Warhawk vs. Tombstone

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StiltmanFTW
http://www.writeups.org/wp-content/uploads/Warhawk-Marvel-Comics-X-Men-3.jpg

vs.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/square_medium/11111/111111179/2977217-020+copy.jpg

StiltmanFTW
Zopzop, come here.

juggernaut74
Warhawk is durable for sure because Wolverines claws bounces off him.

StiltmanFTW
They did back in the day, yeah. They wouldn't now, though.

zopzop
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
They did back in the day, yeah. They wouldn't now, though.
Yup. That's my thinking too. IMHO, Tombstone wins after a decent fight. Tombstone's durability is respectable for his tier and it's held up well throughout the years (ignoring the Daredevil sledgehammer bullsh|t) plus he's a good H2H fighter. He's also FAST for his size and it catches a lot of people by surprise.

Tombstone ftw.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by zopzop
Yup. That's my thinking too.

thumb up

I have no doubt about it. Took Claremont years to define Wolverine's powerset, skillset, capabilities of his claws, etc.

Warhawk's been described as a "second-rate Colossus" by Jean and Logan has been able to slice through omnium with ease on numerous occasions since then.

Originally posted by zopzop
IMHO, Tombstone wins after a decent fight. Tombstone's durability is respectable for his tier and it's held up well throughout the years (ignoring the Daredevil sledgehammer bullsh|t) plus he's a good H2H fighter. He's also FAST for his size and it catches a lot of people by surprise.

Tombstone ftw.

Tombstone has a much longer career and feats, yeah.

Would be a better match if Marvel used WH more and actually had an idea on what to do with him. He started as a Colossus-lite, then seemed like a Captain Atom ripoff... wtf.

cdtm
Tombstones had some downright bad showings recently. Cage would have been a good fight in the 90's, but now he wipes the floor with him.

And Fisk was just embarrassing. I love Kingpin as much as the next man, but I can't see him doing that to Luke Cage.

By comparison, Warhawk has two good showings against Iron Fist, including one where he outright beat him.

Of course, he also has a really piss poor showing against the same a few issues later, but that's Comics. His highs outweigh his lows.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by cdtm
Tombstones had some downright bad showings recently. Cage would have been a good fight in the 90's, but now he wipes the floor with him.

TS and Cage already fought... Luke had the upper hand, iirc.

Then there's their most recent fight in which TS got like one-shotted or something laughing out loud Embarrassing, indeed.

And Fisk was just embarrassing. I love Kingpin as much as the next man, but I can't see him doing that to Luke Cage.

Well, I can.

Peak Kinpin has had many other ridiculous showings of strength. And didn't he stop the Rhino in that series? I think SamZED mentioned that, need to ask him.

By comparison, Warhawk has two good showings against Iron Fist, including one where he outright beat him.

Against Classic Danny, yes.

But he got bested by Luke.

cdtm
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
TS and Cage already fought... Luke had the upper hand, iirc.

Then there's their most recent fight in which TS got like one-shotted or something laughing out loud Embarrassing, indeed.

Well, I can.

Peak Kinpin has had many other ridiculous showings of strength. And didn't he stop the Rhino in that series? I think SamZED mentioned that, need to ask him.

Against Classic Danny, yes.

But he got bested by Luke.

Yep, Luke brought him down in a pretty epic grapple, that literally brought down the house. smile

The reasoning was that Warhawk only had an earlier version of the same process Cage went through, accouting for him looking like steel, instead of simply being as hard as it.

And if you read that, do you remember the third match only a few issues later? I think Claremont was teaming up with another writer, but I blame him for having Warhawk go down to a simple standard Karate blitz, no Iron Fist needed.

Got to love when comics totally contradict themselves in a few issues, because of how writers kept changing in and out then.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.