Actress of Rose deletes social media after harassment

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-asia-44379473

Ursumeles
Wait, Asians are "persons of color"?

|King Joker|
Kelly Marie Tran is yet another casuality of a long line of victims of Star Wars fan rage (Lloyd, Lucas, Christensen, Ridley). Sad, tbh.

Beniboybling
SW fans can be embrassing and pathetic yeah.

Kurk
Nobody deserves that crap. Harassing over someone's physical appearance, race, etc only demonstrates how simple-minded you are.

MythLord
I hated Rose, and her relationship with Finn, but Tran is a legit good person and didn't deserve this.

The.D0minator
she would have a good time on kmc

TheIndyJedi
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Kelly Marie Tran is yet another casuality of a long line of victims of Star Wars fan rage (Lloyd, Lucas, Christensen, Ridley). Sad, tbh.

Apparently the reason Ridley left was because she was getting too much addicted to Social Media.

TheIndyJedi
Yeh this ****ing sucks. The sad part is, she had such a positive personality.
No matter what you think of the character, you shouldn't blame the actress for doing her job.
I think its safe to say the Star Wars fanbase is the most toxic fanbase ever, even more so than DC and Marvel.

quanchi112
Pitiful hateful, nasty Star Wars fans.

Galan007
Why do people get so bothered by negative comments on social media? Makes no sense to me; never has. srsly

Kurk
Originally posted by Galan007
Why do people get so bothered by negative comments on social media? Makes no sense to me; never has. srsly Regardless, this type of behavior makes Star Wars fans as a whole look bad in the eyes of the mainstream people.

It's like when anonymous doxxed Ajit Pai's family because they were upset over net neutrality. Like, gee wizz, that'll definitely help your cause. It's not like the masses are now going to think of internet-dependent young adults as crazies who resort to illegal behaviors when threatened or anything!

Galan007
Well most 'mainstream' people won't be thinking about this next week, tbh.

Regardless, I just don't understand why some people get so upset when they are "attacked" on social media? It's the internet... Who gives a shit what a few f*cktards say?

Imo, running away from the "problem" makes you look even weaker... /shrug

Kurk

Regardless, I just don't understand why some people get so upset when they are "attacked" on social media? It's the internet... Who gives a shit what a few f*cktards say?

Imo, running away from the "problem" makes you look even weaker... /shrug Ordinarily I'd agree with you, but I'm approaching this from a cynical view-point.

Negative connotations were attached to Doom fans after a particular incident for a reason...

Trocity
What incident???

Darth Thor
Originally posted by |King Joker|

Honestly what Jake Lloyd went through was by far the worst. Harassed and bullied his entire life over TPM.

DarthPlaguis12

Kurk

Tzeentch

Imo, running away from the "problem" makes you look even weaker... /shrug

"Why do people assign value to things that don't really matter in the grand scheme of life???"

I don't know, it's weird. There is a kind of irony in asking that question on a message board that man-children use to come together and articulate their emotional investment in a franchise that was made for kids, though.

Galan007
Why is it ironic?

I just find it strange that people become SO invested in social media that comments made there from random trolls(whom they don't even know, mind you) actually affect them irl.

Don't understand it, and probably never will. My opinion: it's the internet... Who f*cking cares what people say? /shrug

quanchi112

Kurk
Elon musk trolls his trolls back actually, it's pretty funny.

@Trocity Star Wars was not intended for kids specifically lol.

NemeBro
Why is it ironic?

I just find it strange that people become SO invested in social media that comments made there from random trolls(whom they don't even know, mind you) actually affect them irl.

Don't understand it, and probably never will. My opinion: it's the internet... Who f*cking cares what people say? /shrug My man, you're apparently peeved off about Captain Marvel allegedly being the most powerful MCU hero. Something which I could not even begin to give a single shit about.

Different people lend different weights to different things.

Beniboybling
im confident i could get galan riled if i called him a big nob.

MythLord
Originally posted by NemeBro
My man, you're apparently peeved off about Captain Marvel allegedly being the most powerful MCU hero. Something which I could not even begin to give a single shit about.

Different people lend different weights to different things.
thumb up

Additionally, there's something unsettling about hundreds of people posting each day about how you suck; in a variety of ways. If it was just "U suck, lol!" that'd be fine, but when it's racist, mysoginistic comments and threats... well that's a different story.

TheIndyJedi
Originally posted by MythLord
thumb up

Additionally, there's something unsettling about hundreds of people posting each day about how you suck; in a variety of ways. If it was just "U suck, lol!" that'd be fine, but when it's racist, mysoginistic comments and threats... well that's a different story.

I disagree, telling people they "suck" is bad too.

MythLord
Originally posted by TheIndyJedi
I disagree, telling people they "suck" is bad too.
Sure it's immature, but tolerable. If people kept messaging me, commenting on my pictures and retweeting with "YOU SUCK!" I wouldn't bat an eye. I'd be annoyed if it was a consistent thing, but no more than that.

But if they said something along the lines of: All **** must die! You should go slit your throat! And other stuff like that(which seemed to follow Kelly) I'd definitely be unsettled.

DarthPlaguis12

Kurk
Originally posted by Beniboybling
im confident i could get galan riled if i called him a big nob. I managed to do it by calling him Kiddo. He and Zenwolf are the most difficult to piss-off for whatever reason.

TheIndyJedi
Originally posted by MythLord
Sure it's immature, but tolerable. If people kept messaging me, commenting on my pictures and retweeting with "YOU SUCK!" I wouldn't bat an eye. I'd be annoyed if it was a consistent thing, but no more than that.

But if they said something along the lines of: All **** must die! You should go slit your throat! And other stuff like that(which seemed to follow Kelly) I'd definitely be unsettled.

Ah I see ya point now

TheIndyJedi
Her acting was serviceable. Sure it wasn't oscar worthy or anything like that, but she did try her best, considering it was her first time in a big budget movie.

MythLord
Yes, and thus giving critique to her acting is definitely legit. But racial slander, and mysoginistic comments are too far.

Galan007
Originally posted by NemeBro
My man, you're apparently peeved off about Captain Marvel allegedly being the most powerful MCU hero. Something which I could not even begin to give a single shit about.

Different people lend different weights to different things. laughing out loud not at all.

Movies have absolutely no effect on my real life in any significant way, lol. I'm not quanchi, dood. sly

And yes, people are more than welcome to let social media comments dominate their personal lives if they so choose. Again, I couldn't care less either way. I just don't understand *why* anyone would let internet trolls bother them irl, because in the scheme of things it seems stupid to let shit like that legitimately rattle you on a personal level.

But yeah... Different strokes, I guess. /shrug

Originally posted by Beniboybling
im confident i could get galan riled if i called him a big nob. Nope, nothing.

https://i.imgur.com/2J568ms.gif

Zentrex
Galan, I really don't believe you'd be saying the same thing if you were her. Being repeatedly insulted constantly can cause legitimate sadness. You say that being called bad things don't matter in the grand scheme of things, but feelings are concerned with logic. It's psychologically painful to go through what star wars "fans" put her through.

quanchi112

Zentrex

Galan007
Originally posted by Zentrex
Galan, I really don't believe you'd be saying the same thing if you were her. Being repeatedly insulted constantly can cause legitimate sadness. You say that being called bad things don't matter in the grand scheme of things, but feelings are concerned with logic. It's psychologically painful to go through what star wars "fans" put her through. It wouldn't effect me, personally, because I don't give a single flying f*ck about social media on any real level. Maybe it comes from my line of work --seeing what I've seen-- but I can assure you: there are MUCH more legitimate things to concern yourself with than being 'e-bashed' on Instagram. srsly

One Big Mob
I find it weird how an article would write about how badly she was abused with zero proof, yet could post supporting tweets for her like that proved it.
I have no doubt some people said some ouchie things to her, but like most things, probably blown out of proportion.

Also Galan's issue is basically with the concept of cyber bullying.
*insert Tyler the Creator quote*

Unlike some cyber bullying though, we're supposed to feel sorry for the famous millionnaires who may or may not have earned that status. People think she did a piss poor job and it's their only way to tell them. Unlike going to Mcdonalds and complaining that no one speaks english, you have to do it online. Some went a little far allegedly.

Galan007
Originally posted by One Big Mob
Also Galan's issue is basically with the concept of cyber bullying. thumb up

I guess it dates me, but in my day(before the internet was much of a 'thing'), the only bullying people were concerned about was the real kind... You know, stuffing kids in lockers and making them eat clay. Shit like that.

This 'cyber-bullying' BS is basically the pussified version of that. If people can't cope with some internet trolling without having a complete breakdown, how in the hell will they ever get through actual life? As for celebrities getting trolled: it comes with the territory -- I have no sympathy for them whatsoever.

/soapbox rant

One Big Mob
Kelly Tran just made more money than the average American does in decades, but she also got called a chinaman and what have you. Poor girl.

You think Tomahawk Runningwater would really care about being called a chug online if he was making Kelly Tran money drying out cow hides?

Yes people might be meanies, but I really don't care when celebrities get "cyber bullied". Not to mention a lot gets blown out of proportion. Let her dry her tears with her bags of money.

quanchi112

Zentrex
k, sure. I like his robotic side.

Kurk
I'm taking quite a liking to Galan. Just like Thrawn, he's the analytical, rational type.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Zentrex
k, sure. I like his robotic side.

http://66.media.tumblr.com/de4d25dd1cf2f032d790404431284a9f/tumblr_o68ysfyBOG1sl21koo1_500.gif

Kurk
I like to think of myself as having the dark triad personality traits, but this elicited a reaction out of me:

Jar Jar Binks actor Ahmed Best nearly committed suicide after 'Star Wars' backlash

Like wow people; it's not the actor/actress's fault for the love of god. Calm your **** down and leave the edginess & 4chan type comments to KMC only. Thx.

DarthPlaguis12

Zentrex
I think it's about the dissonance people have with making comments online. We think so little of it when we post something, we don't think anyone else could think any more of it than we do. But they do, sometimes.

Sinious
I'm glad she is out. I don't wanna run into her profile and see that ugly pokemon face even for a second. I've already suffered enough in theatre.

Also, I love how all the biggest degenerates here defend the new trilogy.

DarthPlaguis12

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.