Did Jar Jar betray the Republic?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
Apparently there was a deleted scene in RotS where Palpatine right before declaring the Empire thanks Jar Jar who seems to nod along in agreement.

Does this fit in with the canon / legends or was Jar Jar just a fool?

Kurk
Jar Jar was the undisputed dark lord of the Sith along with Palpatine. Of course he betrayed the Republic.

Zentrex
Are you literally seriously asking if jar jar was a fool? I used to believe there were no stupid questions before you asked this.

And, I mean, (almost) everyone else in the Senate agreed to Palpatine's transformation of the Republic into the Empire, so Jar Jar thinking he's right isn't too big of a stretch. And to be completely honest, the way things were at the time, and due to the lack of knowledge about the Emperor's true intentions, the whole Empire thing would have seemed like a great idea, and only those who stick illogically close to democracy or idiots would have thought otherwise.

The Ellimist

Zentrex
Ooh! Didn't see that! I take back what I said! My bad, sorry!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.