Thread ender Vs Thread ender

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
Responses (theoretically) guaranteed to end a thread before its even begun.
Top contenders:

Speed steal
Bubble to the brain
Pillar of salt
Sleep pellets
Door
Spite
Erase from reality
Speed blitz
TP
(Insert your own)

Which are most/least valid, which is most overused/do you use, which is easiest/hardest to argue against...

Bentley
Hulk is Hulk.
They get Alpha Flight'd.
lol Colossus loses

spetznaz

DarkSaint85
Also, null field thumb up

Black Alice
Misdirection
Time Stop

Supermutant
Bfr, most thread needs it off to make it competitive. Most non flyers, non teleporters, or non speedsters are screwed.

riv6672
^^^forgot BFR.
Great call.

Thanks for the breakdown, spetzaz, that was -really- helpful!

The Spectre+
speed blitz comes in handy especially in superman vs thor debates

cdtm
Originally posted by riv6672
Responses (theoretically) guaranteed to end a thread before its even begun.
Top contenders:

Speed steal
Bubble to the brain
Pillar of salt
Sleep pellets
Door
Spite
Erase from reality
Speed blitz
TP
(Insert your own)

Which are most/least valid, which is most overused/do you use, which is easiest/hardest to argue against...

In terms of effectiveness, Speed blitz beat them all, since it, followed closely by time stop.

They're basically the same thing.

As far as actually stopping threads.... No one really accepts speed stomps anymore. Threads more likely to be extended by them.

I'd say at the moment, the top ender of threads is Midnighters computer brain, followed by Door. Often deployed as an "I win" button, and not as widely argued against, or outright ignored, compared to the rest.

Badabing
Because he's Batman.

Closed

riv6672

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Bentley
Hulk is Hulk.
They get Alpha Flight'd.
lol Colossus loses

laughing

Galan007
Flash is THE thread-ender. great_dane said it best:
Originally posted by great_dane
well Iv'e given ways that flash would easily take this idiot down. how would exitar beat him?

thor was able to crack his armor, flash hitting him with a couple million infinate mass punches to the tempo would kill him, instantly.

flash would be able to use heat touch and melt his armor off his head, then (at speeds of light) shit on him like a toilet

My favorite poster of all time, btw. thumb up

Wonder Man
cry babies

leonidas
speed steal is effectively impossible to argue against unless you go through pure speculation--and even that is difficult to make sound reasonable. fortunately it comes up rarely enough. most know by now flash is haxx in a forum setting and generally makes for sh!tty debates.

most matter maniup (and i'd include brain bubble) can be countered in some way, though it can be tough and depends on the character. spite is spite. bad threads are bad threads. we can say things like "for the sake of discussion" or try neutering someone. even making claims to comics (as funny as it sounds) doesn't help because in some ways the forum is anathema to what goes on in comics, where pis and narrative take precedence.

bfr is awful and boring and incontestable if not eliminated in some match ups and tp is incontestable as well depending on match ups. those all go back to the same thing--terrible match ups. generally all these endings can be avoided if a match up is well considered.

leonidas
Originally posted by Galan007
Flash is THE thread-ender. great_dane said it best:

My favorite poster of all time, btw. thumb up

i think i've been here longer then you and i don't even remember that guy...did he have a different username at some point?

Galan007
Nah, that was his only username. Not sure if he was a sock, though, but his posts are f*cking gold. Honestly worth a search.

He was posting back in 2007ish.

leonidas
2007?? geezus. and you remember him? must be gold. laughing out loud

Galan007
If you get bored, read some of his posts... I promise you won't be disappointed:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/search.php?action=showresults&q=userid%3A101622

...You'll soon understand WHY he's my all-time fav. thumb up

leonidas
thumb up

Philosophía
If you get bored, read some of his posts... I promise you won't be disappointed:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/search.php?action=showresults&q=userid%3A101622

...You'll soon understand WHY he's my all-time fav. thumb up I went to one of his threads.

Saw batdude and xmarksthespot there. Nostalgia instantly kicked in.

What are you doing to me, Galan?

Galan007
Reminding you that the forums haven't always been as bad as they are now. thumb up

#TheFeels

spetznaz
Reminding you that the forums haven't always been as bad as they are now. thumb up

#TheFeels

This!!!!

riv6672
Originally posted by leonidas
2007?? geezus. and you remember him? must be gold. laughing out loud
Geez, i originally registered here around that time, from Iraq, but only made a few posts, then forgot about it.

Insane Titan
Superman wins

Mindship
Batman with prep.

Acceptable substitute: Reed with prep.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Mindship
Batman with prep.

Acceptable substitute: Reed with prep.

Unless you're Carver and/or Baziermarc....

riv6672

Wonder Man
The black Queens experience as she is 12,000 years old might beat Reed Richards with prep. time.

-K-M-

riv6672

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.