Is Disney Star Wars Really Debatable?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kurk
Disney doesn't seem to care about power-levels of characters. Everything is inconsistent with seemingly powerful characters failing while padawans pull off incredible feats.

The Disney canon seems to be putting an emphasis on story-telling and "wild-card" advantages to win a fight over pure technical rankings like in the EU.

Is SW debating less feasible with the new canon?

DarthAnt66
It's a lot more difficult now. thumb up

Tzeentch
Star Wars has never given a shit about power levels. Anyone who thinks that the writers have ever put more thought into power level beyond "what would work for this plot" is deluding themselves.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Star Wars has never given a shit about power levels. Anyone who thinks that the writers have ever put more thought into power level beyond "what would work for this plot" is deluding themselves. thumb up

Zenwolf
Mind for examples? I mean granted there is probably some wonky things going on with certain characters, but was it any different before?

DarthPlaguis12

Galan007
It's odd to me that people actually think Legends was *more* consistent overall than Disney canon where PLs are concerned.

Inconsistency has ALWAYS run rampant in this franchise... Disney certainly hasn't been some huge exception, lol.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Galan007
It's odd to me that people actually think Legends was *more* consistent overall than Disney canon where PLs are concerned.

Inconsistency has ALWAYS run rampant in this franchise... Disney certainly hasn't been some huge exception, lol.

It runs in just about any big franchise.

Tzeentch

quanchi112
laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.