New 52 Superman vs. Midgard Serpent

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
No BFR

Can Clark win

riv6672
Sure.
He and Thor are peers, w. Supes having greater invulnerability and speed.
Despite magic weakness, he can pull it off, its not like the MGS will be casting spells.

Philosophía
Superman wears him as a cock ring.

riv6672
Well that was stupid.

quanchi112

carver9
New 52 fought something that was similar but far less powerful and was losing. Giving this to Midgard.

Rage.Of.Olympus
This is tough. MS is extremely durable, and even tougher on the inside, and the strong magic together with the magic weakness vs the MS ability to freeze time, poison fangs and vapour can kill even Superman. He's at a size and weight, that even if the MS was asleep, something like bfr would be hard to do.

Superman being so agile, strong and fast, should be able to win but I'm not sure how. A head on collision of mutually assured destruction like Thor did? And even that was the same process that formed the God Blast, Superman doesn't generate that type of power often.

Can Superman win? Sure. Punching the MG and doing lasting damage is almost impossible however, and even then it has a noticeable healing factor. The first time Thor won, it was through mutual destruction of supreme power. The second time, he was about to be eaten and caught the MS' head in a teleportation field.

ghostman
Originally posted by carver9
New 52 fought something that was similar but far less powerful and was losing. Giving this to Midgard.

hulk fought two superman clones that were less powerful and lost each time, giving every hulk vs superman debate to supes

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by riv6672
Sure.
He and Thor are peers, w. Supes having greater invulnerability and speed.
Despite magic weakness, he can pull it off, its not like the MGS will be casting spells.

Doesn't "cast spells", but has esoteric abilities like what Rage said. Midgard Serpent also has eyeblasts.

carver9
Originally posted by ghostman
hulk fought two superman clones that were less powerful and lost each time, giving every hulk vs superman debate to supes

Which fight did Hulk lose against Supermen clones?

ghostman
Originally posted by carver9
Which fight did Hulk lose against Supermen clones?

sun god. hyperion.

abhilegend
Superman beats king cobra wannabe.

The Spectre+
ALL BOW BEFORE SUPERMAN! KING OF THE HERALDS!!! shifty

Pillow Biter
The degree of magic weakness is almost impossible to anticipate. It's all over the place.

Without magic as a factor, Superman wins. He's stronger and overall more powerful than Thor.

SquallX

riv6672
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Doesn't "cast spells", but has esoteric abilities like what Rage said. Midgard Serpent also has eyeblasts.
Oh, that slippery snake doesnt want to get into an eyeblast contest w. Supes.

But yes, Rage did make some good points. If MDS fought smart, it could definately win.

Pillow Biter
I can also see Superman doing his normal, Rocky routine. He initially gets overwhelmed by the size of the Serpent. He gets knocked around. Can't hurt the serpent, then starts hurting the serpent but the serpent is too big and heals too quickly. Everything looks bad. Hell, Supes may even win the first fight.

But then at some point Superman goes all Rocky on the Serpent and just punches the crap out of it. Maybe adds some super speed and heat vision to the mix for kicks. But basically just takes everything the Serpent can throw at him, and then overpowers the snake. This is far from a rare Superman arc.

deathslash

SquallX

deathslash

Baziemarc123
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
This is tough. MS is extremely durable, and even tougher on the inside, and the strong magic together with the magic weakness vs the MS ability to freeze time, poison fangs and vapour can kill even Superman. He's at a size and weight, that even if the MS was asleep, something like bfr would be hard to do.

Superman being so agile, strong and fast, should be able to win but I'm not sure how. A head on collision of mutually assured destruction like Thor did? And even that was the same process that formed the God Blast, Superman doesn't generate that type of power often.

Can Superman win? Sure. Punching the MG and doing lasting damage is almost impossible however, and even then it has a noticeable healing factor. The first time Thor won, it was through mutual destruction of supreme power. The second time, he was about to be eaten and caught the MS' head in a teleportation field.

Rage said it best, period

carver9
Originally posted by ghostman
sun god. hyperion.

Did you read both fights?

SquallX
Originally posted by deathslash
unless it's Superman, you mean?

You waiting to have Clark loses is baffling.

zopzop

Man, I WANT to believe this but I just can't. I made a VS Thread involving the MS a few months back and general consensus was even trash characters like Hercules w/ Mace would beat the MS (among others). Such a cool character, so underwhelming.
Originally posted by abhilegend
Superman beats king cobra wannabe.
Yeah, this is probably what happens.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by zopzop
Man, I WANT to believe this but I just can't. I made a VS Thread involving the MS a few months back and general consensus was even trash characters like Hercules w/ Mace would beat the MS (among others). Such a cool character, so underwhelming.

Versus who?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by zopzop

Yeah, this is probably what happens.

In what reality would Hercules beat the Midgard Serpent? Whoever thinks Hercules can beat the MS is poorly informed and ignorant of BOTH characters.

I've read every single Hercules and MS appearance. Absolutely cracked to come to that conclusion.

Thor overall is AT LEAST twice as powerful as Hercules, and hits MANY times harder with super-charged Mjolnir blows.

If Hercules thought the Hydra was difficult, the MS would atomize Hercules with it's death strike.

The main fight between Thor and MS by Simonson is a grander demonstration than anything Hercules has ever done outside of the Chaos War Skyfather amp.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Pillow Biter
overall more powerful than Thor.

This is untrue.

Baziemarc123
Superman is nowhere in Thor's league. period

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Baziemarc123
Superman is nowhere in Thor's league. period Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
This is untrue.

Baziemarc123
no not really if were talking whos more powerful

panthergod
This is untrue.

Not up for dispute at this point. Small god. Small world.

panthergod
Originally posted by Baziemarc123
Superman is nowhere in Thor's league. period

Bwahahahahahahaa

Thor and Surfer together are sub Darkseid. Cry more.

Baziemarc123
Thor's defeated both Ymir, and Surtur together before...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.