RIP Big Van Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
VADER IS NO MORE!

Show your respect!

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/6ZdGZ52_k8k/hqdefault.jpg

samhain
Man was a beast.

Playmaker
Big Van Vader won:

-The IWGP Heavyweight Championship a total of 3 times. That was a combined reign of 451 days. He was the first non-Japanese wrestler to win the title.

-The WCW World Heavyweight Championship a total of 3 times. That was a combined reign of 377 days making Vader the third longest combined WCW Heavyweight Champion of all time (Hogan is number 1 and Ric Flair is 2).

Those were just a few of his title victories. He won titles all around the globe and was a big guy who could move like very few could. Vader's matches with Sting are some of my favorites. He also had instant classics with Ric Flair (go watch their Starracde '93 match and be amazed) as well as Cactus Jack (Halloween Havoc '93 is a must see).

He was truly one of the greatest wrestlers of all time and was always one of my absolute favorites. It's time! It's VADER TIIIIIIIIIIME!!!

RIP to Leon White aka Big Van Vader. He lived a great 63 years on this planet and will truly be missed.

Playmaker
Shame that Vader was never inducted into the Hall of Fame while he was alive. There was a petition going around (I signed it) for WWE to do just that. It's a pity that some great wrestlers have to die before they are even considered for the Hall of Fame.

samhain
I think with a lot of the posthumous Hall Of Famers, it's down to the fact that people think there's more time and the story isn't over so to speak. Sudden death catches out a lot of people.

ShoutMan
Originally posted by samhain
Man was a beast.

Vader was Big beast. 195 kilos. Kane got into trouble with Vader's quick punches

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.