War Thor vs Battle Beast

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Clash of the pacifists.

Who wins?

Sin I AM
Both were gone too soon

krisblaze
Battle Beast at his very best was challenging Thragg, a bit above War Thor I'd say.

cdtm
How strong is that troll? Ulick or whatever.

Hurt his hand on his beard.

CadenceV2
Good match. War Thor does not have the durability to tank too many of the edge weapons BB has. Edge weapons that cut Viltumites with ease. BB is faster too for sure.

War Thor meanwhile has better options with lightning, and slightly better strength and durability overall.

Both have good skill, though BB is stated in official bio a master of all fighting forms in the known universe.

So ts a interesting close match IMO.

deathslash
If WT summons his storm, he'll take this fight for sure. If not, BB cuts him up in close combat. The slight edges to strength and durability that Volstagg has won't matter when he's fighting someone that can keep going with his entrails falling out.

riv6672
Who the heck is War Thor?

cdtm
Originally posted by riv6672
Who the heck is War Thor?

Volstagg with Ultimate Mjolnir.

Greatly overpowered Jane. Then of course did worse against Mangog.

riv6672
Ha, i have -got- to go find a pic of him! laughing out loud

Rage.Of.Olympus
If War Thor has his hammer and lightning powers, he wins. Far too powerful.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by riv6672
Ha, i have -got- to go find a pic of him! laughing out loud

http://insidepulse.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Mighty-Thor-22-Marvel-Comics-Legacy-spoilers-3.jpg

zopzop
War Thor easily.

Galan007
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
If War Thor has his hammer and lightning powers, he wins. Far too powerful. Agree.

If War Thor throws fisticuffs, however, it won't go well for him, imo. BB is strong/fast/durable enough to fight Thragg for dayS on end.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Galan007
Agree.

If War Thor throws fisticuffs, however, it won't go well for him, imo. BB is strong/fast/durable enough to fight Thragg for dayS on end.

If he puts his hammer down and fights battle beast with his bare hands while BB is armed to the teeth and trying to bite his throat off, he deserves to lose imo.

That being said, War Thor doesn't have much feats, but based on what we've seen, he's at least as strong as standard Jane Thor so BB would have no strength advantage. Shrugging off Ulik's pounder to the face and Enchantress' magic would make him noticeable more durable than BB imo and after that ridiculous beating Mangog gave him, its not like he doesn't have heart to keep pushing forward through pain.

He has no speed feats but he can instantly teleport and was able to quickly cross the solar system so I guess it doesn't matter much..

Galan007
If he puts his hammer down and fights battle beast with his bare hands while BB is armed to the teeth and trying to bite his throat off, he deserves to lose imo.

That being said, War Thor doesn't have much feats, but based on what we've seen, he's at least as strong as standard Jane Thor so BB would have no strength advantage. Shrugging off Ulik's pounder to the face would make him noticeable more durable than BB imo and after that ridiculous beating Mangog gave him, its not like he doesn't have heart to keep pushing forward through pain.

He has no speed feats but he can instantly teleport and was able to quickly cross the solar system so I guess it doesn't matter. If BB is strong enough to harm Thragg, he's strong enough to contend with War Thor physically, imo... And if he's durable enough to soak repeated assaults from Thragg(who can casually ragdoll top-tier Viltrumites and tank planet-busting explosions) for dayS on end, then he's also durable enough to endure strikes from War Thor, imo.

As for speed: I'm not talking about teleportation via Mjolnir, and/or linear travel speed. I'm talking about battle speed. BB's fight with Thragg took place across that entire world, and they were moving at such speeds that not even Space Racer's instrumentation could properly track them... Which is quite something given that Racer's tech is FTL.

srug

But yeah, if WT lightnings or w/e, it's all over.

Rage.Of.Olympus
If BB is strong enough to harm Thragg, he's strong enough to contend with War Thor physically, imo... And if he's durable enough to soak repeated assaults from Thragg(who can casually ragdoll top-tier Viltrumites and tank planet-busting explosions) for dayS on end, then he's also durable enough to endure strikes from War Thor, imo.

As for speed: I'm not talking about teleportation via Mjolnir, and/or linear travel speed. I'm talking about battle speed. BB's fight with Thragg took place across that entire world, and they were moving at such speeds that not even Space Racer's instrumentation could properly track them... Which is quite something given that Racer's tech is FTL.

srug

But yeah, if WT lightnings or w/e, it's all over.

Oh I agree, 100%. I just think based on based on available evidence, War Thor would have an easier time harming BB in h2h than vise versa. BBs damage soak would make him very tough to put down however. I can't debate the intricacies of strength, because War Thor didn't do much, but I don't think he can easily manhandle BB who's a solid class 100. I do however believe (This is my opinion) that he'd be the one overpowering his opponent. Remember Aaron, had Ulik giving Thor trouble on two occasions and compared him to Hulk outside the comic but had War Thor utterly own Ulik and be extremely dominant against Jane Thor after fighting Surtur's daughter.

I wasn't arguing that War Thor was as fast as BB, he doesn't have the feats. However, based on his portrayal of Jane and Thor in rapid speed combat, I think it's fair to say, War Thor would almost certainly be written similarly. With the hammer in hand, he writes them similar to classic super-fast flying bricks like Gladiator or Superman. That is however a theory, and isn't supported by hard facts, just my general impression that all hammer wielders tend to be fast under certain writers. And not-so fast under others.

Regardless Ultimate Mjolnir is too much. I find it ridiculous that Mangog was able to break if. Silly imo.

Galan007
Fair enough... Though I disagree that WT would be overpowering BB, but that's neither here nor there.

Fact is, WT has Ult. Mjolnir here, and is free to use its esotericness. BB can't cope with that.

leonidas
esotericness. thumb up

Galan007
it am reel wurd. thumb up

leonidas
speaking of grammar--you reading red hood and the outlaws? recommended me by phil. love it.

Galan007
I don't listen to any of Phil's recommendations. He's god awful. thumb down

But yeah, it's fun read. thumb up

CadenceV2

Shrugging off Ulik's pounder to the face and Enchantress' magic would make him noticeable more durable than BB imo and after that ridiculous beating Mangog gave him, its not like he doesn't have heart to keep pushing forward through pain.

He has no speed feats but he can instantly teleport and was able to quickly cross the solar system so I guess it doesn't matter much..

Speed is a huge deal. BB can fight Thragg fast enough to battle from one spot of the planet to the other as Space Racer said. Combat Speed > Travel Speed in a fight.

War Thor also has no defense to weapons that cut through Viltumite durability like a hot knife through butter. Normal Odinson and Jane Thor get cut by simple asgardian weapons and other non adamantium metals/weapons. Like Angela's blades. So a Viltumite slicing sword and axe would damage War Thor with every swing badly. He could tank the pain, but pain is not the same as damage till your body shuts down.

Their is also the skill edge to BB which War Thor is behind in to factor in.

War Thor does have more blunt damage physical, and has strength and lightning advantage,

leonidas
I don't listen to any of Phil's recommendations. He's god awful. thumb down

But yeah, it's fun read. thumb up

words to live by. thumb up

riv6672
Originally posted by leonidas
words to live by. thumb up
Hell yes. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.