CIS off Surfer vs HP Doomsday

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Who's taking this? No bfr.

xJLxKing
Doomsday

Rage.Of.Olympus
Surfer. Far too many options.

quanchi112
Surfer, eeeeeeeeeasily.

h1a8
Surfer only chance is through a black hole.
There is no other way.

quanchi112
Surfer wins a variety of ways. Cool.

Damborgson
Singularity in the head thumb up

Rage.Of.Olympus
A CISless Silver Surfer is one-step removed from a reality warper. You need a plot device or similar versatility to survive.

Damborgson
Like an uru hammer ? laughing out loud

abhilegend
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
A CISless Silver Surfer is one-step removed from a reality warper. You need a plot device or similar versatility to survive.
Doomsday is plot device in on itself.

quanchi112

panthergod
Surfer gets oneshotted as usual.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Damborgson
Like an uru hammer ? laughing out loud

Exactly.

krisblaze
Doomsday for all his strengths still relies on momentum.

SquallX

DarkSaint85

Like a Mother Box?

abhilegend
Like a power ring?

spetznaz

DarkSaint85
I always thought it was all fire...

But agreed thumb up

abhilegend

DarkSaint85
Takes his soul thumb up

Doomsday was still sentient (he could say metropolis)

SquallX

abhilegend
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Takes his soul thumb up

Whose soul did Surfer take? John Aman in an alternate reality which was changed by Dr Strange?

DarkSaint85
I was thinking more of this time:

http://i.imgur.com/tTAaHla.jpg

abhilegend
That was because the beast was taking his power from Astral space. Doomsday doesn't.

Mindship
Isn't HP DD the one that broke Superman's arm, the Superman aided by a Mother Box?

To win, a CISless Surfer had best be using his powers as creatively as Superman uses his.

DarkSaint85
But do you think he has a soul?

I see it as yes, he does. As he's sentient.

From the scan (abbreviated by me): pain is the link creatures have with life.

Life isn't just physical matter. It also as a spiritual side. Life is spirit.

And Surfer can shatter that spirit like glass.

It doesn't say in the scan that the only reason why he could do so was because it was drawing power from the astral plane. It only says that life has spirit, and it can be affected.

SquallX

DarkSaint85
Oh it has been? Not to pull a Carver, but scans?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Doomsday having no internal organs and being almost all bone = No soul.

Clayface is made out of mud but has no soul. Swamp Thing is literally flora and so is Man-Thing and they have souls etc.

Stupid argument.

Surfer can turn into snow and still operate (Defenders under M. Fraction). He can phase, cast illusions, teleport at times, and cover lightyears in moments. He has also shown the ability to multi-task to an impressive degree.

Doomsday would be fighting an intangible, incorporeal entity that can move around at light speed that can open a singularity in each of it's organs. Not much of a fight and more of a kid on a power trip.

Philosophía
H/P Doomsday shitstomps without even trying, this is not fair.
The moment Doomsday tastes power cosmic, this happens:
https://imgur.com/a/2sF6M

DoS DD alone would beat the shit out of Surfer with no BFR.

SquallX

abhilegend
Doomsday having no internal organs and being almost all bone = No soul.

Clayface is made out of mud but has no soul. Swamp Thing is literally flora and so is Man-Thing and they have souls etc.

Stupid argument.

Surfer can turn into snow and still operate (Defenders under M. Fraction). He can phase, cast illusions, teleport at times, and cover lightyears in moments. He has also shown the ability to multi-task to an impressive degree.

Doomsday would be fighting an intangible, incorporeal entity that can move around at light speed that can open a singularity in each of it's organs. Not much of a fight and more of a kid on a power trip.
So it's fighting a discount GL? Not much of a fight then.

Rage.Of.Olympus
More like a GL on a player one type scenario, like when Hal explained his counters to the JLA.

Anyways Surfer wins. It is what it is.

carver9
Dont get why a GL was mentioned.

Pillow Biter
The reason most characters fail to use their powers realistically--even remotely realistically--is not CIS. Rather, comic conventions and preferences are the reason.

We've seen people with absolutely no in-character stupidity or morals still fail to use their power sets to even a fraction of their 'realistic' potential. In fact, this is almost universally true.

abhilegend
More like a GL on a player one type scenario, like when Hal explained his counters to the JLA.

Anyways Surfer wins. It is what it is.
Even a pre DOS Doomsday survived a guardian going for the kill.

Surfer beating Doomsday is as likely as him ever beating Thanos straight up. Just improbable.

quanchi112

panthergod
Surfer can't do anything to DD, so why are the Marvel fantards pretending they have a leg to stand on? The Radiant and Waverider are both Surfer analogues. Surfer can't even beat Hank Henshaw, but he has a chance against Doomsday..? yeah ok.

quanchi112

twt
Takes his soul thumb up

But Doomsday hasn't soul, the Katana's sword didn't he's affect.

DarkSaint85
Wut?

When did HP Doomsday face Katana?

twt
Wut?

When did HP Doomsday face Katana?

Never happen, I mean the encounter between Doosmday and Katana in Outsiders vol. 4 #37. According this comic, Doomsday hasn't soul.

twt
I'd say Doomsday wins.

DarkSaint85
Ah.

Different Doomsday then

panthergod

quanchi112

panthergod

SquallX

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by panthergod
Surfer gets one-shotted. cry more.

Doomsday would never even hit Surfer. This is CIS free.

quanchi112

quanchi112
Doomsday would never even hit Surfer. This is CIS free. thumb up

panthergod

How's that, when DD is a true speedster while Surfer is sub-Spider-Man in reflexes? DD blitzes Surfer before he can blink here.

panthergod

quanchi112
laughing out loud

panthergod
Concession accepted, kid.

SquallX

panthergod
^ yep.

I've been reading the Armageddon 2001 crossover. Waverider is absolutely comparable to Surfer in power, though he's mroe of a temporal manipulator.

Silent Master
Has anyone else noticed that pretty much everyone saying that Surfer loses, are the same people that think Superman would win.

Coincidence?

panthergod
Originally posted by Silent Master
Has anyone else noticed that pretty much everyone saying that Surfer loses, are the same people that think Superman would win.

Coincidence?

Excellent way to deflect from your lack of a counter argument.

quanchi112
Concession accepted, kid. Blows up the planet and watches Doomsday just float. Win.

quanchi112
^ yep.

I've been reading the Armageddon 2001 crossover. Waverider is absolutely comparable to Surfer in power, though he's mroe of a temporal manipulator. Nah, but a different and weaker character your wishful thinking aside.

SquallX

xJLxKing

SquallX

h1a8
Same should go for Surfer vs Thanos.

SS doesn't know DD's capabilities. Remember when DD shot out his bones at Superman (Superman was trying to stay away). DD could do the exact same thing to Surfer.

carver9
Originally posted by h1a8
Same should go for Surfer vs Thanos.

SS doesn't know DD's capabilities. Remember when DD shot out his bones at Superman (Superman was trying to stay away). DD could do the exact same thing to Surfer.

It'll bounce off Surfer. Plus, Surfer can put shields up or go intangible.

Stoic

SquallX
Originally posted by carver9
It'll bounce off Surfer. Plus, Surfer can put shields up or go intangible.

Stop being stupid.

Pillow Biter
Just because writers once (or twice including the reprint) had Doom take the PC and used it as an excuse to jettison a lot of comic conventions on realism for a few issues doesn't mean that 'CIS off' typically equals you can argue based entirely off fully realistic applications of a power set. It should also be noted that even DoomSurfer still fell fall short of using the power set fully realistically.

Doomsday is going to win under typical comic conventions, even if Surfer is turned into a combination of Batman with the morality of a sociopath. It's not as if Thanos or Darkseid typically use their theoretical power sets anywhere near their fully-realistic potential. Neither does Sinestro, etc.

SquallX
Originally posted by Stoic
But a CIS off Surfer can stay well beyond Doomsday's grasp, and use his board from light years away to strike him at many times faster than light speed.

DD in the Imperiex Saga was slaughtering the probes in space. Surfer staying lightyears away to attack DD is not gonna hep him win this fight. Its actually the opposite. DD would become immune, and Surfer will need to get close to win.

True Kal didn't have transmutation powers, but remember who was helping him at the time. Waveriders powers are Chrono base. After the first attack on DD, the second one from Waverider became useless. DD adapted on the fly o chrono waves. So Surfer staying back and attack DD from light years away is a bad thing.

DD has already survived a tear in time in space when he was far weaker than he was in H/P. You also makes it sound like DD's just going to allow Surfer to grab him and transport him to said even horizon.

Surfer's only chance is to hit DD with his best shot from the get go, and if at any time he half ass it, he's not getting another chance. Case and surviving the Omega Beams and Waverider's chrono powers.

DarkSaint85
Arguably, Calaton and the Guardian meant that he became immune to energy attacks.

Witness how even when weakened, he was tanking the combined League's energy attacks.

leonidas
minus bfr ss loses 10/10.

krisblaze
How will Doomsday counter something like gravity nullification?

Through all his incarnations he has relied on leverage/momentum and has been grounded.

Am I misremembering?

SquallX
Originally posted by krisblaze
How will Doomsday counter something like gravity nullification?

Through all his incarnations he has relied on leverage/momentum and has been grounded.

Am I misremembering?

DD fought perfectly well in space during the Imperiex Saga. He even leaped at Imperiex Prime before he was killed.

DarkSaint85
He COULD....just nulify it lol.

Like with Martian Manhunters phasing. He just...evolved past it. Somehow.

krisblaze
He has yet to develop flight.

-Pr-
Originally posted by krisblaze
He has yet to develop flight.

How do you think he manoeuvred through space when fighting the probes, then? I'm not being snarky, I'm genuinely asking how you think he propelled himself.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by -Pr-
How do you think he manoeuvred through space when fighting the probes, then? I'm not being snarky, I'm genuinely asking how you think he propelled himself.

I'm guessing jumping. Unless you think he was flying? I'm also not being snarky. I think it'd be possible, but the nature of the character, I think it wouldn't happen stylistically. I also think he'd never encounter a situation where he couldn't just jump instead of fly, as little sense as that makes. If someone could beat him with an anti-gravity weapon that just has him sent flying from the rotation of a planet, he wouldn't be as impressive.

I would never want Doomsday to fly (Similar to the Hulk). Might as well just put a cape on him. There is a certain intimidation factor of a character just marching off in a direction, unstoppable. Similar to Kuurth.

-Pr-
I'm guessing jumping. Unless you think he was flying? I'm also not being snarky. I think it'd be possible, but the nature of the character, I think it wouldn't happen stylistically. I also think he'd never encounter a situation where he couldn't just jump instead of fly, as little sense as that makes. If someone could beat him with an anti-gravity weapon that just has him sent flying from the rotation of a planet, he wouldn't be as impressive.

I would never want Doomsday to fly (Similar to the Hulk). Might as well just put a cape on him. There is a certain intimidation factor of a character just marching off in a direction, unstoppable. Similar to Kuurth.

To be honest, I don't think I thought about it until this very thread. It could be jumping, sure, but off of what? Stray comets? The corpses of probes? The art does make it look more like jumping (iirc at least), but I was just sitting here thinking about it and realised that I dunno what the answer is.

Though I agree about not wanting him to fly. No thanks.

krisblaze

Same way Thor propels himself through universe without the hammer.

In other words, no ****ing clue.

xJLxKing

DarkSaint85
Tbf, the art had Flash running in space too....

Philosophía
Tbf, the art had Flash running in space too.... Well...it's because he was.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/145371/3002123-airslowerthanflash.jpg

krisblaze
Flash was running on lasers or electrons or something iirc.

krisblaze
You can see doomsday standing on the spaceship when he' fighting the first probe and then he visibly jumps off it to reach the other.

Later on it seems more like the others converge on him and he just takes them out.

-Pr-
I like how nobody is commenting on the fact that those are actual, god-damn tentacles coming out of J'onn's crotch.

Philosophía
I like how nobody is commenting on the fact that those are actual, god-damn tentacles coming out of J'onn's crotch. J'onn was ready to rape Darkseid at a moment's notice.

Stoic
Originally posted by leonidas
minus bfr ss loses 10/10.

That's really all that needs to be said.

Stoic
Originally posted by Damborgson
Singularity in the head thumb up

Was wondering if this would actually work?

celeyhyga17
I like how nobody is commenting on the fact that those are actual, god-damn tentacles coming out of J'onn's crotch.
yeah but did u see Kyle compensating after he saw J'onn's multipeen?

Nibedicus
It's like Superman went and said:

"Choose your poison: Fisting, Tentacle Rape, BBC (big bouncy c***), trident-up-the-bum, multi-penetration green dildo or gangbang vibrator?"

Who drew that? O_O

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.