Game of Thrones prequel series

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Galan007

Surtur
Not sure what to think about this, but since I like the original series I will give it a shot.

Flyattractor
Has this show officially wrapped up yet?

I think I still have at least 1 or 2 seasons to still watch..

S_W_LeGenD
Fantastic news. thumb up

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Has this show officially wrapped up yet?

I think I still have at least 1 or 2 seasons to still watch..
Season 8 of GoT is in production and will be aired at some point in 2019. Current GoT story will conclude in it.

Robtard
Originally posted by Galan007

Hoping this new series is similar in quality with seasons 1-4 of GoT, that's when GoT was at the top of its game.

BackFire
I like season 6 a lot too. Some of the best individual episodes of the entire series in that one.

Bashar Teg
it's what disney should have done with star wars. a new story instead of rehashing the same characters.

quanchi112
Great news if they can pull it off.

Galan007

ares834
I'm not a fan of this concept. I would prefer this era to stay shrouded in mystery and myth. Beyond that, this series sounds like it will be about the Long Night and that holds no interest for me considering how underwhelming the White Walkers ended up being.

Surtur
I was looking forward to a prequel...then the 8th season aired.

Flyattractor
Yeah. It would all just be pointless now. Biggest Dissapointment is what they did to the Character of Euron. They turned a really cool character into an annoying Hipster NeckBeard.

Galan007
Originally posted by ares834
I'm not a fan of this concept. I would prefer this era to stay shrouded in mystery and myth. Beyond that, this series sounds like it will be about the Long Night and that holds no interest for me considering how underwhelming the White Walkers ended up being. Knowing that a single member of the Faceless with a dagger can swoop in and one-shot the Night King + the entire horde of White Walkers really makes it hard to view them as credible threats now.

I'm all for suspension of disbelief, but damn...

SquallX

cdtm
Make Westeros a theme park in Westworld.

Robtard
Still looking forward to this. GoT had 4 terrific seasons, just needs proper writers.

Flyattractor
Would be fun to see how many people cancel their Subs to HBO after this... I bet it hurts.

ares834
Originally posted by Robtard
Still looking forward to this. GoT had 4 terrific seasons, just needs proper writers.

Yes, GoT was great and a prequel series could be good if it had the proper writers... But it also needs a good premise, and I feel this premise had very little potential after season 8 turned the White Walkers into a joke.

Robtard
It seems like they'll touch on the White Walkers "true origins", not so sure they'll be the antagonist/threat?

At least I hope so, I'd rather move on from the White Walkers.

Really all depends on writers and content, as we quickly saw how the show can nose-dive in quality if those are lacking. Hopefully GRRM is involved, can't see why he can't as he seemingly isn't writing The Winds of Winter.

BruceSkywalker
looking forward to this so hopefully hbo don't interfere much

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Robtard
It seems like they'll touch on the White Walkers "true origins", not so sure they'll be the antagonist/threat? A spinoff about White Walkers only. Walking about, doing their White business, leading cold lives... until one Walker's White meets a sexy Child of the Forest, and their forbidden romance threatens to tear their worlds apart.

Flyattractor
A Mini about Previous Winters could be cool. Give us some Ice Spiders.

Robtard
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
A spinoff about White Walkers only. Walking about, doing their White business, leading cold lives... until one Walker's White meets a sexy Child of the Forest, and their forbidden romance threatens to tear their worlds apart.

^ HBO needs to make this happen stat

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.