Dumbo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Josh_Alexander
Dumbo remake is on the way. Set for 2019, the official trailer is out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QPdRfqTnt4

What do you guys think? Will it reassemble the Jungle's Book success? Could it surpass it?

Robtard
The Dumbo story isn't as interesting to me as say The Lion King or Aladdin, but I'd watch it. Beauty and the Beast was really well done, so looking forward to the live action versions of these classics.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Robtard
The Dumbo story isn't as interesting to me as say The Lion King or Aladdin, but I'd watch it. Beauty and the Beast was really well done, so looking forward to the live action versions of these classics.

I believe so too. Yet am interested..These movie doesn't seem to follow the animated cartoon version...

Seems the story will be diferent.

quanchi112
Poor josh and his precious dumbo. He likes dumbo more than star wars. Sickening.

Robtard
The original 1941 cartoon is only around an hour long, so they're going to have to add a lot to make a full feature. The live action BandB was just over two hours long.

Flyattractor
So instead of Talking Animals they replace that with Child Actors?

PASS!!!!!!

Impediment

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by quanchi112
Poor josh and his precious dumbo. He likes dumbo more than star wars. Sickening.

Irrelevant for this thread. Remain on thread parameters or begone.

Josh_Alexander

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Flyattractor
So instead of Talking Animals they replace that with Child Actors?

PASS!!!!!!

Should that be the case i think it would be disappointing.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Irrelevant for this thread. Remain on thread parameters or begone.

You ask for a lot , don't you.

Josh_Alexander
You ask for a lot , don't you.

Well its Quan so...Yeah.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Should that be the case i think it would be disappointing.

I would almost be willing to bet that Dumbo will become a Secondary Character to the little Girl in his OWN movie.

Cause Disney.

Josh_Alexander
I would almost be willing to bet that Dumbo will become a Secondary Character to the little Girl in his OWN movie.

Cause Disney.

That would result in a disaster.

The CGI seems great though. Nice actors too.

Impediment
I have to admit that the scene from the cartoon when Mrs. Jumbo loves on and swings Dumbo from her trunk while she’s locked in prison makes me weepy every time I see it.

Flyattractor
LIke I said. Would almost be willing to bet that The Big chunk of the movies story will be about how the Little Girl lost her Mommy (Just like dumbo) and is ALL ALONE in the THE WORLD! (except for her little brother and dad but still) And it will be how She teaches the poor widdle elleppant to FLY!

Cause YAY FOR WIDDLE GURLZ!

Phuck You Dizney for shitting on this classic movie to push your SJW Princess Bullshit.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Impediment
I have to admit that the scene from the cartoon when Mrs. Jumbo loves on and swings Dumbo from her trunk while she’s locked in prison makes me weepy every time I see it.

It was a good movie tbh. And I agree, that song melts the heart.

Well we see mrs. Dumbo being pulled away in a similar cart in the movie. She will likely appear.

cdtm
Thought this thread was about certain posters, my bad. embarrasment

Zack M
Looks great.

Robtard
Originally posted by Impediment

What a little b***H. I bet you cried at the beginning of Up too.

F2bk_9T482g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2bk_9T482g

That scene is heart wrenching

Impediment
Originally posted by Robtard
What a little b***H. I bet you cried at the beginning of Up too.

I cry like a b*tch in almost anything sentimental.

The goodbye scene from Armageddon, the Color Purple, Steel Magnilias, Old Yeller, and, yes, Up, you sperm burper.

Robtard
I added a link to the scene, it's effing heart breaking.

Armageddon though? Come on!

cdtm
Will they keep the racist crows?

It isn't Dumbo without racist crows.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by cdtm
Will they keep the racist crows?

It isn't Dumbo without racist crows.

laughing out loud

Cuban black crows.

Impediment

quanchi112

Josh_Alexander

quanchi112

Patient_Leech
I didn't know Tim Burton was directing it. Doesn't really look like his work (and that's a good thing).

It looks good. I've read the little Dumbo book to my son a few times for bedtime. I like the story. I really liked the live action Cinderella, but couldn't get into Beauty and the Beast (some musicals I just can't do). So I hope this isn't a ****ing musical.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I didn't know Tim Burton was directing it. Doesn't really look like his work (and that's a good thing).

It looks good. I've read the little Dumbo book to my son a few times for bedtime. I like the story. I really liked the live action Cinderella, but couldn't get into Beauty and the Beast (some musicals I just can't do). So I hope this isn't a ****ing musical.

How closely did Disney stick to the book?

Flyattractor
Can't wait to see how the PC SJW Up the Black Crows bit.

Probably replace them with Redneck white doves...

Cause ya know...

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I didn't know Tim Burton was directing it.

I thought I read Disney had chosen several other "edgy" directors to do live-action/cgi versions of other classics too.

Something like Tarantino doing Pinnochio...?

Patient_Leech
^ I don't know. I thought I heard that Del Toro was doing Pinocchio, which might be really cool. But I might have made it up.

Nemesis X
Humans as main characters in Dumbo? How about DumNO no expression

Flyattractor
If they made Dumbo a Girl they wouldn't have had to do this....or I wonder if this is some kine of response to the Talking CGI Lions in that OTHER Remake....

Lol!

Still gotta laugh at that movie being called "Live Action"!!!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.