Dying light 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Estacado
God I loved the 1st game!!
98oJYDRblLI

Estacado
0WLkmnA-A5k

Arachnid1
2MD4gTitmzw

I feel like there should be waaaaay more hype for this game. The first was the best zombie game ever made IMO. Day 1.

Smasandian
It's probably because its been announced years ago, there was trouble during the development and while I agree it was a ton of fun and total surprise.....I'm not sure it has the pull as other games.

Estacado
2 weeks left and yes the 1st is indeed the Best zombie game out there.

Some people got it early so it is possible to see early playthrough.

They made the parkour so much better with the parachute/gliding and the grappling hooks also looks to be improved...

emporerpants
Getting this day 1. I loved the first one as well. It was the only zombie game that truly felt like you were a survivor in a zombie infested city. Like you guys have said, probably the best zombie game ever. Can't wait for 2.

Smasandian
I'm waiting to hear if its good or not.
It looks promising and I had a ton of fun with the first...so I do expect good things...
But I'm still going to wait.

I'm betting there is going to be a few bugs...haha

cdtm
The first was no Zombie Island.

Smasandian
huh? I believe you are talking about Dead Island?

If so...it was a fun for a bit...but I got kind of bored.
But...it was a good first step.

No different than CD Project Red talking 2 Witcher games before making Witcher 3.

Estacado
Developers of Dead Island made Dying Light the parkour alone made it a better game...

Small info story is said to be 20 hours to do all sidequest etc will take 80 hours to 100 percent complete everything in the game alternate choices etc....can take you 500 hours which sounds kinda dumb.

Also after the release they will keep making content for it for another 5 years...

The whole story can be beaten in coop...

Main character is said to be infected so possible "super powers" at some point in the game....

Smasandian
Can we not bring up what might happen later in the game...just leave it as is.

Estacado
Currently at 77 percent out of 45 reviews.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-5/dying-light-2-stay-human/critic-reviews

Smasandian
That makes sense...Dying Light was rough around the edges, story was all over the place...but it had some charm and it sucked me in.

Read the Polygon review and the key parts is that movement and combat are fantastic, story is OK and some weird stuff.

Which sounds like a Techland game.....

Estacado
Dont care much about the reviews I loved the 1st so this is automatically a day 1 purchase for me...

Smasandian
I use reviews to ensure that the purchase is a solid one or not. If the majority of reviews are saying combat sucks....and etc.

Then...I'm on the fence.
The minutiae of specific settings, story and etc doesn't change my opinion on whenever I buy a game or not.

Unless its something that drives me nuts in games then I'm not bothered.

Dorigito
You and your weak dollar!

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Estacado
Developers of Dead Island made Dying Light the parkour alone made it a better game...

Small info story is said to be 20 hours to do all sidequest etc will take 80 hours to 100 percent complete everything in the game alternate choices etc....can take you 500 hours which sounds kinda dumb.

Also after the release they will keep making content for it for another 5 years...

The whole story can be beaten in coop...

Main character is said to be infected so possible "super powers" at some point in the game.... I had one, ONE SINGULAR problem with the Dying Light games that made me dislike them... being unable to keep the weapons I wanted.

Better not get too attached to the weapons, they'll break and you'll have to craft new ones.

You got rid of them in Dead Island, but once you're at the end-game you don't really NEED to throw out many weapons. Dying Light forces you to get rid of weapons because they break.

Also IMO hits outside of crazy stuff like dropkicks and whatnot don't feel as good.

Smasandian
Honestly....I get that point.

But the game did a really good job later in the game about keeping weapons.
There was abilities to limit the amount of damage, more and more repairs were allowed and generally, the game usually replace your great weapons with better ones.

Some of the higher tier weapons lasted me for hours.....I had start throwing some of the weapons away because I didn't have enough space.

In my opinion, it was a much better system than Breath of the Wild.

Estacado
So I played it for about 5 hours Didnt progress in the story much so far its almost the same As the 1st.

Minor differences are
-that you that you can equip armor for stat boost
-you can block
-they added another difficulty for night cause you have to expose your self to UV each 5 minutes which can be extended.

Still way too early in the game only unlocked 1 combat and 2 parkour skills.

Estacado
Im having a blast with this.

Played 22 hours roughly halfway through the story.

Im in the 2nd are got the paraglider not long ago.

Gonna try to get some inhibitors so I can get my stamina and health maxed out.

Inhibitors are a kind of injection to increase your stats which are required for the combat and parkour skills they can be found in bases filled with infected, outside boss fights, some can be acquired in open buildings.

The main difference in the game is that you have 2 factions and environment changes depending on which you put charge of the larger compounds. For Example 1 installs zip wires around the city the other place carbombs. The more compounds they get the more the city evolves electric traps or double Way zipwires, turrets etc...

All together there are about 100 missions with the sidequests if im correct...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.