Superman evil Speedster Guantlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
No prep.
No BFR.
1 second rest between matches (speedster fights, so, thats plenty).

Johnny Quick - Crime Syndicate
The Rival
Savitar
Godspeed
Reverse Flash
Eobard Thawne
Hunter Zolomon
Black Flash

riv6672

xJLxKing

Pillow Biter
Superman is favored over any of them, in comics.

RealityWarper
The speesters end at the hospital for a long time.

riv6672
These are fights.

These arent comics.

Pillow Biter
Originally posted by riv6672
These arent comics.

What does that even mean? In a realistic power set contest, assuming no time travel, then I guess Superman immediately tries to go to the air. Any speedster fast enough to get to Superman well before he can react and do this would destroy Superman eventually. "Eventually" meaning within a few picoseconds, assuming we are basing powers on empirical speed measurements from the comics, and using the best ones.

Should Superman get to the air, he should be able to stalk and exhaust a speedster with ranged attacks.

Should time travel happen, who the hell knows?

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Pillow Biter
What does that even mean? In a realistic power set contest, assuming no time travel, then I guess Superman immediately tries to go to the air. Any speedster fast enough to get to Superman well before he can react and do this would destroy Superman eventually. "Eventually" meaning within a few picoseconds, assuming we are basing powers on empirical speed measurements from the comics, and using the best ones.

Should Superman get to the air, he should be able to stalk and exhaust a speedster with ranged attacks.

Speedsters can walk on air... They don't need solid ground

RealityWarper

Zoom can't even beat Batman...

riv6672
It means these are forum fights, not a new concept.

DarkSaint85

Savitar (level 3) can speedsteal. In fact, he was the one who first made Wally even aware of that possibility.

For that reason, I say he stops at 3.

riv6672
^^^ah, thanks DS, for getting us back on track.

Nice trivia (for me) on Savitar. I didnt know about the speed steal origin.

Pillow Biter
Originally posted by riv6672
It means these are forum fights, not a new concept.

Yes, but how different posters rate fights has always involved a tension between trying to be grounded in the comics on the one end and trying to be more realistic or sensible about things on the other end.

Different boards have fallen on different parts of the spectrum. Herochat and Alvaro are pretty grounded in the comics. In its day, CBR was all about the realism--explicitly so. This board seems somewhere in the middle.

leonidas
he's phukced at savitar. he was short-lived but awesome.

abhilegend
Savitar? Superman would punch him in half.

riv6672
^^^proof or its just your opinion, which means nothing, as you yourself continuously tell others.

leonidas
flash needed to go hyper senses just to detect the guys savitar lent speed to. his control over the sf was better than anyone's at the time had ever been. he'd simply speed steal and it would be over.

abhilegend
Originally posted by leonidas
flash needed to go hyper senses just to detect the guys savitar lent speed to. his control over the sf was better than anyone's at the time had ever been. he'd simply speed steal and it would be over.
Superman has detected Wally and Barry going full speed too.

Stealing Superman's speed is not that easy with the kind of momentum Superman carries.

One Big Mob
flash needed to go hyper senses just to detect the guys savitar lent speed to. his control over the sf was better than anyone's at the time had ever been. he'd simply speed steal and it would be over. Because he was eating dinner with a normal human.

Savitar himself needed help to get to the edge of lightspeed. And iirc he was only manipulating speed force users and using null fields to slow objects. I don't think halting the energy to speed force users is the same as taking someone's actual innate speed. He couldn't take Quick's speed because he stored his speed and Wally was mainlining it for example.

leonidas
yeah but both wally and savitar were limited to light speed BECAUSE of the speed force being there, not because they couldn't go faster than light. i mean he entered the sf, so clearly he was capable of ftl travel.

superman would need to shift his own senses, like flash did, and like superman himself was forced to do to speak with flash in that restaurant. savitar was also able to generate a momentum robbing force field. not sure supes could get around it. but he did def steal the speed of non-sf users. cassiopeia in fact died in that arc iirc because savitar stole his speed from what was....100s or 1000s of miles away? he doesn't have to gain speed from it. all he needs to do is steal all of superman's speed and it's over.

superman isn't blitzing savitar by any means, and that would give him tons of time to steal superman's speed, in exactly the same way wally would be able to. it's one ability superman has no defense against. /shrug

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by abhilegend
Superman has detected Wally and Barry going full speed too.

Stealing Superman's speed is not that easy with the kind of momentum Superman carries.
https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-4674c68b790f718f72973f2d743eb54c

Pretty sure Jay Garrick stole Superman's speed at one-point. A high-end Flash, such as Wally at his peak, or those crazy ones like Zoom, move so fast, even Superman is a statue.

The Speed Force is an amazing ability, the source of Kinetic Energy in DC. As such, a potent wielder of it can pretty much wreck a shit load of beings.

This isn't to say, they will speed steal, just that Superman having "momentum" makes no difference and he would be as susceptible as anyone else. I don't even know why it'd even matter. The more momentum he has, the more kinetic energy available to steal.

Rage.Of.Olympus
exhaust a speedster with ranged attacks.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/145371/4574868-faster_than_heat_vision.jpg

xJLxKing

One Big Mob
yeah but both wally and savitar were limited to light speed BECAUSE of the speed force being there, not because they couldn't go faster than light. i mean he entered the sf, so clearly he was capable of ftl travel.

superman would need to shift his own senses, like flash did, and like superman himself was forced to do to speak with flash in that restaurant. savitar was also able to generate a momentum robbing force field. not sure supes could get around it. but he did def steal the speed of non-sf users. cassiopeia in fact died in that arc iirc because savitar stole his speed from what was....100s or 1000s of miles away? he doesn't have to gain speed from it. all he needs to do is steal all of superman's speed and it's over.

superman isn't blitzing savitar by any means, and that would give him tons of time to steal superman's speed, in exactly the same way wally would be able to. it's one ability superman has no defense against. /shrug No.
And Savitar only got to that point twice because of Max and Flash. Flash had to actually throw him into the speed force. They even called it the edge of light multiple times, and Wally spoke of nearing lightspeed earlier.
Savitar specifically can't go lightspeed, or at least he couldn't in that series. Not sure if they retconned it since.
Flash at the start of that series was about the speed of sound, then about a quarter of the way through to Savitar he was about 4 times as fast. He only entered the Speed Force one time before iirc. This was not the Flash you are used to. Darksaint Flash.

Wally was specifically having dinner at normal human speeds when they came out of nowhere and shifted his senses automatically. It's really no big deal.

Cass's death was blamed specifically on Wally mainlining the speed force. Which means his origin was retconned to rely on the speedforce. I know Savitar did it, but it's pretty telling that they first blamed Wally's speed force shenanigans for messing with it. And this was before everyone knew he could steal speed.
Furthermore, Cass' max speed was around 700 mph, and he still fell to his death. As did all those SF users still have the ability to move around. Which indicates it was targetting the SF itself as opposed to just momentum.

As well as his null field being the reason things couldn't touch him. Not him stealing speed from thrown objects, but a field he keeps around himself. A field only used against shitty little objects, not Superman punching him in the face.

As I said before, Max (I said Quick for some reason) was able to retain his speed because it was within him, and he wasn't tapping into it like the other users. Because Sav was messing with that, but he didn't show the ability to steal away innate speed like Max, Flash, thrown objects, or Superman. If Superman were tapping into the speed force, sure Sav could steal it. But as it stands now, I see no reason why he should. He's a speed force manipulator, not a kinetic energy manipulator. There was a difference back then.

And I also see no reason why his null field would completely stop a Superman level punch.

One Big Mob
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

Pretty sure Jay Garrick stole Superman's speed at one-point. A high-end Flash, such as Wally at his peak, or those crazy ones like Zoom, move so fast, even Superman is a statue.

The Speed Force is an amazing ability, the source of Kinetic Energy in DC. As such, a potent wielder of it can pretty much wreck a shit load of beings.

This isn't to say, they will speed steal, just that Superman having "momentum" makes no difference and he would be as susceptible as anyone else. I don't even know why it'd even matter. The more momentum he has, the more kinetic energy available to steal.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/5/59300/4205244-vs+flash+jay+and+supes12.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/5/59300/4205245-vs+flash+jay+and+supes13.jpg

Side note, Abra was ridiculous that issue. Turning Supes into a wooden puppet and whatnot.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thanks. thumb up

Justice League of America #23, he speed-stole Amazo right after Amazo beat the shit out of Superman with Firestorm's powers.

abhilegend

Saying and doing it are two different things.

Superman was still coming at Jay even after his speed was stolen. He wasn't a statue like you think he will become.

And Superman has moved so fast that even Wally could do nothing but just watch and backhanded Professor Zoom away.

Amazingly enough, never Superman though.

Because he has actually overcome it on panel.

abhilegend
Thanks. thumb up

Justice League of America #23, he speed-stole Amazo right after Amazo beat the shit out of Superman with Firestorm's powers.
Look at the statue Superman becomes after Jay stole Superman's speed.

Just look at it.

abhilegend
Thanks. thumb up

Amazo didn't become the statue Flash thought though.

And Superman blitzed Amazo straight up who had Flash speed. Funny how Amazo didn't make Superman a statue.

riv6672

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.