book physics'

Example A...like a spider web.

https://i.imgur.com/tl9QTs2_d.jpg

Flash comics, amirite?

https://i.imgur.com/MFaJqwj.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/MFaJqwj.jpg

riv6672
^^^hahaha!

beatboks
He's had his but handed to him twice by Mark Shaw (as Manhunter). But Shaw has a weapon that is basically a hax counter to any tech. His Manhunter Baton uses the Manhunter power cell that android Manhunters use vs GL's and it powers a magnetic pulse device (and other attachments). So basically he disables any tech he wants when in range of it. Has done the same to Mirror master.

On a side note to this battle Incap would work for Spidey. Spidey uses a web line to swing in a circular motion around Snart firing webs at him from every direction. Said webs freeze as they approach Snart's cold field which end up making a hge frozen web containment around him. Spidey keeps pilling on the webbing outside undtil its a few feet thick so their is plenty of strong webbing outside the brittle frozen stuff inside. His spidey sense would also know the minute there was any danger of Snart breaking out to pile on more. Keep it up till Snart's gun runs out of charge (gotta happen eventually right???

beatboks
OR when Spidey's spider sense does sense Snart breaking thru he pops a car directly on top of it so when Snart breaks thru he get's the gravity hammer

DarkSaint85
Or Snart just freezes the entire area at once.

-K-M-

Parmaniac
And what feats does that city have huh?

h1a8

DarkSaint85
No.

You must forget who Captain Cold tussles with.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
No.

You must forget who Captain Cold tussles with. Terribly down written Speedsters.

Smurph
Captain Cold is like a more awesome Spider-Man villain.

In universe, he would whip the Sinister Six into shape.

riv6672
^^^that would be great to see.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.