What the hell is with Britian?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Red Dwarf is still being made??

Between that and Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy still being made, what the hell?

Why can't we have shows here in the US that get produced for entire generations, instead of two seasons?

Flyattractor
But is RD still Good?

samhain
Shows that last a long time in the US are usually the procedural cop shows like Criminal Minds, NCIS and so on. Red Dwarf keeps coming back because of it's cult status but it's worth bearing in mind that it's taken 30 years to do 12 seasons because of the huge gaps they have had.

Surtur
Don't forget Doctor Who

Flyattractor
That has been a Shit Show since 2005.

samhain
1975 you mean?

samhain
I still haven't even watched last years Xmas special. Figures they'd make a huge change the way they did just as people were walking away in droves so now they can accuse those people of being sexist, (even though a lot of them are women) when in reality, people are just sick of poor, cowardly sci-fi writers.

cdtm
Originally posted by samhain
1975 you mean?

Least we got memes out if later stuff.

Heavy Weapon Dalek vs Punisher.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by samhain
1975 you mean?

That is when True EXCELLENCE Hit the Classic Series.

Which is why it is a True CLASSIC!

And Why NuWHos is more like F-U Who.

eek!

samhain
I know. I just threw a random year out there. Stopped being as good after Tom Baker I reckon, he finished about '81 or '82 something like that.

Flyattractor
Stayed Good all the way to the end...Until it was RUINED in 1996.

THEY SPOCKED DR WHO AND PUT IN KISSING!

EWWW GROSS!!!!

Surtur
I loved the 10th doctor. David Tennant is just a great actor. But this clip cements how awesome he is:

w4xm9NHNUf8

So it's him doing normal Doctor stuff...until you get to like 1:50 in the video. Then he suddenly becomes...a little weird. He traps the one alien in a mirror for *all eternity* lol.

My question is why does he have "trap people in a mirror forever" technology? Then he suspends one alien in time, so he's frozen forever but aware. Then he dresses him as a scarecrow and leaves him a field.

And that final line..."We wanted to live forever, so The Doctor made sure that we did". Lol, owned.

Flyattractor
Most of this is due to Nu Who creators Smelling their own farts and enjoying it way ...WAY To MUCH!!!

staxamillion
American have trouble accepting new people playing the same characters also we don't normally care for when main character's leave or die.

Flyattractor
Only when they replace them with crappy versions. I mean Daniel Craig as Bond??

WHO THOUGHT THAT WAS A GOOD IDEA!?

staxamillion
I guess the English?

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Flyattractor
That has been a Shit Show since 2005. True, but you give your age awaay again mate.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.