Thor vs Steppenwolf

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Damborgson
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b2/84/33/b28433c392959f923ff0d736cd89dcbd.gif

Vs

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/278/516/673.gif

Movie versions, who wins ?

Insane Titan
Thor stomps

deathslash
Wrong forum bro. Also, Thor rapes that walking pile of cgi.

celeyhyga17
Thor

Also wut deathslash said

cdtm
Steppenwolf wins.

ShadowFyre
Lol. You can't be serious? Thor one-shots him and he doesn't get back up. There is maybe a handful of people he can't one shot at this point.

StiltmanFTW
Stormbreaker - an inanimate object - is more of a character than Thor, lol.

Stormbreaker solos Wolf and Thor.

Rage.Of.Olympus
laughing out loud

Thor might very well be the best part of IW. After Ragnarok, it's back to back standouts. I hope that irritates you like a splinter under your foreskin Stilt.

Also Thor wins brutally.

carthage

quanchi112

Dareangel
Movie thor is a major beast. he will win

DarthPlaguis12

Sin I AM

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
laughing out loud

Thor might very well be the best part of IW. After Ragnarok, it's back to back standouts. I hope that irritates you like a splinter under your foreskin Stilt.

Also Thor wins brutally.

My favourite scene is how he fails to make Thanos flinch with his cowardly attack at the beginning of the movie.

Hulk >>>>> Ragnarok Thor, confirmed.

Damborgson
Hulk got worked. Thor was done when he took that swing at Thanos. During Ragnarok, Thor was slapping Hulk around trivially when he found his true strength.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Damborgson
Hulk got worked. Thor was done when he took that swing at Thanos. During Ragnarok, Thor was slapping Hulk around trivially when he found his true strength.

When Papa Odin revived him, you mean.

And it was still a stalemate, with Hulk on his feet and more than ready to continue after taking Thor's best shot...

Rage.Of.Olympus
@stilt Odin was dead, Thor simply unlocked his next level, at least get your facts right.

And Thor hit Hulk ONCE and was ready for much more. Thor post-Ragnarok would beat Hulk down without the hammer.

Hulk got beat up by Thanos like an amateur. It confirms what we could have already guessed. If Thor beat on Hulk while lightning amped, he'd lay him the **** out. Thor's skill and speed combined with the ability to hit like a charged Mjolnir shot? Lol, GG Hulk.

How does it feel knowing that an entire generation is growing up with Thor as their favourite hero and knowing he's the strongest in Marvel?

StiltmanFTW
@stilt Odin was dead, Thor simply unlocked his next level, at least get your facts right.

Dead, but still more than able to support Thor from Valhalla.

And Thor hit Hulk ONCE and was ready for much more. Thor post-Ragnarok would beat Hulk down without the hammer.

No, he really wouldn't. You know that, you just don't want to ruin your fanboy persona here.

Hulk got beat up by Thanos like an amateur. It confirms what we could have already guessed. If Thor beat on Hulk while lightning amped, he'd lay him the **** out. Thor's skill and speed combined with the ability to hit like a charged Mjolnir shot? Lol, GG Hulk.

And Thor got one-shotted like a kitchen wench and Magneto'd...

How does it feel knowing that an entire generation is growing up with Thor as their favourite hero and knowing he's the strongest in Marvel?

Stormbreaker is not Thor. Keep dreaming.

NemeBro
Why do you hate Thor so much? Serious question.

StiltmanFTW
That's no hate, it's just being objective.

The wankery on this site is obnoxious.

deathslash

How does it feel knowing that an entire generation is growing up with Thor as their favourite hero and knowing he's the strongest in Marvel? until they read his comics right?

Flyattractor
Thor can't take him with out a hammer.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by deathslash
until they read his comics right?

laughing out loud

thumb up

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

The wankery on this site is obnoxious.

Mentioning that Thor got one shot but ignoring he was still conscious, had fought the black order and Thanos off panel and was tortured by the bare Power Stone (Kills most beings and even immortals such as Starlord and Ronans still suffer significantly from brief contact) is being objective?

Dead, but still more than able to support Thor from Valhalla.

No, he really wouldn't. You know that, you just don't want to ruin your fanboy persona here.

Stormbreaker is not Thor. Keep dreaming.

That doesn't even make sense. MCU Asgardians don't even have Valhalla as far as I know, and Odin didn't even have a speech to "support" Thor until Hela. How does a motivational speech count as intervention or "revival"? You're just a moron.

This isnt a matter of opinion. Thor had JUST unlocked his new power and was clearly winning. The actual script had him outright outpunching Hulk. If Hulk can't hit harder or tank more, Thor is the clear favourite. I'd argue Thor actually punches harder too.

That's not even true. Thanos kicked him but Thor got up and was then trapped in metal.

That's idiotic. A hammer is as symbolic to Thor as Gamma Radiation is to Hulk or solar energy is to Superman. More so tbh.

Rage.Of.Olympus

I'm not sure what this is suppose to mean. Thor has some of the greatest feats a Herald has ever accomplished in the last decade. Reading his comics would reinforce it. Even Jane Thor for the last 2 years when kicking ass is literally wielding the "power of Thor".

NemeBro

The wankery on this site is obnoxious. So would you say your disdain for the character is more accurately disdain for his fanbase?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Stilts stance doesn't make sense as evidenced in this very thread. He constantly brings up Thor on his own. It's not a reactionary process, it's something he initiates.

And saying Thor gets wanked is silly. There are like 4 major Thor fans on the board and we rarely debate. Abhil and Stilr post more Thor related scans.

Damborgson
When Papa Odin revived him, you mean.

And it was still a stalemate, with Hulk on his feet and more than ready to continue after taking Thor's best shot...

No sir, that was unlocked on his own.

Please, Hulk wasn't even coming forward anymore. Thor was walking him down, and every shot put him on his back.

StiltmanFTW
^Mentioning that Thor got one shot but ignoring he was still conscious has fought the black order and Thanos off panel and was tortured by the bare Power Stone is being objective?

We don't know what happened off screen. He could've gotten solo'd by Proxima, for all we know.

Again, compare Thor's cowardly attack and its zero effect to Hulk wailing on Thanos for a good moment.

That doesn't even make sense. MCU Asgardians don't even have Valhalla as far as I know, and Odin didn't even have a speech to "support" Thor until Hela.

Valhalla or not, he is shown supporting Thor from the afterlife... and his image didn't appear for no reason during the Hulk fight.

This isnt a matter of opinion. Thor had JUST unlocked his new power and was clearly winning. The actual script had him outright outpunchinf Hulk. If Hulk can't hit harder or tank more, Thor would crush him.

How was he winning? He landed a good shot, nothing more. Hulk was far from done.

What matters is what we got to see on the screen.

That's not even true. Thanos kicked him but Thor got up immediately and was then trapped in metal.

No. He was still in the process of getting up when Maw took care of him.

That's idiotic. A hammer is as symbolic to Thor as Gamma Radiation is to Hulk or solar energy is to Superman. More so tbh.

Stormbreaker resurrected Thor and granted him more power than he ever had. Thor is nothing without it.

deathslash
I'm not sure what this is suppose to mean. Thor has some of the greatest feats a Herald has ever accomplished in the last decade. Reading his comics would reinforce it. Even Jane Thor for the last 2 years when kicking ass is literally wielding the "power of Thor". riiiiight.

StiltmanFTW
He damn well knows what you meant laughing out loud

abhilegend
I'm not sure what this is suppose to mean. Thor has some of the greatest feats a Herald has ever accomplished in the last decade. Reading his comics would reinforce it. Even Jane Thor for the last 2 years when kicking ass is literally wielding the "power of Thor".
It's good to know that all you care are "feats" from Thor.

Aaron turned Thor, excuse me Odinson into a cheating (he cheated on Jane back in Lee Kirby days apparently), arrogant, emasculated, self hating, drunk hobo who needs to be taught how to be a god and a hero by his ex girlfriend who took his hammer, name and did everything better than him.

But it's all OK because he has "feats". You disgust me Thorbag.

abhilegend
https://www.bleedingcool.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Image-53-600x385.jpg

Good job Thorcules.

NemeBro
Originally posted by abhilegend

Aaron turned Thor, excuse me Odinson into a cheating (he cheated on Jane back in Lee Kirby days apparently), arrogant, emasculated, self hating, drunk hobo who needs to be taught how to be a god and a hero by his ex girlfriend who took his hammer, name and did everything better than him.

But it's all OK because he has "feats". You disgust me Thorbag. lol

krisblaze

No one's buying comics.

krisblaze

At the very least he doesn't stand outside Jane's apartment listening to her getting ****ed.

Supercucks will never recover and they know it.

Wheeler
Thor wins. Greater range and versatility. Better physical stats stats and probably higher destructive output (can't remember much of Steppenwolf's feats).

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Wheeler
Thor wins. Greater range and versatility. Better physical stats stats and probably higher destructive output (can't remember much of Steppenwolf's feats).

Steppenshit did good against the Justice League, till Superman intervened.

And he was nothing without his axe, something that Fly conveniently forgot about here.

abhilegend
Originally posted by krisblaze
At the very least he doesn't stand outside Jane's apartment listening to her getting ****ed.

Supercucks will never recover and they know it.
Retconned away my dear Thorbag.

krisblaze
Retconned away my dear Thorbag.

If I'm a Thorbag then you're a Supercuck.

Or a streetshitter.

Either is fine.

abhilegend
Originally posted by krisblaze
If I'm a Thorbag then you're a Supercuck.

Or a streetshitter.

Either is fine.
You can always be betamalebill or ****ingrefugees then.

krisblaze
I don't get that reference.

abhilegend
laughing out loud

krisblaze
I think you're confusing me with Astner or Prof.

Norway didn't accept that many rapefugees.

One is one too many, but still.

Pillow Biter
It's unclear to me whether we can discuss cinematic versions here.

In the comics, classic Thor is on Orion's level, which is a whole tier or three above Step. He'd wipe the floor with Steppenwolf.

As for the cinematic versions, it's very difficult to compare power levels in the DCEU and MCU at the moment for a variety of reasons. One has to use their gut and the eyeball test a lot. I tend to see Steppenwolf as having been presented as being on a similar power level to Thanos, though I'd give Thanos the win in a 1v1 fight.

My bet is that Thanos would probably edge out even Thor with Stormbringer in a true 1v1 fight where Thanos is ready for the axe. Thanos clearly dominated post-Ragnarok Thor without the axe.

So that kind of basic logic leads me to believe that Step and Thor with Stormbringer would be close. It's unclear how much more powerful post-Ragnarok Thor is just because of the axe. Further complicating the matter is the idea that Thor's intrinsic power may be continuously growing--even after Ragnarok. At the end of the movie, even with his true power 'unleashed', Thor said he was not a match for Hela. However, Odin once outmatched Hela, and Odin said Thor would become more powerful than him. And there seem to be some hints that Thor is growing in intrinsic power. Still, Thanos kicked the crap out of him, presumably without using any power gems.

My gut says Thor with Stormbringer beats Step, but I'm by no means certain.

SquallX
You guys need to chill for a second.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by SquallX
You guys need to chill for a second.

let them fight

as far as the thread goes...thor convicingly. hulk needed help against him in ragnarok and infinity speaks 4 itself

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Sin I AM
let them fight

thumb up

Rage.Of.Olympus

PLEASE

LEARN

TO

READ

This is the post I replied to:

How does it feel knowing that an entire generation is growing up with Thor as their favourite hero and knowing he's the strongest in Marvel? Originally posted by deathslash

We were not discussing the intricacies (Or lack thereof) of Jason Aaron's Thor run in this vs. thread.

My thoughts on Aaron are well-documented on the internet. Everything you've mentioned, I have already discussed in-depth, with people who actually enjoy the craft and can do critical and objective analysis (As much as you can in a subjective medium).

You're an idiot. Half the time I reply to you, I have to correct your post as if you quoted the wrong person. SMH.

Rage.Of.Olympus
We don't know what happened off screen. He could've gotten solo'd by Proxima, for all we know.

Again, compare Thor's cowardly attack and its zero effect to Hulk wailing on Thanos for a good moment.

Valhalla or not, he is shown supporting Thor from the afterlife... and his image didn't appear for no reason during the Hulk fight.

How was he winning? He landed a good shot, nothing more. Hulk was far from done.

What matters is what we got to see on the screen.
No. He was still in the process of getting up when Maw took care of him.

Stormbreaker resurrected Thor and granted him more power than he ever had. Thor is nothing without it.

laughing out loud I thought you were being objective. The first shot of the movie, is Thor fallen in-front of Thanos and his black order. But maybe Proxima Midnight soloed him? no expression

Where is the objectivity stilt???? I thought you didn't hate Thor, you simply disliked his biased fanbase. Why are you mentioning Thor's attack being "ineffectual" when he had just been through the grinder?

Thor seeing images of Odin =/= Afterlife intervention. He wasn't granted the Odin Force, he unlocked his internal power and potential. There is writer and director commentary on this, it isn't a subjective thing you idiot.

From the script, if you're unable to watch, maybe you can read.

He was clearly winning. That was the intention, the entire scene is indicating that the tide hard turned. That's why the crowd was cheering "Thunder!". For someone being objective, you ability to properly analyze a scene is unfortunate.

I thought Thanos one-shotted him but now he was in the process of getting up:

Are you sure you even watched these movies?

abhilegend
PLEASE

LEARN

TO

READ

This is the post I replied to:

We were not discussing the intricacies (Or lack thereof) of Jason Aaron's Thor run in this vs. thread.

My thoughts on Aaron are well-documented on the internet. Everything you've mentioned, I have already discussed in-depth, with people who actually enjoy the craft and can do critical and objective analysis (As much as you can in a subjective medium).

You're an idiot. Half the time I reply to you, I have to correct your post as if you quoted the wrong person. SMH.
laughing out loud

Can't even detect Sarcasm.

Rage.Of.Olympus
laughing out loud

Can't even detect Sarcasm.

Nothing about this post was sarcastic:

This is the internet, if you want to come off as sarcastic, you have to try harder....maybe add a spoiler tag that you're being sarcastic.

As it stands, you just come off as an idiot who doesn't read the posts he replies to.

abhilegend
Right, "You disgust me" is such a serious comment.

celeyhyga17
laughing out loud I thought you were being objective. The first shot of the movie, is Thor fallen in-front of Thanos and his black order. But maybe Proxima Midnight soloed him? no expression

Where is the objectivity stilt???? I thought you didn't hate Thor, you simply disliked his biased fanbase. Why are you mentioning Thor's attack being "ineffectual" when he had just been through the grinder?

Thor seeing images of Odin =/= Afterlife intervention. He wasn't granted the Odin Force, he unlocked his internal power and potential. There is writer and director commentary on this, it isn't a subjective thing you idiot.

From the script, if you're unable to watch, maybe you can read.

He was clearly winning. That was the intention, the entire scene is indicating that the tide hard turned. That's why the crowd was cheering "Thunder!". For someone being objective, you ability to properly analyze a scene is unfortunate.

I thought Thanos one-shotted him but now he was in the process of getting up:

Are you sure you even watched these movies?
Rumplestilts was wackin off when Thor saved he Avengers. He just foolin u. Biggest thorbag around if I ever saw one.

Sin I AM

abhi bashing aside isnt it common knowledge that marvel has slowly been trying to get back to estsblishing legacy characters? Cho is no lonnger Hulk and neither is Jen, Riri and Doom are making way for the return of Stark. Laura dropping the Wolverine moniker and Logan has returned and now Thor..and it started with Falcon/Cap. Only ones left are Hawkeye and Miles who in Kates/Clints case noone cares and Miles/Parker it actually makes sense.

StiltmanFTW
MCU Asgardians don't even have Valhalla as far as I know

laughing out loud

Rage's super-power... being wrong about every single damn thor-related thing we can possibly discuss on these forums.

abhilegend
Steppenwolf unironically oneshots Thor at this point.

abhilegend
laughing out loud

Rage's super-power... being wrong about every single damn thor-related thing we can possibly discuss on these forums.
LMAO

steverules_2
MCU Asgardians don't even have Valhalla as far as I know

https://i.postimg.cc/GmGFcvTw/32aiaz3.gif

Damborgson
How the turn tables...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.