Jump Force (Shonen Jump All-Stars)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
Bandai Namco giving us a highly detailed, particle filled anime brawler consisting of characters from series like Dragon Ball, One Piece, Naruto and...Death Note?

D02r3Ph9tM8

1uMPsSqaGFw

ares834
Looks better than J-Stars. Hopefully we get some BHA characters this time around.

NewGuy01
That looks pretty epic, ngl.

cdtm
Looks like garbage to me.

Nemesis X
This crossover in a nutshell.

My name is Naruto Uzumaki! I'm going to be the next Hokage! Believe it!

I'm Monkey D. Luffy and I'm gonna become the King of the Pirates!

Hi I'm Son Goku! Let's fight!

Light Yagami: Uh huh. Uh huh. That's all very fascinating.

*40 seconds later after writing in the Death Note*

Light Yagami: Why aren't you dead yet?!

Goku: Guess that wasn't my real name after all! Oh thank Kami!

Vegeta: No s**t, you-know-whats-it!

cdtm
I don't think the Death Note ever faced name changes. It could just add both names to the list.

cdtm
Originally posted by cdtm
I don't think the Death Note ever faced name changes. It could just add both names to the list.

I mean official changes. Obviously aliases like "L" don't count.

After all, how does it even recognize a true name? Names are social constructs.. What, do shinigami have long form birth documents?

Should a name given at birth be more valid then a name lived with all your life, under a completely different society?

Tzeentch
The gameplay they showed looked really sterile and slow. Hopefully it will look more impressive who are actually good at the game show it off.

Khazra Reborn
Visually very impressive, but the gameplay looks like gob shite.

Nemesis X
Some movements can look a little stiff but overall, I think it looks nice so far and with it coming out next year, there's plenty of time to fix things before release.

hFTwzMNbkAY

ares834
They really need to tone down those particle effects. Jesus.

Bro SMASH
It should have been a 2D fighting game like DBFZ.

Nemesis X
If anyone here was actually looking forward to seeing how the heck Namco could possibly make Light Yagami or Ryuk fighters, bad news: https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2018/jun/15/jump-forces-death-note-characters-wont-be-playable-says-games-producer/

They're just story NPCs.

Shame. Would've liked to see what some creative freedom could've given Ryuk here gameplay-wise.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Nemesis X
This crossover in a nutshell.

My name is Naruto Uzumaki! I'm going to be the next Hokage! Believe it!

I'm Monkey D. Luffy and I'm gonna become the King of the Pirates!

Hi I'm Son Goku! Let's fight!

Light Yagami: Uh huh. Uh huh. That's all very fascinating.

*40 seconds later after writing in the Death Note*

Light Yagami: Why aren't you dead yet?!

Goku: Guess that wasn't my real name after all! Oh thank Kami!

Vegeta: No s**t, you-know-whats-it!

gay.

Nemesis X
Ichigo, Rukia, and Aizen confirmed.

sHImBE8RHqc

Ridley_Prime
HOLD ON, where's Yugi?

Nemesis X
dGSg26geRcQ

Quincy
Can't help but feel this is going to be bad.

Ridley_Prime
Following my last post, guess Yugi was revealed early after all. Now am more considering of this game than I was before.

https://gematsu.com/2018/09/jump-force-adds-yugi-from-yu-gi-oh

Will keep more of an eye out now at the very least.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Some movements can look a little stiff but overall, I think it looks nice so far and with it coming out next year, there's plenty of time to fix things before release.

hFTwzMNbkAY Looked like Boros and I actually almost lost my ****ing mind.

Too bad it's just Susanoo. sad

Ridley_Prime
Yusuke and ****ing Toguro? Hype.

FYHo4zWhwm4

Nemesis X
After playing the beta, I'm feeling really put off by this game the fact your team of 3 has to share one stinking health bar together. This results in super short matches. It's really disappointing.

Nemesis X
Anybody ever tried playing this in 2020/21? There been any improvements? I notice it still being supported with Yoruichi arriving soon as DLC.

XU8wlHlgrK0

Quincy
I picked it up on a sale.

The only real mileage I got out of it was in attempting to max level my characters. There are like, side missions which are just overly difficult fights and that's where I had the most fun. Dont think I ever really completed the story.

Still a gorgeous game though.

Kazenji
Is this game actually worth getting or skip it?

Quincy
Not for full price. If you're a big jump fan it's definitely worth playing and dicking around a bit. If you've only a passing familiarity with Jump's characters and history youre mileage will be kinda slight.

The story itself is not very engrossing, and not much actual voiceover. There are however ramping difficulty type matches that can be fun to work on and levelling up your team.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.