Control

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
New game from Remedy (Alan Wake & Max Payne)

ooh6Vb-El3U

Nemesis X

It's astounding
Time is fleeting
Madness takes it's toll
But listen closely
I've got to keep control

I remember
Doing the time waaarp
Drinking those moments when
The blackness would hit me
And the void would be calling

That trailer just screamed that song to me.

Anyways, think I'm gonna withhold my excitement and wait for further info. I remember when Remedy's last game, Quantum Break, wowed me at first with it's reveal and then launch day happened. That was disappointing.

Nephthys
Looks fantastic.

Nemesis X
ALAN WAAAAAAKE!!!!!!!

djH7q3ogaYs

Smasandian
Yeah, there is a few Alan Wake tidbits in the game.
This game was good...but I wasn't a huge fan of the RPG'ish mechanics they had.

Your fighting a difficult fight...and boom, the game tells me there is some enemies in a previous area that you need to take down....it was just off a tad.

But most of it was great.

Nemesis X
Yeah but to get a full blown crossover to meet the man himself in character and not just his actor in a lab coat after almost 10 years is making me so giddy. Alan Wake is such a cool game.

Agreed there are times in Control enemy room clearings can be annoying but overall, pretty fun game. I was especially sold on it's SCP inspired world with all the random events that make for the most bizarre ass encounters I didn't see coming.

Smasandian
For sure, it's almost criminal they never made a true sequel. American Nightmare was neat but Alan Wake is amazing. I recently replayed it and it's still fantastic.
Seeing Alan Wake on the new systems and the lighting systems it can produce...could be awesome.

For Control, I also wasn't a fan of the death system. I didn't feel right that you lose XP.....didn't make the game more fun. But still, it was a fun game and I'm happy that AAA title like this is still being produced.

I hope Remedy will still be around..but then I assume one of the big console makers would buy them up in a heart beat if Remedy falters.

BackFire
Really enjoyed this game.

Nemesis X
Finished AWE. Pretty good. To use Taken Hartman as the antagonist was an interesting twist. Guy was actually pretty scary, this warped slender man hiding in the darkness with so few light sources to keep him away.

However I think some things in this DLC are in conflict with what happened in the Alan Wake game so he could be here. Lore found in AWE would suggest Hartman jumped in Cauldron Lake willingly to be Taken before the Bureau found him but he was already took on the night Alan escaped that lodge unless he survived which I guess rereading the manuscript for this moment doesn't necessarily say specifically if he was alive or dead. Fair enough I guess though dunno why the Dark Presence would spare him.

Nemesis X
"We can't possibly upgrade your copy of Control to the Ultimate Edition" 505 Games claims...unless you own the digital deluxe edition! Whoops!

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2020/09/11/control-ultimate-edition-backlash/

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.