Atari VCS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Welcome back to the console scene, Atari, we've missed you.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/atari-vcs-game-stream-connect-like-never-before-computers-pc#/

Astner

cdtm
As if it wasn't obvious crowd funding became a money making scheme before, this all but shouts "IT'S A SCAM, STUPID".

It's their money to waste though, so have at it.

Jmanghan
Are you suggesting that's a fake project and there isn't gonna be any "Atari VCS"?

As I'm pretty sure thats illegal as all hell, and I doubt MILLIONS of dollars would be put into the project without Atari actually knowing about it.

Jmanghan
Its not just some "Legacy" console, either. Apparently, they're making brand new modern games. The only thing holding it back is that I haven't seen any "physical" disc/cartridge-based media.

Smasandian
It'd never going to have physical media. It's Atari version of NES Classic combined with Apple TV.

But it's made by Atari....who knows how good of quality it is.

cdtm
There will be something.

It won't be near worth the money sunk into crowdfunding.

These things are as big a scam as investment banking and startup angel investing.

Smasandian
Anything kickstarter? Or just nostalgia hardware?

I'm not sure I agree with you on investment banking or angel investing. Nothing is 100%.

Jmanghan
"Tempest 4000 will be there, along with other all-new, modern Atari games currently in development for VCS!"

Smasandian
Yeah, you said it has new games.

But it won't have physical media. It's basically Apple TV. The only people who will buy this thing will players who want the kick at playing old Atari.

There is no way people are buying this thing for new Atari games...it's laughable if the company believes that's the case considering it's mos likely these games will be released on consoles/PC.

And...really....people who remember Atari are probably mid 40's and up and there is very little reason to believe they will buy this stupid thing.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Smasandian
Yeah, you said it has new games.

But it won't have physical media. It's basically Apple TV. The only people who will buy this thing will players who want the kick at playing old Atari.

There is no way people are buying this thing for new Atari games...it's laughable if the company believes that's the case considering it's mos likely these games will be released on consoles/PC.

And...really....people who remember Atari are probably mid 40's and up and there is very little reason to believe they will buy this stupid thing. I don't think it's just "new ATARI games".

I just believe it's... new, MODERN games.

Like PS4, Xbox One type games, at least I'd like to believe that this is the Atari entering back into the gaming scene, with brand new PS4-grade games released for their new cutting-edge game console.

Smasandian
I highly doubt it.

No third party developer will make anything on this thing. If Nintendo has a hard time gaining third party developers, you really think publishers will even look at this stupid thing?

Yeah, right.

Jmanghan
I highly doubt it.

No third party developer will make anything on this thing. If Nintendo has a hard time gaining third party developers, you really think publishers will even look at this stupid thing?

Yeah, right. I mean, their goal was 100,000, and they got 3 million. Not sure how much it'd take to get into the console gaming scene, but 3 mill has to be close.

I doubt it'll be just an Apple TV though. Who do you know that owns an Apple TV?

Smasandian
Hahaha....consoles like the PS4 and Xbox One cost hundreds of millions to develop. The reported cost for the Xbox One controller is upwards of 100 million.

The Ouya received 8.5 million dollars in Kickstarter money and it failed miserably. And....Atari is a shit company, I highly doubt they could make a console capable to replicate PS4 like games. They can barely make games.

Jmanghan
Hahaha....consoles like the PS4 and Xbox One cost hundreds of millions to develop. The reported cost for the Xbox One controller is upwards of 100 million.

The Ouya received 8.5 million dollars in Kickstarter money and it failed miserably. And....Atari is a shit company, I highly doubt they could make a console capable to replicate PS4 like games. They can barely make games. Jesus. Okay yeah, they might **** it up then.

cdtm

The Ouya received 8.5 million dollars in Kickstarter money and it failed miserably. And....Atari is a shit company, I highly doubt they could make a console capable to replicate PS4 like games. They can barely make games.

100 million and still not a decent dpad.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.