Assassin's Creed: Odyssey

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnid1
http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/05/31/assassins-creed-odyssey-reportedly-leaked
I heard rumors last week of this. I heard Bayek will return to this game, but as a mentor to the new protagonist. I also heard this one will put a greater focus on naval combat, but not to the extent that AC4 did. Too bad. I actually really wanted one more game with Bayek. I'm getting annoyed switching off to someone new every game. They rarely pull it off, and Bayek (and Eve to a lesser extent) was the only truly memorable protagonist we've had since Edward.

On the positive side, I like the inclusion of dialogue options. I actually think it will serve to flesh out the protagonists even more, since we'll see so many different aspects of their personality through their dialogue. Only thing is, it's hard to imagine the dialogue choices will really matter. Multiple endings doesn't work in AC, since the past is fixed.

Anyway, skill trees? Dark souls inspired combat? Dialogue options? Loot systems? They're going all in on the RPG evolution of this series.

Arachnid1
https://i.redd.it/i5evnhcgluy01.png

I'm glad the disguise/social stealth/blend in system is back. That's a big part of AC's identity. All the leaks read like a combination of the Ezio games, Black Flag, and Origins, and that sounds great.

Also, I absolutely LOVE the idea of Ancient Greece being a setting. This has been one of my top 4 most wanted AC settings for some time (with the pirate age, feudal Japan, and victorian London; they messed up London unfortunately).

On the other hand, I'm disappointed at the lack of focus on modern day, yet again. That's getting old. Move the story forward ffs.

BackFire
I'm in the minority, but I don't want naval combat to be a big focus. It's fine as an optional/mini game type thing, but I am not a fan of it and don't want to be forced to do it.

Other than that, I think it sounds good. I really enjoyed Origins so I'm glad they're continuing with what they started in that game.

BruceSkywalker
I enjoyed AC Origins so to continue Bayek's adventures has me excited

Nemesis X
Of all the RPGs I would anticipate, AC I never thought would be one of them. Bravo, Ubisoft.

Smasandian
I'm excited about the ship combat if they do something different with it. I prefer moving around in Black Flag with my ship than the horse in Origins.

Jmanghan
They couldn't have come up with a different surname for game?

Real subtle, guys, within less then a year of Super Mario Odyssey's release.

Maybe it's just a coincidence but it just rubs me the wrong way.

Smasandian
I assume its based off the Greek peom Odyssey.

And I really doubt they give a shit about Super Mario. Assassins Creed doesn't need to steal a name from another game for recognition.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Smasandian
I assume its based off the Greek peom Odyssey.

And I really doubt they give a shit about Super Mario. Assassins Creed doesn't need to steal a name from another game for recognition. Yeah but it's just unimaginative, like they could have thought of anything else, just a minor annoyance but meh, it just seems lazy.

Smasandian
You have no idea what the story is about.

It might make perfect sense to name it Odyssey. I'm making a guess the story arc follows the poem.

Nemesis X
Ulysses? Yeah I see that subtitle making sense in which case.

-Pr-
E3 Leaked screenshots:

https://gematsu.com/2018/06/assassins-creed-odyssey-screenshots-leaked

Kazenji
Figured that they would keep alot of the gameplay mechanics again from the last game, Its just what Ubisoft does.

-Pr-
I've seen a few commenters online worry that they're going back to a yearly release schedule, and I don't think those fears are unfounded.

I was hoping to a change in the combat system, myself. I don't think the one in Origins was particularly bad; I just didn't think it was very good either.

BruceSkywalker
im happy.. i get to kill people and solve the game

Nemesis X
I played neither Unity, Syndicate, nor Origins. Didn't play as those didn't feel like my cup of tea but Odyssey looks like something up my alley.
Dunno about you guys but I know I'm looking forward to it. Looks good.

pDcfWQYJTNs

FBQ6BZ3cpoo

Arachnid1

BackFire
I enjoyed Origins, but yeah probably won't get this day one.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.