Day of Vengeance Spectre vs The True Fate

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Hostless Spectre against the Trinity Dr. Fate of Nelson, Enza, and Nabu.

Who wins?

beatboks
Spectre still wins

cdtm
Well, if Shazam and amped Cap could give him a struggle..

Not to mention Adam even being able to put up a fight.

I agree with you, but he did seem an overall weaker Spectre. Makes sense since host power levels wildly vary, and here he has no host at all..

beatboks
Bottom line Spectre has feats on a universal level fate doesn't and even though the merged Kent Inza and Noabu is supposed to be more powerful than the standard Kent Nsbu I don't believe they should be more powerful than energy form Nabu.

Its stated too many times how being in a mortal form weakens a lord of order.
When Nabu was in Kent's deceased body
Shat-ru in same body
In the Corrigan Spectre Fate fight where Soec states being in a mortal form was a weakness for him.

It's sheer speculation on my part but i believe supported, that two souls simply allows them to access Nabu's full power. I believe this is supported by the fact that Mordru obviously has his full power and in addition to the soul of the gem world wizard he possessed he bound another spirit to him.

Ergo since Nabu lost so would "true Fate"

The Spectre+
spectre wins

cdtm
Nabu, in his energy form, was also doing badly against Mordru.

If he needs a host, it stands to reason manifesting without a body in the material world could be a problem.

Which means Spectre fought an especially weakened Nabu.

Hostless Spectre vs Hostless Fate.

riv6672

beatboks
Originally posted by cdtm
Nabu, in his energy form, was also doing badly against Mordru.

Mordru is a different kettle of fish. In early Amethyststories he was easily dealt with by Amethyst when he was a lord of order possessinga mortal body. Then he bound another soul to himself which makes him "true fate" level. The he also incorporated Arion in the mix. Then one by one killed the other Lords of Order and Chaos and took their power. All this culminated in him using Fate's (Jarred's) oen artifacts to kill him. Nabu's showing vs Mordru is one of his best not worst.

nabu only needed a host because he took on a host form. Because he limites himself that way he had a limited number of years using his power and had to rest in the tomb kents father found him in.

no Spec fought Nabu at his peak in power.

FYI cap Marvel wasnt just amped by Shazam but by every mustic in the DCU courtesy of Enchantress. Hardly a low showing.

Yes there are several showings that depict a hostless Spectre as weaker. During his Ostrander run, when corrigan Spectre was cut off from corrigan. DOV goes against the trend

Pillow Biter
Fate continuity, such that it is, is all over the place. Some comics have said that the helmet gives you the FULL power of Nabu. Others have suggested that Nabu was more powerful than any Fate.

Spectre is also all over the place. Still, I'd put money on Spectre. Just not a lot.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.