Hydro-Man Vs Magneto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Flyattractor
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/2e/f0/44/2ef0446b9140c7a4fa8e4959bcc88ae2--marvel-villains-marvel-comics.jpg

VS

http://www.writeups.org/wp-content/uploads/Magneto-Marvel-Comics-X-Men-Eisenhardt-Lehnsherr-Magnus-b.jpg

Fight takes place next to the Atlantic Ocean. Right next to teh U.S Navy's Huge Scrap Metal Fleet.

No BFR.

WHO WINS!?

Enzeru

MaZeRaIII
I suppose noone here heard of such basic trick known as electrolysis. Black Panther owned Hydro Man by using tech with this capability.

And if people do little research they would know of course know that Magneto has also shown ability to perform electrolysis, thus he can kill him with ease, simple as that really.

But anyways if people did more research they would also know that water is heavilly affected by magnetism, what it means that literally Magneto can bend Hydro Man like he bends metal essentially.

Of course he could also go classic and just vaporize him, which he of course can do, we are talking of a character who has ONE-SHOTTED Doctor Strange and Hulk, with holding back blasts damaged Hulk and Hercules at the same time, this type of power would kill Hydro Man obviously.

DarkSaint85
I wouldn't quite say owned....HM was still smiling after.

And later on, he's been able to take electricity just fine.

Also, he can apparently suck the water out of someone completely. Draining them.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by MaZeRaIII
I suppose noone here heard of such basic trick known as electrolysis. Black Panther owned Hydro Man by using tech with this capability.

And if people do little research they would know of course know that Magneto has also shown ability to perform electrolysis, thus he can kill him with ease, simple as that really.

But anyways if people did more research they would also know that water is heavilly affected by magnetism, what it means that literally Magneto can bend Hydro Man like he bends metal essentially.

Of course he could also go classic and just vaporize him, which he of course can do, we are talking of a character who has ONE-SHOTTED Doctor Strange and Hulk, with holding back blasts damaged Hulk and Hercules at the same time, this type of power would kill Hydro Man obviously.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6Mb5DA2wbqBBkwTu/giphy.gif

MaZeRaIII
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I wouldn't quite say owned....HM was still smiling after.

And later on, he's been able to take electricity just fine.

Also, he can apparently suck the water out of someone completely. Draining them.

Black Panther was clearly owning him. He straight up turned him into oxygen and hydrogen, and made him lose control over water, him smiling is irrelevant since the attack did factually work and he didn't gain control over water later, nor did his body return to normal state in that fight, thus it was succesful ploy from Panther's side, add to that BP's second electric attack straight up vaporized Hydro Man during the end of the fight and well, Magneto, he is straight up gonna kill Hydro Man with just one attack, the electrolysis, which is gonna be far more potent than the one that BP did.

Also He can't take on electricity just fine, the fight with BP by default debunks this notion, to add more there is a thing called basic physics, electrolysis simply causes a chemical process i.e. separation of hydrogen and oxygen from water, it literally decomposes it on MOLECULAR scale so to speak, so by definition, he can't take on electricity, since in effect it, for the lack of better term, "transmutes" water into hydrogen and oxygen separately, that's a universal constant of chemical reactions, friend. Add to that Magneto has ONE-SHOTTED Hulk, and while holding back damaged Herc and Hulk, then well it doesn't take a genius that street tier villain is not gonna electrical power that can cause this much damage to high-tiers.

Also how is he gonna drain Magneto? Are we gonna ignore that water is heavilly affected by magnetism, it is basically gonna be a water TK tug of war essentially, if Hydro tries to take control over Mag's water (which is mostly blood anyways, and as we know Mags can control bood very well), then Mag's magnetic field would grip on that water and render Hydro's grip tactic useless.

RealityWarper
I go with Magneto all day and everyday.

He is capable to turn the ice (which is solidified water) into Hydrogen and Oxygen.

This is a spite match ! ^^

https://i.imgur.com/ZxBaGW2.jpg

Moreover I'm almost certain that Magneto can confine Hydro Man in a magnetic fierld.

DarkSaint85
He's handled electricity just fine before.

Using basic physics isn't the best argument, it's comics.

But if we want to, sure. Blood is mostly water, more so than iron anyway.

So to use your tug of war analogy, one guy may be stronger, but he's only gripping with his pinky and thumb.....

Philosophía
Well, now I know who not to have as a judge for my battlezone with damborg! Darksaint would probably have him lose to Daredevil.

RealityWarper
Magneto's shields protects him while at the bottom of the Ocean.

I doubt that Hydro-man attacks can produce that much pressure.

Magneto is safe.

https://i.imgur.com/hxGEgNt.jpg

leonidas
laughing out loud first rage doesn't want him, now you say no.... gonna give the poor guy a complex.

MaZeRaIII
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
He's handled electricity just fine before.

Using basic physics isn't the best argument, it's comics.

But if we want to, sure. Blood is mostly water, more so than iron anyway.

So to use your tug of war analogy, one guy may be stronger, but he's only gripping with his pinky and thumb..... Him resisting before lacks basic relevancy, since he didn't resist type effect in that instance, there is slight difference between these notions, and since when elecrolysis function of electricity was applied and used against him, he faired very badly, and that's my argument here, we saw this attack work on him IN COMICS, and that's rather an end case, and as you seem to have ignored electrolysis works on MOLECULAR level, it simply DECOMPOSES water into hydrogen and oxygen, there is no tanking to that, it's essentially transmutation for the lack of better term, i thought you would grasp this notion from my earlier posts.

Also, It's comics is not a refutation, it's an excuse avoiding an argument, in our case WRITERS and COMICS did use this basic physics elements when BP or Magneto apply elecrolysis. WE have many characters and writers applying basic physics in comics. You would have a correct standpoint if the physics issue was related to let's say something as complicated as Relativity or Quantum Mechanics, in that case i couldn't disagree with you since your stance would be correct. But in our specific case electrolysis is not some mind breaking notion, it's something that is taught to little kids in school, so it's known phenomenon, and easy to grasp and employ in comics, and as showed by multiple instances they did employ this notion in comics.

But as for your gripping stipulations, friend, You do realize, that
A. Water is heavilly affected by magnetism, thus ALL parts of it are under Magneto's control, that's also basic physics for ya. Just read his early fights against Iceman, he was controlling his ice with ease, and there was no iron in ice mumbo jumbo going on, since Iceman was in his pure ice mode, and Mags still treated him as essentially a metal object for comparison, Iceman could not escape his grip.
B. Magneto can control not just the iron in blood, but the blood cells as a whole, a simple example showcasing that - https://readcomics.io/images/manga/magneto/20/3.jpg

So no Mags is not gripping with his pinky and thumb, he is gripping with a fricking robot hand essentially, and since RW already posted scans of Magneto affecting WATER on MOLECULAR level, call me when Hydro Man gets such finesse control, and as said Magneto also has raw power advantage as well, thus it is clear as day, that Mags has the basic advantages here to win.

Parmaniac
A. Water is heavilly affected by magnetism, thus ALL parts of it are under Magneto's control, that's also basic physics for ya. I give you a few minutes to think about how moronic that argument here is.

RealityWarper
Originally posted by Parmaniac
I give you a few minutes to think about how moronic that argument here is.

http://www1.lsbu.ac.uk/water/magnetic_electric_effects.html

Due to the partial covalency of water's hydrogen bonding, electrons are not held by individual molecules but are easily distributed amongst water clusters giving rise to coherent regions capable of interacting with local electric and magnetic fields and electromagnetic radiation .

Parmaniac
Originally posted by RealityWarper
http://www1.lsbu.ac.uk/water/magnetic_electric_effects.html

Due to the partial covalency of water's hydrogen bonding, electrons are not held by individual molecules but are easily distributed amongst water clusters giving rise to coherent regions capable of interacting with local electric and magnetic fields and electromagnetic radiation . Not my point at all, but thanks for quoting.

RealityWarper
Not my point at all, but thanks for quoting.

What's your point ?

Parmaniac
Originally posted by RealityWarper
What's your point ? He's making the claim

A. Water is heavilly affected by magnetism, thus ALL parts of it are under Magneto's control, that's also basic physics for ya.

He compares an existing force (magnetism) to a non existing (hydrokinesis) and is trying to make some kind of valid argument out of an impossible to proof claim.

Going by his own logic, since water is only "heavily affected" by magnetism, while hydrokinesis is all about controlling water and nothing else one would probably think that the latter has better chances in the water control department.

But he immediately draws the conclusion that evertything is under Mags control because dur. That is an absolute bonkers way to make an argument.

The cherry on top is that drawing this conclusion is basic physics (comparing existing forces to imaginary ones) laughing out loud

And just for the record I'm not saying Hydroman would win, I'm not even neccessarily making the claim he would win the "tug of war" between these two. I merely found this idiotic argment combined with a good level of arrogance unbearable.

One Big Mob
Magneto stabs him with adamantium shards.

RealityWarper
He's making the claim

He compares an existing force (magnetism) to a non existing (hydrokinesis) and is trying to make some kind of valid argument out of an impossible to proof claim.

Going by his own logic, since water is only "heavily affected" by magnetism, while hydrokinesis is all about controlling water and nothing else one would probably think that the latter has better chances in the water control department.

But he immediately draws the conclusion that evertything is under Mags control because dur. That is an absolute bonkers way to make an argument.

The cherry on top is that drawing this conclusion is basic physics (comparing existing forces to imaginary ones) laughing out loud

And just for the record I'm not saying Hydroman would win, I'm not even neccessarily making the claim he would win the "tug of war" between these two. I merely found this idiotic argment combined with a good level of arrogance unbearable.

I'm not sure that's the point he is trying to make.

Philosophía
non existing (hydrokinesis) Hydrokinesis doesn't exist in the real world?

What do you call me PISSING IN YOUR MOUTH, BOY?

One Big Mob
I wonder if Magneto would do better in his Magneto suit or in swimtrunks?

Is it his clothes getting wet that stops him and eventually gives him a mildew scent, or is he just a filthy boy who doesn't need no shower? I'd be interested to see how many times he got splashed with water in comics before I made my decision.

Parmaniac
wet dreams

Flyattractor
Originally posted by One Big Mob
I wonder if Magneto would do better in his Magneto suit or in swimtrunks?

Is it his clothes getting wet that stops him and eventually gives him a mildew scent, or is he just a filthy boy who doesn't need no shower? I'd be interested to see how many times he got splashed with water in comics before I made my decision.

Maggy's Big Purple Man Diaper would just soak it all up.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.