Toxic Fandoms? DCEU/MCU/Star Wars

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BruceSkywalker
Which fanbase is much more toxic or are all three the same...

playa1258
I think Star Wars is the most toxic at the moment. TLJ put the fanbase into open civil war with Solo adding fuel to the fire and Lucasfilm firing back at fans.

Fans are now personally attacking the actors so much that Kelly Marie Tran deleted all of here social media.

Say what you want about the DCEU but at least people have been supportive of the actors themselves. Snyder for all the shit he got never fired back at the fans for their hate unlike Lucasfilm.

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by playa1258
Lucasfilm firing back at fans.

What'd they say?

playa1258
Kennedy talking that she does not have cater to male fans and Abrams saying people hate TLJ due to be threatened by females.

They just can't admit that many don't find their movies any good.

quanchi112
Star Wars fans were pricks well before I came on board always bitching up a Storm and driving George Lucas nuts. I here to steer their fandom back into a reasonable bunch of people. Yw. In Snoke we trust.

quanchi112
Bunch of assholes.

https://screenrant.com/rian-johnson-kelly-marie-tran-star-wars-trolls/

Kazenji
Star Wars these days closely followed by DCeu.

BruceSkywalker
Kennedy talking that she does not have cater to male fans and Abrams saying people hate TLJ due to be threatened by females.

how exactly is that toxic??

Kazenji
I find it stupid with Kennedy how she that photo wearing a t-shirt with 'The Force is female'

when most SW fans know the force is gender-less.

ares834
SW fans have been toxic since '83.

Now days almost all fandoms are toxic. Though few are quite as bad as SW.

playa1258
Because that is excuse making by the people involved with Disney Star Wars. Doing nothing but feeling the hate. In addition many are claiming identity politics being shoved in their faces from these new films.

Many can't stand that. The backlash is very real.

NotAllThatEvil
Star wars, I think a big part of that is the disservice to some of the character's legacy. Yeah Batman v superman wasn't very good, but at least superman and Batman acted like superman and batman.

NemeBro
Star Wars. After that, in general neither MCU or DCEU are particularly toxic. On this board, MCU. It helps that I can't actually recall a fan of the DCEU on this board. Zack M I guess?

playa1258
There is plenty of DC fans here. If the DCEU can turn it around they will come out of the woodwork.

TheVaultDweller
So, they are lost to us forever then? stick out tongue

Flyattractor
More like KMC is just a dying board.

BackFire
Star Wars for sure. Fan base can be really gross.

Flyattractor
The Star Wars fans just want Good Star Wars Movies. The Disney/Lucasfilms have kind of created its own Toxicness. Kind of like how the Marvel Comics People keep shitting on the Marvel Comics Fans.

Khazra Reborn

That's hilarious. Keep screwing with the fans and see what happens, Solo's failure will just be the first of many with that attitude.

steverules_2

I hated TLJ because it was shit, I like Rey. It's Ghostbusters 2016 all over again, I hated that cause it was shit not because it was a bunch of women. This is my one problem with female lead roles, if the movie ends up being shit immediately it's assumed because people hate female leads rather than admitting 'no the movie is actually bad.'

Darth Thor
Yeah was gonna say, all us Prequel and ROTJ fans know how toxic the fandom has been for decades.

Only difference is online forums are much bigger now and a lot of the media is taking notice.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Kazenji
I find it stupid with Kennedy how she that photo wearing a t-shirt with 'The Force is female'

when most SW fans know the force is gender-less. It was a promotion by Nike iirc blown completely out of context by agenda driven fans. It was not just her idea at all.

quanchi112

CPT Space Bomb
DCEU FANBOYS are the worst. Not fans but fanboys. Difference.

DCEU fanboys go around hosting events to downvote all Marvel films on all sites possible and try to spoil Marvel films for fans. They actually organize trolling. Most MCU fans are just happy that we have a great universe to enjoy.

Estacado
Edit: What CPT said Dcu fans rather bash other franchises then admit that the movies suck....

Darth Thor
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
DCEU FANBOYS are the worst. Not fans but fanboys. Difference.

DCEU fanboys go around hosting events to downvote all Marvel films on all sites possible and try to spoil Marvel films for fans. They actually organize trolling. Most MCU fans are just happy that we have a great universe to enjoy.

True at least Star Wars fans focus their hate on their own franchise!

Surtur
Originally posted by Darth Thor
True at least Star Wars fans focus their hate on their own franchise!

Sometimes irrationally and sometimes not so irrationally. It's hard for me to really say the hate it's currently receiving isn't at least somewhat deserved.

We've had 4 films so far in this new SW's universe. Even from the first one you had some SJW type stuff in it. However, it was able to be in there without necessarily making the movie shitty. As more movies have come out we are seeing they are less and less capable of inserting this nonsense without having it drag down the film.

StiltmanFTW

Don't forget about their whole "Your Snoke theory sucks" campaign.

And then they gave us 1 scene with Snoke that was a blatant copy of RotJ... nothing's been revealed and he died, faceplanting the floor.

Surtur
The trash heap formerly known as Snoke is still the best thing about NuWars.

Flyattractor

StiltmanFTW
Go and post in GDF again.

quanchi112

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Not at KMC. You Ugly Marvel Fans are doing that here. No we're not. You didn't even read what I was saying you pathetic dolt. Reading comprehension 101 apparently isn't your strong suit.

ares834
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Don't forget about their whole "Your Snoke theory sucks" campaign.

And then they gave us 1 scene with Snoke that was a blatant copy of RotJ... nothing's been revealed and he died, faceplanting the floor.

After TFA, Snoke was never going to be anything but Palpatine 2.0. Killing him off was the best thing TLJ did.

Surtur

Kennedy should not be let near another Star Wars project. Not in any capacity. Not even to serve coffee to people on the set.

Robtard
Star Wars: Episode I, 1999, that's when SW fans became toxic. Could say it was back in 83' when RotJ came out, but the hatred the Ewoks got was nothing compared with vitriol we've had since the PT and it's only become more petty and toxic with Ep7 and beyond.

Bashar Teg
meanwhile, anyone who criticized SW prequels was casually dismissed as a "hater" and deserving of scorn. plenty of toxic dumbcunts on both sides of that debate.

Robtard
My comment covered all SW fans which would include the people you're referring too, if that was directed at me.

Darth Thor
It wasnt criticism over the prequels that was he problem. It was the toxicity towards George Lucas, Hayden Christenson and heck even Jake Lloyd. That guy faced serious harassment and bullying all his life just because some people didnt like TPM.

Heck pricks like Simon Pegg would make comments like- I cant respect anyone who likes the prequels. Thats going beyond mere movie criticism. Its personally insulting fans of those films.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Robtard
Star Wars: Episode I, 1999, that's when SW fans became toxic. Could say it was back in 83' when RotJ came out, but the hatred the Ewoks got was nothing compared with vitriol we've had since the PT and it's only become more petty and toxic with Ep7 and beyond.

The toxicity reached its apogeum with TLJ.

Don't think it can get any worse.

Quincy
Star Wars seems particularly rough. The The DC fans seem the most petty.

Fanboyism in general has grown into a real negative area in my eyes.

Dr Will Hatch
With Star Wars, I think there are plenty of legitimate reasons to dislike the newer movies, but those reasonable complaints get drowned out in sea of unwashed neckbeards and other assorted losers who can't get dates who complain about a nonexistent SJW agenda, so they take their misplaced frustration and paranoia out on fictional characters and their actors/creators. Extremely toxic fandom, and I hate dealing with them.

DCEU fans are so out of touch with reality sometimes that it's hard to stay mad at them, because often we're not even watching the same movie. They think BvS is some arthouse flick when it's really just an incomprehensible mess and that MoS was some genius deconstruction of Superman when it doesn't understand the character from the first scene he's in. In those terms, I actually kind of feel sorry for them, but they're still plenty toxic and petty.

MCU fanboys can definitely be toxic and annoying, but nearly as much as the first two.

Quincy
I second what he said ^

Rage.Of.Olympus
I think the SW fan base is super toxic but the people currently in charge are idiots. Mark Hamil WARNED them. He said think about the fans. How can you have a fandom so devoted, they turned a movie about a farm boy in a galaxy far far away into a behemoth, and expect NOT to take their feelings into consideration or what they want. It's ridiculous and shows a huge level of arrogance and misunderstanding of human nature.

The new director dismissed fans. The movie tore down everything from the past. And it wasn't done in, it's time for a new era vibe. They called the old toxic, irrelevant and burned it like the Jedi tree. It was also a huge shift from the last movie tonally.

I'm a passive SW fan but man, I can't imagine how some of the hard core supporters must feel. Those dudes hype the movie and put in so much work, Kennedy should be sending them dividends.

And saying there isn't any SJW agenda is bogus after the Solo movie droid. It sounded like it was reading Twitter. It's gotten to the point where it takes you out of the movie.

No one deserves SM hate, but spitting in the face of those old school fans like they did and not expecting a huge back lash is stupid. Those SW fans kept the franchise running for 15 ****ing years in between trilogies. That's a level of commitment greater than most marriages. People are emotionally invested in this to an extreme level. You don't walk into a project like this lightly. If you do, you're a moron.

It's angry neckbeards and delusional creatives. I just wanted the feeling I felt when I wanted a movie about a farm boy with a magic sword taking down an evil Empire. If I wanted nuisanced social commentary, I wouldn't pay for a movie where evil and good are polar opposites that can warp the world around you.

ares834
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
And saying there isn't any SJW agenda is bogus after the Solo movie droid. It sounded like it was reading Twitter. It's gotten to the point where it takes you out of the movie.

I'm pretty sure that was meant as parody. At least I hope it was...

Dr Will Hatch
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I think the SW fan base is super toxic but the people currently in charge are idiots. Mark Hamil WARNED them. He said think about the fans. How can you have a fandom so devoted, they turned a movie about a farm boy in a galaxy far far away into a behemoth, and expect NOT to take their feelings into consideration or what they want. It's ridiculous and shows a huge level of arrogance and misunderstanding of human nature.

The new director dismissed fans. The movie tore down everything from the past. And it wasn't done in, it's time for a new era vibe. They called the old toxic, irrelevant and burned it like the Jedi tree. It was also a huge shift from the last movie tonally.

I'm a passive SW fan but man, I can't imagine how some of the hard core supporters must feel. Those dudes hype the movie and put in so much work, Kennedy should be sending them dividends.

No one deserves SM hate, but spitting in the face of those old school fans like they did and not expecting a huge back lash is stupid. Those SW fans kept the franchise running for 15 ****ing years in between trilogies. That's a level of commitment greater than most marriages. People are emotionally invested in this to an extreme level. You don't walk into a project like this lightly. If you do, you're a moron.

It's angry neckbeards and delusional creatives. I just wanted the feeling I felt when I wanted a movie about a farm boy with a magic sword taking down an evil Empire. If I wanted nuisanced social commentary, I wouldn't pay for a movie where evil and good are polar opposites that can warp the world around you.

Don't get me wrong. I really dislike the new Star Wars movies(Rogue One excepted). The Force Awakens was one of the most disappointing experiences I have ever had watching a movie, and TLJ pissed me off just as much. The OT is special to me like it is to a lot of people. I just don't want to be compared to the people that harassed Rose Tico.

Darth Thor
I dont care about SJW agendas as long as the characters are properly developed and it doesnt feel like theyre forcing it in.

StiltmanFTW
It wasnt criticism over the prequels that was he problem. It was the toxicity towards George Lucas, Hayden Christenson and heck even Jake Lloyd. That guy faced serious harassment and bullying all his life just because some people didnt like TPM.

Heck pricks like Simon Pegg would make comments like- I cant respect anyone who likes the prequels. Thats going beyond mere movie criticism. Its personally insulting fans of those films.

https://tinyurl.com/y85akfru

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
With Star Wars, I think there are plenty of legitimate reasons to dislike the newer movies, but those reasonable complaints get drowned out in sea of unwashed neckbeards and other assorted losers who can't get dates who complain about a nonexistent SJW agenda, so they take their misplaced frustration and paranoia out on fictional characters and their actors/creators. Extremely toxic fandom, and I hate dealing with them.

DCEU fans are so out of touch with reality sometimes that it's hard to stay mad at them, because often we're not even watching the same movie. They think BvS is some arthouse flick when it's really just an incomprehensible mess and that MoS was some genius deconstruction of Superman when it doesn't understand the character from the first scene he's in. In those terms, I actually kind of feel sorry for them, but they're still plenty toxic and petty.

MCU fanboys can definitely be toxic and annoying, but nearly as much as the first two. There is no "non-existant" SJW agenda. Kathleen Kennedy is a third wave feminist. She has injected feminism into the movies to the point of absurdity. Notice how all white males in TLJ were portrayed. They were either villains (Hux, Kylo) or failures (Luke) who either needed to be beaten and humiliated or just saved/taught/inspired by the females. I have no problem with "Strong female characters". I'm probably one of only a few people that watched and enjoyed Ghost in the Shell. I liked Wonder Woman. Etc, I shouldn't have to explain that and I'm done doing so. What I DO have problems with is feminism. It is a plague on our society and it's largely why a LOT of people are furious with TLJ. But again, the SJW agenda that Disney has been pushing is far from the least of the problems. There were many reasons why TLJ was bad. Anyway, keep being blind to the problem; you're just like Disney. You refuse to acknowledge the main issues with SW (forced political bullshit in a fantasy escapism film).

Funny thing is Christian Harloff (Collider) thinks Episide 9 is going to make 2 billion dollars.... laughing

Surtur

My issue was with the "Star wars raped muh childhood!" BS.

Hayden and Jake just tried to make the best of the shit they were given. Though I think George Lucas does deserve some toxicity. I don't mean harassment, but I firmly believe the prequels suffered in quality because people were just afraid to say "no" to George. Nobody sat him down once and said "Jar Jar Binks is f*cking terrible, I'd rather dip my face in a vat acid than listen to him". Nobody. And when Lucas proudly claimed "Jar jar is the key!" nobody said a god damn thing lol. Just nodded like jackasses.

And then we have the romantic dialogue. Dear lord...

Robtard

Absolutely.

Robtard
The toxicity reached its apogeum with TLJ.

Don't think it can get any worse.

Just wait until ep9 stick out tongue

CPT Space Bomb
Just wait until ep9 stick out tongue I doubt there will be as much uproar because there will still be a large majority of Solo boycotters who also boycott Ep. 9.

Robtard
Ep9 will still likely break the billion dollar mark, so there's going to be plenty of people watching it to then complain about some SJW aspect or Daisy Ridley (who is hot) being too fat or whatever.

I predict it will make more than TLJ but less than TFA, as it doesn't have the "A NEW STARWARS!!1!" appeal that TFA did, but it has the 'Final chapter in this trilogy' aspect going for it. So I'm going with 1.69 billion for Star Wars: Episode IX.

StiltmanFTW
Just wait until ep9 stick out tongue

I knew you'd say that laughing out loud

At least it's not directed by Rian... Abrams is bearable.

Robtard
Ep9 will still likely break the billion dollar mark, so there's going to be plenty of people watching it to then complain about some SJW aspect or Daisy Ridley (who is hot) being too fat or whatever.

I predict it will make more than TLJ but less than TFA, as it doesn't have the "A NEW STARWARS!!1!" appeal that TFA did, but it has the 'Final chapter in this trilogy' aspect going for it. So I'm going with 1.69 billion for Star Wars: Episode IX.

To CPT Space Bomb,

Reading my post, it seems like I'm saying there are no legit criticisms of the newer films, there certainly are.

Robtard
I knew you'd say that laughing out loud

At least it's not directed by Rian... Abrams is bearable.

I am happy that Abrams is back on, but I don't think Johnson did a horrible job with TLJ, despite its flaws.

Darth Thor
^ I despise TFA, so not looking forward to Abrams return.

My issue with Rey stems from TFA.

Originally posted by Surtur
My issue was with the "Star wars raped muh childhood!" BS.

Hayden and Jake just tried to make the best of the shit they were given. Though I think George Lucas does deserve some toxicity. I don't mean harassment, but I firmly believe the prequels suffered in quality because people were just afraid to say "no" to George. Nobody sat him down once and said "Jar Jar Binks is f*cking terrible, I'd rather dip my face in a vat acid than listen to him". Nobody. And when Lucas proudly claimed "Jar jar is the key!" nobody said a god damn thing lol. Just nodded like jackasses.

And then we have the romantic dialogue. Dear lord...

I mean, its his story. Hes the one who gave those guys the OT, and that doesnt change.

No toxicity is deserved towards him at all for that IMO. I mean what toxicity did Steven Spielberg get for Jurassic Park 2, or for Kingdom of the Crystal Skull?

None. And he shouldnt.

I understand a level of annoyance for the Changes made to the OT, especially when they wont release the original theatrical versions on Digital/Blu-Ray. So those criticisms of Lucas are valid. But thats where it should end.

CPT Space Bomb

I predict it will make more than TLJ but less than TFA, as it doesn't have the "A NEW STARWARS!!1!" appeal that TFA did, but it has the 'Final chapter in this trilogy' aspect going for it. So I'm going with 1.69 billion for Star Wars: Episode IX. Lol, people were calling Daisy "fat" weren't they?! laughing WTF...

Anyway, I can't say I agree with you on how much it's going to make. Would I be surprised if it made over 1.5 billion? At this point yes actually. My guess is it makes closer to the 1.3 that TLJ made...but we'll see. The only way I see it making more is if WOM is great and the movie tries to heal the wounds to the community that TLJ caused. Not sure how they'd go about doing that but yah.

StiltmanFTW
^ I despise TFA, so not looking forward to Abrams return.

My issue with Rey stems from TFA.

You gotta admit one thing, though.

Han's death is not so lame now, when you remember what Han's boss told him - ""Assume everyone will betray you and you'll never be disappointed."

I predict we'll get flooded with memes in a month or two.

ares834
Except the OT flipped that lesson around for Han.

Robtard
Lol, people were calling Daisy "fat" weren't they?! laughing WTF...

Anyway, I can't say I agree with you on how much it's going to make. Would I be surprised if it made over 1.5 billion? At this point yes actually. My guess is it makes closer to the 1.3 that TLJ made...but we'll see. The only way I see it making more is if WOM is great and the movie tries to heal the wounds to the community that TLJ caused. Not sure how they'd go about doing that but yah.

Oh yeah, she worked out and filled herself out a little bit and she was labelled "Fat" by the SW vitriol spewing types. Personally, she was just cute in TFA, she's better looking/sexy in TLJ.

Fair enough, we'll see there.

Robtard

Han's death is not so lame now, when you remember what Han's boss told him - ""Assume everyone will betray you and you'll never be disappointed."

Good catch thumb up

quanchi112
Ridley is sexier in TFA but I like my women thin. Not that it matters but criticizing her weight is silly. Star Wars fans can be a little nutty.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by quanchi112
Ridley is sexier in TFA but I like my women thin.

I like fit women with big butts. Vida Guerra is super hot :

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41OtBpA7P6L.jpg

quanchi112

Darth Thor

Han not being able to see that coming was the dumbest thing ever.

Leia sending Han on his own to go bring back Kylo was also dumb. Its like she wanted her husband gone.

StiltmanFTW
Han not being able to see that coming was the dumbest thing ever.

Maybe he was able, but wanted to try anyway.

Leia sending Han on his own to go bring back Kylo was also dumb. Its like she wanted her husband gone.

They weren't together anymore. Women are like that, more than willing to sacrifice anyone and anything if there's a chance for saving their kids.

Still hated the scene, tbh. Didn't feel anything when Han died. And Kylo looks like a pussy without the mask.

DarthPlaguis12
For once I agree with quan...well more then once, Gal Gadot is a goddess

WolvesofBabylon
Well at least Quan has good taste in women. Gadot is perfect

Darth Thor

Still hated the scene, tbh. Didn't feel anything when Han died. And

Bingo.

It was trying to imitate Bens death in ANH, but completely failed in giving that same effect.

StiltmanFTW
Bingo.

It was trying to imitate Bens death in ANH, but completely failed in giving that same effect.

Then it got even worse with Luke dying in TLJ... now THAT was a blatant rip-off.

And just in case you didn't mind Kylo's face, Rian made sure to expose his weird chest to the audience laughing out loud

quanchi112

relentless1
Oh Star Wars fans by far, DC fans might petition for things and whatnot but they aren't known for sending hate mail and death threats like Star Wars fans have recently. Both Marvel and DC are rumoured to have done things like spiking RT and IMDB ratings but nothing concrete; besides thats more petty than hateful.

quanchi112
Marvel fans in general are by far the best. Partly due to my example. Ok not partly mainly due to me.

relentless1
hey Quan, Maul, Snoke and Thanos have a dick sucking marathon, who finishes their john first???

quanchi112

tkitna
Guess i'm to old because I dont really pay attention to Star Wars fans. I admit also that my taste in the movies is rare compared to everybody else. My favorite of all of them is 'Attack Of The Clones' and thats coming from somebody who saw 'A New Hope' at the drive-in in 77' when I was young. Sure Christensen sucked, but so what. Hated 'The Force Awakens' but thought 'The Last Jedi' was alright ironically. Havent seen Solo.

As for the DCEU fans, I almost feel sorry for them if it wasnt for how insufferable some of them were before the movies were released. Afterwards they find any angle they can to defend them. The 'it made money' argument was my favorite. Sure they made money, but the movie itself still sucked and underperformed horribly. All they have to hang their hats on is the terribly overused Batman and a WW movie the was average to decent at best. Like I said, they defend these movies until the end when even they know they are garbage for the most part and the whole thing needs scrapped so they can start over.

MCU fans are tough sometimes too, but lets be honest, Marvel makes freaking awesome movies. Fans that brag, have a right I guess.

Darth Thor

And just in case you didn't mind Kylo's face, Rian made sure to expose his weird chest to the audience laughing out loud

You know when Anakin is topless in ROTS, he was completely cut. So what the heck was that with Kylos topless scene.

Rey told him to cover up because it was truly a disgusting sight.

CPT Space Bomb
My order of preference for the "big three" right now.

1. MCU- I mean, it's hands down the best cinematic universe right now; not even close.

2. DCEU - I think BVS and SS are hot garbage but the rest aren't as bad as the reviews say. Also, they've mostly steered away from political bullshit which brings me to.

3. Star Wars. Once this was my favorite film franchise. Those days are long gone. Political agendas and just bad plots being shoved into the new movies left and right is bullshit, and the way Kathleen hates the original trilogy/characters really shows.

John Murdoch
Bingo.

It really hurt that Kylo being Han's son was revealed by exposition-hologram Snoke.

Imagine if it wasn't even mentioned during the movie up until Han, Finn, and Chewie go to Starkiller Base to blow it up and rescue Rey:
- The charges are planted, and Rey links back up with the group.
- However, it's about to go south. Han walks out toward Kylo. What is he thinking?
- He cries out, "Ben!" Kylo turns around. Ben? What does he mean?
- And then, BOOM: drop the bombshell Empire Strikes Back style. Han is Kylo's father
- Kylo kills Han.

The audience has to digest two big reveals: Han is Kylo's father, and now Han is dead at the hands of his son.

cdtm
MCU definitely deserves to be on this list.

Give even a hint of disliking a movie in their sacred franchise, and they turn into something that would give SJW's and Trumpers reason to set aside their differences because "At least you aren't as bad as that guy".

quanchi112

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by cdtm
MCU definitely deserves to be on this list.

Give even a hint of disliking a movie in their sacred franchise, and they turn into something that would give SJW's and Trumpers reason to set aside their differences because "At least you aren't as bad as that guy". You can dislike the MCU if you want, you're well within your rights. That said, the MCU makes OBJECTIVELY good movies; i.e. they are beloved by both critics AND fans AAAANNNDDD make a boat load of money. It's the triple threat. But yah, if you are one of the few people that hate the MCU I feel sorry for you. I love and enjoy the MCU.

NemeBro
That said, the MCU makes OBJECTIVELY good movies; i.e. they are beloved by both critics AND fans AAAANNNDDD make a boat load of money. None of those things make them objectively good movies.

Also, you feel sorry for people who don't like the MCU? What a phaggot thing to say. laughing out loud

And I like the MCU, better than I do new Star Wars and far better than DCEU.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by NemeBro
None of those things make them objectively good movies. Oh boy, here we go. ENLIGHTEN us then, dear Nemebro, what makes a good movie. If Critics like it, and fans like it and it makes a ton of money.....is it objectively BAD because YOU say so Nemebro? Is Godfather Bad? Is The Fellowship of the Ring BAD? Just because some small amount of people have bad taste doesn't mean those films are bad.I thought you were all about SJW progression, then you go and make a homophobic statement like that. For shame Nemenuts, for shame. Oh wow, you're like, in the majority of people in the world. Good for you tiger! You get a gold star!

NemeBro
Oh boy, here we go. ENLIGHTEN us then, dear Nemebro, what makes a good movie.

Good acting, direction, depending on genre (I'd say superhero films count for this) impressive visual effects, and of course solid writing (I'm not going to sit down with you and spend hours going over what makes a film's writing good). Of those the MCU has the first three largely all the time, and they're okay in the latter. It varies by movie.

Yes. smile

No, and what all those films have in common funnily enough is that they're much better than the MCU. smile

Funnily enough I don't recall saying they were. thumb up

Your mother was a venereal disease-ridden prostitute who was raped by the father you never knew and killed herself when she saw what an autistic phaggot you are. thumb up smile

What SJW tendencies do you believe I've showcased my son?

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not. Is it that you measure your self-worth by how people perceive the MCU? I think that might be the case.

The MCU is not as good as you seem to think it is my friend. Comparing it to the Godfather or Lord of the Rings? laughing out loud

Anyway, I have a nine hour plane trip to take now and will be gone for over a week, so don't wait up on a response for a while. smile

quanchi112

Flyattractor
Yes. Because only YOUR Shitty Opinion Matters.

quanchi112
Troll.

Flyattractor
Mean Spirited Munchkin

quanchi112
Troll.

Flyattractor
Monchichi

quanchi112
Troll.

Flyattractor
Monchichi

Surtur
The LOTR trilogy was awesome. They put a lot of work and detail into it. Of course that itself doesn't automatically make a good movie, but it shows the dedication. It gives you an epic feeling that the MCU movies just do not deliver IMO. The Hobbit trilogy...eh. A lot of people hated it, but I give it a pass cuz it had awesome fight scenes. Plus Legolas was awesome in it.

quanchi112
Monchichi Troll.

Flyattractor
The LOTR trilogy was awesome. They put a lot of work and detail into it. Of course that itself doesn't automatically make a good movie, but it shows the dedication. It gives you an epic feeling that the MCU movies just do not deliver IMO. The Hobbit trilogy...eh. A lot of people hated it, but I give it a pass cuz it had awesome fight scenes. Plus Legolas was awesome in it.

That is what Inf War's really remined me of. A hash up of the last 2 Lotr and Hobbit Movies.

Been there, Seen it and Seen it done better.

Still a fun turn off the Brain Popcorn movie, but nothing really special any more.

Oh and....

Monchichi.

laughing

quanchi112
MCU is just on another level in terms of success than the Lotr. MCU is the top dog, trolls.

Flyattractor
Yes. MCU has a lot to thank to LOTR. With out them MCU couldn't have ripped off their Movie making Style

and..

S9C6YyRT5AY

Surtur
Yes. MCU has a lot to thank to LOTR. With out them MCU couldn't have ripped off their Movie making Style

and..

S9C6YyRT5AY

od3cNTl40VI

Why is the kid getting enjoyment out of tickling the things feet?

Flyattractor
od3cNTl40VI

Why is the kid getting enjoyment out of tickling the things feet?

You would have to ask Quanchi-chi that...

eek!

quanchi112
MCU is better than Lotr who cares. Nothing compares to the MCU in terms of objective success.

Surtur
We get it, you love Marvel movies.

quanchi112

Surtur
I do, but not all of the movies...and not to the obsessive degree you do.

I especially enjoyed movies like Dr. Strange and Civil War. Also Ant-Man turned out quite well too. And Thor Ragnarok was absolutely outstanding. Better than Infinity Wars IMO. The quality of the first two films doesn't even compare.

And for those who haven't seen Ragnarok..it is now on netflix.

quanchi112
I do, but not all of the movies...and not to the obsessive degree you do.

I especially enjoyed movies like Dr. Strange and Civil War. Also Ant-Man turned out quite well too. And Thor Ragnarok was absolutely outstanding. Better than Infinity Wars IMO. The quality of the first two films doesn't even compare.

And for those who haven't seen Ragnarok..it is now on netflix. Not more than Lotr. You just like it casually. Infinity War is the best film ever by far.

Surtur
Originally posted by quanchi112
Not more than Lotr. You just like it casually. Infinity War is the best film ever by far.

It's more than casual, but okay. Also your custom title says "greatest film ever". Surely that is just referring to the MCU, right?

quanchi112

Surtur

quanchi112

Surtur

quanchi112
You can't truly believe this. Yes, I can and do. Nothing is better than this film.

samhain
Can't say I've ever really understood the whole 'In order to love Marvel I have to hate DC' thing. Growing up I mostly collected Marvel comics but I didn't collect them all and was more than happy to read DC stuff that I liked, the company that produced the comics was never that important. Not really a Superman fan but that won't stop me from hoping that any future movies might be entertaining.

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by samhain
Can't say I've ever really understood the whole 'In order to love Marvel I have to hate DC' thing. Growing up I mostly collected Marvel comics but I didn't collect them all and was more than happy to read DC stuff that I liked, the company that produced the comics was never that important. Not really a Superman fan but that won't stop me from hoping that any future movies might be entertaining.

I like both companies comics as well, the DC movies just happen to be hot garbage water.

quanchi112

Flyattractor
S9C6YyRT5AY

Yes. I will agree. The Vast Majority of People are not KOO KOOMACHOO Like our little Quanchi-chi!

quanchi112
Troll.

Flyattractor
S9C6YyRT5AY

Quanchi-chi The Monchhichi!

quanchi112
Troll.

Flyattractor
S9C6YyRT5AY

Quanchi-chi The Monchhichi!

quanchi112
Troll.

Flyattractor
S9C6YyRT5AY

Quanchi-chi The Monchhichi

quanchi112
Get back to the topic. Dceu is the worst followed by Star Wars. MCU is by far the best fanbase on the planet.

Flyattractor
Makes you wonder how the Disney allowed themselves to F-Up Star Wars so much then.

quanchi112

Robtard
When if comes to fandom toxicity, Star Wars has the most vitriolic fans.

Flyattractor
That is because Lucas made Bad Movies. Same with Katy Kennedy and Big Head Rian Johnson. The FANS still LOVE Star Wars. They just HATE the People who are Making the Movies.
SW Fan base is still Strong. They just have higher standards the the MCU Fans, who will buy any old garbage at this point.

quanchi112

Flyattractor
And yet it is DISNEY that RUINED Star Wars?

And You just admitted that you BLINDLY Follow said Corporation regardless of it.

Oh you Sad Little Quanchi-chi.

And just because you can CONVINCE your self with your own made up facts...that doesn't make it Reality.

quanchi112

Flyattractor
I wonder if they didn't make money how much your Opinion would change?

quanchi112

Flyattractor
Uh Huh. Sure you do.

quanchi112

Flyattractor
Your made up facts and imaginings can hardly be called facts.

quanchi112
Your made up facts and imaginings can hardly be called facts. What made up facts? You claimed I only love Disney when they make money but solo clearly bombed. Do you think any of those horseshit through? You just disproved your own theory.

Your idiocy knows no bounds. Apparently.

quanchi112
Geoff Johns to step down. Poor dc. They fail everywhere.

https://screenrant.com/geoff-johns-dc-entertainment-comics-role/

Flyattractor
Except in Comics and TV Shows. There they kick Marvels Ass.

quanchi112

StiltmanFTW
Saying that DC kicks anyone's ass with their abominable TV shows is wrong as f*ck laughing out loud They can't even get the heat vision color right.

DC makes good animated films and that's it. Nothing more.

Darth Thor

StiltmanFTW
I never cared much for effects, but Marvel shows have better CGI than DCEU films...

https://i.imgur.com/85B5z90.jpg

laughing

Zack M
I'd say DC's are more versatile. Preacher is probably the best thing out right now.

Darth Thor
^ Ah I still have to catch up on season 2. Really dug the first season.

I also like I Zombie and Lucifer. So yeah I do appreciate the versatility.

quanchi112
Meh.

Zack M
^ Ah I still have to catch up on season 2. Really dug the first season.

I also like I Zombie and Lucifer. So yeah I do appreciate the versatility.

It's pretty good. I'm actually surprised that I Zombie lasted this long. Never watched it, TBH.

WB/DC has a crap load of imprints now. If they were smart, they should do something from Wildstorm (WildCATS, maybe), Milestone, 100 Bullets would be a good TV show from Vertigo, Young Animal, and now Geoff John's new Kill Zone imprint.

Oh, and Brian Michael Bendis's Jinx World imprint would be gold.

quanchi112
laughing out loud

Films are where the money and true excitement is at. Poorec fsns just want to talk about the tv shows. None of these shows compare to Game of Thrones a truly excellent tv show.

Josh_Alexander
I think Star Wars is the most toxic at the moment. TLJ put the fanbase into open civil war with Solo adding fuel to the fire and Lucasfilm firing back at fans.

Fans are now personally attacking the actors so much that Kelly Marie Tran deleted all of here social media.

Say what you want about the DCEU but at least people have been supportive of the actors themselves. Snyder for all the shit he got never fired back at the fans for their hate unlike Lucasfilm.

The SW fans are the rebels whilst Disney SW is the empire.

War has started.

quanchi112
Nah.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>