25 Years of Jurassic Park

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

James T. Kirk
Today's the 25th anniversary of the first movie.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/96/Jurassic_Park_logo.jpg

Robtard
I recall it well, I worked in a movie theater when it came out, we had a new high-end sound system installed in the largest theater ahead of the release. The scene where you first hear the T-Rex walking, where the water glass is shaking, the low-end (bass) from that would carry to the other three theaters to the point we got complaints.

steverules_2
Best part of the film is the T-Rex

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by James T. Kirk
Today's the 25th anniversary of the first movie.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/96/Jurassic_Park_logo.jpg

YEY!!!!!!!

Thanks Jurassicverse for all those great moments and amazing dinosaurs.

relentless1
Man this movie was my childhood; I remember the lead up to it; the marketing was so mysterious to me and I couldn't quite get what it was all about... I was 7 at the time so sue me lol... Got my dad to take me about 10 times that summer and I had ALL the toys...

Darth Thor
^ No youre right there was a load of secrecy, because they were hiding the special effects for as long as possible, which were ground breaking at the time.

riv6672

Flyattractor
Man I used to hate those 2 kids in the first movie, but I have mellowed towards them over the years. Don't find them NEARLY as annoying as I did back in the day.

relentless1
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Man I used to hate those 2 kids in the first movie, but I have mellowed towards them over the years. Don't find them NEARLY as annoying as I did back in the day.

lol thats probably because you compare them to all the lame kids in the sequels

Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ No youre right there was a load of secrecy, because they were hiding the special effects for as long as possible, which were ground breaking at the time.

ahh ok I thought it was just me being too young to remember the marketing fully, what I recall most was the McDonalds commercials honestly and there was no real indication about what the film was really all about, also those groundbreaking effects STILL put some modern SFX to shame; now thats a great great accomplishment if you ask me

Darth Thor
Jurassic Park and T2 were the 2 most groundbreaking films (special effects wise) of that decade.

Phantom Menace too tbh. Even though most wont like to credit that one.

John Murdoch
My dad, younger brother, and I went to catch this opening weekend I believe. The T-Rex dam sequence and the raptors in the kitchen...terrifying. Incredible movie, prolly on my top ten, and might still be Spielberg's best film IMO.

And yes, the marketing was extremely well-done for this movie. These days, you would have had the plot spelled out and then the T-Rex roaring at the museum to finish the trailer with an Inception-style "BWAAAAAAAAAH".

CPT Space Bomb
I was out camping with my family as a kid. The second day was a massive storm, and it rained all day. My dad took us all to see Jurassic Park.. Best camping day of all time.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by relentless1
lol thats probably because you compare them to all the lame kids in the sequels

I didn't mind the kid in the 3rd one ,and I also though JP3 was Way Better then 2.

And yes. Kids in JW were pretty annoying. But that movies amount of just Dumb Fun made them rather easy to ignore.

quanchi112
Originally posted by steverules_2
Best part of the film is the T-Rex Agreed but I never really got excited for this tbh.

Flyattractor
Best Part of the Whole Damn Movie.

http://cinefex.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/T-Rex_Digital.jpg

Robtard
Originally posted by Darth Thor

I recall that, which I somewhat miss, you went into the theater only knowing the basics, compared to now where the trailers usually spoil the plot for you.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.