[Battlezone discussion thread] Magneto vs World War Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Philosophía
It's finally here!

Me and Damborg have been talking through PMs about the details, and we've come to these conclusions:

a). Judges proposals: Leo, PR, Supermutant, Beatboks, Zop Zop.

Can you all confirm if you'd be willing to judge? For those who do not see this thread, we'll send a PM.

Supermutant, can you also confirm you don't hate me from when I was your judge? *extends hand*

If anybody else wants to be a judge, say so. We just 'brainstormed' some names

b). Battleground: Standard New York neighborhood

c). Magneto vs WWH

d). 3 posts - opening + rebuttal + closing. The opening and closing will be PM'd to somebody in order to post them.

e). We'll start next week on Thursday (14th)

aaaaaand a special condition, if both parties agree:

If I lose, Darksaint doesn't post on KMC for a week. If he loses, Carver9 doesn't post on KMC for a week.

If they don't both agree, this obviously doesn't happen.

leonidas
i'm in to judge.

Martian_mind
I'll judge if it happens.

Pillow Biter
I'm curious, do you evaluate Battlezone fights by the typical comic book conventions with respect to realism and power set usages, or do you tend to take a more realistic bent than the comics?

Philosophía
Originally posted by Pillow Biter
I'm curious, do you evaluate Battlezone fights by the typical comic book conventions with respect to realism and power set usages, or do you tend to take a more realistic bent than the comics? Battlezones are us in control of the characters powerset.

Pillow Biter
Oh Jesus. Wow. Good luck. The problem with going to the extreme in that direction is that comics rarely provide enough details about the qualities and limits of a power set to allow for us to figure out these kinds of fights. So Good Luck.

I mean, in theory, the Hulk is like a low (or not even that low) level cosmic entity. He can, in theory, do anything on any given day.

Philosophía
It wouldn't be the first time Magneto beats a cosmic entity thumb up laughing out loud

To be more precise - we're not going into 'theoretical' stuff. So I'm not going to write an essay on physics and say that Magneto disperses Hulk's atoms and wins. We'll only use comics showings.

Think of it like a 'what would they do if they fought smart?' type of thing.

Pillow Biter
Right. So you'll try to walk a line somewhere between comics convention and full realism. Still tough. I like arguing purely by the comics, but to each their own. But I'll watch and learn.

DarkSaint85
Yeah.

So for example, I would say Flash does XYZ with his speed.

But I wouldn't say he flies, for example.

Because XYZ will have support from comics (or at least, I believe so, and need to convince the judges of the same), but flying has none.

xJLxKing

Philosophía
Fight will be judged based on the arguments, not prior opinion/knowledge of the judge :-P

Supermutant
lol its all good man. this should be interesting.

Philosophía
thumb up

Supermutant
my judgment is going to be so much better than's Leo. I also recommend LOB if another judge is needed.

krisblaze
Looking forward to this one.

DarkSaint85
I am also available to judge thumb up

xJLxKing
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I am also available to judge thumb up
Yeah, i don't see any conflict on interest roll eyes (sarcastic)

DarkSaint85
Btw, I agree to the terms of combat.

I have 100% in Phildo's stance and arguments, and the supporting canon.

I am also 100% confident in Phildo's abilities to take said canon and scans, and to argue well.

leonidas
Originally posted by Supermutant
my judgment is going to be so much better than's Leo. I also recommend LOB if another judge is needed.

this legit made me lol. thumb up

you'll probably just go to one of the matches i've judged in the past and copy/paste my judgement. lol

"Id"
No WB Hulk?

Damn

Rage.Of.Olympus
Damborgson is the best Hulk fan on the board. Man, this should be interesting. Magneto's versatility should mean a non-flying brick could be easily bfred....but Hulk is...Hulk, I could see him beating Magneto to death with a steel beam because he's "stronger" than his Magnetism or whatever. And WWH of all incarnations? You could just spam, he'd just get angrier and overpower it for any argument, and it's not complete gibberish. Should be interesting. thumb up

DarkSaint85
It'll be no easy walk in the park, that's for sure. I have faith in Phildo, and am sure the judges will be able to leave pre conceived knowledge and bias at the door.

By bias I mean in relation to 'Hulk would in this, I'm sure'...

Philosophía
Originally posted by Martian_mind
I'll judge if it happens. Me and Damborg are talking through PMs about this, and we're both thumb up

The final batch of judges:
Leo, Supermutant, Martian, Beatboks, Zop.

Originally posted by "Id"
No WB Hulk?

Damn The thread this originated from was about how Magneto would beat WWH, so Hulk can't, on the forum, be as high as carver would want him to be.

There's also no BFR here.

Damborgson
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Damborgson is the best Hulk fan on the board.

laughing out loud

Have to understand the enemy if I plan arguing against him. We'll see how well my strategy works.

DarkSaint85
I see CIS is still in play evil face

Has Carver agreed to the terms?

Philosophía
Carver is already self banning.

beatboks
In case u missed my PM reply. 👌🖒to judge

Philosophía
Originally posted by beatboks
In case u missed my PM reply. 👌🖒to judge thumb up

Baziemarc123
Hope Damborgson wins

One Big Mob
I don't know what Markybaz said but I agree he should be a judge.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Damborgson is the best Hulk fan on the board. https://i.imgur.com/qkNrhYc.gif

LordofBrooklyn
I'll judge in case of a tie!

Martian_mind
Awesome. So kick-off is still Thursday?

Damborgson
Sooner most likely. Phil already has his post in, and ill have mine soon too so it'll kick off shortly.

leonidas
gonna be tough trying to raise the bar past the last couple sentry bz's, but, here's hoping. cheers

Philosophía
We'll have to be omniversal reality warpers.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by beatboks
In case u missed my PM reply. 👌🖒to judge

He DOES seem silent.

CARVER, HELLO?

I'm sure he'll be around come new comic book day.

Philosophía
Carver is waiting for the opening post.

I will make mine as awful as possible, to bait him in.

DarkSaint85
Having read your OP, I have zero doubt it'll work as advertised.

Philosophía
I---I----It's not finished.

https://media.giphy.com/media/13EyvLbwLZSV9K/giphy.gif

DarkSaint85
From the looks of it, it hasn't been started either....

Baziemarc123
looking forward to dark not posting for a week.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Baziemarc123
looking forward to dark not posting for a week. laughing out loud

carver9
What was the terms I needed to agree too? I dont mind doing it.

carver9
Is it me getting banned for a year?

Philosophía
Originally posted by carver9
Is it me getting banned for a year? You voluntarily not post on KMC for a week if I win. Darksaint doesn't post if Damborg does.

It's symbolic.

carver9
I agree with those terms. Damborgson, dont let me down. I believe in you.

Philosophía
thumb up

-K-M-

leonidas
thumb up i can already tell you my vote will end up a tie.

-K-M-

DarkSaint85
Am free to judge.

Philosophía
If it's a draw, I propose leo is given mod powers they both get banned for a year thumb up

leonidas
evillaugh

DarkSaint85
I have now received both OPs.

They will be posted within the next hour or so. Maybe even earlier.

DarkSaint85
Who wishes to go next? Damborg/Phil?

Damborgson
Philo do you want the honor or can I have the first go?

Philosophía
Originally posted by Damborgson
Philo do you want the honor or can I have the first go? Go ahead thumb up

I probably won't be able to post for the next few days.

I don't think we mentioned this anywhere besides the PMs, but the deadline is on the 25th for all 3 posts, in case anybody else is curious.

Damborgson
Sounds good thumb up

CosmicComet
Anymore judges needed?

psycho gundam
Philo do you want the honor or can I have the first go? Hold my beer

Damborgson
Originally posted by carver9
I agree with those terms. Damborgson, dont let me down. I believe in you.

http://cdn.smosh.com/wp-content/uploads/ftpuploads/bloguploads/awkward-kiss-virgin-diaries.gif

Supermutant
Great start to this match, unfortunately I can't judge due to abrupt traveling for work. I'm going to be away for a while from kmc.Good luck gents.

Philosophía
thumb up

No problem. Safe trip smile

Philosophía
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Anymore judges needed? Yes. I talked with Damborg and we're both in agreement, if you still want to smile

CosmicComet
Sure I'll judge.

Damborgson
Ill be getting in my rebuttal today thumb up

Eon Blue
This should be highly entertaining. Look to entertain, good chaps.

Philosophía
I will post mid-week, to leave some time between our 2nd post and final post on Sunday.

Work/World Cup matches have taken most of my time, lol.

SquallX
http://cdn.smosh.com/wp-content/uploads/ftpuploads/bloguploads/awkward-kiss-virgin-diaries.gif

What is this? Tell me!

DarkSaint85
Just so you all know, I am in receipt of Damborgs final post.

Damborgson
Its out of my hands now, guide me Carv.

Philosophía
I will write mine tomorrow.

Damborgson
Baz and Leo are stealing our thunder erm

Philosophía
Baz and Leo are stealing our thunder erm Ours is too drama-free to get noticed.

I sent my final one to Saint yesterday, he should post both of them, soon. He will also contact the judges for the verdict.

This was great thumb up

I will take a break from these for a while, since I have limited time to read comics, and I don't want to do it solely for debating. Started going over the older runs of Alan Moore again, re-read Marverman and it's growing on me each time.

DarkSaint85
Meanwhile, the final posts will be up in the next....4 hours.

CosmicComet
I've been low key enjoying this one.

Am I still judging? Not sure that was ever clarified

Philosophía
Yes, you are. Darksaint will Pm all the judges after he posts the final posts.

Damborgson
Listen fodder, the judges will be reality warper, quanchi, and Baz123 , PERIOD.

celeyhyga17
Listen fodder, the judges will be reality warper, quanchi, and Baz123 , PERIOD.
That's like one person. Ure short a few more.

StiltmanFTW

psycho gundam
I want some smoke.

Anyone who wants to battlezone some characters can get at me. I am not in the loop at all so you have all the advantages

DarkSaint85
Baz is looking for worthy opponents.

Could it be you?

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

Have you figured out who is Baz a sock of, btw?

celeyhyga17
Darktaint

Damborgson
Thanks again for the fun match Phil thumb up

I'm down for another one whenever you are big grin

Philosophía
Thanks again for the fun match Phil thumb up

I'm down for another one whenever you are big grin Ha, I will take you up on that, but in a few months.

We should brainstorm some characters or, in any case, we could stick with Mags vs Thor. But we'll talk until then.

DarkSaint85
Final posts are up, and I have PM'd the judges.

Had to split Damborg's up, but did so in a way so judges can ignore his second part completely thumb up

Damborgson

leonidas
no no.... summer is rolling around which means another addition of LEO'S SECRET WARS!!1! i'll def be calling on you both. along with myself we'll need one other. ds is usually down, but if not i'm sure i can find a 4th. because borg is new to our secret little tourney it's just a semi and a final. semi is a random draw, 3 posts with rules left open for discussion, but usually an amalgam of some sort. always fun and secrety. lol you both in? probably do it in the middle of julyish.

leonidas
oh, and my matches have NEVER had drama, then, all of a sudden mutant and baz! laughing out loud i dunno what the hell's going on but THIS is what a real bz should look like. (though i did have fun with the back and forth with mutant. the baz thing is more out of boredom lol )

Damborgson
https://media1.tenor.com/images/9d48f4915880cb855674c18365c7397c/tenor.gif?itemid=5718277

leonidas
laughing out loud consider yourself one of the chosen few. thumb up

Philosophía
edit: all of the images are back.

My photobucket account seemed to have been copyrighted, since all of it was seen as empty, and all of the links I posted didn't work.

This was weird

leonidas
i have always had trouble with turboimage but yeah, lately they won't open at all. and like i said, the photobucket images open once and then when i go back to them the link is broken.

imgur is the only way to go.

Philosophía
Originally posted by leonidas
i have always had trouble with turboimage but yeah, lately they won't open at all. and like i said, the photobucket images open once and then when i go back to them the link is broken.

imgur is the only way to go. Imageshack has ruined the respect threads, photobucket has become unbearable...even the ever reliable turboimagehost is now failing.

#illuminati

Philosophía
no no.... summer is rolling around which means another addition of LEO'S SECRET WARS!!1! i'll def be calling on you both. along with myself we'll need one other. ds is usually down, but if not i'm sure i can find a 4th. because borg is new to our secret little tourney it's just a semi and a final. semi is a random draw, 3 posts with rules left open for discussion, but usually an amalgam of some sort. always fun and secrety. lol you both in? probably do it in the middle of julyish. thumb up My favorite type of tourneys, lol.

Triathlon ftw.

leonidas
http://replygif.net/i/512.gif

Philosophía
http://replygif.net/i/512.gif To be honest, since we never had it, you'd have probably beaten me in the final with Spiral. Nobody on my team had any TP defense .

xJLxKing
Just read the entire thread

Wow, nicely done both of you.

Parmaniac
Phil should be glad that Carver didn't share his trans level feats with damborg.

abhilegend
no no.... summer is rolling around which means another addition of LEO'S SECRET WARS!!1! i'll def be calling on you both. along with myself we'll need one other. ds is usually down, but if not i'm sure i can find a 4th. because borg is new to our secret little tourney it's just a semi and a final. semi is a random draw, 3 posts with rules left open for discussion, but usually an amalgam of some sort. always fun and secrety. lol you both in? probably do it in the middle of julyish.
Count me in too.

beatboks
Originally posted by psycho gundam
I want some smoke.

Anyone who wants to battlezone some characters can get at me. I am not in the loop at all so you have all the advantages

I'm sure Baz would be willing 😆

Seriously though what level?
I'm probably more out of the loop than u given the last comic I picked up was a year or so after Nu52 launched

Martian_mind
Have sent in my judgement. Good match ya'll. thumb up

CosmicComet
I too have submitted my judgement. Great match. Phil and Damb are wonderful people.

Raptor22
Good match guys. Very enjoyable read. Well done both of u.

Damborgson
Thank you all thumb up

zopzop
I submitted my judgement just now to DS.

Once, this BZ is over I want to mentioned something interesting (and no it didn't influence my vote).

leonidas
2 votes in ds. do you need mine?

edit--nvr mind. i see there are 5 judges for this. won't be til the weekend for me, so if the others come in and you don't need me, let me know. thumb up

leonidas
lol i know. i've used her.... you were boned. thumb up

@abhi. let me consult my fellow secret warriors. we need to figure out if you can behave. sneer

carver9
Trying to figure out if this has been decided yet?

DarkSaint85
There are five judges.

Five judgements.

Should I post when a majority has been reached?

Damborgson
Meh, I can wait for all 5.

Edit: though I'm also curious so if the majority is reached and Phil doesnt mind I also don't mind posting 😅😅😅😅

Philosophía
It's Wednesday, comic book day.

Tbb, one of them getting banned today and for the whole week would be hilarious.

Friday would be just a random day.

DarkSaint85
Having seen the judgements, I might just ban myself before posting them....

Damborgson
Alright, do it Dark. Do it now.

-clenches anus-

DarkSaint85
We have reached quorum.

Will posthem in the next 90-120 minutes.

Damborgson
Alright nice thumb up

That way we can openly discuss some things after the results are posted.

DarkSaint85
Winner: Philosophia, with Magneto

Damborgson
Congrats Phil thumb up

Was super fun smile

Now...

Jesus Christ, that was hard. I should've argued for close range but wanted an untainted victory. I had no idea also that Magneto could multi task like that laughing out loud there was no way I was going to distract him enough, he was truly a powerful creature that was debated well with as well.

Cosmic , what speed feats are you talking about? The one I posted was pretty ducking fast.

Philosophía
Thank you to the judges for taking the time with the match, and thanks to everybody who chimed in, and a special thanks of course to...

Congrats Phil thumb up

Was super fun smile

Now...

Jesus Christ, that was hard. I should've argued for close range but wanted an untainted victory. I had no idea also that Magneto could multi task like that laughing out loud there was no way I was going to distract him enough, he was truly a powerful creature that was debated well with as well.

Cosmic , what speed feats are you talking about? The one I posted was pretty ducking fast.

Yeah, Magneto is the shit. You did as well as one can do, but Magneto is the proper combination of raw power and ridiculous versatility that one like Hulk cannot get past in a non-PIS environment . I was beating myself afterwards for not using Magneto creating a wormhole in order to cement the gravity control, but I didn't see you say anything about it in the rebuttal, so I focused on the other stuff. But, Mags is basically "if this doesn't work, I can still do 5 other things for the exact same effect" type of character.

Congrats for a match well fought thumb up

DarkSaint85
Good match all.

Carver is a true gentleman, and whilst I was the host I also had a dog in this fight.

Philosophía
Good match all.

Carver is a true gentleman, and whilst I was the host I also had a dog in this fight. *barks angrily*

zopzop

Philosophía
Originally posted by zopzop
I just wanted to show you this Philo, Havok wrecking Hulk via absorbing his radiation and shooting him with it : Heh, I didn't want to use gamma drain since sometimes it works, sometimes not, and I didn't want to turn it into a draining argument - and also, this particular World War Hulk version has the Darwin scene, which doesn't look at it favorably. I used his gamma constitution as a tool for other things rather than a weakness.

psycho gundam
This was definitely a handicap match where hulk was stripped of things against a guy who has everything almost anyone would want for a battlezone. It was a losing fight for Fernando but I would have gone with the endurance angle. "No worldbreaker" to me would just transform into an argument of hulk being almost incapable of expending energy enough to tire him (if that can even be proven to be possible as green scar) coupled with the rules of engagement being that bfr isn't an option, Magneto would have to bring everything to him and Fernando could have made quite a case there. The long range fight would be avoided completely. Think dr Strange vs hulk every time. Strange and magneto have a million powers but they are just "human" under all of that and hulk would need one finger flick to cave their torso in. Skip all their ability and get to that and that alone

Damborgson
Well I think I proved that Hulk would be on his ass nearly instantly even under these circumstances, and because Phil only really posted one short range gravity reversal feat, which Martian picked up on, it wasn't a secured victory to just get me off my feet and start butchering me.

I think the big issue still came from how good Magneto was at multi tasking. Too many damn options while being airborne and whatnot. Other than that I also should have put my pride aside and negotiated some perks for Hulk lol. The poor boy usually gets a little plot assistance to help him. But ah well.

Next time, ill get my chance with Thor -rubs hands-

DarkSaint85
At the end of the day, the best Hulk fan of the board stepped up for an entertaining match

Philosophía
At the end of the day, the best Hulk fan of the board stepped up for an entertaining match thumb up

I got an exclusive interview with the rest of the Hulk fans for their thoughts on the match, btw:

3KquFZYi6L0

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.